SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

now i'm doing the first star base which is level 27

I mean I guess this isnt a complaint, per say (certainly interesting being 5 levels under Mela here in a modern pokemon game) just. Weird to have no real sense of what anything is.

Also the starmobiles being immune to status is a fun gotcha

e: To be clear being 5 levels under Mela is nice, i am getting low key wrecked here and needing to use like items and intimidate and everything
Mela isn’t actually the first base, it’s the dark-type one. I did this too and got annihilated.

If it makes you feel better, after the 5th gym I had a hard time keeping up (but then again I rotate about 14/15 different mons)

I would also recommend following this for the order:

View attachment 467031
yeah i saw the Flying Titan was by the Dark Star bas so I just finished that one up

I can't blame them for wanting you to always be finding something, and i imagine the idea if you find a high level thing you cant handle and then backtrack to the other side of the region but it's really funny how much, sometimes arbitrary, criss corssing it wants you to do. Again not bad (& if you want to encourage exploration you kind of have to), just a little goofy.

If it makes you feel better, after the 5th gym I had a hard time keeping up (but then again I rotate about 14/15 different mons)

I would also recommend following this for the order:

View attachment 467031
I don't have the game yet but this looks like an absolute nightmare if you want to stay on level curve. The level gaps are constantly shifting between one half of the map and the other and don't look like they feed into one another at all.

Been resetting my game to see if the 3 Segment Dudunsparce form is random or if it becomes locked into the mon's code once you catch it. So far, no success yet at getting it to evolve into the 3 Segment form...

yeah i saw the Flying Titan was by the Dark Star bas so I just finished that one up

I can't blame them for wanting you to always be finding something, and i imagine the idea if you find a high level thing you cant handle and then backtrack to the other side of the region but it's really funny how much, sometimes arbitrary, criss corssing it wants you to do. Again not bad (& if you want to encourage exploration you kind of have to), just a little goofy.
Honestly, I'm concerned about what happens when you find a high level thing you can handle. It'd net a substantial pile of Exp, which runs the risk of inadvertently overleveling for parts that were accidentally skipped. After all, leveling up a team is a whole lot easier than leveling down.

Honestly, I'm concerned about what happens when you find a high level thing you can handle. It'd net a substantial pile of Exp, which runs the risk of inadvertently overleveling for parts that were accidentally skipped. After all, leveling up a team is a whole lot easier than leveling down.
Against my better judgement and knowing it would probably wreck things I actually caught a level 25 Vespiquen on the way to Brassius. I ran inot it mostly to see what it'd be and then decided a 7 minute drag out battle to capture it was the best course of action.
It kind of worked out in the long run since I wound up with some weird temporary members and a few died.

Mela probably would have been worse if everyone but Clodsire, the lowest leveled one, wasn't dead by the end.

Let me guess, you trusted the Nurse's advice too.
I didn't even know she gave advice. I talked to her twice, once when she first opened up and once after I beat Mela while I was cleaning up the various new courses and stuff that I forgot to do after beating Brassius.
I trusted Marketing revealing her first + being right next to the Titan and Brassius (only reason I went to the bug leader first is because that's where the game points you for gyms first) and figured she would bridge the gap to Iono

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Against my better judgement and knowing it would probably wreck things I actually caught a level 25 Vespiquen on the way to Brassius. I ran inot it mostly to see what it'd be and then decided a 7 minute drag out battle to capture it was the best course of action.
It kind of worked out in the long run since I wound up with some weird temporary members and a few died.

Mela probably would have been worse if everyone but Clodsire, the lowest leveled one, wasn't dead by the end.

I didn't even know she gave advice. I talked to her twice, once when she first opened up and once after I beat Mela while I was cleaning up the various new courses and stuff that I forgot to do after beating Brassius.
I trusted Marketing revealing her first + being right next to the Titan and Brassius (only reason I went to the bug leader first is because that's where the game points you for gyms first) and figured she would bridge the gap to Iono
It's weird how they really give no way to know the correct order lol. Marketing wasn't reliable, the Nurse isn't reliable, not even the wild mons around the city are reliable (the path to Medali has pokemon both in their 20s and 40s).

Does anyone know what are the stats of the Starmobiles? They look like they would be hilarious mons to have in Hackmons, even if they suck, for the sheer absurdity of fighting with a car
They're treated as something different so I don't think we know

Internally they aren't revavroom forms and Mela's internal team, as an example, is just a Torkoal. The titan battles are actually in the same boat. So however the game treats these "boss pokemon" is way different than what they usually do.

I also kind of assume they cause Transform to fail.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Speaking of weird formes, Sawsbuck now has one form per weather. Was it like that in SwSh? I know USUM still listed them all as a single one (much to my annoyance when I wanted to change their typing for a romhack).

I don't have the game yet but this looks like an absolute nightmare if you want to stay on level curve. The level gaps are constantly shifting between one half of the map and the other and don't look like they feed into one another at all.
For what matters, I've managed to stay on curve following that "guide" until the lvl 40 bits.
I ended up doing the flying titan first "on accident" cause i ran into it without even thinking which is funny, and I also did Mela first thinking she'd be the "first" one without knowing that the dark guy was actually lower level.

However after you reach level 40ish even if you're just using 6 it starts to get difficult to be on curve without actually grinding a bit. I've been fighting every trainer I found, and rought estimate means I've beaten around 70-80% of them, and interestingly rn I've cleared all the gym-camp-titans (but not the final bit of each story) and I actually am significantly underleveled! My highest poke is lvl 51, and i got demolished by one of the various first fights of the final bits which has lvl 60ish teams.

Guess it's time to sort the pokedex and meanwhile pick up some candies from raids to catch up.

Idk what to think of it, it's not a complete faceroll but mainly due to the level curve being questionable in the final bit.

For what matters, I've managed to stay on curve following that "guide" until the lvl 40 bits.
I ended up doing the flying titan first "on accident" cause i ran into it without even thinking which is funny, and I also did Mela first thinking she'd be the "first" one without knowing that the dark guy was actually lower level.

However after you reach level 40ish even if you're just using 6 it starts to get difficult to be on curve without actually grinding a bit. I've been fighting every trainer I found, and rought estimate means I've beaten around 70-80% of them, and interestingly rn I've cleared all the gym-camp-titans (but not the final bit of each story) and I actually am significantly underleveled! My highest poke is lvl 51, and i got demolished by one of the various first fights of the final bits which has lvl 60ish teams.

Guess it's time to sort the pokedex and meanwhile pick up some candies from raids to catch up.

Idk what to think of it, it's not a complete faceroll but mainly due to the level curve being questionable in the final bit.
Looking at the map above I think the 6 level jump from the level 36 gym and the level 42 gym contributes alongside, i am guessing again looking at the map that by the time you reach this end portion you've traversed the majority of the map.

If that happens to me I think I'd be into it depending on the extent of the underleveling. Certainly an interesting end point for Always On EXP Share Round 5

They weren't in Gen 8 at all. And in Gen 7 you had to transfer from Gen 6, so they weren't even in the Pokedex
You can't even transfer some of the forms from Gen 6. Since there's no season mechanic in either Gen 6 or 7, Deerling/Sawsbuck can't change form and the only form available to them is Spring. So for Summer, Autumn, or Winter forms, you've gotta transfer them in from Gen 5 and/or breed from one from Gen 5 since the form is transferable via breeding.

It's... a rather unloved line from GF. Which is a shame, beacuse they're excellent mons. I don't have SV, but I hope they got access to Body Slam or something - otherwise their only normal STAB move is Take Down or Double-Edge since Return remains Dexited :/.

You can't even transfer some of the forms from Gen 6. Since there's no season mechanic in either Gen 6 or 7, Deerling/Sawsbuck can't change form and the only form available to them is Spring. So for Summer, Autumn, or Winter forms, you've gotta transfer them in from Gen 5 and/or breed from one from Gen 5 since the form is transferable via breeding.

It's... a rather unloved line from GF. Which is a shame, beacuse they're excellent mons. I don't have SV, but I hope they got access to Body Slam or something - otherwise their only normal STAB move is Take Down or Double-Edge since Return remains Dexited :/.
Miraculously yes, they did get Body Slam, the move they probably should have had to begin with.
They also picked up Wild Charge, Play Rough & Zen Headbutt

Deerling legitimately feels like they went "we can't just have this be around the region, without a seasonal gimmick, THAT WOULD BE RIDICULOUS" so they cast it into the Friend Safari and PokeNav and then didn't bother for 2 entire generations, presumably as they paced back and forth in the office before realizing "what if we just put them in themed areas like we do everything else"

My experience with the level curve has been pretty all over the place, but I have been doing a lot of things out of order. I went:

- Katy
- Klawf
- (Huge gap of just wandering around exploring & doing multiplayer in my spouse’s world)
- Bombirdier
- Orthworm
- (Another long exploration gap in which my I let my Pawmo kill about 100 Gyarados in a mass outbreak, pushing my team - Crocalor, Pawmo(t), and Finizen - up from late 20s all the way to early/mid 30s)
- Brassius (I used a different team because my original group were now heinously overleveled as a result of my Gyarados-killing spree, but even just an untouched Lv25 Glimmet reduced Brassius to the easiest Gym battle of my entire life)
- Giacomo
- Iono (Switched back to the original team at this point, but with the addition of Glimmet and Dunsparce)
- Mela
- Atticus (this guy actually KO’d me once; we were evenly leveled)

After playing the game a bit I can say one thing. The GUI is not well designed. Things that should have a button prompt don't, and things like "connecting" are tiny and are blocked by Switch notifications in the upper left. Since this is only a Switch platform game you'd think they would have accounted for that. Even viewing the specifications is a bit of a pain as you need to flip through a bunch of screens to see a Pokemon thoroughly.

Small complaints but kind of makes me think this was a bit rushed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)