Pokémon Scizor

Status
Not open for further replies.
That kinda depends on what the actual HP IV is. A difference of 1 or 2 might not mean much.

With that said, I'd say you're better off using it for an offensive set and breeding for another Scizor with perfect HP if you insist on optimizing. Also, I don't recommend full Speed investment for Scizor, considering he sits at a rather low speed tier. Rather, find what threats you might need him to outspeed (certain walls or other slow attackers) and get his speed just above, then dump the rest into HP for a bit more bulk.
thanks for the insite but ive tried breeding and im not very good at it. ill just keep it till i get a better one, but thanks for the advise nevertheless

I have found tht Mega Scizor works wonders as a lead on a volt turn team.

Adamant 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Scizorite
Bullet Punch
Superpower
U-Turn
Roost

Basically it works like a CB Scizor but can swap his moves and survive a bit better.

Just want to interject on the whole "thief vs knock off" thing.

Thief is something I wanted to try on the Bulky-SD set of Mega-Scizor. As the others mentioned, CB Scizor has other things to fill its slots with. Anyway:

Thief:
40+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Thief vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 99-117 (25.6 - 30.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Knock off:
40+ Atk Mega Scizor Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 107-126 (27.7 - 32.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

40+ Atk Mega Scizor Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 72-85 (18.6 - 22%) -- possible 5HKO

Just wanted to make a damage comparison using the max damage for each. Thief has a total of 60.6% while knock off has 54.6%. With this we can see that Thief has a bit more damage output that might make the difference between a knockout and being nailed by another move, but this is only applicable if the opposing 'mon isn't using lefties. I feel this isn't enough to merit thief over knock off, which only has a slight reduction in power while having utility (knock off for 60 bp pls). However it's a valid option if you don't have access to pokebank on X and Y.

Also wanted to ask if someone has tried a set with 20 EVs into speed on the Bulky-SD M. Scizor set with superpower, which out-speeds and 0hkos min-speed Heatran and standard Ferrothorn at +2 even at 4 attack EVs investment.

+2 4+ Atk Mega Scizor Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 320-378 (90.9 - 107.3%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

+2 4+ Atk Mega Scizor Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Heatran: 374-440 (96.8 - 113.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Is it just gimmicky or do you think it's actually usable? Thoughts?

Just want to interject on the whole "thief vs knock off" thing.

Thief is something I wanted to try on the Bulky-SD set of Mega-Scizor. As the others mentioned, CB Scizor has other things to fill its slots with. Anyway:

Thief:
40+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Thief vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 99-117 (25.6 - 30.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Knock off:
40+ Atk Mega Scizor Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 107-126 (27.7 - 32.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

40+ Atk Mega Scizor Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 72-85 (18.6 - 22%) -- possible 5HKO

Just wanted to make a damage comparison using the max damage for each. Thief has a total of 60.6% while knock off has 54.6%. With this we can see that Thief has a bit more damage output that might make the difference between a knockout and being nailed by another move, but this is only applicable if the opposing 'mon isn't using lefties. I feel this isn't enough to merit thief over knock off, which only has a slight reduction in power while having utility (knock off for 60 bp pls). However it's a valid option if you don't have access to pokebank on X and Y.
I Prefer using Knock off over thief, because Knock off always removes the foe's item. Thief is more powerfull if the opponent has no item, but with an object, Thief can't steal the foe's object. I think it is more important removing items that hitting with more base power all turns.

If you're going to make use of a 40 base power dark move, use Pursuit. Far more usable than Thief as not much wants to stay in on Mega Scizor aside from fires, as well as can pick off weakened pokemon or psychics such as Latios, Latias, and Mega Gardevoir that don't want to take Bullet Punch and can't do much back. Overall however, Knock Off is superior in 90% of situations for its sheer utility use of being able to cripple walls, especially Heatran who lacks recovery outside leftovers, as well as weaken wallbreakers and sweepers that rely on a Life Orb to really deal damage.

SM979

dank memes
is a Contributor Alumnus
Bump. I feel like this EV spread I came up with for the Bulky Swords Dance move set could be worth mentioning here.
Here is the EV spread: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 8 Def / 188 SpD. Combine this with an Adamant Nature and you're good to go.
Basically, what this EV spread does, is avoid the OHKO from Modest Mega Gardevoir's Hidden Power Fire. 8 EVs are dumped into Scizor's Defense to make an Adamant Landorus-Therian's Earthquake a 3HKO rather than a chance to 2HKO. Finally, the rest of the EVs are placed into Scizor's Attack so that its attacks will do a little more damage than normal. I would love to get feedback from everybody. Thank you!
Scizor Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal ➡ Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 8 Def / 188 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Hi. What 5 pokemon would you suggest to put together with a Mega Scizor which runs bulky Swords Dance+Roost?
I'm tempted to say rain something but megazard Y is too much of a threat to that happening. You definitely need fire coverage, so something bulky that sets up rocks and can take out zard Y and other strong fire checks. I actually really like the sounds of sand and/or a Scarfchomp with Stone Edge + EQ coverage.

You also need something to counter dat ferrothorn, so a strong fire user would be great. Talonflame can put in some work.

Sorry for the necro but this is suitable for this thread more than any other; with slow u-turns being more and more useful to gain switch initiative, particularly as volt turn mirror matches rise, what is the ideal speed for non mega scizor to aim for? 0 speed brave is probably too much but are there any decent benchmarks under 31? I was thinking neutral nature 3 IV 0 EV (138 spe) as it creeps 0-4 speed azu which generally gives you information on if the set is defensive bulky vs offensive, and aids what you respond with, but I'd like to hear other thoughts about notable match ups. Scizor has improved in ORAS so I'm curious how other users IV/EV.

Sorry for the necro but this is suitable for this thread more than any other; with slow u-turns being more and more useful to gain switch initiative, particularly as volt turn mirror matches rise, what is the ideal speed for non mega scizor to aim for? 0 speed brave is probably too much but are there any decent benchmarks under 31? I was thinking neutral nature 3 IV 0 EV (138 spe) as it creeps 0-4 speed azu which generally gives you information on if the set is defensive bulky vs offensive, and aids what you respond with, but I'd like to hear other thoughts about notable match ups. Scizor has improved in ORAS so I'm curious how other users IV/EV.
Idk why you would want to outslow Azumarill when you could potentially revengekill it after it uses BD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)