Second RTM - Entering The VGC

This is a Team I have Ready for the VGC, The Video Games Championships being held by Nintendo. So far I've got a basis on what competetive battling but am Still new to it since I just figured it out/learned about it the otherday. But I'm cramming as much in my head as possible to be ready for the VGC. But enough about me, let's get on with what you came here to do.

Gengar@Expert Belt
Levitate
Hasty Nature
EVs:4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Punch
-Perish Song
-Substitute

Gar's My First in Line due to immunity to Normal and Fighting, and Immune to Earthquake and Explosion done by Metagross. I feel this is a good thing for Gar to know Perish Song, So as soon as my Foe sends out his remaining 2 all I have to do PS and it's be pretty hard for the opponent to knock three Poke's in three turns when one is immune to Normal and Fighting.
But in the case of a Dark-Type Poke that's What Sub Punching's for.

Metagross@Choice Band
Clear Body
Adamant Nature
EVs:252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe
-Explosion
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash/Stealth Rock
-Bullet Punch/Thunder Punch

Well, he's primarily used for Knocking out the opponents first two if not Ghost or Ground (Due to immunity and not neutral effectiveness). But I figured that I'd start off the game by SR (Stealth Rocking) The Opponent's side if they aren't any potential Fake out users, than I'd Bullet Punch by judging The Potential Fake out Users Speed by Species (hopefully lol). BP (Bullet Punch) Would also help me with any Endure/Leftovers/Focus Sash users as well. But I just know for fact that someone is gonna come along with that Skarmory and If I don't have that thunderbolt I'm gonna have a hard Time and possibly lose some members on the way of beating that Metallic Bird. Lastly Go out with a Big Bang leaving the opponent hopefully with just 2 Pokes left for me to Perish Song with Gar.

AbomaSnow@SHell Bell
Snow Warning
Timid Nature
EVs:6 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Substitute
-Blizzard
-Focus Punch
-Wood Hammer

Snorlax is already using leftovers so I though Snow would benefit with SB (ShellBell), but then again that's why I'm Posting lol But Snow would come in Metagross's Place to take care of those F.E.A.R. users Rattata and Kanghaskan alike due to it's Snow Warning. Plus I Figured there would be a lot of Sunny Day/Sandstorm/Hail/Rain Dance Team would have their setup first turn so that it would have a Different approach on them and make their powered up moves/plans less powered than normal. Again I took off Leech Seed because I figured that Wood Hammer would benefit more.

Glaceon@?
Snow Cloak
Modest Nature
EVs:208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
-Fake Tears
-Blizzard
-Wish
-HP Fighting/Hail

Love this set, Mainly because Glace will Lower her Foe's Stat two Levels with Fake Tears leaving the team with more of a chance to survive. Glace would go in for Gar if Gar couldn't make it for the first couple of rounds to help Metagross take out the Foe's by FTing (Fake Tears) the Most Threatening Poke. And If needed Wish for some HP on Gar if Gar managed to get out alive with very few HP. BLizzard would be her main way of Sweeping. But depending on the reasons I may not Keep HP Fighting...Also I don't know what item to put on her

Mamoswine@Life Orb
Snowcloak
Naughty Nature
EVs:252 Atk / 20 SpA / 236 Spe
-Earthquake/Earth Power
-Ice Shard
-Stone Edge
-Blizzard

Those Pesky Electric-Type will be grounded out by Manny. But I am having Trouble deciding EQ or EP. Because that extra 10/20% of Damage could help but could also help the foe possibly knocking out Lax or Glace. But Manny's main Reason would be taking out those annoying Grass-Type (That Love Ingraining, Leech Seeding, possibly Poisoning and Sunny Beaming with STAB), Steel-Type (Specially Walls), and of course Those Flying-Type Pokemon (Legendary Birds). And we all know that Ice Shard is for that quick Kill on those Focus Sash/Leftovers/Endure Users too. Also used for Certain Dragons like Salamence, Flygon, Garchomp and Big Walls Like Rypherior...etc

Snorlax@Leftovers
Careful Nature
Thick Fat
EVs:168 HP / 120 Def / 220 SpD
-Curse
-Body Slam
-Rest
-Earthquake/Crunch

This is Lax. Lax is my last resort for my team to win. I thought it would be dumb for Lax to know Self Destruct since it would be the last Poke and would suicide costing me the match. (Because on the VGC Website and what a lot of people missed is the user of Destiny Bond, Explosion will not advance if both Teams Draw which I think is Dumb). So I Took Rest into account along with Curselax to do his thing and once maxed out and ready on Full Health to Wreck Shop. But the only downfall would be a Ghost immune to Earthquake (Gengar...etc) come along and just Blast Lax into Oblivion...

I think overall it could be considered somewhat of an Hail Team or at Least half of one. But I know the Team would get owned against a Ghost Team, and seems to be missing something so I need lots of advice against this happening and suggestions to prevent this. So Feel free to criticize and help me out. Much appreciated.

Give Gengar Impish Nature ( -ATK/+ SPD )
Give Mamoswine Adamant Nature ( +ATK/ -SP ATK )

Your current natures for those two are hindering them in things they need.

Erm, Glory, Gengar doe not need the defense (Impish is +def, -atk btw), and needs the attack power for focus punch, whilst mamo needs the power for blizzard.

Anyways, team looks good, but I will give my input tomorrow afternoon.

Alright, Thanks for the comments but Like the Previous Post I think The Natures are good as it is considering Gengar needs that ATK for FP especially since it gets no STAB.

Ah, I was looking for this thread! Sorry for not responding earlier.

Anyways, I didn't think the team was too bad, but I am not to familiar with the VGC environment.

It seems you are trying to stick with Item Clause here, so consider Wise-glasses or Nevermeltice on Glaceon. Wise Glasses boosts the power of both moves by a tiny bit, but I personally like Nevermeltice more as you will be dealing quite a bit of damage with boosted Blizzards.

I would actually put Shuca Berry or something on Metagross; surviving Earthquakes in Doubles is very useful, and you have enough attack, as well as Meteor Mash for potential boosts, to fare fine without Choice Band. This also means you can Stealth Rock without having to Switch out, with this team may find beneficial, as you can just explode giving Abomasnow a free-switch in. Also, Thunderpunch, even on CB, is only ever going to be useful for Gyarados and the occasional Suicune. Your best bet is Bullet Punch to pick off some frailer Trick Room pokemon.

I wish I could figure some way out to fit Destiny Bond on Gengar. but Perish Song is still very useful.

I wish I had more doubles experience, but otherwise, this team looks rather fine to me. The only thing you may find probablamatic are Trick Room teams; Does Metagross learn Taunt, perchance? If so, I would teach him that so you can fare better against TR teams.

You put a question mark next to Glaceons item, so here is my advice:

After hail is in effect, Scarf-Glaceon RAPES. 120 Blizzard plus stab bonus=OHK on nearly anything. Glaceon has insane SpA to boot. I've OHKd frickin Skarmory with Glaceon before.

imo sr isn't needed in doubles so you can remove it. I see a bit of a fighting weakness and you can't really beneft from gengar being immune to fighting. You can give 'gross shuca, mamo cb, and glaceon lo or possibly give mamo scarf but I don't think it will have too much use in doubles. GL

Alright, then I'll give Glace the Never-melt Ice and The Berry to Meta. but besides that I don't know what to take off for Meta for Thunderpunch Unless I Teach Gar Thunderbolt...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)