Monotype SM SubZero Water Team Aka Mono Ice

33774694_1288025671333340_4070795863146889216_n.jpg

What’s up Everybody, KingPiloswine here with my first RMT, My Hyper Offensive Ice team proving that it could be useful, i was able to reach a decent ELO with solid GXE I feel with ice, and will continue to reach even higher when I attack the ladder again sometime soon. Was looking for some feedback on this HO Ice team, I feel it can give a solid run vs most types but as it is ice it is sometimes a struggle and needed to make huge plays. I love using the team and would like it to as successful as possible. I have decided to show off My Sub Zero Water Team.

Manny (Mamoswine) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard

Aurora (Ninetales-Alola) @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Encore

Spike (Sandslash-Alola) @ Life Orb / Groundium-Z
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Mr.Echo (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf / Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 236 Atk / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Outrage

Tusks (Walrein) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Thick Fat
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Blizzard
- Frost Breath
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Red Head (Weavile) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Low Kick

Manny (Mamoswine) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard

Mamoswine is here to set rocks. It can be very crucial in some games on the. But it also provides Endeavor Priority synergy that helps break different types depending on the situation. For example it out speeds Celesteala so in early game sets rocks. Then it will switch till I need to kill something that it outspeeds. Or I lead with my mamo and get a free kill turn 1. By giving it 0 IVs in HP Def and Spe Def it increases damage delt by other mons so I can use Endeavor the most effective I can. It also has Earthquake to get the most damage off as possible as well as sometimes hiding the fact I have Endeavor.

Aurora (Ninetales-Alola) @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Encore

Ninetales-Alola provides screens that help the team stay stronger for later in the game. I have also ran light clay and it helps but the team struggles a little to other types because Sanslash doesn't have enough time to break the opponents team. It also has Encore so I can lock a stealth rocker for example to just using it so I can get a free switch into something or just pressure with my ninetales it also helps to stop set up sweepers who are trying to get the quick win. And Unlike most Ninetales I run Freeze dry so it can beat water types where as blizzard spam cannot. Ninetales also gives the Hail that Sandslash-Alola loves so it can starts it's havoc. With Icy rock get 7 turns of residual damage is also very nice being able to cancel out leftover gains and leaving the opponent without a little extra HP gain

Spike (Sandslash-Alola) @ Life Orb / Groundium-Z
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Sandslash-Alola provides a strong offensive support by slamming things with stab icicle crash and iron head. And earthquake hitting most typings that resist both Ice and Steel. It's ability of Slush Rush being able to Double it's speed to 502 is something that helps provide a great deal of pressure when it can out speed things like Scarf Victini and Scarf Jirachi which are 2 very big threats to the team. Life orb is good for the fact it can switch moves and hit harder, but I also have been using Groundium Z as well and it provides extra damge to OHKO things like bulky Drill who wants to set rock. It also means you don't have to take the extra damage each attack. Finally it has rapid spin which in hail can get it off nearly 80% of the time as long as it's not a base 106 or higher.

Mr.Echo (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf / Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 236 Atk / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Outrage

Kyurem-Black with it's very good typing of Ice Dragon and it's coverage options in Electric, Ground with dual stab giving it a great Bolt Beam as well as Ground. The main problem with it, is the lack of physical ice moves and it lower speed tier. With base 170 attack it hit's everything with massive damage and being able to give no mercy. Scarf helps raise it's speed tier so it can beat mons that it normally can't beat. But Life Orb also helps as a strong wall breaker and being able to switch up moves to make predictions a little easier and stronger. It is a member who makes the match vs Electric and fire a little easier by sitting there and breaking the opponents team. With the ability Terravolt it creates pressure the opponents sometimes forget about. It 2 shots Mimikyu with scarf and one shots after rocks with Life orb. Kyurem-B can also click Earth power a lot without worry of levitate users coming in to stop it.

Tusks (Walrein) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Thick Fat
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Blizzard
- Frost Breath
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Walrein is one of the most important members I feel. It's speed tier makes it so you can out speed Mega Scizor if it goes for something like Swords dance or Superpower but you one shot with HP fire or they go for bullet punch and you tank it then go for the kill. it also helps in the Fire vs ice scenario because of it's ability Thick Fat. It can take nearly any hit and dish out massive damage due to specs surf. It also has Frost Breath which always crit which also means the pokemon who are setting up with calm minds or cosmic power won't be able to auto win as easily. It also has blizzard so when the hail is up from Ninetales. Base 110 never missing attack is incredibly scary and very few things can OhKo it.

Red Head (Weavile) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Low Kick
Weavile's speed hitting 383 making it one of the fastest pokemon. Giving it a scarf may seem bad or useless but when given the scarf it can finally help give Ice the fight vs types it normally doesn't. It outspeeds deoxys-Speed so it can't set up dual screens because Weavile OhKos with Knock off. It also out speeds most other scarves which it can either kill or knock off it's scarf making it so something else can out speed and kill it. Low kick is on there so it can hurt rock and steel types who normally aren't scared of weavile and it can damage them greatly. Pursuit isn't used a whole lot so I've been trying other moves like poison jab but I'm keeping pursuit on it for now unless I get a better suggestion.

[/I was able to hit 1600s twice with this team. At 2 different times with replays from both alts.
33714264_1212898762177039_8084587691980619776_n.jpg
33687246_1212898562177059_241399886707163136_n.jpg

]
Shoutout to GingerNinja87 for making this beautiful banner and SplashBrutha for the help in the beginning of the process

For anyone trying out this team, I wish you the best of luck and I hope you enjoy.

I will try to do more RMT so if there's any suggestions with the way I formatted it as well I would love that as well! Thanks!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)