Scizor

Personally, I find ferrothorn a great set up fodder. It usually stays in vs scizor so I can get at least 2 SD.

As for excadrill, I usually have 1 SD up so if the opponent switches to him, it's a 2HKO. Thundrus takes a good amount of damage from BP, even though I wouldnt leave scizor against him.

Id say that only jelliscent,zapdos,skarmory and heatran can truely counter scizor.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Don't forget about Rotom-W and Rotom-H. And Suicune. And Vaporeon and unaware quagsire. Bulky waters in general. Etc.

If you;re trying to sweep with him, Scizro runs into a lot of road blocks, but he is still a great cleaner and revenge killer, even with an SD set.

Don't forget about Rotom-W and Rotom-H. And Suicune. And Vaporeon and unaware quagsire. Bulky waters in general. Etc.

If you;re trying to sweep with him, Scizro runs into a lot of road blocks, but he is still a great cleaner and revenge killer, even with an SD set.
After Swords Dance, Scizor ohkoes Vaporeon and 2 hit koes Suicune/Tentacruel/Jellicent (unless Jellicent burns) with Bug Bite. Unaware Quagsire, Wash Rotom, and maybe Jellicent are the only bulky waters that can beat Swords Dance Scizor. I haven't seen many Rotom-H (sadly, he is a cool pokemon).

Also rotom w gets OHKOed be scizor after 1-2 SD depending on the EV investement. But there's still the problem that rotom w can burn scizor.

Also rotom w gets OHKOed be scizor after 1-2 SD depending on the EV investement. But there's still the problem that rotom w can burn scizor.
Yes, a +2 Bug Bite can one shot Rotom-W...if it doesn't use Reflect/Will-O-Wisp...or 1 shot you with Specs/Rain boosted Hydro Pump. Rotom-W seems a pretty good killer of Scizor.

Sorry for the month-dead-thread bump, but I just had to tell people about this set which is hilarious to win with, and actually works. It is:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Modest
Technician
252SpA/252Spe or HP
Ominous Wind (90 BP after Tech)
Silver Wind (120-135 BP after Tech and STAB)
Vacuum Wave (60 BP after Tech)
Flash Cannon (120/135 BP after STAB [forgot whether it's 80BP or 90BP normally])

It does good damage, and if you get a Omi/Silv Wind boost, you can pretty much sweep.. with a SpAttacking Scizor. It works really well on PBR, which isn't saying much considering the lack of skilled players, but it brings me joy to win with a semi-creative set :3

flash fire ghost buster houndoom is a great partner for this guy... scizor draws in fire attacks that houndoom can freely switch into and punch holes in the opponents team. Even though shanderra will trap and kill scizor, it sacrifices itself to pursuit from houndoom. He can also get rid of nattorei if its stupid enough to stay in.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Scizor @ Life Orb
Modest
Technician
252SpA/252Spe or HP
Flash Cannon (120/135 BP after STAB [forgot whether it's 80BP or 90BP normally])
An interesting set to be sure. On average you're doing in the neighborhood of 40% less damage than an Adamant Technician Life Orb set, even without Swords Dance, but it can certainly be used to catch Physical Walls off guard who don't invest in Special Defense.

Still, it's a very noticeable drop in offensive power.

Has nobody ever used Natural Gift with an Occa Berry on Scizor? It turns into a 60 BP physical Fire attack, boosted by Technician

Sorry if this has already been mentioned :L

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Of all the priority attacks in the game, scizor definitely has the most useful one. Why?? All the other priority attacks have at least one pokemon who is immune to them. Mach punch, quick attack and vacuum wave can't hit ghosts, aqua jet can't hit water absorb pokemon, and shadow sneak can't hit normal types. There may be pokemon who resist bullet punch, but at least it can do SOME damage to ANY pokemon in the game. With that being said, nothing can switch into you without taking damage if you spam bullet punch.

Of all the priority attacks in the game, scizor definitely has the most useful one. Why?? All the other priority attacks have at least one pokemon who is immune to them. Mach punch, quick attack and vacuum wave can't hit ghosts, aqua jet can't hit water absorb pokemon, and shadow sneak can't hit normal types. There may be pokemon who resist bullet punch, but at least it can do SOME damage to ANY pokemon in the game. With that being said, nothing can switch into you without taking damage if you spam bullet punch.
>implying that Ice Shard doesn't exist

Sorry for the month-dead-thread bump, but I just had to tell people about this set which is hilarious to win with, and actually works. It is:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Modest
Technician
252SpA/252Spe or HP

It does good damage, and if you get a Omi/Silv Wind boost, you can pretty much sweep.. with a SpAttacking Scizor. It works really well on PBR, which isn't saying much considering the lack of skilled players, but it brings me joy to win with a semi-creative set :3
Real men use Specs with Technician Hidden Power. Rawr, look out Smogon.

On the other hand, Mach punch/Vacuum wave beats Excadrill after some residual damage, Aqua jet beats Volcarona and every other fire pokemon, Ice shard beats almost half a sandstorm team as well as the genies, and Extreme speed + sucker punch all have high BP. No one uses shadow sneak or quick attack, partially because of the lack of good users. When it comes to revenging, super effective coverage beats neutral coverage, not to mention Scizor is better off spamming U-turn, which is definitely superior to Volt Switch because of no immunities.

EDIT: Justice Heart doesn't grant a Dark immunity, only an attack boost.

It's hard to tell whether you're playing along, or are serious.

But nonetheless, it was a joke. Everyone, back in September, thought it gave a Dark immunity :3
DERP. I didn't look at the date and just assumed that it was the date Kerudio will be released. lol

I've swept an entire team with CB Mamoswine Ice shard.
Seventy percent of the team Resisted.
A fellow Mamoswine user! *brofist*

Yeah the Steel-typing isn't too bad letting you take care of Tyranitar and Terakion but still does good damage to resists like Excadrill, Lucario, Infernape, Blaziken and the like.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
>implying that Ice Shard doesn't exist
I forgot about ice shard. As far as extremespeed is concerned, it's in the same boat as quick attack, except there aren't really any pokemon who can truly abuse it as a STAB move (except togekiss and arceus, but togekiss has HORRIBLE attack and arceus is uber, so nothing in OU can use this to it's full potential). Oh, and sucker punch isn't a priority attack. A priority attack is a move that ALWAYS hits first, regardless of what the opponent does (not factoring in abilities here *mischievous heart*). Sucker punch fails if you use a not attacking move.

I forgot about ice shard. As far as extremespeed is concerned, it's in the same boat as quick attack, except there aren't really any pokemon who can truly abuse it as a STAB move (except togekiss and arceus, but togekiss has HORRIBLE attack and arceus is uber, so nothing in OU can use this to it's full potential). Oh, and sucker punch isn't a priority attack. A priority attack is a move that ALWAYS hits first, regardless of what the opponent does (not factoring in abilities here *mischievous heart*). Sucker punch fails if you use a not attacking move.
look, right out of bulbapedia

You missed the last sentence, it seems.
Sucker punch fails if you use a not attacking move.
Granted, that was an odd description ; Sucker Punch technically is a priority move, just with an unusual condition attached which hampers its reliability.

Who doesn't run the usual 248 HP / 252 Atk spread for CB Scizor? Personally I feel that without reliable recovery you'd have to use the Ubers Scizor with some Atk EVs diverted to Special Defence so it can tank Dragon-type attacks a helluva lot better...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)