ROT: Quick An' Dirty!

All right, I'm going to make this brief as to avoid any unneeded longwinded explanations.
Table of Contents
I. The Pokemon, their purpose and their counters.
II. Overall counters.
III. End Notes.

The Pokemon

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Trick
- Rapid Spin

Purpose
This purpose of this starmy is to trick the opponents pokemon into using the same attack consecutively so that another pokemon may switch and sub smoothly. Starmie will also blow away any entry hazards set up by the lead pokemon as they are forced out.
Counters
Obviously, this would prove ineffective if the pokemon I'm rapid spinning on is of ghost typing. Although this is rare ghost types are generally easy to take care of, more so Gengar than Dusclops. Genosect OHKO's starmie with a u-turn, however.

Scrafty (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Rest
- Crunch

Purpose
Scrafty greatly appreciates Latias' screens, a preferable one being the light screen variant. This allows Scrafty to Bulk up without having to stress over special attacks harming him too much. After two or three bulk ups Scrafty becomes virtually invincible and fears no fighting pokemon, not even conkeldurr. Drain punch provides a method of healing while crunch is to prevent becoming damaged by psychic and ghost pokemon who like to take a jab at Scrafty's unprotected special defense side.
Counter
Once Scrafty has gotten a few bulk ups he doesn't have many notable threats. Status inflictors will find themselves to have little effect on scrafty as his ability shed skin and rest will overwhelm them. However, scrafty completely gets demolished by boosted fighting moves.

Latias (F) @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 220 HP / 36 Def / 252 Spd
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Healing Wish
- Wish

Purpose
Latias provides the screens that allow Scrafty and Meloetta to do what they were born to do: Destroy.
Latias can easily switch in on an unboosted icebeam, or any special attack really, and take miniscule damage while setting up screens. Wish is to heal latias as well as any battered pokemon on the team. Healing wish is used provide health to any battered pokemon that is suffering from low health and/or status condition.
Counters
Any speedy taunt or encore user such as Whimsicott and Politoed will stop Latias in its tracks. This proves to be a serious problem if other pokemon on the team direly need wish/healing wish support.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Earth Power

Purpose
Heatran is most commonly used after Starmie has tricked the opposing pokemon into something heatran isn't fazed by. He will then sub and continue to sweep. Heatran also provides durant with coverage from moves of fire typing.
Counters
Although Heatran usually poisons blisseys that try to wall him with toxic he is entirely incapable of handling a seismic tossing Blissey. To be honest, Heatran is only in this team to be Durant's support, and is probably the 2nd pokemon I would kick off the team.

Durant (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Hone Claws
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge

Purpose
Durant is only here to deal with Gyarados' who without Durant would completely obliterate my team. I also placed him here so that I wasn't completely trashed by dragon pokemon. Although he plays his role fair enough he's a bit shaky and isn't a reliable asset.
Counters
Any special attack. Any boosted super effective attack. If it wasn't for heatran he'd be completely useless on the team. But I needed a pokemon of steel typing to deal with dragons. Both Heatran and Durant are very close to being kicked off the team entirely.

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Focus Blast

Purpose
Oh lord. I can't exaggerate how well this pokemon performs. Meloetta is used to switched into a special attacker to set up on. She sets up a sub and calm minds away and it is comfortable enough to spam Psychic and Focus blasts. Meloetta, however, greatly appreciates latias' screens, more so the reflect variant to stop physical attackers from taking advantage of Meloetta's unprotected defense.
Counters
If Meloetta doesn't have a sub placed she's not safe. Any taunt users will abolish Meloetta's chance to sub and encore and status inflicting pokemon will just hamper Meloetta greatly. Although Latias could provide Meloetta with healing wish in case she does suffers from a status condition, it's a whole heap of trouble that could be avoided if you just subbed. So basically, what I'm saying is: SUB SUB SUB SUB SUB SUB SUB!

Overall Counters
Dragon types such as Garchomp fears no one in my team, and if it switched in and none of my pokemon are support by either subs or boosts then it's practically checkmate right then and there, as it's not going to be switching out anytime soon.

Gyarados is also a threat to my team, as the only thing it has to fear is Durant, and it's not very reliable.

Herocross is a big threat to this team, as it fears nothing and can sweep mercilessly through it.

Excadrill in the sand. This thing is almost impossible to counter unless you have an anti-weather pokemon. I would actually call this thing broken in the sand.

Thoughts/End notes
In order to be at least somewhat effective against dragons I placed Durant on the team. To provide support for Durant I placed Heatran. However, the two have proved to be ineffective to an array of things, and I'm considering kicking them out entirely.
Well that wasn’t very quick or dirty. It was more like sanitary and prolonged. Anyway, feedback is needed. Thanks.

your trick starmie looks like it could be hard to use, but if it can trick succesfully it looks like it can be quite the beast to be honest, i certainly wouldnt want to face it, although a thundurus or other nice electric type could take it out fairly easily.

for your scrafty...i'unno i cant see much wrong with it but personally i prefer the dragon dance set, here it is for consideration:

Scrafty @ leftovers
moxie / jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

pretty good type coverage and the speed boost for him is always nice.

latias as your screen looks pretty good, but i would consider giving the thing at least one attacking move, just incase, it's nice to have y'know?

your heatran is completely solid, doesnt look like much can touch it, pretty cool.

for durant i really would suggest a change, maybe the smogon standard charge beam boost set;
Jolteon @ life orb
timid / volt absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Charge Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden power grass/ice
- Shadow Ball
as smogon says, charge beam is there for the boost, once you get a boost or two you should be using thunderbolt as it's your main STAB move. Jolteon might be a good switch in if you find yourself facing an electric type with starmie (probably unlikely) also, yawn could be a possibility over shadow ball if you want a little annoyance to the opponent.

ooooOOOOooooh...cool set on meloetta. i've actually never seen this pokemon used at all D: but that set looks pretty solid!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)