Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the first scenario happened, I was confused. When the second scenario happened, it made the first one make sense. They were both dumb decisions though.
Scenario 1: Latios uses Trick on Latias and gives it Choice Specs. Latios gets a Dread Plate in return.
Scenario 2: After Latias gets Tricked again (not by Latios though) it uses Sucker Punch.

Dread Plate Sucker Punch Latias. Who also had Draco Meteor, so it certainly wasn't Physical.

Karxrida said:
WP Auto is legit. I've used it before and it's hilarious and awesome since it can use Conkeldurr and Mandibuzz as set-up bait.
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I was under the impression that he meant don't use WP outside of the WP Auto set. I certainly agree that the WP Auto set is a very potent build. I should probably stop trying to interpret people's words for them.

Or:
4. Awful attitude - These are people who remain butthurt about a loss, justify their ridiculous sets with even more ridiculous justifications, or question game mechanics and bans, basically anyone who acts like a retard in the chat. Which I want more of tbh, it's the most interesting and the only reason why I'm still viewing this thread.

Also am I the only one unable to view replays or is PS actually updating or whatever?
Justifying a rediculous set is not that bad, like; EQ on a Card y onto, lets say a hippodon in the sun, that is easily justified with "I predicted the switch into heatran"

Also those "rediculous" sets might be able to counter some portions of the meta...

And obviously there will be unskilled players at low ladder, why? Because they might never have played competitively before...

Justifying a rediculous set is not that bad, like; EQ on a Card y onto, lets say a hippodon in the sun, that is easily justified with "I predicted the switch into heatran"

Also those "rediculous" sets might be able to counter some portions of the meta...
Well, if you've seen the truly ridiculous shit on this thread, you would know things aren't as sensible or mundane as EQ Zard Y.

And obviously there will be unskilled players at low ladder, why? Because they might never have played competitively before...
Welcome to the internet, m8. We're mean to noobs.

Showdown won't let me save the replay, but I ran into a team of Masquerain/Delphox/Alakazam/Relicanth/Sigilyph/Whimsicott.

I didn't have to go through the painful job of scouting his sets though, he forfeited turn one.

EDIT:
Slack Off Infernape, SD/Sub/Return/Night Slash Ninjask, Thunder/Blizzard/CM/Softboiled Blissey all on the same team.

Last edited:
How not to stall:

1- Lead with Wobbufett
2- Use Encore on your opponent's Mamoswine to lock him into Stealth Rock.
3- Switch to Gothitelle to keep him trapped.
4- Use Trick to make sure they will stay locked.
5- Use Taunt to lock them into Struggle.
6- Use Toxic.
7- Watch powerlessly as your Gothitelle and Wobbufett get swept by Struggle + Stealth Rock, since you don't have any means of dealing damage other than Toxic.
8- After Mamoswine finally goes down, watch powerlessly as the opponent's Gengar murders the rest of your team, since you don't have anything to beat it other than Aegislash, and Gengar is already behind a sub.

I wish I could post the replay, but apparently Showdown went nuts and is not letting me update it, so I tried to make a faithful description.

Also, another one: don't forget to make sure your Chesnaught has no attacking move other than Hammer Arm, to make sure Gengar's stallbreaking procceeds without fail.

Last edited:
I've also seen a similar strategy in another match, but one that was actually scary: Lead with Truant Durant, use Entrainment to change your opponent's ability into Truant, swich to Gothitelle, spam Protect + Calm Mind until you are at +6/+6 and sweep.

Would be pretty effective if Gothitelle wasn't slow as fuck and easily revenge killed by the next pokemon.

But my opponent had every gimmick strategy he could think of in the same team, so I eventually lost to the gimmick overload.

I've also seen a similar strategy in another match, but one that was actually scary: Lead with Truant Durant, use Entrainment to change your opponent's ability into Truant, swich to Gothitelle, spam Protect + Calm Mind until you are at +6/+6 and sweep.

Would be pretty effective if Gothitelle wasn't slow as fuck and easily revenge killed by the next pokemon.

But my opponent had every gimmick strategy he could think of in the same team, so I eventually lost to the gimmick overload.
I've seen/used that before, only with Hone Claws Dugtrio.

Stupid shit volume 2:
No, the Alakazite won't evolve your Venusaur.
The almighty Quick Attack Grovyle.
Curse Sylveon.
Sucker punch rotom. Dat 50 Attack will break the LC.
Superpower Terrakion. It used it 'cuz of assault vest?
Tremble at your new god: Iron Defense, Amnesia, Nasty Plot, Swords Dance Mew!
Gastly.
A Delibird.
Said Delibird somehow taking an Ember from Charizard-Y

Talpr0ne's team: Tyranitar / Stoutland / Gastrodon / Reuniclus / Scizor / Landorus-Therian
PCLS98's team: Jolteon / Flygon / Exploud / Castform / Sharpedo / Scolipede

Turn 5

Tyranitar, come back!
Go! Gastrodon!
The opposing Castform used Weather Ball!
Gastrodon's Storm Drain raised its Special Attack!
Turn 6
Gastrodon used Scald!
It's not very effective... The opposing Castform lost 34% of its health!
The opposing Castform fainted!

Stoutland used Return!
The opposing Sharpedo lost 88% of its health!
Stoutland is hurt by the opposing Sharpedo's Rough Skin!

The battle is gen5 btw, as someone can guess looking at my team.

Talpr0ne's team: Tyranitar / Stoutland / Gastrodon / Reuniclus / Scizor / Landorus-Therian
PCLS98's team: Jolteon / Flygon / Exploud / Castform / Sharpedo / Scolipede

Turn 5

Tyranitar, come back!
Go! Gastrodon!
Turn 6
Gastrodon used Scald!
It's not very effective... The opposing Castform lost 34% of its health!
The opposing Castform fainted!

Stoutland used Return!
The opposing Sharpedo lost 88% of its health!
Stoutland is hurt by the opposing Sharpedo's Rough Skin!
The battle is gen5 btw, as someone can guess looking at my team.
lel, Stoutland. His Team could actually work, if he would replace the Flygon. And the Exploud. And the Castform.

Stoutland was actually a top threath in Gen 5, one of the best sand abusers and lategame cleaners overall.
I'm totally aware of this. However, it is extremly horrible in it's Gen5 hometier, NU (Don't ask me why it used to be NU) . It suffers heavily from Ariados syndrome, being good in a higher tier but sucks in it's hometier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)