Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 38 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FT:
Pokémon:
-Adamant Shiny Mamoswine, ability Snow Cloak, with Icicle Crash, from Unima.
-Naive Shiny Mienshao, with HP Ice, from Unima.
-Jolly Scrafty, ability Moxie, with Dragon Dance and Ice Punch, from Unima.
-Careful Shiny Scrafty, ability Shed Skin, with Drain Punch, from Unima.
-Relaxed shiny Swampert, from Unima.
-Adamant Shiny Croagunk, with Drain Punch, from Unima.
-Shiny Manectric, Timid, from Unima.
-Shiny Ninetales, Timid, from Unima.
-Shiny Chandelure, Timid, from Unima.
-Shiny Reuniclus, Bold, from Unima.
-Timid Shiny Kyogre, from Johto.
-Timid Meloetta, Japanese.
-Timid Shiny Gastly, from Unima.
-Jolly Terrakion.
-Timid Virizion.
-Timid Keldeo, with HP Ghost.
-Timid Shiny Riolu, with Vacuum Wave, Kalos Born.
All flawless(except Riolu, 31-x-x-x-31-31), and all legit.

Item:
Mewtwonite X.

LF:
-Bold or Calm Lugia, with Multiscale.
-Jolly Nobunaga's Rayquaza event.
All of them competitive.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Well there was this time I changed parents like 3 times on the same spread and the third time I happened to get a shiny froakie out of it, so I guess yes, unless someone else can confirm it (stares at Hozu)
Just to confirm (and elaborate):
If using Masuda Method criteria parents (different regions) then the ESV will stay fixed. If both parents are from the same region, the ESV changes each time you receive the egg.

For this reason it's probably best to try and find a foreign Ditto, which means if the test-offspring hatches shiny, it will stay so when you switch parents.

Also (from personal experience) I'd say a 29/29/29/29/29/29 parent and 0/0/0/0/0/0 would be the ideal way to go. This means if you ever get a 30/31, you know it's the randomly generated one, and can react accordingly to try and breed hex-flawless or flawless Hidden Power based around it.

Also, using Magikarp as the test-offspring means it'll hatch in the fewest amount of steps.

Using Togepi (or similar) as the test parent means that if the test-offspring is female, it'll be female for any Pokémon which can be (excluding Nidoran, which will be the opposite gender to what you'd expect for a 1:1 gender ratio, don't ask :/).

Last edited:
Just to confirm (and elaborate):
If using Masuda Method criteria parents (different regions) then the ESV will stay fixed. If both parents are from the same region, the ESV changes each time you receive the egg.

For this reason it's probably best to try and find a foreign Ditto, which means if the test-offspring hatches shiny, it will stay so when you switch parents.

Also (from personal experience) I'd say a 29/29/29/29/29/29 parent and 0/0/0/0/0/0 would be the ideal way to go. This means if you ever get a 30/31, you know it's the randomly generated one, and can react accordingly to try and breed hex-flawless or flawless Hidden Power based around it.

Also, using Magikarp as the test-offspring means it'll hatch in the fewest amount of steps.

Using Togepi (or similar) as the test parent means that if the test-offspring is female, it'll be female for any Pokémon which can be (excluding Nidoran, which will be the opposite gender to what you'd expect for a 1:1 gender ratio, don't ask :/).
Just to clarify, if I find a spread I like but it's offspring is not shiny, I should use two native parents to change the ESV, right?

Does anybody have this movie event Arceus (Naive) with Shadow Force, Roar of Time, and Spaciel Rend (with a good iv set 31/31/31/30-31/31/31)? (Legitiment)

I have the eigakan one, 31/31/31/31/31/31 Naive, no Evs, Lv.100
Cool. But wait? Is it legitiment? If it is, then how can an Arceus with a naive nature have a complete flawless iv set (from the 4th/5th gen)?

EDIT:
I thought only the pokemon with a modest and timid nature can have a flawless iv set on the 4th gen. Or am I mistaken?

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
It can in 5th Gen
Except the Eigakan Arceus was a 4th gen distribution.
Edit: Nvm didn't catch he mentioned 5th gen along 4th gen too.

Diabolico
When in doubt the simple hack checking thread is your answer:
"Generation 4 wonder card events may have any combination of IVs and nature. However, almost every generation 4 event is locked to not be shiny. The only exceptions are Manaphy who can be hatched shiny by transferring the egg to another save file, caught Shaymin and Darkrai from the Platinum Member Card and Oak's Letter events, and always shiny events (Eevee, Pichu, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, and Milotic)"

Cool. But wait? Is it legitiment? If it is, then how can an Arceus with a naive nature have a complete flawless iv set (from the 4th/5th gen)?

EDIT:
I thought only the pokemon with a modest and timid nature can have a flawless iv set on the 4th gen. Or am I mistaken?
Calm and a few other useless ones are also possible iirc.
With a wondercard event with a non-set nature, they can have combinations that aren't possible on wild captures, like hex-flawless Naive

EDIT: I'm always ninja'd .__.

Except the Eigakan Arceus was a 4th gen distribution.

Diabolico
When in doubt the simple hack checking thread is your answer:
"Generation 4 wonder card events may have any combination of IVs and nature. However, almost every generation 4 event is locked to not be shiny. The only exceptions are Manaphy who can be hatched shiny by transferring the egg to another save file, caught Shaymin and Darkrai from the Platinum Member Card and Oak's Letter events, and always shiny events (Eevee, Pichu, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, and Milotic)"
Thanks. I kind of figured. Thanks again, Zero.

EDIT:
cannibal - Thank you as well.

"Generation 4 wonder card events may have any combination of IVs and nature."

Is this okay?

Diabolico and Fenix's Shiny Latias (Timid) (Non-redis)
HP - Fire
IV's: 31/x/31/30/31/30
EV's: UT
Moves: Trick and Hidden Power
(From an Emulator)
(Cloned from an AR device)
(I can trade this. You can't)

Edit: I read your rules and I don't have a trade thread/much rep

"Generation 4 wonder card events may have any combination of IVs and nature."

Is this okay?

Diabolico and Fenix's Shiny Latias (Timid) (Non-redis)
HP - Fire
IV's: 31/x/31/30/31/30
EV's: UT
Moves: Trick and Hidden Power
(From an Emulator)
(Cloned from an AR device)
(I can trade this. You can't)
Sure. My Apologies for making it sound suspicious. I'm just trying to be careful, that's all. Let's talk on vm instead of using this thread as a chatroom.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Anyone got any suggestions for which flabébé to breed shiny (I'm only doing one, too lazy):

Slight personal preference for white, as it's probably the more difficult one to get, but willing to take suggestions. :)

Fine... One blue and one white it is. :P Thanks for the suggestions everyone :).

Last edited:
Anyone got any suggestions for which flabébé to breed shiny (I'm only doing one, too lazy):

Slight personal preference for white, as it's probably the more difficult one to get, but willing to take suggestions. :)
I did Red Flabebe in a Heal Ball with HP Fire myself, but Blue Flabebe in a dive ball looks amazing ;D

I vote for blue flower Dive Ball or the white flower one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)