SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Anyone have thoughts on whether Paradox Mons should violate the species clause when partnered with their original counterparts? For example, should Tyranitar and Iron Thorns be allowed on the same team?

Honestly I think they should be allowed allowed together, as it seems like they’re clearly being treated as entirely separate entities. Different names, different dex entries…

Not unlike the Diglet/Wiglet and Tentacool/Toedscool lines.

Iron Hands is being glossed over a lot but it looks like it has serious OU staple potential. Huge Melmetal-esque bulk and power, amazing offensive typing, stab drain punch for longevity, and volt switch for pivoting. Amazing offensive movepool too.
This one kinda disappointed me, only because I'm obsessed with ho mons n I thought it was gonna share Hariyama's egg moves (particularly bullet punch and feint). I feel like normal Hariyama kinda outclasses it in this department - and it even gets headlong rush for the eventual cckblock that is unaware Skeledirge. Otherwise, Id still run Iron Hands just cuz we FINALLY have an electric/fighting mon. He's clearly pawmot's bigger brother.

Anyone have thoughts on whether Paradox Mons should violate the species clause when partnered with their original counterparts? For example, should Tyranitar and Iron Thorns be allowed on the same team?

Honestly I think they should be allowed allowed together, as it seems like they’re clearly being treated as entirely separate entities. Different names, different dex entries…

I think having them together is fine as they are completely different Pokémon.

(I do think a potential paradox clause should be created though to stop teams from being stacked with them)

There's no thoughts to have because, no matter how much i will grouse about it conceptually, they are their own species

Not to mention that Loaded Dice is a thing.

The lowest chain-linking moves are 15 BP. If Population Bomb hits 10 times, it'd be 150 BP. If it's 10 BP and hits 10 times, it'd be 100 BP.

Now, just assuming it's the former, and that it's used Tidy Up once:

+1 252 Atk Raticate Hyper Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 136-162 (44.7 - 53.2%) -- 31.3% chance to 2HKO

This thing has the tools to do what Tinkaton wishes it could, making a base 75 Attack Stat actually work. Of course, this is dependant on Population Bomb being 15 BP, and I haven't caught up yet, so we'll see.
It also gets Technician, so. Mouse might hurt a bit.

Last edited:
It also gets Technician, so. Mouse might hurt a bit.
Yeah I noticed that after I posted, lol. With Technician, 10 BP per hit does the calc that I posted.

15 BP turns into:

+1 252 Atk Raticate Hyper Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 199-235 (65.4 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Could honestly see it in RU+, considering Super Fang annoys any resists that would want to switch in, and recovery moves are nerfed.

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I’d ask if the items have been leaked, but i just know in my heart of hearts that there is no thick club for tinkaton

How does my boy Wugtrio shape up in this metagame
honestly probably not good. if dugtrio cant do it without an ability, then neither can wugtrio, which by the way, is an absolutely boring name. wigglet was funny, and fellow convergentmon toedscool/toedscruel at least had interesting names. this one’s just. wugtrio.

View attachment 464633View attachment 464634

You're right Paradox + (Original Pokemon Name) isn't an official term but I think calling it Paradox Amoongus or Brute Bonnet is perfectly understandable
i hope these dex entries aren’t just “wow this pokemon is just like the one in the book” that would be so anticlimactic

I ended up head-cannoning the names of the Paradox forms from the very first leak that was making the rounds on Twitter (i.e. Bigglyruff for Scream Tail, Stalagneton for Sandy Shocks, Harissage for Iron Hands, Mechanitar for Iron Thorns), though I don't know if Koraidonphan and Miraridonphan for the Donphan Paradoxes sounds too gimmicky or is too large to give as nicknames (which is also the case for Ungaboonguss for Brute Bonnet).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)