Slowbro

What advantage does TR CM Bro have over the regular CMer? TR+CM has terrible 4 moveslot syndrome and its so bulky I dont see why being faster is such a huge deal.

Honestly, its trying to do too many things at once. Either be trick room, or be calm mind. Running both really limits him.

Also, if youre running CM, you pretty much need to run slack off. If you get 2 calm minds under your belt, you don't want to switch out so you can heal from regenerate. Maybe you can run with out it, but I feel like you would be sacrificing one heck of a helpful asset to Slowbro.

i'm surprised nobody's contemplated the use of Curse: his Def is great; his Atk is decent; his Spe is low; his SpA and SpD are good enough to stay as is; and his HP is good enough to work with. I'm thinking (this is just being pulled out of my @$$ as i go along)

CurseBro @ Leftovers? Life Orb
Ability: Regeneration, Nature: Brave (+Atk, -Spe)
252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def
~Curse
~Aqua Tail/Scald/Surf/Brine(DW)
~Earthquake/Zen Headbutt/Brine
~Slack Off/Flamethrower

Max HP EVs to increase bulk. Max Atk EVs and Brave to increase Atk and reduce Spe. Curse is the base of this set. If Life Orb is chosen, you can use Slack Off to heal off any damage taken while beefing up. If Lefties are chosen, Slack Off's kind of redundant, especially with Regenerator, so Flamethrower can take the place of Slack Off for coverage against Bugs and Grass-types. EQ for coverage against Electric types and able to put more of a hurt on Fire-types than Surf or Scald-depending on how many times you've boosted-Zen Headbutt for STAB. Scald(Boiling Water) can be taken over Aqua Tail if you prefer that added Burn chance and accuracy over extra power. Surf for extra damage over Scald, and Aqua Tail to get the boost from Curse. Brine can be used in tandem with Slack Off and whichever item to gain the doubled power under 50% health along with STAB. Curse can be useful if you go physical or even mixed, since his Special stats are useable. if opting out of Slack Off or Lefties, Regenerator can always be put to good use after the boosted Brine.
I'm fairly new to competitive battling, and this set was more or less off the top of my head (i have Slowbro's Bulbapedia page up in another tab), and coming up with sets was never my forte :/ any criticism or improvement is welcome and appreciated

bad idea, Curse Slowbro sucks. At least use Slowking, it sucks less.
really? hmm, i guess low speed and respectable Atk and Def don't always mean good Curse user :/ but now that i think about it, Slowking would better, i suppose, since it'd boost his lower stats

Reniculus, your own Slowbro/Slowking, Chansey/Blissey, and Gastrodon come to mind.

Rotom-W and Lanturn are probably the best, though.

I use a Slowbro set like this:

Slowbro @ Lum Berry
Bold, Regenerator
252 Def/252 Sp A/4 Sp D
Fire Blast
Ice Beam
Thunder Wave
Slack Off

It's useful for getting surprise KOs, and as well as spreading around paralysis. Lum Berry to stop status, and give you a turn to paralyse opponents. Able to OHKO Ferrothorn, as well as outspeed it if it tries to switch in. Bulky enough to take most Outrages (haven't been able to play for a while though, so not sure how much exactly, nor from whom), and then either KO with Ice Beam, or at least severley dent them. Great tank overall.

I use a Slowbro set like this:

Slowbro @ Lum Berry
Bold, Regenerator
252 Def/252 Sp A/4 Sp D
Fire Blast
Ice Beam
Thunder Wave
Slack Off

It's useful for getting surprise KOs, and as well as spreading around paralysis. Lum Berry to stop status, and give you a turn to paralyse opponents. Able to OHKO Ferrothorn, as well as outspeed it if it tries to switch in. Bulky enough to take most Outrages (haven't been able to play for a while though, so not sure how much exactly, nor from whom), and then either KO with Ice Beam, or at least severley dent them. Great tank overall.
I use the same set, but with CM over Slack Off and Lefties over Lum. I find that Regenerator + Lefties negates the need for an instant recovery move, though my set suffers from Toxic much more than yours does. That's really the only status Slowbro hates though. That, and sleep I guess though almost everything hates being asleep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)