Endure
Captivate
Sleep Talk
Fury Cutter
Snore
Swift
Mud-Slap
Worry Seed

Roserade, quite possible the best Toxic Spiker, Dual Spiker, Grass-type and Bulky Water counter in UU.

Possible sets:

Toxic Spikes

Roserade @ Focus Sash | Natural Cure
Timid | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Toxic Spikes / Sleep Powder / Leaf Storm / Hidden Power Fire

Spikes

Roserade @ Black Sludge | Natural Cure
Calm | 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Spikes / Giga Drain / Hidden Power Fire / Rest

Dual Spikes

Calm | 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Spikes / Toxic Spikes / Giga Drain / Rest

Choice Scarf

Roserade @ Choice Scarf | Natural Cure
Leaf Storm / Sludge Bomb / Hidden Power Ice / Sleep Powder

Life Orb

Roserade @ Life Orb | Natural Cure
Giga Drain / Sludge Bomb / Hidden Power Fire / Sleep Powder

SubSeed

Substitute / Leech Seed / Giga Drain / Spikes

Weather Support

Roserade @ Damp Rock / Heat Rock | Natural Cure
Rain Dance / Giga Drain / Weather Ball / Sleep Powder

I really like the scarf set. I remember back in the battle tower when i fought barrys dad the second time it saved my ass.

But besides the point. Scarf sleep powder is really nice, you can get a free switch and set up another mon. And Scarf stab Leaf storm coming off a base 125 sp atk hits like a draco meteor from hydreigon, it wrecks.

Too bad grass is such a horrible offensive typing though. I love using her as a dual spiker and status absorber. With so many faster mons in UU that can scare her out Rose is better suited for a supportive role imo.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This isn't OU, so Grass typing is actually a very competent STAB in a tier where a lot of things are neutral/weak to it and Roserade hits harder than holy fuck. Grass/Poison is still just as good for neutral coverage this gen as it was last gen. But now that the ugly plant monster is gone, we get a better user this time around. Plus, without offensive Grass types like Roserade, Celebi, and Shaymin to stop them, Suicune and Milotic would basically usurp the tier.

SJCrew

True, that'd be a perfectly valid point if we were talking about beating Roserade. But the discussion is more or less at what Roserade adds to the tier, and I'm hoping it doesn't leave anytime soon with such domineering defensive Water types waiting for the right opportunity to get in, spread burns, and stall your team out.

And tbh, I'm just not seeing Sceptile as viable as the three I mentioned above at this point in time. He doesn't have the bulk to switch in on much, and he doesn't get Natural Cure or any type of recovery to stay alive throughout the match. He'll probably end up low UU or NU at this rate.

A bit off topic, but it does have unburden now (I think) so it could maybe abuse it to some affect. But back to Rose, I like her as an attacker, but with so many fire types lurking around the corner I'm too squeamish to use her for anything other than a double spiker/supporter. Well that and Sleep Powder always missing for me. ):

A bit off topic, but it does have unburden now (I think) so it could maybe abuse it to some affect. But back to Rose, I like her as an attacker, but with so many fire types lurking around the corner I'm too squeamish to use her for anything other than a double spiker/supporter. Well that and Sleep Powder always missing for me. ):
Roserade has Technician as a DW ability rather than Unburden. This means that it can use Magical Leaf as its STAB Grass move. I'd rather stick to Natural Cure, since status healing upon switching out is useful.

Roserade has Technician as a DW ability rather than Unburden. This means that it can use Magical Leaf as its STAB Grass move. I'd rather stick to Natural Cure, since status healing upon switching out is useful.
He was talking about Sceptile. :P

A Sludge Bomb with 180 Base Power if the opponent is poisoned, which would a pretty common battle condition considering Roserade sets up Toxic Spikes.
I thought that it'd work like Wake-Up Slap does against sleeping opponents, doubling damage and therefore not being affected by Technician, thus being 90BP against unpoisoned and 120BP against poisoned foes with Technican were it to have 60BP originally.

Kinda moot point though

I'm not sure if someone brought this up already, but I see Magic Bounce Espeon as a great check, if not a full-blown counter to Roserade, making Rosey eat her own sleep, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes. If you can predict the switch to Roserade and switch into Espeon, you can set up a Light Screen faster than Roserade(assuming it's non-scarfed) can attack, making Roserade useless. Just mah two cents :3

SJCrew

Yeah, I've tried that before. "Oh, it's a Roserade. It's just gonna use Sleep Powder or set up Toxic Spikes."

*gets OHKOed by Leaf Storm*

:(

breh

強いだね
somebody's not running enough bulk on espeon, lol

anyway, ignore technician (obviously) and just go with what has been working for generations: toxic spikes.

Best set would probably be something like

Roserade @ Leftovers
Modest/Bold
Natural Cure
252 HP / 252 Def (or SpA I guess) / 4 SpA (or Def I guess)
Leaf Storm
Toxic Spikes
Rest
(filler)

Bulky Choice Specs with Toxic Spikes could also work.

Blightbringer

Banned deucer.
The thing about Toxic Spikes is that Poison-types are quite common (especially other Roserade), so Roserade's efforts are often in vain. Dual Spikes Roserade is great (however, I don't like the EV spread listed; a distribution of 252 HP / 30 SpD / 226 Spe Timid {or whatever it is that yields 300 Speed} allows it to outspeed a lot of things, while still maintaining the ability to switch into things like Milotic and bulky Zapdos) since you can choose which move to use throughout the match. The overall utility is just so much greater than using only Spikes, or only Toxic Spikes.

I've noticed too that T-Spikes is far, far less useful with the Nidos running around on every other team. They always manage to humiliate my Roserade/Drapion...

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
LO Rose could be cool. Abuse all of the Slowbro and Milotic; just watch out for Psyschock. You can also lure in Staraptor and OHKO with Sludge Bomb. It acts as a check to some dangerous Pokemon, such as Jolteon and the aforementioned bulky Waters, while also throwing around LO Leaf Storms and sleeping stuff like Registeel, allowing something like Staraptor to finish up.

Just a thought.

I think you're all greatly underestimating Technician on Roserade. It doesn't benefit except for a boosted hidden power, but that HP can make all the difference and can hit for very good damage, and Roserade isn't particularly susceptible to status if it runs a Sub+3 attack set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)