move 3: Nasty Plot
move 4: Will-O-Wisp
item: Life Orb
ability: Corrosion
nature: Timid
evs: 36 Def / 188 SpA / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk

[SET COMMENTS]
Salandit is a fast, powerful wallbreaker with a strong offensive Poison/Fire typing and good STAB offensive moves. The EV spread maximises Speed and Special Attack, with leftover EVs put into Defence and Special Defence. 0 HP IVs are run to reach 19HP, reducing Life Orb recoil, and 0 Attack IVs are run to reduce Strength Sap recovery from defensive opponents. Salandit aims to break through defensive cores with Nasty Plot boosted Fire Blasts and Sludge Bombs. Will-O-Wisp is useful for anticipated Onix switch-ins, in order to cripple it to help teammates.

Salandit's main counters are Galarian-Ponyta, Diglett and Onix. Galarian-Ponyta can switch into any unboosted attack, outspeed and OHKO with any set, while Onix OHKOs with Earthquake, even when burned. While Diglett is unable to switch into Salandit, it is guaranteed to remove it with Earthquake. Salandit pairs well with Corphish, because Salandit can remove Grass-types that Corphish struggles to break through, while Corphish beats Onix and can set up on Diglett after it has removed Salandit. Salandit also appreciates hazard removers such as Drilbur and Timburr, so that it can switch in more often during the match. It also appreciates Sticky Web support so that it can outspeed Diglett and Galarian-Ponyta.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[EnzoLapras, 381336]]
- Quality checked by: [[QC, 000], [QC, 000]]
- Grammar checked by: [[GPer, <userid1>]]

Last edited:

Stoward

Ah, you're finally awake
Hey just dropping an AM check here. I know I'm asking quite a lot here so I'd hold off on implementing this until there's some input from QC.

[SET]
name: Nasty Plot Wallbreaker
move 1: Fire Blast
move 2: Sludge Bomb
move 3: Nasty Plot
move 4: Will-O-Wisp
item: Life Orb
ability: Corrosion
nature: Timid
evs: 36 Def / 188 SpA / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk
If the set is going to be called "Nasty Plot Wallbreaker", Nasty Plot should probably be the first move.

The EV spread maximises Speed and Special Attack, with leftover EVs put into Defence and Special Defence. 0 HP IVs are run to reach 19HP, reducing Life Orb recoil, and 0 Attack IVs are run to reduce Strength Sap recovery from defensive opponents.
First sentence here is basically filler as you're just explaining max-max EVs so I'd remove this. Second sentence is good though.

Salandit aims to break through defensive cores with Nasty Plot boosted Fire Blasts and Sludge Bombs. Will-O-Wisp is useful for anticipated Onix switch-ins, in order to cripple it to help teammates.
I'd like to see examples of Defensive cores it breaks through as it certainly doesn't break through Mareanie, but it breaks through the most well known Ferroseed + Spritzee.

Since this Pokemon isn't ranked and has only been used once in ekans, I'd like the first paragraph to briefly mention its shortcomings (i.e the presence of trapping from Diglett and Trapinch makes it hard for it to see much time on the battlefield as it's prone to being revenge killed.

Salandit's main counters are Galarian-Ponyta, Diglett and Onix. Galarian-Ponyta can switch into any unboosted attack, outspeed and OHKO with any set, while Onix OHKOs with Earthquake, even when burned. While Diglett is unable to switch into Salandit, it is guaranteed to remove it with Earthquake.
This second paragraph is supposed to be dedicated to team options. While it's important to identify the checks and counters, as teammates are supposed to help deal with these checks and counters, it's also important to identify Pokemon and specific roles that Salandit appreciates. i.e Sticky Web Support is incredibly beneficial for Salandit as it allows Salandit to outspeed Diglett and OHKO it with Fire Blast, which prevents Diglett from being able to trap it. Currently the team options only list 1 Pokemon which really doesn't give anyone much to work with. I'd redo this section.

Other teammate options could include:
  • Hazard removal
  • Offensive wallbreakers that can break through Mareanie.
  • Ground-type immunities
  • U-turn support as Salandit doesn't appreciate switching directly into attacks.
  • Entry Hazard Support as it makes it easier for Salandit to KO stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)