Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

I love Vivillon just as much as the next guy, but it doesn't belong in OU
I love Scyther Scizor just as much as ,the next guy, but don't pair it with a fucking Vivillon without a Defogger. (Oh and Regice kinda sucks. Mainly because Blissey Chansey exists (Blissey is better in Ubers :P)
Skymin50: why are you running Choice Specs on your fucking Galvantula
Skymin50:
that's painful to watch
Hclegend: LMFAO cus i fuckin felt like it
That's better :P
Edit: yeah that formatting issue isn't going away.... Fuck. Wow as soon as I post that it works. Dammit.
Edit: THAT'S A SCIZOR? GODAMMIT I THOUGHT IT WAS SCYTHER "Headdesk"
Oh and yeah I forgot Latias learnt Defog. Dnt know how considering I had a Defog Latias :/
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/hackmons-120557758

TitanRise sent out Ho-Oh!
Turn 4
TitanRise: hacker

Deoxys-Speed used Sheer Cold!
The opposing Ho-Oh lost 100% of its health!
I've been called a hacker on Balanced Hackmons before. Because Apparantly SmashPass Blissey is "illegal" normally. It smashs it's egg to get mad! It's so Obvoius! :P (In all seriousness, I told the guy "Well yeah this is Balanced Hackmons. He then forfeited. (I think his team was LC or something :/

Last edited:
I love Scyther just as much as ,the next guy, but don't pair it with a fucking Vivillon without a Defogger. (Oh and Regice kinda sucks. Mainly because Blissey Chansey exists (Blissey is better in Ubers :P)

That's better :P
Edit: yeah that formatting issue isn't going away.... Fuck.
It's Scizor, not Scyther. And Scizor and Latias can learn Defog

What is the point in a game that can just consist of scarfed (or otherwise) Deoxys-S throwing 100% sheer colds at each other?

Where's the fun? Where's the strategy?
Well, it's NOT balanced hackmons, it's Hackmons. And Sheer Cold can be countered by Wonder Guard

It's Scizor, not Scyther. And Scizor and Latias can learn Defog
Duly noted. Even if the joke died a bit (I used a Eviolite Scyther as part of a Johto Gym Leader team once, I might dig up one of the replays... Good times :)
Edit:
What is the point in a game that can just consist of scarfed (or otherwise) Deoxys-S throwing 100% sheer colds at each other?

Wonder Guard, Strudy, Sucker Punch, Extremespeed etc. all exist. You just have to prepare for it. And as much as I play Balacend Hackmons (I barely play it nowadays :/) You still have to prepare for threats like in any other meta
OU: Prepare for Bisharp, Megazard, Thundurus, etc
Ubers: Kyogre, EKiller Arceus, GeoXern etc
Balanced Hackmons: Contrary, Sturdinja, Imposter etc.
So.... It's like any other metal just with more creativity.

Last edited:

Hackmons requires a lot of prediction. You don't know what to expect. Also, like Elveman said above, it is countered by Wonder Guard and Sturdy Shedinja.

Ok.
So I finally got my DS back (Because my mom lost it in the void of her car) and I decided to start off WiFi battling. So I was just derping around, and, I use very unique Pokemon, such as Furfrou and Mightyena, so I don't usually judge someone's team just by looking at it.
BUT WHEN SOMEONE'S TEAM WAS: GURDURR, PORYGON, PELLIPER, ONIX, GLACEON AND A REGULAR EEVEE, YOU KNOW THERE'S A PROBLEM.
There indeed is a problem when Gurdurr is your most viable OU Pokemon.

I guess the world of Wi-Fi battles can be even sillier than PS OU, because any 5-year-old can take their terrible in-game team to a Wi-Fi battle (I guess I'll figure out once I get my copy of Y).
The best thing I found on Pokemon X Fly Charizard. I really have to look for some more battles.

Well, Wifi battling with in-game teams is one thing. I can sometimes excuse that since at least the team was already pre-made and the whole thing feels more relaxed than Showdown. I actually won against teams of all the uber legendaries of Kalos using my in-game team before (which had an Aegislash/Florges core and thus was perfectly suited to taking down Mewtwo (Shadow Sneak), Xerneas (Iron Head), and Yveltal (Moonblast)). It's when you try the same thing on Showdown that makes it even more hilarious since you actually have to MAKE the in-game team again, but this time with more control over the EVs and nature than you would have had on cartridge.

I think the saddest part of Wifi battling are those people that challenge you to an anything goes team when they don't have any level 100s. I feel bad for those guys when my level 100s tear them up.

Always look at the profile first. If they don't have at least 50 wins under their belt, it's best not to bother challenging them. 30 if you're really desperate. Ideally more than 100 though, to be frank.

I much prefer WiFi battling to simulator battling, but it's certainly a jungle out there. And prepared to take on a lot of non-optimal legendaries. Like, a lot.

And keep a look out for me -- username Nolsarama. I'll give any of you a good battle...

Last edited:
So while we're talking about the cartridge games I want to point something out
I came across an Iron Defense Deoxys-N
In Doubles, with a Galvantula on the opposing team
Just puttin that out there
Oh, and Night Slash Xerneas.
I have a replay of me owning an Ubers team too.
I'll find it later :P
Edit: alright the code is 93WG-WWWW-WWW5-DMFE
Hclegend VS. TANK
Teams:
Hclegend: Zoroark, Ferrothorn, Garchomp, Azumarill, Mawile (Mega) and Infernape
TANK: Manaphy, Kyurem, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina and Darkrai.
Darkrai named XD13 doesn't do anything because it's owned by Zoroarks Focus Blast (Disguised as Infernape :P)
Then TANK sends out Palkia (Makes sense)
Who uses Surf. Which jos Zoroark
I send out Azumarill. Palkia uses SPACIAL REND DX while I Belly Drum
I use Aqua Jet forgetting the 4x resist (I thought it would kill. It did not.)
then Palkia uses Earth Power
I use Aqua Jet again, actually finishing Palkia
TANK sends Dialga out, I Use Aqua Jet and he uses Roar of Time.
I was gonna use Play rough but he used Thunderbolt, koing Azu :(
I send out my (Mega) Mawile
Dialga uses Aura Sphere while I SD up
Dialga uses Roar of Time while I Play Rough and kill it
Cue Sucker Punch Spam
GG
Hope you enjoyed this Warstory type thing :D

Last edited:
Hclegend said:
I have a replay of me owning an Ubers team too.
I'll find it later :P
Edit: alright the code is 93WG-WWWW-WWW5-DMFE
Hclegend VS. TANK
Teams:
Hclegend: Zoroark, Ferrothorn, Garchomp, Azumarill, Mawile (Mega) and Infernape
TANK: Manaphy, Kyurem, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina and Darkrai.
Darkrai named XD13 doesn't do anything because it's owned by Zoroarks Focus Blast (Disguised as Infernape :P)
Then TANK sends out Palkia (Makes sense)
Who uses Surf. Which jos Zoroark
I send out Azumarill. Palkia uses SPACIAL REND DX while I Belly Drum
I use Aqua Jet forgetting the 4x resist (I thought it would kill. It did not.)
then Palkia uses Earth Power
I use Aqua Jet again, actually finishing Palkia
TANK sends Dialga out, I Use Aqua Jet and he uses Roar of Time.
I was gonna use Play rough but he used Thunderbolt, koing Azu :(
I send out my (Mega) Mawile
Dialga uses Aura Sphere while I SD up
Dialga uses Roar of Time while I Play Rough and kill it
Cue Sucker Punch Spam
GG
Hope you enjoyed this Warstory type thing :D
not to burst your bubble, but I find that the teams of legends are generally the easiest to beat. They are almost always poorly natured and iv'd and have been thrown together with little thought for team balance by those with no knowledge at all of competitive battling.

For example, this lunchtime I 5-0'd a typical example of Palgia, Dialga, Genesect, Keldeo, Meloetta and Articuno (the fact that the last two aren't even OU is also pretty typical). The single pokemon I lost was even down to excessive confusion hax. Other than that, there was no challenge at all.

I far more fear/relish the sight of an obviously well thought through and balanced OU team. It means a proper fight is coming.

Of course, you do sometimes get a proper ubers team comprising 6 obviously hacked flawless legendaries. But this is incredibly rare.

Last edited:
Laggy Showdown didn't save the replay so...
  • Inferno/Hex Ninetales
  • Foul Play Mega Houndoom
  • Hydro Pump Sharpedo
  • Superpower Registeel
  • Power Up Punch/Cross Chop Machamp
  • Slowbro staying in and setting up Calm Minds... on a Venusaur (and many more stupid plays like that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)