SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I heard they drop on 6/7-Star raids.
This assumption is being overlooked. I don't... "think" any people playing these games are using wifi/online features. In the past, Nintendo used online to detect people playing hacked Switches and playing games that aren't released yet, and then subsequently bricked their system, so I'm sure many people playing the early release are offline.

If there are any features hidden in online gamemodes like high tier raids, we won't know about them until release.

This assumption is being overlooked. I don't... "think" any people playing these games are using wifi/online features. In the past, Nintendo used online to detect people playing hacked Switches and playing games that aren't released yet, and then subsequently bricked their system, so I'm sure many people playing the early release are offline.

If there are any features hidden in online gamemodes like high tier raids, we won't know about them until release.
The only ways to play the game atm is either
- have a early copy, with only reviewers would have right now legitimately
- have a hacked switch and downloaded the rom

The first are unlikely to be leaking things out, and assuming the og leakers actually managed to get early copies, if they went online their Switch would have got banned from internet almost right away.
And the latter well... hacked switches also get banned pretty quickly, and if you're one of the few with a hacked switch not banned, you're definitely not going to get it banned by going online with SV.

Did TTar lose its spot as the obvious Godzilla stand in? Will lockstin have to make a new YouTube video comparing who is the better hommage?
Between Baxcaliber being more blatantly Godzilla, Beta Tyranitar looking way more Bemular-ish, and Mega Tyranitar highlighting the common elements between base T-Tar and the final form of Psaro from Dragon Quest IV (both green when that's an odd color for both Godzilla and Rock-types, both lose their limbs and heads in the process of evolving, both have the face of their middle stage on their chests, Mega gains the long knee spikes that only emerge when Psaro completes his evolution, etc), I'm actually beginning to think that Tyranitar wasn't originally designed to be an homage to Godzilla at all.

The only ways to play the game atm is either
- have a early copy, with only reviewers would have right now legitimately
- have a hacked switch and downloaded the rom
Or play on emulator with local wireless/LAN play servers which is how Palafin's evolution method was found.

Or play on emulator with local wireless/LAN play servers which is how Palafin's evolution method was found.
Which is interesting and hard to replicate, however doesn't really solve the problem, as from my understanding, 6+ star raids are going to be limited to events (like the announced 7 star charizard raid) so wouldn't be available either ways :(

The wording literally says “one to ten” so it is likely an error.
Yes. But (some?) multihit moves can have some of the hits miss. So it's still "up to 10 hits" even if you miss 1-2. It had the potential to strike 10 times.

Triple Kick for example always strikes 3 times, but if one of the three hits miss then it doesn't hit 3 times. is this the same? Does it always go for the 10 hits, but accuracy can make it less than 10?

Which is interesting and hard to replicate, however doesn't really solve the problem, as from my understanding, 6+ star raids are going to be limited to events (like the announced 7 star charizard raid) so wouldn't be available either ways :(
I don't know about 7 stars but 6 star raids are in the vanilla game and Ability Patches drop from them (first item). Apparently you can even decently beat them alone depending on the AI.
1668374352499.png

EDIT: I can't confirm for myself but from the same source who linked this in the code cracking server, apparently the patch can change from HA to normal ability, so that might be worth testing out if someone can edit it in.

Dracovish was just covering for this thing out on Paternity leave.

Glad to see Ability Patches are finally confirmed. Honestly, I was kind of excited that one of the old weird fuck ups of USUM that prevented blue floette from ever having its HA would finally be rectified. That looming possibility we’d have to wait even longer had me as miffed as anyone could get over esoteric legality trivia.

The fact that Scarlet gets Paradox Mence/Mismagius and regular TTar/Hydreigon while Violet gets Paradox TTar/Hydreigon and regular Mence/Mismagius is interesting. It's all balanced between versions, because Magius has Drifblim as a counterpart and Hydreigon has Dragapult, then TTar/Salamence balance each other, but that's way more complicated than some of the other options they could do.

7 Star raids are explicitly in the main game

You’ll be able to take on Tera Raid Battles at black crystals after completing certain postgame events. However, players who haven’t completed these events may still participate in these Tera Raid Battles by joining another Trainer’s Tera Raid Battle, whether they’re in a multiplayer group or using a Link Code.
this is from the official site.

Presumably they're just extremely rare

Anybody have any information on how Pokemon from previous generations get transferred? Like, is it locked behind post game or what?

Could it be intended to work as Triple Kick does? 90% chance to hit every single hit up to 10, but once you miss the attack ends? That still leaves a 34% chance of landing all 10 hits tho.
I believe Triple Kick keeps going even if it misses. Each of the three kicks powers up the damage of the next kick, but only if it lands a hit.

I want to know if Pop Bomb is the type of multihit move that "ends" if you miss, or if it keeps going despite missing.

Nevermind. I misremembered the move! It just ends if you miss any of the kicks.

I don't know about 7 stars but 6 star raids are in the vanilla game and Ability Patches drop from them (first item). Apparently you can even decently beat them alone depending on the AI.

EDIT: I can't confirm for myself but from the same source who linked this in the code cracking server, apparently the patch can change from HA to normal ability, so that might be worth testing out if someone can edit it in.
7 Star raids are explicitly in the main game

this is from the official site.

Presumably they're just extremely rare
Well, that is positive to hear.
I havent found any at all though, albeith we only looked around for a few hours, and admittedly my friend has the habit of wasting far too much time in useless stuff so I didn't get to check that many raids.

May fly around a bit more tomorrow.

However I am a bit skeptical of "easily beating the 6-7 star raids" alone, unless having pokemon at lvl 100 makes the AI able to deal enough damage to... not die for one, as player damage alone doesn't quite feel enough at lvl 80ish.

View attachment 465161

This Hydriegon model looks so fucking scary. They really went out of their way to make these look good.

Are you able to change the form of Deerling (like in gen 5) or is it locked to the form that you caught it in? (gens 6+)

[This will require additional hacking to answer]
Is there any change in the behavior of Vivillon patterns in regards to breeding? If you breed pattern X, will it evolve into pattern X, or will all Spewpa evolved in Paldea become Fancy pattern regardless of origin? (The latter is how it would work using previous gen mechanics, just wondering if anything's changed since the distribution of patterns has also changed)

Confirm or deny a claim that I read without a source: Once you have 999 Gimmighoul Coins in your inventory, you can evolve any number of Gimmighoul in your party and you don't lose the coins from your inventory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)