Other Seven Deadly Sins - DUSKFALL WINS!

Welcome to the Seven Deadly Sins.

This is a modified Genius game for 13 players. Every round, players participate in a Main Match. A typical Main Match grants top performing players additional votes and Token of Lifes (which make them ineligible to be selected as an Elimination Candidate), and produces one loser who loses their vote becomes a Elimination Candidate. The EC chooses another EC, and the remaining players vote on one of the ECs to be eliminated from the game. This continues until there are 3 players left, at which time a final challenge that involves eliminated players will decide a winner.

There are no twists.

This game is organized primarily through discord, so please contact me to get access to the server as a spectator.

The winner of Seven Deadly Sins wins $100 to be donated to a charity of their choice in their name.

don't be a dick
remember that this is something we're doing as a group to have fun
don't screenshot private messages
don't get help for this game from people outside the game, i take this rule very seriously!

Players:
zorbees
LightWolf: Eliminated in 11th place
Josh
vooper: Eliminated in 8th place
RedsToad: Eliminated in 7th place
ajhockeystar: Eliminated in 9th place
Drookez: Eliminated in 13th place
Drey1991
Hannahh: Eliminated in 12th place
Isa
OM room: Eliminated in 10th place
Conrad
Duskfall98

Challenge Summary:
I hate abiding by rules and precedents to the letter. More than anything else, this rebellious nature has defined the games I've hosted on Smogon. I like breaking formats and conventions: Bigvivor, stupid survivor, and descension (coming up -- you should join!). And, of course, my personal favorite has to be 7 Deadly Sins.

7DS is a genius game/survivor mashup. There are no tribes (which limits heavily the cast size). All players participate in a challenge, which are designed to be very social and heavily strategic. Winners gain Tokens of Life (individual immunity) and extra votes. The loser loses their vote, and must choose one other person. While Genius Games would have the two elimination candidates square off in a "Death Match", 7DS asks people to vote instead.

The setup is simple, clean, and easy to explain. I'm very happy that my good friend Tommy won this game. He was part of a majority alliance at the start. While the alliance was a majority of people, they performed poorly in challenges, which lead to them being a minority in votes. Tommy survived the culling, and went on to forge strong individual alliances that allowed him to reach the end of the game, where he won the support of most jurors due to his playstyle. I've always wished that more hosts would take on the format: thankfully, Whydon did in 7DS2, which I was fortunate enough to be able to play in.

More than five years ago, we started the series that would be known first as Circus Survivor, and eventually Smorgon. For your next idol clue, go to the end of the beginning.

Last edited:
FINAL 13 CHALLENGE
Escape from Purgatory

Welcome to your first challenge in Seven Deadly Sins.

In this game, you will be trying to escape from Hell with the help of your fellow players. 12 will successfully escape, but one will not and will be immediately eliminated from game. There is no voting stage for this challenge.

The challenge consists of 4 rounds. In each round, every player privately submits an ordered list of three unique player names (that are still in Hell) and any actions used. The player casts 1 vote, 2 votes, and 3 votes respectively for the players in his list. At the conclusion of each round, the players with the three highest number of votes successfully escape from purgatory and advance to the Final 12. As three people escape in each of the four rounds, 12 players will escape and gain immunity, while the last will be eliminated from the game.

Once players have escaped, they may no longer use any actions, and can only cast a single vote worth 1 for a player in Hell each round.

The following actions may be purchased by players during round 1 only. Each player starts with 3 coins. Coins and actions are not transferable, and each action may only be bought once by each player.
1 coin: one time Decoy, targets player X (actions targeted at you are instead redirected to X). If X has used a decoy as well this round, then your action is expended and fails. This action is not usable in round 4.
1 coin: one time Roleblock, targets player X (items used by X have no effect this round but are used up anyway). Roleblocking a self vote negation causes that player to cast 3 votes to the roleblocker and no other players. Roleblocks are not themselves roleblockable. This ability is not usable in round 4.
1 coin: one time Temporary Mayor Vote, targets self (+1 to all votes you cast this turn)
2 coins: one time Top Target Negator, targets X (the last name on a X's list receives 0 votes instead of 3)
2 coins: one time Middle Target Redirect, targets X,Y (the second name on a X's list is changed to Y. You may not name yourself or player X as Y)
2 coins: Full mayor, targets self (+2/+1/+1 to all votes permanently)
3 coins: one time Vote Redirector, targets X, A, B, C (this turn only, X's list is replaced with A,B,C in that order. You may not name X or yourself in A,B,C unless it is round 4, in which case you can name yourself in X's new list.)
3 coins: one time Self Vote Negation, targets self (you do not cast any votes this turn)
You may not vote for yourself. In the event that a player does not vote for a cycle while in hell, the player casts -6 persistent self votes or is subbed, with the latter being much more likely. At the end of each round, I will only reveal which players escaped and the number of votes that the escaped players accumulated. I will not reveal individual votes or actions. However, if there is a tie, I will reveal the specific players that tied and explain the method I used to tiebreak.

In the event of a tie, the votes from heaven are removed and the votes for the tied players ONLY are reevaluated.
In the event of a further tie, we look at how many people voted for each player from hell. The player with the most people voting for them wins.
In the event of a further tie, we look at how many votes the people voting for the player have accumulated this round in total. The player whose voters have the least votes themselves wins.
In the event of a further tie i flip a coin, fuck you.
Deadline to submit item buys and round 1 actions is in 35 hours from this post. Subsequent deadlines will be only 12 hours long. Deadline will be processed early if all actions are in.

Still stuck in a bad place:
Zorbees
Drookez
Josh
Reds

Escaped:
Viper
AJ
Drey
Lightwolf
Conrad
Hannah
Om
Isa
Dusk

Last edited:
Drookez, you have been eliminated from the Seven Deadly Sins. Thank you for playing, it was a pleasure hosting you.

Reds - 9
Zorb - 9
Josh - 6
Drookez - 6 (lost on tiebreak 3-4)

FINAL 12 CHALLENGE
Greed, Pt. 1

Each of you have been endowed with 15 tokens each. The names of the currency you have been privately endowed with were chosen:
Om - Aarods (AAR)
Dusk - Twentys (TWE)
Lightwolf - Apexis Crystals (AXC)
Zorbees - TipToes (TPT)
AJ - Memes (MEME)
Isa - Isa (ISA)
Josh - 3 votes Reds, 2 Zorbees, 1 Drookez (RZD)
Conrad - Coinrad (CRD)
Viper - Voops (VOOP)
Hannah - Sparkles (SPK)
Reds - Geo (GEO)
Drey - Franc (FRF)

In this game, you will be trading your tokens with each other to accumulate the most wealth possible. Your tokens are worth an unknown amount, based on how many tokens you have, and how many people have a copy of your token.

If one type of token is held by only 3 or fewer people, then each token is worth -10.

If 4-10 people hold a type of token, then each token is worth ((0.6)^(k-1))*m^2, where k=number of tokens you possess and m=number of people who hold nonzero amounts of this type of token (including yourself).

If more than 10 people hold a type of token, then each token is worth -25.

If you have the most of a token type (ties included), then your score for that token is equal to the negative of the absolute value of your score for that token (this occurs first). In addition, you can only score points for the top 5 most valuable token types in your inventory. Less valuable tokens turn negative in points.

This challenge will last 48 hours. At the 16 hour and the 32 hour mark, you will receive privately the evaluation of your current inventory. You will not be able to see anyone else's.

In addition, each player have one copy of five skills:
1. Steal a single token of a single type from a player (one-shot) (expires 20 hours before deadline)
2. Steal a single token of a single type from a player (one-shot) (expires 40 hours before deadline)
3. Gift a single token of a single type to a player from your own inventory (one-shot) (expires 1 hour before deadline)
4. 2 persistent single rogues (single rogues are a pair X, Y, where X is a player and Y is a token type. The rogue prevents player X from stealing token Y from your inventory. You are informed if this rogue is activated) (targets player, token type)
5. Single token destruction (one-shot) (can be used up to and AT deadline)

You may trade tokens at any time with any player by making a NEW GROUP CHAT with who you are trading with and with me. The exchange must be clearly stated, no messages must be edited, and both parties must express consent in the group chat. I will leave the group chat after the exchange goes through, although you should stay in until I do so so that you know that the exchange went through. If you make multiple exchanges with the same person, make multiple new group chats. I will be available to update your inventory upon request and after the completion of a successful trade. Trades need not be one to one, and gifting through this manner is possible with permission.

Prize list:
1. TOLx2, 2 votes
2. TOL, 2 votes
3. TOL, 1 votes
4. TOL, 1 vote
5-11: 1 vote
12: elimination candidate (0 votes), chooses other elimination candidate

Last edited:
By popular demand, I have created a tiebreak mechanism even though there will never be a tie in this game.

1. The person who holds the most token types wins
2. The person who holds the most tokens wins
3. The person who holds the least of their own tokens wins
4. fuck you i flip a coin

Welcome to your first Tribal Council. Here's how the process works.

First, excess Token of Lives must be distributed and the second elimination candidate must be selected. I highly prefer for this process to take like 10 minutes after the conclusion of the challenge so we can get going, but the hard deadlines are 12 hours for TOL distribution followed by 12 hours for the selection of the second elimination candidate. Please do not take 12 hours.

After the selection of the two elimination candidates, the rest of the game will have 24 hours (can be longer or slightly shorter to end on 5pm CST) to vote on the two elimination candidates. If you have multiple votes, you must cast them all for the same person. You may not abstain in this vote! Not all votes being cast will result in the voting deadline being extended until this is done so, and I'll make up a punishment for you in the next main match for being late.

The elimination candidate who has the most votes is eliminated immediately.

In the event of a tie, the player who had the lowest placement in the last main match has their vote removed, and a REVOTE occurs immediately. You may cast a different vote from what you had before if you wish.

edit jan 10: In the event of a tie, if the player who had the lowest placement in the last main match is an elimination candidate, then they keep their vote and the player with the next lowest placement has their vote removed.

edit jan 11: You will learn how many votes were cast for each candidate, but not who casted them. Votes are revealed one at a time, survivor style: unrevealed votes always belong to the majority (all votes that were not for the player going home are revealed).

Last edited:
Results for challenge 12:
1st: Om room: TOL x2 (one given to duskfall), two votes
2nd: isa: TOL, two votes
3rd: conrad: TOL, one vote
4th: aj: TOL, one vote
5th: josh: one vote
6th: drey: one vote
7th: lightwolf: one vote
8th: dusk: one vote
9th: reds: one vote
10th: zorbees: one vote, chosen for elimination by hannah
11th: vooper: one vote
12th: hannah, no votes, chose zorbees for elimination

Deadline to submit votes is 5pm CST as usual.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?month=01&day=11&hour=17&p0=64&font=cursive

FINAL 11 CHALLENGE
Gluttony

In this game, you are a hot dog vendor trying to sell as many hot dogs as you can.

There are three beaches. Beach A is the largest and has size 15. Beach B has size 11, and Beach C has size 6. Each beach is numbered from 1 to its size (i.e. Beach A is numbered 1-15). Each number represents a consumer. If there is at least one hot dog stand on a consumer’s beach, the consumer will buy their hot dogs from the CLOSEST hot dog stand on that beach. If there are two hot dog stands equidistant from the consumer, then the consumer purchases from the hot dog stand on his left (the lower number).

There are four days, with the first day lasting 24 hours and subsequent days lasting 12 hours each. On the first day, each consumer will purchase 1 hot dog if there is a stand available on their beach. On the second day, they will purchase 2. On the third day, they will purchase 3. And on the final day, they will purchase 5 hot dogs.

Your most important action in this game is to decide when and where to put your hot dog stand. You may place your stand on any day you wish, although obviously if you don't place your stand it is impossible to sell any hot dogs.

You may choose to place your hot dog stand publicly or privately.
-Placing publicly results in the location of your stand being announced every round, but your stand may not be removed from the game once it is placed.
-If you elect to operate privately, then the location of your stand is NOT announced, though you still show up on the scoreboard. However, if at any time after your placement (NOT including the turn you placed your private stand), your stand overlaps with someone else’s (public or private), then your stand is removed from the game forever and you will not earn clientele for that day or for any future days. If a private stand is displaced on the turn that it is placed, then you will get the stand back and you'll be able to place on a future turn.

In addition, if you elect to operate privately, you get one additional customer per day that you are open.

If two hot dog stands are placed publicly on the same day in the same location, then neither stand is placed and the players can still place their stand on a future day.

In addition, after you have placed your hot dog stand for a day, you may elect to try to move it one space to the left or to the right. A privately operated hot dog stand may be displaced as the result of this move, whereas a publicly placed hot dog stand being in the way would stop the move. If a public hot dog stand tries to move into a space where a new public hot dog stand tries to set up (or where another public stand tries to move), then neither the mover nor the placer succeeds, and the space remains open. If the move is successful, then the new position is used for the calculation for profits on that day.

1547248129273.png

Suppose there are no private stands operating in this example on day 1. Om would sell 6 hot dogs (with customer #6 on beach A tiebreaking to the left). Isa would sell 3, and Conrad would sell 6. As the only stand open on beach B, Aj gets everyone's business on beach B and sell 11 hot dogs. If there was a private stand on B8, then AJ would sell 7 hot dogs only and the owner of the private stand would sell 5 (one additional for operating a private stand).

All actions are submitted privately to me. The only public info available is (public) stand placement and the total number of hot dogs sold by each player, updated at the end of each turn.

You may choose to impose a limit on your hot dog sales each day. If you set a limit of 4 dogs sold and you end up selling 6, then you will only sell 4 and this will be what is reflected publicly.

Players are ranked by the number of hot dogs they have sold in total at the end of day 4. If there is a tie in the number of hot dogs sold, then the tie will be resolved as follows:
If the players are on different beaches, then the player on beach A will defeat the player on beach B will defeat the player on beach C.
If the players are on the same beach, then the player closer to the center will win.
If the players are equidistant from the center and on the same beach, then the player to the right (higher number) will win.
If neither player placed their stand then I'll tiebreak with the above method using their last attempted placement, followed by second last, etc.
FYIFAP
Prizes:
1st: 2 TOLs, 3 votes
2nd: 2 TOLs, 2 votes
3rd: 1 TOL, 2 vote
4th: 1 TOL, 1 vote
5-8: 1 vote
9-10: 1 vote, cannot be given TOL
11 : elimination candidate (no vote)

Last edited:
Round 1 Results
1547327393323.png

Meditation Dogs (Operated by Om Room): 4 dogs sold
Hot dogs so good you'll go ommm... nomnomnom
Dennis Hotdogs (Operated by Isa): 3 dogs sold
Dennis Hotdogs said:
Hotrad's Condogs (Operated by Conrad): 4 dogs sold
Weenie Hut Jr's (Operated by AJ): 4 dogs sold
Weenie Hut Jr's said:
Weenies alowed
All Dressed Steamés (Operated by Drey): 4 dogs sold
All Dressed Steamés said:
If you hate Hal like I do, come eat a delicous steamé, it will help you let off the steam!
Sausages in Brad (Operated by Dusk): 5 dogs sold
Sausages in Brad said:
If you like sausages in bread you'll love these!
Homemade Communism (Operated by Reds): 3 dogs sold
Homemade Communism said:
From Russia with love
Voops Hoot Doogs (Operated by Viper): 3 dogs sold
Voops Hoot Doogs said:
Where we put the oop in goop, currently with a buy one get one free sale.
(Operated by Zorbees): 4 dogs sold

Josh and Lightwolf sold 0 dogs this round.

Last edited:
Round 2 Results
1547377731144.png

Meditation Dogs (Operated by Om Room): 8 dogs sold
Dennis Hotdogs (Operated by Isa): 9 dogs sold
Dennis Hotdogs said:
Hotrad's Condogs (Operated by Conrad): 14 dogs sold
Weenie Hut Jr's (Operated by AJ): 10 dogs sold
Weenie Hut Jr's said:
Weenies alowed
All Dressed Steamés (Operated by Drey): 12 dogs sold
If you hate Hal like I do, come eat a delicous steamé, it will help you let off the steam!
Sausages in Brad (Operated by Dusk): 15 dogs sold
Sausages in Brad said:
Homemade Communism (Operated by Reds): 9 dogs sold
Homemade Communism said:
From Russia with love
Voops Hoot Doogs (Operated by Viper): 9 dogs sold
Voops Hoot Doogs said:
(Operated by Zorbees): 6 dogs sold
Josh's Hot Dog Stand (Operated by Josh): 6 dogs sold
Let The Dogs Out (Operated by Lightwolf): 8 dogs sold

Round 3
1547420153682.png

Meditation Dogs (Operated by Om Room): 14 dogs sold
Dennis Hotdogs (Operated by Isa): 18 dogs sold
Dennis Hotdogs said:
Hotrad's Condogs (Operated by Conrad): 29 dogs sold
Get your Rad Dog topped with Hot Cons here!
Weenie Hut Jr's said:
Weenies alowed
All Dressed Steamés (Operated by Drey): 24 dogs sold
Sausages in Brad (Operated by Dusk): 30 dogs sold
Sausages in Brad said:
Homemade Communism (Operated by Reds): 18 dogs sold
Homemade Communism said:
From Russia with love
Voops Hoot Doogs (Operated by Viper): 18 dogs sold
Voops Hoot Doogs said:
(Operated by Zorbees): 12 dogs sold
endorsed by costanza and kramer
Hot Dog's Pancake Stand (Operated by Josh): 18 dogs sold
Pancake's Hot Dogs said:
2 twe 1 isa 8 rzd 1 crd 2 voop 2 spk 2 geo
Let The Dogs Out (Operated by Lightwolf): 20 dogs sold

Last edited:
Round 4
1547473416600.png

Meditation Dogs (Operated by Om Room): 24 dogs sold
Dennis Hotdogs (Operated by Isa): 38 dogs sold
Dennis Hotdogs said:
Hotrad's Condogs (Operated by Conrad): 54 dogs sold
Get your Rad Dog topped with Hot Cons here!
Weenie Hut Jr's said:
Weenies alowed
All Dressed Steamés (Operated by Drey): 44 dogs sold
Sausages in Brad (Operated by Dusk): 55 dogs sold
Sausages in Brad said:
Homemade Communism (Operated by Reds): 28 dogs sold
Homemade Communism said:
From Russia with love
Voops Hoot Doogs (Operated by Viper): 33 dogs sold
Voops Hoot Doogs said:
(Operated by Zorbees): 37 dogs sold
endorsed by costanza and kramer
Hot Dog's Pancake Stand (Operated by Josh): 38 dogs sold
Pancake's Hot Dogs said:
2 twe 1 isa 8 rzd 1 crd 2 voop 2 spk 2 geo
Let The Dogs Out (Operated by Lightwolf): 20 dogs sold

Last edited:
1st: 2 TOLs, 3 votes
2nd: 2 TOLs, 2 votes
3rd: 1 TOL, 2 vote
4th: 1 TOL, 1 vote
5-8: 1 vote
9-10: 1 vote, cannot be given TOL
11 : elimination candidate (no vote)

1st: Dusk
2nd: Conrad
3rd: Drey
4th: Josh (wins tiebreak)
5th: Isa
6th: Zorbees
7th: Viper
8th: reds
9th: om
10th: Lightwolf
11th: AJ

FINAL 10 CHALLENGE
War Against Sin

13 peasants have wandered into a dungeon. The dungeon consists of 9 rooms modeled after the Seven Deadly Sins, each with enemies that must be defeated. The peasants are physically weak and poorly educated. You must choose individual peasants to train. After being trained and having their stats adjusted by the players, the peasants will fight against the enemies in a stripped down DnD simulation. Players gain points by predicting correctly the order that the peasants will die in.

This game will take three phases:
1st phase: Ends Wed 5pm CST, choosing a champion
2nd phase: Ends Friday 5pm CST, submitting buffs/nerfs and prediction lists
3rd phase: Starts Friday 9pm CST, Ullar will run the simulation on roll20 for us to watch!

There are three distinct mechanics in this challenge: Buffing, Combat, and Scoring. I'll explain them one by one.

Last edited:
Buffing:

Each of you have been given 5 tokens. 4 of these are buff tokens, 1 of them is a nerf token.

There are 13 peasants who are traversing this dungeon. These are the stat sheets for each of the peasants.
Ullar said:
THE PEASANTS:

Cartman the Wainwright

Strength: +1; Agility: -1; Stamina: +0; Luck: +0

AC: 9; HP: 9; Weapon: Club (3)

Init: -1; Ref: -1; Fort: +0; Will: +0

Lucky Bonus: Spell damage (+1)

Kanyegef the Grave digger

Strength: +1; Agility: +1; Stamina: -1 Luck: -1

AC: 11; HP: 8; Weapon: Shovel (3)

Init: +1; Ref: 1; Fort: -1; Will: -1

Lucky Bonus: Weapon Damage (-1)

Special: Hey look! Credula’s twin! The real reason for Kanyegef’s unluck is that he made some dark pacts with a demon lord that didn't go too well. He picked up some tricks along the way, though, which allows him to cast the following spells twice per combat if they're assigned to him: Enlarge, Flaming Hands, Magic Missile.

Harrim the Dwarven stonemason

Strength: -1; Agility: +1; Stamina: +0; Luck: -2

AC: 11; HP: 6; Weapon: Hammer (1)

Init: +1; Ref: +1; Fort: +0; Will: -4

Lucky Bonus: Will (-2)

Orphan Charlie

Strength: -1; Agility: +1; Stamina: 0; Luck: +1

AC: 11; HP: 8; Weapon: Club (1)

Init: +1; Ref: +1; Fort: +0; Will: +1

Lucky Bonus: Spell damage (+1)

Handy the Halfling glovemaker

Strength: 0; Agility: 0; Stamina: 0; Luck: 0

AC: 10; HP: 7; Weapon: Awl (2)

Init: +0; Ref: +0; Fort: +0; Will: +0

Lucky Bonus: Armor Class

Special: Handy is totally unremarkable and average in every way. As such, he can only have one token applied to him, both buff and debuff, in each stat modifier. Spells are applied to him normally.

Agatha the Armorer

Strength: 0; Agility: 0; Stamina: -1; Luck: 0

AC: 12; HP: 5; Weapon: Hammer (2)

Init: +0; Ref: +0; Fort: -1; Will: +0

Lucky Bonus: Initiative

Special: Agatha actually has halfway decent armor. This increases her AC by 2.

Beecher the Cheesemaker

Strength: -1; Agility: +0; Stamina: -1; Luck: 0

AC: 10; HP: 7; Weapon: Cudgel (1)

Init: +0; Ref: +0; Fort: -1; Will: +0

Lucky Bonus: Reflex

Trapper Tony

Strength: +0; Agility: +0; Stamina: +0; Luck: +0

AC: 10; HP: 7; Weapon: Sling (2)

Lucky Bonus: Fortitude

Sailor Ted the Halfling

Strength: +0; Agility: +0; Stamina: +1; Luck: +0

AC: 10; HP: 10; Weapon: Knife (2)

Init: +0; Ref: +0; Fort: +2; Will: +0

Lucky Bonus: Fortitude

Molly Stanleydottir

Strength: +0; Agility: +0; Stamina: +1; Luck: +1

AC: 10; HP: 8; Weapon: Club (4)

Init: +0; Ref: +0; Fort: +1; Will: +1

Lucky Bonus: Birdsong (Weapon Damage) (+1)

Special: As the scion of the man who died an ignominious death, Molly goes in with a vengeance to conquer the dungeon that killed her father. If she is alive when at least 6 of the commoners are dead, she fights all the harder, doubling her damage for the rest of the dungeon.

Long John the Woodcutter

Strength: +1; Agility: +0; Stamina: +0; Luck: +0

AC: 10; HP: 6; Weapon: Handaxe (4)

Lucky Bonus: Weapon Damage

Father Sam

Strength: +1; Agility: -1; Stamina: +0; Luck: -1

AC: 9; HP: 9; Weapon: Staff (3)

Init: -1; Ref: -1; Fort: -1; Will: -1

Lucky Bonus: Fortitude (-1)

Special: If Father Sam is given one of the following spells to cast, she casts it twice due to her connection with the Holy Order: Blessing, Darkness, Protection From Evil.

Mini-Tor the Jester

Strength: +0; Agility: -1; Stamina: +0; Luck: +0

AC: 9; HP: 6; Weapon: Funny Stick (2)

Init: -1; Ref: -1; Fort: +0; Will: -1

Lucky Bonus: Armor Class

Special: Mini-Tor is a minotaur, who was captured at a young age and forced to be a jester for the local lord. While this has, by and large, absolutely broken Mini-Tor’s spirit, his inept amusements have some use in the dungeon. Every other round, Mini-Tor will Entertain the monster with the highest HP remaining, causing them to be too distracted to attack that turn. Mini-Tor can only entertain a given monster once, and will not attempt to Entertain a monster that has already been targeted, instead going for the next-highest hit point total.
You may spend your buff tokens on any number of peasants. Here are the ways you can spend them:

1 buff token allows you to increase a modifier (Strength, Agility, Stamina, Luck) by 1. An increased strength value increases attack dealt by that peasant by the same amount. An increased agility value increases init, ac, AND reflex by that same amount. An increased Stamina increases fort by that amount, and increases hp by twice that amount. And an increased luck value increases the Lucky Bonus and will for that peasant by that same amount.

You may also use 1, 2, or 3 buff tokens to buy spells for your peasants. 1 token buys them an amateur spell, 2 tokens buys an average spell, 3 tokens buy an wondrous spell. Each spell is used only once per battle. Here is a list of the spells:

CLERIC

BLESSING
Amateur:
-next peasant to move gains +2 to attack for the rest of the fight.
Average:
-next peasant to move gains +2 to attack and all saving throws for the rest of the fight.
Wondrous:
-next peasant to move gains +4 to attack and all saving throws for the rest of the fight.

DARKNESS
Amateur: The target's eyes are clouded on a failed DC 12 Will save; they suffer a -2 penalty on attack rolls for 1 round.
Average: The target's eyes are clouded on a failed DC 14 Will save; they suffer a -2 penalty on attack rolls for 2 rounds.
Wondrous: The target's eyes are clouded on a failed DC 16 Will save; they suffer a -3 penalty on attack rolls for 2 rounds.

PROTECTION FROM EVIL
Amateur: The caster receives a +2 bonus to saving throws against effects unholy to Rufflets (which means everything) for 1 round.
Average: As per Amateur, except the effect lasts for 2 rounds and all attacks made by unholy creatures take a -1 penalty.
Wondrous: As per Average, except the effect lasts for 4 rounds.
WIZARD

ENLARGE
Amateur:: The next peasant to move increases in size by 10%. This has no mechanical bonuses, but they become visibly larger and more intimidating. To be clear, this does nothing.
Average: The next peasant to move increases in size by 25%, conferring a +1 bonus to damage and AC due to greater size and strength. This lasts for the rest of the fight.
Wondrous: The next peasant to move increases in size by 50%, conferring a +2 bonus to damage and AC due to greater size and strength. This lasts the rest of the fight.

FLAMING HANDS
Amateur: A single gout of fire strikes a target within range for 3 damage.
Average: A concentrated blast of fire strikes two targets within range for 3 damage.
Wondrous: A wave of fire burns up to three targets in range for 3 damage apiece.

MAGIC MISSILE
Amateur: The caster throws a single missile that does 3 point of damage.
Average: As Amateur, but the missile deals 4 damage.
Wondrous: As Amateur, but 2 missiles are created that deal 4 damage apiece. If the first missile kills its target, then the second missile will be directed towards a new target.
There is a limitation on buffing for each character.
1. Each stat for each character may only be buffed twice in net. Any excess buffs are ignored.
2. You may only spend two buff tokens on the same character.
3. Spells must be bought publicly in thread during phase 2 (i.e. starting Wednesday 5pm CST). Each spell may only be bought by one commoner and each commoner may only buy one spell. Buff tokens used for buying spells are deducted from your pool and DO count against your 2 buff token/character limit. This means that if you buy an Average spell on Sailor Ted, you may only spend one buff token on Sailor Ted. If you buy an Average or Wondrous spell on a character, you cannot buff their stats further.

You may recall that you have 4 buff tokens and 1 nerf token. The nerf token must be applied to a stat (Strength, Agility, Luck) on a character of your choice. Note that Stamina is not included: Nerf tokens may not be spent on Stamina because of game-breaking concerns. That stat will then be nerfed by 1, with all the associated changes as described above.

All tokens, buff and nerf, must be expended.

Last edited:
Combat:
This is a simulation, meaning all characters will be NPC once in the dungeon. They target attacks and harmful spells at the enemies with the least health.

Enemies have targeting rules specified.

According to the turn order, characters attack enemies (who all have 0 AC meaning that all attacks hit). If characters have spells, they use them once at the start of the battle using the same targeting rules, and attack regularly thereafter. If Father Sam have associated cleric or wizardry spells, then he will use their spells for the first two rounds, and attack regularly thereafter. Mini-Tor will entertain on even rounds.

Enemy attacks will have a action roll to check against armor class of the peasants. For instance, Baby Mimics roll d20 and have +2 to attack and deal 4 damage. If they attacked a peasant with AC 11, then they would have to roll a 9 or higher to connect their attack, which deals 4 damage. If they roll 8 or lower then their attack does not hit.

Initiative will be rolled for ALL ENEMIES and ALL COMMONERS at the start of this challenge, and the turn order will be public knowledge (unless it is affected by buffs/nerfs to init)

Here is a list of the enemies in each room, their behavior and stats:

Room 1: 2 Baby Mimics

Baby Mimic: Init +2; Atk lick +2 (4 plus treasure-sickness);

HP 22;

SV Fort +2, Ref -1, Will +0;

Baby Mimic tries to lick [[1d20+2]] for [[4]] damage! On hit, make a DC 12 Fort save or contract Treasure Sickness!

Treasure Sickness: At the end of each encounter, lose 1 hp. After taking damage from Treasure Sickness, the commoner may roll a DC 12 Fort save to overcome the sickness.

Targets peasants with most hp

Room 2: 3 Devouring Mouths

Devouring Mouth: Init +3; Atk bite +3 (4)

HP 19;

SV Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +1;

Devouring Mouth tries to take a chomp [[1d20+3]] for [[4]] damage!

Targets peasants with 3 hp or lower; if none have this, targets peasants with lowest hp.

Room 3: Tempting Sorceress

Tempting Sorceress: Init +6; Atk seduction

HP 39;

SV Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +5;

Tempting Sorceress tries to manipulate three peasants! Make a DC 13 Will save or these peasants attack the next peasants in line on their turn!

Targets 3 peasants, preferring those with lowest damage

Room 4: Stomping Mad Goblin Horde (7 goblins)

Goblin Horde Member: Init +1; Atk dogslicer +2 (2)

HP 6;

SV Fort +0, Ref +1, Will -2

Goblin tries out his dogslicer [[1d20+3]] for [[2]] damage! On a natural 1, the goblin’s dogslicer breaks and he flees from battle!

Always gangs up on the peasant with the least damage, as they’re natural bullies

Room 5: 2 Adult Mimics EX [DLC]

Adult Mimic EX [DLC]: Init +3; Atk lick +5 (5 plus treasure-sickness)

HP 38;

SV Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +2

Adult Mimic EX [DLC] tries to lick [[1d20+5]] for [[5]] damage! On hit, make a DC 15 Fort save or contract Treasure Sickness EX!

Treasure Sickness: At the end of each encounter, lose 2 hp. After taking damage from Treasure Sickness, the commoner may roll a DC 15 Fort save to overcome the sickness.

Targets uninfected commoners, preferring those with the highest hp. Spreads the infection around, never attacking the some one twice; if all alive peasants are infected, target those with lowest hp.

Room 6: 1 Shadow Demon

Shadow Demon: Init +Yes; Atk Possession

HP 5 (reduces all direct damage to 1; for each possessed commoner slain or freed, loses 1 HP)

SV Same as possessed commoner +2

Shadow Demon tries to possess a commoner! That commoner must make a DC 16 Will save or become possessed by Shadow Demon! On a success, Shadow Demon takes 1 damage.

Possession: When Shadow Demon possesses a commoner, he takes on their statistics. Their HP is increased by 10, and their saves and damage are increased by 2. They have +3 to hit. A commoner possessed can try to shake off the demon on each of their turns with a DC 16 Will save. Success means the demon takes 1 damage. A possessed commoner slain by their fellows is still dead.

Targets commoners with lowest hp with possession and attacks

Room 7: Bawkers, Corrupted by Sin

Sinful Bawkers: Init -5; Atk 4 clumsy pecks +2 (4)

HP 74;

SV Fort +7, Ref -3, Will +1

Sinful Bawkers lashes out with 4 clumsy pecks!

Once! [[1d20+2]] for [[4]] damage!

Twice! [[1d20+2]] for [[4]] damage!

Thrice! [[1d20+2]] for [[4]] damage!

Quice! [[1d20+2]] for [[4]] damage!

RNGs target, is too clumsy to care

Room 8: Toad Batallion (4 Toads)

Toad: Init +1; Atk I’M THE BEST (Counter)

HP 9;

SV Fort -1, Ref +2, Will +0

Toad counters for half the damage dealt to him (rounded up) with techniques learned from Smash. This includes spell damage

I’M THE BEST, the counter attack, takes a DC 13 Reflex save to avoid. Toad otherwise does nothing.

Room 9: Kibizarrat the Unholy, Nascent Balor Lord and Consumer of Souls

Kibizarrat: Init +10; Atk Flaming Vorpal Whip +7 (5)

HP 95;

SV Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +4

Kibizarrat unleashes his Flaming Vorpal Whip [[1d20+7]] for [[5]] damage! On a natural 20, the commoner dies instantly! Any commoners adjacent to the target must make a DC 17 Reflex save or take 1 damage as the flames pass by!

Focuses on commoners with highest hp, so as to show off his vorpal whip’s powers.

Last edited:
Scoring:

In this challenge, you must first select a Champion out of one of the 13 commoners. You will gain a multiplier to your overall score based on the room your champion dies in.
Died in room 1: 0.75x
2: 1x
3: 1.25x
4: 1.5x
5: 1.75x
6: 2x
7: 2.25x
8: 2.5x
9: 2.75x
10 (finished dungeon): 3x

However, for each other person that selects the same champion as you, your multiplier moves down by one room. So if your champion died in room 5, but 1 other person selected the same champion as you, then you would get 1.5x, not 1.75x as a multiplier to your overall score.

You must also submit a list of what room you expect each peasant to die in, excluding your champion (Cartman 3 means that they expect Cartman the Wainwright to die to Room 3 which has the Tempting Sorceress. 10 means that they expect their peasant to survive the dungeon).

Here is how scoring works. If you are 2 rooms off, (i.e. you submitted 4 when the guy actually died in room 2), then you get 1 point. If you are 1 room off, then you get 2 points. If you are spot on, then you get 4 points.

You can choose to double the points you get for 4 commoners, and triple the points you get for 4 other commoners. Overlapping these bonuses on commoners is not allowed.

Submitting the same prediction list as someone else (ignoring the targets of doubling/tripling points) results in a overall 0.75x multiplier being applied to the overall score.

In the highly unlikely case of a tie, we will tiebreak by champion progression (higher the better), followed by number of guesses spot on, followed by highest weighted score, followed by number of guesses that are only 1 room off, followed by number of guesses that are over the actual room.

Last edited:
to recap!!!!

You have until Wednesday 5pm CST to submit the name of ONE COMMONER who will be your champion!! I will publicly announce who chose what!

After Wednesday 5pm CST, you have until Friday 5pm CST to submit:
Any purchases of spells (which must be public in this thread!)
The usage of your 4 buff tokens and 1 nerf tokens!
Your list of predicted placements of all of the commoners! As well as which commoners you are doubling/tripling the scores of!

Last edited:
The following players chose these commoners as their champions:
Dusk: Sailor Ted (2)
Conrad: Father Sam
Drey: Kanyegef
Josh: Handy
Isa: Sailor Ted (2)
Zorbees: Long John
Viper: Molly (2)
Reds: Molly (2)
Om Room: Agatha (2)
AJ: Agatha (2)

Spell buying begins now! All purchases are final and will expend your buff tokens as soon as you post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)