Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 37 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I want to do a small Ribbon Project for one of my HGSS Shiny Ralts in Moon Ball, but i can't decide which one should i ribbon to hell and back (i won't be ribboning both so...); should i choose the one with the 31/x/31/31/31/31 Modest spread, or the 31/X/31/30/30/31 HP Ground Timid one? i can't decide.

Also, any advice for a good nickname for a female Scizor? i suck at nicknames.
Bump.

Oh, I was wondering...

How valuable is a 6 perfect IV poke compared to a 5 perfect IV poke with the IV's in all the desired stats. I hatched a 6IV Eevee earlier today, and was wondering if that's particularly valuable in comparison to the 5IV ones I hatched.

Oh, I was wondering...

How valuable is a 6 perfect IV poke compared to a 5 perfect IV poke with the IV's in all the desired stats. I hatched a 6IV Eevee earlier today, and was wondering if that's particularly valuable in comparison to the 5IV ones I hatched.
Some people hold value higher for them, but for me, it's not better unless it's a mixed attacker or the 6th Iv is 0 attack on a special attacker :3

Is a 4-3 flawless IV (assuming the IVs are the correct stat, IE Sp. Atk flawless IV and Speed flawless IV for Mega Charizard Y) pokemon worth using compared to a 5IV one?

Also, still looking for that Adamant good IV Bisharp with Knock Off

Is a 4-3 flawless IV (assuming the IVs are the correct stat, IE Sp. Atk flawless IV and Speed flawless IV for Mega Charizard Y) pokemon worth using compared to a 5IV one?

Also, still looking for that Adamant good IV Bisharp with Knock Off
It's not horrible, but nothing beats 5iv for competitive. Unless you want 6iv for a mixed sweeper.

I wonder what mixed sweepers could actually be viable. Would Nidoking be considered one?
Some of my favorite mixed sweepers are Infernape, Lucario and Salamence. For instance with Salamence, you could do Draco Meteor, and then if you have a physical attacking move, it will ignore the special attack drop :)

I wonder what mixed sweepers could actually be viable. Would Nidoking be considered one?
For 6iv? There's plenty of options. Mad respect for Nidoking but he's not great for OU/ competitive in my opinion. I'm thinking more like a Mixed Sweep Salamence or something that would have a surprise factor in attacking from both ends of the spectrum.

*EDIT- Somehow Elena beat me to mentioning Salamence as I was typing haha but yeaa that just goes to show how solid of a choice he would be.

You could run Intimidate to force a switch/ cut attack, or the more popular Moxie to go on a major sweep.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not to mention he almost needs choice scarf to outspeed major threats.
... No it doesn't. You can easily just run Sticky Web support, and accomplish the same thing, and be able to switch moves. Additionally, you put pressure on your opponent, forcing them to try and remove Sticky Web, which you can take advantage of by running a Defiant mon like Bisharp.

... No it doesn't. You can easily just run Sticky Web support, and accomplish the same thing, and be able to switch moves. Additionally, you put pressure on your opponent, forcing them to try and remove Sticky Web, which you can take advantage of by running a Defiant mon like Bisharp.
Aah Sticky web. I didn't think of that. I like the concept of Kyurem-B, but I feel he's outclassed by many other sweepers who have attacking prowess and speed already.

I like running life orb mamoswine for ice shard priority if I want offensive ice, or Garchomp/ Multiscale D-Nite for better Outrage sweeps. What do you think about Kyurem-B?

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Aah Sticky web. I didn't think of that. I like the concept of Kyurem-B, but I feel he's outclassed by many other sweepers who have attacking prowess and speed already.

I like running life orb mamoswine for ice shard priority if I want offensive ice, or Garchomp/ Multiscale D-Nite for better Outrage sweeps. What do you think about Kyurem-B?
He's not a sweeper though, he's a bulky wallbreaker

Right. My mistake. I just don't see the usefullness in a dragon/ice offensive with only base 95 speed. If he was truly worth a slot, I think he'd be up in Ubers with his big brothers

Right. My mistake. I just don't see the usefullness in a dragon/ice offensive with only base 95 speed. If he was truly worth a slot, I think he'd be up in Ubers with his big brothers
The main reason is his terrible physical movepool. :3 no physical ice stab hurts this thing (well, not counting freeze shock since its shit competitively even with power herb), as it pretty much forces any non banded kyurem to go mixed.

Last edited:

Agonist

Obviously you haven't actually been playing it the right way then. As Valzy said, it's best suited as bulky attacker, being able to use its many resistances to set up a Substitute, then hit hard while your opponent tries to break through its subs. However, it's surprisingly versatile, and can run straight up offensive sets, and plow through your opponents team, while still being hard to break due to its above average bulk, and good resistances.

For Trade:
2 5IV Bold Swift Swim Poliwags (One Male, One Female) in Pokeballs
1 5IV Adamant Dry Skin Croagunk (Female) with Drain Punch Egg Move
4 4IV Adamant Tepig Spitbacks (Male) with Sucker Punch Egg Move in Pokeballs
2 5IV Adamant Lightning Rod Rhyhorn (Female) in Dusk Balls
3 5IV Swift Swim Horsea (Female) in Dive Balls
6 Naive Bagon Spitbacks with 3-4IVs with Egg Moves Dragon Dance, Hydro Pump, and Dragon Pulse in Great Balls
1 Naive 5IV Bagon with Egg Moves Dragon Dance, Hydro Pump, and Dragon Pulse in Great Ball

Looking For:
Manectite (will do 2 for 1)
Charizardite X (will do 2 for 1)
Petaya Berry
Chespin HA Spitbacks
Fennekin HA Spitbacks
Other offers that may amuse me

PM with offers so as not to clog up this thread.
Reposting for new page.

And a question: Can Wide Guard block Dark Void?

Obviously you haven't actually been playing it the right way then. As Valzy said, it's best suited as bulky attacker, being able to use its many resistances to set up a Substitute, then hit hard while your opponent tries to break through its subs. However, it's surprisingly versatile, and can run straight up offensive sets, and plow through your opponents team, while still being hard to break due to its above average bulk, and good resistances.
I did call it a physical sweeper so of course I was not using it properly. My opinion doesn't change however that its typing leaves it outclassed by many other pokemon that can wallbreak while also having the speed to to be a stand alone threat. Id rather have a multiscale dragonite setup ddance and outrage rather than have my Kyurem-B get smacked around by Choice Banded Bulletpunch. Just my thoughts on ice/dragons in the OU

Agonist

I did call it a physical sweeper so of course I was not using it properly. My opinion doesn't change however that its typing leaves it outclassed by many other pokemon that can wallbreak while also having the speed to to be a stand alone threat. Id rather have a multiscale dragonite setup ddance and outrage rather than have my Kyurem-B get smacked around by Choice Banded Bulletpunch. Just my thoughts on ice/dragons in the OU
And in the Dragonite vs Kyurem scenario, know who will win? Kyurem.

tl;dr: They play completely differently, and trying to compare their roles is like trying to compare Politoed to Poliwrath.

hi,

i seek bisharp with sucker punch and knock off.
i've ONE shiny if you want ^^ (psyduck) and strat pokemon.
Tell me with mp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)