Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Stored Power
- Giga Drain

A core I've been experimenting with this gen a lot for AG, I wanted to build around these mons.

:Polteageist: :Magearna:

Now full pass is unviable this generation, (It is a free win button below 1600) but having shell smash focus sash polteageist and white herb mage are a good win condition, despite the high competition for wincons in the tier of anything goes. The gameplan is to simply get off a shell smash on geist, which is guaranteed with sash, and pass to mage to remove the defense drops and sweep through the opposition with stored power and soul heart. If mage's sweep is prevented, it can pass it's stats to another mon to continue the sweep.

:Polteageist: :Magearna: :Ditto:

Ditto is the next member of the squad, as it can beat opposing stat passing strategies, shift momentum to our team and generally matches up well vs threats. A universal mon, I use it on nearly every team. Impostor is infinitely valuable in a meta with such a high power level like AG.

:Polteageist: :Magearna: :Ditto: :Calyrex-Shadow:

Another AG staple mon, Tera Normal caly-s defines the tier and is necessary to have the full potential of the tier. Necessary on every team, calyrex also can keep the sweep going with stored power, baton pass and draining kiss, and is guaranteed to get a kill with sash.

:Polteageist: :Magearna: :Ditto: :Calyrex-Shadow: :Miraidon:

Another crucial offensive threat, miraidon holds eleseed to boost defense and runs a defensive parabolic charge substitute moveset which can carry on the sweep. It doesn't get baton pass, and doesn't really need it, since it's simply a wincon that only needs the boosts, and doesn't need to pass them.

:Polteageist: :Magearna: :Ditto: :Calyrex-Shadow: :Miraidon: :Gothitelle:

Gothitelle functions similarly to ditto, threat removal. This is a sash variant with dark pulse to hit caly-s.

Pokepaste:

Copy of take one pass it on (pokepast.es)

In-depth:

heart shaped box (Magearna) @ White Herb
Ability: Soul-Heart
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 128 HP / 208 SpA / 4 SpD / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shift Gear
- Stored Power
- Baton Pass
- Draining Kiss
Speed evs allow +2 mage to outspeed chien pao while having good spatk and ok bulk. Mage is a wincon that pairs with polteageist to maximise potential. Shift gear can be replaced with coverage, since polteageist is setting it up. Shift gear is for speed and buffing stored power, but we can make other moves work.

Polteageist @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Tera Type: Ghost
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Stored Power
- Giga Drain

This set is primarily designed to pass to mage, which will use the white herb to remove the defense nerfs. Sash lets it get the pass off, and the max speed allows it to pass on anything without scarf. Stored power almost never comes in play, it just is to beat taunters kinda. If you get taunted, switch it out.

Calyrex-Shadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
Tera Type: Normal
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Draining Kiss
- Astral Barrage
- Baton Pass
An atypical variant of the meta caly, this set is designed to get a pass from mage, and nothing else. It can keep the chain going with bpass, nukes with stored power and astral barrage, and has coverage with draining kiss. Tera normal stops other calys in their tracks.

Miraidon @ Electric Seed
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Water
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Parabolic Charge

This set is a defensive double dance set which usually needs a magepass to be effective. Still saves games, and works without the pass.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform

The EV's are standard, and we don't need to modify the ivs too much since hidden power is no longer existent. Impostor ditto serves as threat removal and general utility, and is no exception for this team.

Gothitelle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shadow Tag
Tera Type: Psychic
Modest Nature
- Calm mind
- Psyshock
- Dark Pulse
- Energy Ball

This trapper set removes calyrex shadow, and beats other threats with calm mind and a war of attrition. The coverage hits groudon and Kyogre, and provides extra utility for the team.

Baloor

phase, twilight, eyes of wisdom
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
Hi Vladimir Capuchin, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!
To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.
Why did you choose this Pokemon? What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it? What are all 4 moves for?

Additionally, I'm locking your RMT for the time being since you're only allowed to post one team every two weeks. This is stated in the forum rules and this rule is here to unsure we don't receive too many RMT from the same person so that raters can help everyone. I'll reopen this thread in 13 days upon request along with your updated descriptions (as your last RMT was 1 day ago). Have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)