Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Dragonknight, just a little further CnC on your BnW (since we ARE abbreviating things here) tags, the Zekrom one is especially nice, just please get rid of the border. Anyone who knows me well, knows that I hate borders, and don't just ignore it cause it's my view. It really restricts depth and kinda cuts the banner of a lot. Also, both tags could use a bit more lighting (a bit more darker shades on the outskirts), on the Reshiram one, you used a bit too much blur, but yeah, everything else is pretty nice. ^^

Also, I guess i could use a bit of crit on a few of these ones, they never got rated on the other forums i frequent.

Oh and btw, if you recognise any of these, i haven't stolen them, i'm Renyui! on pokecommunity, the only other place i put my stuff.

Some of my latest work

cnc?
Also i'm new to the forum so can any1 tell my why I can't put sigs in my sig section

Hey, I need some badges that I sketched to be turned into digital forms, then shrunken so that theyre small enough to be displayed on forum,but still well-sized so you can see the basic details of teh badge. Since the pictures were taken from my iphone, I cant really transfer them to here, so if your interested I'll email you my sketches for the badges. Really need this done, thanks ahead of time!

Also i'm new to the forum so can any1 tell my why I can't put sigs in my sig section
This forum doesn't support sigs ): sadly. Hopefully they update it.

btw does anyone know the size of a banner? (approx?) pixels/cm/inch/whatevs.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
This forum doesn't support sigs ): sadly. Hopefully they update it.
Yes it does.

Hint Hint: To all the people asking how to put banners in your sig, you cannot have any kind of image in your Signature if youre a normal user, you can only have images there if you have a Badge.

Sidenote: Those a pretty good banners.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
This logo would be great if made from scratch, but again its up to you
It would be great if you could make a logo with:
A general use of Gold colour
The name- Fiery Knights
You can also add a wing- light blue coloured to each side of the sheild thing.
So if you could have maybe a shield with a sword in gold and it's burning in not so heavy flames. If you wish you can include a pokemon, though that's not necessary. If you could do this it would be great! Thank you so much
Just bumping this since its been missed.. I think

whats the size of a banner?
There is no "size" for a banner. merely what you think is fit for whatever you're making. For example, My banners are often different sizes, as shown here.

Its entirely a preference thing. Some people prefer bigger sigs to have more to work with, but others prefer smaller ones so they don't have to focus on so much of a space.

I suggest starting off with something like 400x180, and then adjusting accordingly.

How do you make these banners? I think they're just pictures posted on an abstract background, but where do you get the backgrounds? Do you have to make them? If so, how?

How do you make these banners? I think they're just pictures posted on an abstract background, but where do you get the backgrounds? Do you have to make them? If so, how?
There are many ways to do this:
Gradient background
c4d background
take the render, enlarge it, and then blur it
paste the render a lot of times, and then smudge it

For the three I posted:
C4d background, which I then blurred.
A base color, and then a wireframe c4d
enlarged and blurred the original render.

there are the ways I usually make them, but simply doing so won't make the banner look good. If making these were that easy, everybody would be cranking them out every 10 seconds and there wouldn't be a point for this thread.

There are many ways to do this:
Gradient background
c4d background
take the render, enlarge it, and then blur it
paste the render a lot of times, and then smudge it

For the three I posted:
C4d background, which I then blurred.
A base color, and then a wireframe c4d
enlarged and blurred the original render.

there are the ways I usually make them, but simply doing so won't make the banner look good. If making these were that easy, everybody would be cranking them out every 10 seconds and there wouldn't be a point for this thread.
Thank you, this actually helped a lot.

So, I think I've found what I've been looking for.
When I joined it was pretty much on trading, battling and learning how to RNG, however, I feel like I should make my stay here more interesting.

I'm a pretty good spriter, I love to make fusions and eggs and stuff, but scratches are not my strong suit at all. I'm also a decent GFXer but I don't think this is the appropriate thread for that. Anyway, here is a showcase, I think It's a year old but oh well.

(Please do not steal anything. If you so want to use something PM me and I can send you the for it. Credit will be required)[/CENTER]

So I guess if you want to request you can post it in here (If i'm allowed to do requests). If you do post in here, please PM me that you did so because I do not want to blow up me email by subscribing and I will not be checking this every five minutes.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)