Roserade

breh

強いだね
I have serious doubts that HP with a 20 higher BP is any good. Think about what each is hitting:

HP Ice: Hits Flygon, it doesn't matter
HP Fire: Hits Grass tyes weaker than Sludge Bomb or in sun, hits Abomasnow for 4x SE, so it doesn't matter
HP Rock: Hits Kyurem, which already shrugs off attacks as weak as that in the first place.

Tech is not worth it just for boosting hidden power.

My only point is that offensively speaking, both abilities are pretty useless. Roserade is fast enough to throw up a sub to keep it from being burned/paralyzed, and the extra power on specific coverage is still nice. And modest LO tech-boosted HP Rock actually 1hko's 4/0 Kyurem with SR up on the field.

I disagree with both Abilities being worthless offensively. Say you mispredict with your Roserade and switch into a Thunder Wave. With Natural Cure, that isn't a problem, you shrug it off as soon as you switch out. With Technician, now you've got a slow Roserade which is essentially useless. At least with Natural Cure, you can act as a status absorber, and you can even run Rest in the last moveslot to regain HP from LO recoil before you switch out.

I wouldn't give all that up for a harder hitting Magical Leaf and Hidden Power.

Cooky

Banned deucer.
Rest is awesome on natural cure Roserade, just use the LO attacker and replace HP Fire with it (I mean honestly what is HP fire there for anyway, this isnt OU, Registeel doesn't give a shit and Abomasnow takes sludge bomb just as badly), and hey presto a stall breaker that rapes Bulky Offense as well. Use in tandem with a strong, bulky fire type such as Victini or Moltres (classic combo w spikes support) for a great offensive partnership.

Isn't offensive Roserade more or less outclassed by Shaymin? I mean, Shaymin gets an amazing STAB in Seed Flare, Earth Power, Hidden Power, Rest, and Natural Cure too. It has much better overall stats as well. The only thing Roserade has over it, really, is a Fighting-type resistance (while its Defense is rather bad anyhow).

I just feel like Roserade is better off with a clerical/support role, considering it has Toxic Spikes and STAB Sludge Bomb for opposing Grass-types trying to absorb Leech Seed.

Plus, Shaymin is so much cuter.

-Zane

How does Roserade works on sun, weather ball with a 150 BP and solarbeam are great attacks (altough i think she's outclassed by victrebell) she remained a good option

I actually thing Roserade will remain stable as a Toxic Spiker for Stall and a great stautes (an status absorber), the techinician set might actually be interesting when release (altough 90 BP giga drain would have been awesome)

That's why I said "right off the bat." Seed Flare also doesn't always activate, and Leaf Storm has 20 more BP than Seed Flare.

As Forte said, another big difference is that it can run some support options on its sweeper sets that Shaymin can't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)