Tournament RU World Cup - Semi-Finals (Tiebreaker at post #24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

• Matches should be played on PS Main server on smogtours
  • Schedule your matches please, reserve the right of calling an activity or dead game based on this
  • PLEASE POST REPLAYS, MANDATORY BTW (There is a replay thread now so...)
Congratulations to all the teams that supported the 9 weeks and came up on top to reach the playoffs, you all deserve greatness and some big congratulations. Lets see who reaches the finals

SEMI-FINALS:

4th
Canada + US Central(3) vs (5)Asia + Rest of the World
1st

SM: Sam vs yjh971203
SM: Kink vs trace
SM: FLCL vs Eternally
SM: Sage vs Averardo
ORAS: EviGaro vs Arifeen
ORAS: Lord Death Man vs J0RIS
BW: Amaroq vs Chill Shadow
BW: Megazard vs Aeroblacktyl

3rd
Europe(4) vs (4)LA
2nd

SM: Pohjis vs Gondra
SM: TonyFlygon vs PILZ
SM: Welli0u vs ZDen
SM: Pearl vs Mart
ORAS: Kushalos vs Lycans
ORAS: Santu vs Yvettee
BW: Void vs Feliburn
BW: We Three Kings vs trash

The best of the best. Best of luck to all competitors!

Deadline will be on 4th of February at 2:00 am GMT -5

Stakataka will be legal for this week until the end of the suspect. And remember to save replays, for posterity!

Cheers!

Last edited:
due to TonyFlygon's request

too bad france isnt in so i can bash the dogshit losers but alas

Canada + US Central (5) vs (3) Asia + Rest of the World

SM: Sam vs yjh971203 | idk bro. zomog hand-picked this man to replace a 25k player, so he must have some talent
SM: Kink vs trace | durza told me trace was solid which makes me question his abilities. plus, the one game i saw him play this tour, he played like an autistic loser so.
SM: FLCL vs Eternally | eternally doesn't have rozes to sabotage him this tour so mayb he'll win lol. flcls better tho
SM: Sage vs Averardo | sage has been kind of bad in SPL but her opponent isnt even in spl so.
ORAS: EviGaro vs Arifeen | would have ordinarily picked arifeen but evigaro has had some solid performances in spl so the sheet looker in me is inclined to favor her
ORAS: Lord Death Man vs J0RIS | idk i still see joris as sort of a meme but LOL idk ldm mite b competent i mean he 6-0d col49s barbaracle team with a scrafty lol.
BW: Amaroq vs Chill Shadow | i don't rly think amaroq is good and cs is a beter player with more metagame knowledge
BW: Megazard vs Aeroblacktyl | mop's been pretty solid in spl and the offensive nature of bw suits his playing style prob

Europe (7) vs (1) LA

SM: Pohjis vs Gondra | RIBBON SYNDROME caused pohjis's spl price to be an absurd 20k LOL jesus. he has yet to impress so far and i still believe he's a slightly above average player. gondra is about the same skill level but he didnt have a top 5 choke in smogon history 2 weeks ago, so picking him
SM: TonyFlygon vs PILZ | we rly pickin TONY in a playoff game LOL i mean idk who tf pilz is and tony is prob decent enuff im assuming he'll prep also like usual
SM: Welli0u vs ZDen | idk who the other guy is rly. welliou's solid enough and has good team support
SM: Pearl vs Mart | LMAO PEARL VS MIGUEL MART OMG REVENGE GAME HYPE lol jk but that would be a lit storyline. easy pick here
ORAS: Kushalos vs Lycans | both of these players are probably about similar in skill level but kushalos has been known to be an oras ru fiend. big edge on meta knowledge I'd say
ORAS: Santu vs Yvettee | i've heard of santu i guess? lol
BW: Void vs Feliburn | void's definitely a better player. feliburn mite hav the meta knowledge edge but void is still a beast in this tier and should be able to comfortable outplay
BW: We Three Kings vs trash | moxie's better for sure

Last edited:

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
Hey shoutouts time, even if I'm cranky af I still love my team so grats on Canada + Central for being the best US team in this tour ROFL. First thanks is probably to Amaroq really, he'll probably find that very odd - partly why he's first - but even if you're upset at that last game, you went from what, 0-4 to 5-5? Building every week? I really appreciated teaming with you again, and hey it might happen again soon™. Shoutouts to passion for being a great teammate and building pal, to Lord Death Man and Jrdn for holding on in oras with me and sorry for you getting all the fat matchups when I always cruised to twenty turns games, to Kink for being wild and I know you're mad at your record but that can be fixed, starting soon™ too. Everyone else, from pals like Sage to Megazard to players who came in this like flcl Sam and lax, to SilentVerse supporting Amaroq as best you could in building and soulgazer playing that one game lol. Special shoutouts to bebo7788 and CryoGyro I know you're both fairly new in team tours, even moreso in this tier, but you performed admirably, I think you were both positive or something. Cryo you really remind me of myself especially when you salt in test games ROFL I hope to see you get more experience and get better cause you have a good eye for building and when to pull triggers.

And also, thanks to Aldo for setting this tour up, I was really scared that we'd just all drop it week 5 but nooo people are still playing and getting involved. Shoutout to all the new players, it was very odd seeing some familiar faces from Brazil in this setting haha but I hope to see you again. If I had to shoutout one non Canada person, shoutout Hurtadoo , I had no idea who you were but your interest in this tier is obvious and you're improving rapidly. Even if some "mauvaises langues" insinuated you were not of caliber, I call nonsense on this. Losing to players like Gondra or Meru in your first tour is really nothing to be disappointed at, and you're already beating spl starters in your first seasonal, imo this shows that this tour was actually a great idea to get people into this tier and I hope we get to see more of those cause despite all my love for rupl it gets a bit jerky no lie

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Now that my team has been eliminated, I should probably say a few words. First of all, I would like to say that I am so incredibly proud of this unholy conglomeration of Canada, Texas, and the Midwestern United States for never giving up, no matter how bad the odds or how unlucky we were. I know you guys were frustrated (I was too) and your willingness to fight through it means a lot to me. Giving up at multiple points during the season would've been so easy, but we persevered and made it to playoffs. The team environment was great and I enjoyed interacting with you guys. As cliche as it sounds, we made a lot of memories along the way. To me, the best of them was that magical run at the end of Week 9, when we were down 3 games and came back to win 5 straight and earn ourselves a playoff spot. I don't want to make this too long since it's getting late and I'm tired, but some of you deserve individual shoutouts.

EviGaro deserves the first one for picking me up to begin with, starting me every week, and having faith in my ability to win despite having every reason not to. Going from 0-4 in RUPL to ending the regular season positive and going even after a loss in playoffs means more to me than it probably should, and I never would've managed it without you giving me a chance long after you could've been forgiven for passing me by. In addition to that, you did a great job leading the team in general and repeatedly showed up as a player when we needed you. Good luck in SPL, and I hope we can team up for RUPL as well. Maybe by then I will be able to contribute in USUM RU as well. My only complaint is that you still won't let me use Electivire (but were apparently willing to sign off on things like Floatzel ?_?).

SilentVerse and passion did a great deal behind the scenes to help me build. I appreciate all your advice. Thank you to SilentVerse in particular for putting up with me pinging you constantly and asking for input or for help finishing teams (my building strategy for most of the tour was as follows: come up with a concept, get stuck on the last Pokemon or two, and make SilentVerse solve my problems for me). I appreciate you being so good-natured and willing to put up with me. I learned a lot about BW RU from you and hope to make you my build slave team with you again in the future. passion, you're hilarious and did a lot to help the team in general in addition to your contributions to my teambuilding. The techs you recommended I use were pretty cool and (I think) resulted in wins when I used them, so props to you for helping me even though you don't like this tier. Without your help, I would've struggled more in the early weeks and found it harder to try to preserve team morale.

Props to Megazard for stepping in when we needed a second BW player despite not really being familiar with the tier and managing to bring us some wins. I know it's hard to be successful when you're just dropped into a tier and expected to fill in, but you never complained and did your best to make it work, which was a huge asset to the team.

bebo7788 gets a shoutout for being super friendly and upbeat and posting a good record despite high IQ moments like having to be told not to forfeit a game he eventually won, assuming that we were out of playoffs after the team had spent several minutes talking about the fact that we were in playoffs, and forgetting that 4+4 = 8. I think you'll go far in the future and look forward to seeing you make a name for yourself in future tours. I think your success will come soon after you acquire an understanding of basic mathematics. Love you, buddy.

I'm getting tired now, so I'll try to wrap this up. Sage is awesome and always had a kind word for everyone. I know you wanted a better record, but I'm sure you'll manage that in RUPL. I enjoyed getting the chance to catch up with you and would enjoy teaming with you in the future. Kink and I have had our issues in the past, but you did a lot to help the team and I think significantly better of you as a result. Sam I know you think this wasn't your tour, but I want you to know that I felt like we could always rely on you to win games if the RNG didn't decide to punish you. Thanks for being here for the team when we needed you. The ORAS goons deserve recognition for playing that awful tier for 10 weeks without losing their minds and occasionally almost making it interesting to watch. We wouldn't be here without you. The reliable FLCL really helped us out by showing up big-time during some important games. You're a quiet dude, but you were super important to our success. CryoGyro did well despite being somewhat inexperienced in team tours. I hope to see you continue to develop and would love to see you find success in the future. Everyone I may have forgotten deserves recognition for showing up and playing their games when needed. Finally, I'd like to thank Accelgor for cheering me on for years now (has it really been that long?) and putting up with my habit of endlessly spamming him with BW RU challenges even when I do things like hax him or make him forfeit with Expert Belt techs.

One last note: I think this tour was a really cool idea and am glad to see all the young teams bringing fresh talent that would ordinarily be passed over in team tours onto the scene. I hope all the people who got their first real team tour exposure here continue to grow and develop.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thanks a lot to the conglomeration of Canada + US Central for their participation and for never giving up. You guys did great, do not feel bad for the performance since I have nothing but gratitude words for taking the time to play this tournament. Never give up, let that be a lesson to everyone.

On more related news... TIEBREAKER IS ON. Europe vs LA has been some fantastic series that we gotta decide through the tiebreaker. First tier will always be SM, the other 2 will be a choice from each respective team. The tiebreaker goes as follows:

Europe(2) vs (1)LA

TIEBREAKER:

SM: Welli0u vs Gondra
ORAS: We Three Kings vs Lycans
BW: Kushalos vs Feliburn

Tiebreaker deadline will be Friday 8th at 11pm GMT -5
Stakataka will still be allowed for this tiebreaker, make sure to challenge SM OU
(don't challenge SM UU since Drought is banned there)
May the best reach the finals!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)