Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Shouldn't the "S/M OU Banlist" thread say Landorus-Incarnate and not just Landorus?

This is just a nitpick.

(As a side note to anyone who doesn't know, Burnett gives you the Reveal Glass if you talk to her in her lab after completing the second trial.)
It may be the incarnate forme but in game it's the standard forme and just called Landorus. Therian Landorus is the variation, so it is clarified to be lando-t.

Hello, i'm New to smogon and competitive pokemon in general, but I really want to get into it. Is there any section in the 3DS wifi battles (not pokemon showdown) were I can do ranked battles using smogon rules? I know about battle spot but I hate how they force you to use a 3v3 team when pokemon battles have always been 6v6, also I hate how Gf doesn't care for balance at all.

I'm a very competitive person so having a way to track my progress is very important to me.
Smogon isn't an official meta so no, there's nothing on the actual official games that physically imposes Smogon's rulesets.

Two questions really quick:

1) You can get Stealth Rock onto A-Marowak by transferring a Cubone that knows it through Pokebank? I thought that only a Pokemon caught or bred from an Alolan Pokemon could evolve into its Alolan form?
2) What is the most recent usage stats page for Pokebank OU? I tried looking them up but it seems like all of them had Aegislash in the list which hasn't been allowed since before the 29th of November.

I'm doing some breeding in game, but wondering if I should take the time and get outrage on garchomp for my breeds. I haven't played singles competitively in a long time so not sure if anyone uses outrage anymore.

Two questions really quick:

1) You can get Stealth Rock onto A-Marowak by transferring a Cubone that knows it through Pokebank? I thought that only a Pokemon caught or bred from an Alolan Pokemon could evolve into its Alolan form?
The thing that people have concluded from testing with Pikachu is that a "one form" Pokemon evolved in Gen 7 will take its Alola form. Normal Grimer only becomes Normal Muk since Alolan Grimer exists distinctly, but with no Alolan Cubone, normal Cubone in Alola evolve into Alolan Marowak.

The thing that people have concluded from testing with Pikachu is that a "one form" Pokemon evolved in Gen 7 will take its Alola form. Normal Grimer only becomes Normal Muk since Alolan Grimer exists distinctly, but with no Alolan Cubone, normal Cubone in Alola evolve into Alolan Marowak.
Gotcha. Looks like I have some work to do in ORAS again so I can at least have that option in game.

I don't know who you are, so it's not like I don't value your opinion, but can others confirm this? Just would feel more satisfied with more verifying this.
They're not consumable items, no.

Edit: Also, this, from the Metagame Discussion topic.

Couple things about this. The Z Crystal doesn't disappear when you use the Z Move, so Acrobatics wouldn't be a good option. Mixed Tapu Koko with Electrium Z has seen some play, though. Z Wild Charge will nearly OHKO Chansey and Brave Bird can potentially 2HKO Mega Venusaur.

Another notable mechanic is that Z crystals can't be removed by Knock Off, just like with Mega stones. I believe Knock Off only hits for 65 base power as well.

I'm doing some breeding in game, but wondering if I should take the time and get outrage on garchomp for my breeds. I haven't played singles competitively in a long time so not sure if anyone uses outrage anymore.
its still viable on scarfchomp but leads using stealth rocks often run dragon claw

Landorus-Therian is still ludicrously splashable, and I've seen and used a lot of Alolan Marowak. I've seen a little Nihilego, but it's been a few weeks since I've really out any time in OU.

With Smogon concentrating mostly on Pokebank OU, most popular Rockers from ORAS are still usable, but I think Landorus-T was most popular last gen.

I'm resetting for an Adamant Tapu Bulu and I got one with the following IVs:
31 HP / 31 Atk / 31 Def / 14 SpA / 29 SpD / 13 Spe

Now, I don't care about SpD (good enough in my book), but Spe is what made me hesistant whether to keep it or not. Is speed important for band/AV (the two sets I want to use most aside from SubSeed)?

I would say you need the speed IVs, one quick example, if you were to run 252EVs is that now you cannot switch into Manaphy, who now outspeeds and can potentially knock you out with an Ice Beam before you can knock it out.

Other things, if running 0 speed that's outspeed it would include slow Politied for example who might now be able to get off a Hypnosis.

Tapu Bulu is the type of mon who you need it's stats to the fullest due to its versatility. Keep at it!

Reactions: SMZ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)