Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly why would you use Florges when Sylveon does everything Florges can but better. There is literally nothing Florges can do that Sylveon can't outside of using Grass attacks but that is really niche. Sylveon also has useful abilities unlike Florges who is stuck with two double battle only abilities. Sylveon also has something else Florges doesn't have: diversity. You pretty much every Florges is gonna have Wish, Protect, Moonblast and Aromatherapy. Sometimes they carry Toxic but it isn't that common. While Sylveon also Commonly runs a set consisting of Wish, Protect, Hyper Voice and Heal Bell it can also do some different sets like Choice Specs and Baton Pass which Florges can't. Sylveon and Florges is kind of similar to Chansey and Blissey. Florges and Blissey are by no means bad but they are extremely outclassed by Sylveon and Chansey respectively. Even then Blissey isn't that outclassed by Chansey as it has it's niche of being able to carry move like Ice Beam and Flamethrower. All in all there is nor reason to run Florges over Sylveon as it has next to no advantages over Sylveon.

It is appalling how many people switch a grass type into Vivillon to absorb the Sleep Powder. To get mauled by a Hurricane the next turn. The only thing I would ever switch in to absorb Vivillon's Sleep Powder is Xatu, and I would play conservatively if Xatu isn't dead. The only Grass that has switched in to Vivillon and lived to tell the tale was a Gogoat that apparently had SpDef investment.

It is appalling how many people switch a grass type into Vivillon to absorb the Sleep Powder. To get mauled by a Hurricane the next turn. The only thing I would ever switch in to absorb Vivillon's Sleep Powder is Xatu, and I would play conservatively if Xatu isn't dead. The only Grass that has switched in to Vivillon and lived to tell the tale was a Gogoat that apparently had SpDef investment.
clearly youve never seen someone switch in abomasnow?

Try to play with Defense huh Blissey? Cause you can't do it with Struggle

Oh, and Freeze Shock Kyu-B and Screens Latios. Not to mention Draco Meoter on Clefable.

I'll preface this with saying that I agree that Florges is completely outclassed by Sylveon. There's no objective reason to use it in OU. But you
are misrepresenting the facts.

Hits through subs, and has 135 BP instead of 95.

Which is enough to make Florges absolutely not worth using in any metagame where Sylveon is allowed.

Plus there is the fact that Sylveon's physical bulk is 16% higher, while having the same special bulk.
90 * 1.3 = 117.

I'm not sure how you're deciding that Sylveon's physical side is 16% better, but:
0 SpA Mew Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 123-145 (31.2 - 36.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Mew Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Florges: 118-141 (32.7 - 39.1%) -- 11.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Mew Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 82-97 (20.8 - 24.6%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Mew Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Florges: 79-94 (21.9 - 26.1%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

For Specially Defensive variants, Sylveon takes 1.5-2.3% less of it's total HP. About 94-95% of the damage that Florges takes.

For Physically Defensive variants, Sylveon takes 1.1-1.5% less of it's total HP. Again 94-95% of the damage that Florges takes.

And Florges has slightly higher special bulk, although this difference is about as negligible as the difference in defense:

0 SpA Mew Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Florges: 51-61 (14.1 - 16.9%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Mew Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sylveon: 58-70 (14.7 - 17.7%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recover

0 SpA Mew Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Florges: 67-79 (18.6 - 21.9%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Mew Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Sylveon: 78-93 (19.7 - 23.6%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

Sylveon is physically bulkier by thanks to having a higher base HP.

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 154-183 (39.1 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Florges: 150-177 (41.7 - 49.3%) -- 19.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Sylveon also has Psyshock and Shadow Ball for coverage, can be a backup for Espeon on BP teams with Stored Power, and Dual Screens. Florges gets nothing but Grass and Light Screen.
I agree on your first point, and never disputed that. The extra coverage is a fine point. I usually use Sylveon as a cleric, so I didn't think of it's additional coverage options. That's another thing it has over Florges. Just to repeat: I'm not advocating anyone use Florges in OU.

Try to play with Defense huh Blissey? Cause you can't do it with Struggle

Oh, and Freeze Shock Kyu-B and Screens Latios. Not to mention Draco Meoter on Clefable.
Freeze Shock is okay with Power Herb if you really want good physical Ice STAB for Kyurem-B. Without PH, though, Freeze Shock is bad.

Assault Vest Azumarill is pretty legit, but not when it has the Perish Trapper set.

Double-edge Clefable. It could be good in 5th gen RU, but not now.

Ember Charizard-X.

Wing Attack / Aerial Ace / Fly / Sky Attack Staraptor. It held Fist Plate.

Day 4 of dumb stuff:

NU:
Weezing that tried to lay 3 toxic spikes.
Weezing unable to do anything to Chesto-resto Klinklang, letting it boost to +5.
Dragon Claw Archeops.
Archeops without Earthquake.
Ominous Wind Dusknoir.
Corsola. It sucks even in NU.
Marill. Bunnelby does Huge Power better.

Okay, enough of Florges vs. Sylveon.

Random Shit volume 113: I Need a Job Edition
-Dragonite using EQ on Gengar.
-Roserade using Sleep Powder on Celebi.
-Dragon Pulse Heatran.
-Porygon2 using Thunder Wave on Swampert.
-Deoxys-D trying to stack Stealth Rock.
-Ferrothorn using Toxic on Scolipede that was behind a sub. Double whammy.
-Dark Pulse Umbreon will win you very few stall wars. Especially against Vaporeon.
-Deoxys-D spamming Magic Coat against M-Absol. Because of course it poses a threat with status moves. Why would it ever attack?
-Keldeo using a resisted Hidden Power against Jellicent.
-Ice Fang normal Manectric.
-Dragon Dance+Dragon Tail Gyarados.
-Tri Attack Magnezone. Seriously, it sucks.
-Weakness Policy Steelix. It worked, at least.
-Earthquake+Egg Bomb+Dazzling Gleam+Sleep Talk (which it used while awake) Chansey. Possibly the worst one you'll ever see.
-Detect Marowak.
-Marowak in general.
-Dark Pulse Skarmory.
-Amoonguss using Spore on Manaphy that was clearly abusing Rest+Hydration.
-Aerodactyl vs. the world: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-120018252
-How not to deal with one of Showderp's favorite sets: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-120018072
-I have no idea: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pandora-oumonotype-595605
-Enigma Berry Cradily.
-Special Dragonite, which, unlike physical, is pretty much walled to hell and back by Heatran.
-Body Slam Blissey. It did, however, manage to paralyze a Ninetales and a Diggersby.
-Gliscor using EQ on M-Pinsir.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-120009091

I just found another stupid Showderp party
This is pathetic
The pokemon's sets aren't anything when compared to the people on the chat
Idiots, the lot of them.
Okay, enough of Florges vs.
Sylveon.
Save this BS for the Viability Thread Plz.
Random Shit volume 113: I Need a Job Edition
I need a job that isn't fictitious
-Dragonite using EQ on Gengar.
Maybe he thought Dragonite got Mold Breaker?
-Roserade using Sleep Powder on Celebi.
Grass Types being immune to Grass Status was only introduced this gen.... Meh
-Dragon Pulse Heatran.
Gotta hit those Draygons
-Porygon2 using Thunder Wave on Swampert.
Everything about this sentence is wrong.
-Deoxys-D trying to stack Stealth Rock.
SR ==/== Spikes
-Ferrothorn using Toxic on Scolipede that was behind a sub. Double whammy.
Double Fail
-Dark Pulse Umbreon will win you very few stall wars. Especially against Vaporeon.
... What
-Deoxys-D spamming Magic Coat against M-Absol. Because of course it poses a threat with status moves. Why would it ever attack?
MAbsol DOES have Taunt... Sometimes.... And bouncing only happens once (So Absol would get hit by Taunt despite MB)
-Keldeo using a resisted Hidden Power against Jellicent.
HP Fire Keldeo New Meta
-Ice Fang normal Manectric.
You do know Manny is a SPECIAL attacker right? :/
-Dragon Dance+Dragon Tail Gyarados.
Double Dragon :P
-Tri Attack Magnezone. Seriously, it sucks.
Tri Attack Porygon2. GG
-Weakness Policy Steelix. It worked, at least.
Well it DOES have Sturdy... Sucks that it's too slow to abuse WP
-Earthquake+Egg Bomb+Dazzling Gleam+Sleep Talk (which it used while awake) Chansey. Possibly the worst one you'll ever see.
Op AF Nerf Plz
-Detect Marowak.
-Marowak in general.
Thick Club doubles its attack.... That's something?
-Dark Pulse Skarmory.
"Cries in corner"
-Amoonguss using Spore on Manaphy that was clearly abusing Rest+Hydration.
It stopped it for a turn? It cost a turn.... So in reality... STALLIN INNIT LIKE?
-Aerodactyl vs. the world: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-120018252
-How not to deal with one of Showderp's favorite sets: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-120018072
-I have no idea: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pandora-oumonotype-595605
"Witty commentary coming,.. Most likey never"
-Enigma Berry Cradily.
It's an Enigma why anyone uses it
-Special Dragonite, which, unlike physical, is pretty much walled to hell and back by Heatran.
... Does it get Earth Power at least?
-Body Slam Blissey. It did, however, manage to paralyze a Ninetales and a Diggersby.
Serene Grace OP Nerf Plz
-Gliscor using EQ on M-Pinsir.
No comment
Added comments, couldn't make it look nice tho :(
Edit:
You have AIDS! (Yes you have AIDS!)
Some people on Showdown.... I was "You have AIDS! :D" in case you were wondering (Fack Talonflame it's shite... And why would I run Gyrados? :/)

Last edited:
You are one interesting little person, aren't you.
About the You Have AIDS thing or the hating on Tflame/Non Mega Gyrados thing? (couldnt of been mega, you all saw the Absol!)
To be fair, I was bored and wanted to do something "unique"
Totally shouldn't of said that I did it though :P

IMO, Bulk Up Careful Talonflame is it's only use, and Gyarados is ok, Mega is better.
I was referring the AIDS thing >.>
Ah....
Well....
Err....
Shit.
Im just go out and say that you don't watch Family Guy? (even then, I apologise anyway, I just couldn't get a stupid username like You won! Or You're adopted! So apologies if I offended you. :/)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-120197237

Not ultra silly, but this did raise some questions for me:
- Was there a reason he used EQ on Landorus-T twice? Did he just not believe it failed the first time? I can forgive this as a misclick
- Curse Sucker Punch Umbreon. Is this a thing? The latest txt dump has Curse at 15% and Sucker Punch at 3%
- Hyper Beam Jolteon. Not just Hyper Beam (I can see it on Sylveon as a panic button over Hyper Voice...it wasn't bad the one time I accidentally had it), but on a pokemon which, for all I can tell, would never need it. It and Thunderbolt are practically the same damage.

- Absorb Bulb Infernape... in ubers.
- Giga Impact Terrakion
- ExtremeSpeed Deoxys-S. Gotta go fast.
- LIFE ORB MULTISCALE LUGIA
- Ferrothorn using Thunder Wave on Reuniclus

decent, but not good enough to be using a 50 bp attack
Heliolisk is too frail to use a move that trades a ton of power for a bit of recovery.
Eh. You're right. I guess I should play the game before I make remarks like that.
Well, if I had to use it, I'd use it to make up for Life orb damage, assuming that parabolic charge will make do damage equal to 40% of helio's health, which in turn depends on the taker of the hit and Helio's bulk... well, I guess I should research a little bit more and come back to you on this, but I'll agree, it's not really a move I'd pick if I wanted to use heliolisk.
EDIT: It looks really wierd, but formatting is shit for some reason on the Ipad. Anyway, this is from bulbapedia:
GamesDescription
XYThe user attacks everything around it. The user's HP is restored by half the damage taken by those hit.

so if this is right, does that mean that it'll drain health from every foe on the field, or something like that? That would be pretty damn cool in doubles, but for OU... eh. All in all, it's a niche move.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)