Silly Things You've Seen In Other Metagames

I don't even know what to say about that one. Congratulations, you've rendered me speechless.

Edit:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-224770019
Roar of Time Dialga is bad enough, but it gets worse when you add Bulk Up. Later, Poison Arceus also used Roar of Time. And Toxic Orb Deoxys-A made an appearance.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-224770154
Contrary to what the chat may have said, Teravolt DOES bypass Shell Armor. That's not why this is here, though. This is here because that Slowbro used Avalanche.

Last edited:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-224782970
Wormadam-Trash. Look, people. As a general rule, if the sentence "No movesets available. Perhaps you could help out?" appears for a mon on the Smogon Dex, it means said mon is probably trash (geddit?). At least it got rocks up before dying to Fire Punch Mega Medicham.
Turn 6:
The opposing Starmie used Dazzling Gleam!
It's super effective! Spiritomb lost 48.7% of its health!
Spiritomb used Snarl!
It's super effective! The opposing Starmie lost 48.9% of its health!
The opposing Starmie's Special Attack fell!
Turn 12, meanwhile brings us the other definition of "silly", as in chuckle-worthy. Cofagarius assumes the Starmie on the other side's coming in and Shadow Balls. In fact, Hitmonchan stays in--but the Shadow Ball crits, breaking even on the mispredict. (For an added bonus, it does exactly as much damage as the Psychic on the last turn had, 66 points or 27.4%. And it gets the SpD drop.)
Life Orb Purugly with U-Turn (usually seen on it), Knock Off (also good), and...Iron Tail. Gotta get dem Rocks. No Sucker Punch or Fake Out, which you should have on it. Also, don't use Purugly: It's fast and has Defiant, but it really lacks for a movepool and stats.
Poison Point Roserade. You get Technician, you know (and Natural Cure).
Said Poison Point did nothing to stop a Cinccino sweep. Yeah, turns out 187.5 BP hurts, even off a mediocre 95 Atk.

A second AG replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-224883346
The reader's edition will not be spoiler-tagged this time. Also note that I am taking full advantage of the definition of the word "silly"; thus, my commentary will include not only questionable plays/moves/item choices, but also more humorous things.

• Non-mega Medicham with Rock Slide. Not every Megamon needs its stone in order to be effective (see: Garchomp, Tyranitar, Slowbro). Medicham is not one of those mons, buddy.
  • Galvantula hits four out of five Thunders, explained by Compound Eyes. It also paralyzes twice, explained by...I dunno.
  • Mega Salamence with...Thrash. Outrage much? Better still, it nearly wastes the Jolteon sent in to HP Ice it...except Outrage would have gotten the kill (because STAB).
  • SwagPlay Klefki! Finally, something actually banned from Standard!
  • Alas, the first Swagger misses, and the Hitmonchan on the receiving end beats the coinflip on the second attempt as the keys take a +2 Drain Punch for their troubles. Ouch. Fortunately, Klefki nets two kills before going down.
  • BellyJet Azumarill sent out against a (paralyzed) Ludicolo. Questionable, as the pineapple can Giga Drain and OHKO after the berry. Cue full-para and the subsequent finish. Wow, was that a bad time for hax.

Last edited:
How to get swept by Mega Gyarados in Inheritance:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/inheritance-224896666

• Allow your opponent to figure out your set by sending in your Suicune to take less than 50% from a +2 Explosion. Sure, he could have inherited from Clefable, but the rest of his team looked competent enough to figure out he was inheriting from Quagsire.
  • Stay in and use Toxic when the opponent has a free turn to get a Substitute up and eliminating any trace of momentum left, instead of immediately switching out to Landorus-T and preventing me from getting a free substitute. (Using Crabhammer has such a horrible risk to reward ratio on that turn, so he had no reason to not switch to Lando-T.)
  • Derp around by switching to Cresselia with no real reason to. I'm behind a sub, and against a Suicune that can't do jack to me.
  • Switch back to Suicune in spite of the lack of Leftovers recovery on Gyarados, allowing me to get to +2 and be behind a sub for free.
  • Pray for a Crabhammer miss, and, when it doesn't happen, forfeit when you're at your last mon.
Judging by his rank, he was actually pretty good. Surely he must have encountered this set before, and ignored it in spite of its ability to easily 6-0 his team if given a free turn.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/challengecup1vs1-224911341

This was the semifinals of a CC 1v1 tour. See if you can count every instance of hax.

Last edited:
Random Crap, 1V1 and others:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-224942792
how not to play a Smeargle set.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-224990619
I'm not sure which is worse:
I completely missed that it had an air balloon
OR
Baton pass.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-224959780
well…
Deoxys speed lead. With fiery dance and psystrike.
Regigigas using Belly drum at 59%. While burned.
I swap Impostor Blissey into Giratina. It uses Rapid Spin.
Rayquaza at +4 SpA using V-create on my Rayquaza. Not Draco Meteor

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-224981301
-Ice Burn, Blast Burn Weavile.
-Milotic.
-Dark Aura.

Last edited:
The Anything Goes ladder is a gold mine for silly things. Low-ladder AG is also a great place to get some experience without a terribly competitive atmosphere--especially when people like this are hanging around.

Highlights (those watching the replay will note the stupidity present on both sides):
  • Pikachu. With Knock Off. Just because it gets Knock Off doesn't mean it should use it.
  • Roar of Time Dialga. This Pikachu won't be taking down any legendaries today. Said Dialga also had Leftovers. Yes, Leftovers is an awesome item. No, it shouldn't go on everything.
  • Just going to say it: ANY TWO-TURN MOVE, PERIOD (except for Shadow Force or Bounce Gyarados or Geomancy, but you better have a Power Herb). There were a few of these.
  • Tri Attack Hydreigon. This attempt at hax-fishing was unsuccessful, sadly.
  • Mixed offensive Registeel with Zap Cannon (two for three with two paras) and Bulldoze (it gets EQ, and you're still not outrunning anything even at -1).
  • Using EQ on a non-mega Gengar. Twice. Once is forgivable--you can forget it has Levitate--but not twice.
  • Said Gengar has Hypnosis, Nightmare, and Hex. Apparently it thinks it's Darkrai or something. You're not pulling that off very well with 60% accuracy.
  • Kyurem-B with Hail. Probably had Freeze Shock, too.
  • Mew with Charge Beam. Okay, granted, Mew can run pretty much whatever it wants, but that seems a bit off. Can't set up on Ground types, after all.
  • Non-primal Kyogre without Specs, a Scarf, or any teammates to use the rain. With Hyper Beam. And Giga Impact.
  • PerishTrap Lapras. I approve, as Lapras is my favorite Pokemon ever.
  • Kyogre's perish count is one, but it has just been freed from Whirlpool and has fully recharged. The opponent, an Umbreon, is highly unlikely to be able to trap it (unless it has Mean Look). Does it switch? No! Instead, it Giga Impacts and dies.
  • Hyper Beam Giratina-O. Which misses (Ha-ha!). Umbreon retaliates with...Shadow Ball, which does 23.8%. One, Dark is not Ghost. Two, nice 60 SpA (Blissey can do more to you than that). Three, DARK IS NOT GHOST. The match sadly ends at this point, with Tina's trainer forfeiting.

Last edited:
Let's see:
  • Headbutt flinch (1)
  • Another Headbutt flinch (2)
  • Critical Headbutt (3)
  • Yet another Headbutt flinch (5)
  • ANOTHER HEADBUTT FLINCH (7)
  • Hydro Miss (10)
  • Another Hydro Miss (11)
  • Also, a Typhlosion (a maybe RU mon) beats an OU mon with a type advantage on it. What is this, the anime? Wow, Challenge Cup is weird.

I know I've posted a ton in this thread recently, but this was too good to pass up.
  • Two UU/OU squads in AG. No big deal, I guess, except for...
  • Doublade. Um, this is AG, you can use Aegislash if you want. No? Okay. Said Doublade had Night Slash. GHOST DOES NOT EQUAL DARK.
  • Mega Beedrill has just been nailed by said Night Slash, and next turn Protects to scout the Shadow Sneak. Doublade has it. So does Beedrill take the opportunity to get out and live to fight another day? No! It dies from another Shadow Sneak to the face.
  • So, what should I switch into Doublade, known for having a Fighting move? The Arcanine I have on my bench that can Flare Blitz this thing with no problem? No! Let's go with Porygon2...
  • ...and then rofl as the Eviolite-boosted mon tanks two Sacred Swords and beats it with Ice Beam, a not-very-effective move. (Doublade lost its Eviolite to Beedrill on turn 1.) Just to check, Porygon2 usually carries Thunderbolt, right? And T-Bolt is neutral on Ghost/Steel?
  • Shell Smash Cloyster with neither White Herb nor Sash, nor Life Orb or even Leftovers. It proceeded to Rock Blast an Aggron. Um, you do have a Water move, right?
  • Overgrow Superior. With Leaf Storm. Imagine the look on my face seeing "Serperior's Special Attack harshly fell!".
  • A grand total of one switch the entire match, Noivern evading an incoming EQ set to whack Aggron.
  • Double miss on turn 15. Considering one of the moves used was Air Slash (95% accurate), that just sucks.
  • Espeon with HP Water, Fighting, or Ground, which finished off a weakened Aggron to win the match. What are you hoping to hit with that, exactly?
This makes me want to go grab an Ubers team, hit the AG ladder, and see how far I can go. Even though I'm inexperienced and generally terrible, at this rate I'm betting I could go places.

Replay was too short to be worth posting, but Haxorus on a Dragon mono switches into an Ice Body Vanillish (not Vanilluxe, Vanillish) and eats a Blizzard for its troubles. The cone could've swept too, if not for the presence of Kyurem-B, which forces it out and into...Belly Drum Slurpuff. Kyu-B goes down, forfeit.

In another short match, Acrobatics Talonflame, which hits the Forretress opposing it, then SDs. Forre sets rocks and then explodes, taking Smogonbird with it. This game ends quickly thanks to a Moxie Heracross sweep.

This match has:
  • Mega-Ray and several Final Gambit Victini. I like this idea--use the rabbits to severely weaken key targets for M-Ray to finish with ExtremeSpeed. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Why?
  • Because Ray Dragon Ascents an opposing Victini at 5%. No, it was not out of PP for ExtremeSpeed. The defense drop allows a Gardevoir to pick it off with a Moonblast (non-Mega, thankfully, or else I would've had to scream), ending the match.

So, I just had a wonderful Inheritance match, and I must say, I do not think I have ever had so much hax against myself ever before.
First my opponent got two freeze hax on consecutive turns (which I was never able to thaw from), then later my Heatran takes about twenty turns just to land a single attack against his Chatter MeGardevoir.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/inheritance-225383095

Somehow I still managed to win.

Also this was the most cosmic power pokes I've ever seen in one battle

Mickey9TFB: DAMN IT HYDREIGON YOU JIM HENSON'S THE MUPPETS LOOKING FUCK
Mickey9TFB: KILL THE LOLITA ROCK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)