Smocon 08 - Where?

Where should the 2008 Smocon be held?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
With 2007 came Smocon 07 in Toronto, ON, the first organized meet-up that was planned entirely by Smogon Staff. It was a grand success by all accounts and the participants had a lot of fun.

But now 2008 looms and we need a new location. I've provided some, but we're willing to hear other options as well. If you know you aren't attending don't vote, please.

I've seen a large bit of discussion (mostly by DM I think) saying London, that might be a bit of a stretch!

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Voted NYC, to my knowledge more of the cool people live on the east coast, and given that I live in NJ it's certainly more convenient for me than any of the other locations. Philly's closer to me, but Philly sucks unless you want to get shot.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't think anyone realizes how insanely expensive London is. Its possibly the most expensive city in the world hotel wise, and its not even close. its 1.5x the cost of cities like Paris.

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
I voted Miami because of the weather, which contrasts very much from Toronto (Smocon 07) and NY (JAA Championships). Plus there are lots of womenz.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
London is actually third most expensive, behind Tokyo and Moscow.

But yeah, I would love having NYC as an option since I'm only 2 hours away.

interested in all except Miami tbh

Voted San Diego since I've never done west coast and I'd rather go there than LA

EDIT: noobsters there too!

You should allow people to vote for more than one option. Instead of "where do you want Smocon 08 to be", it would be more like "where are you willing to travel to".

In that case, I'd check Montreal, New York, Toronto, Chicago.

Montreal would be practical for me (obviously) but I'll be a good sport and pick New York because I feel like visiting.

Edit: I'd also go to London.

You should allow people to vote for more than one option. Instead of "where do you want Smocon 08 to be", it would be more like "where are you willing to travel to".

In that case, I'd check Montreal, New York, Toronto, Chicago.

Montreal would be practical for me (obviously) but I'll be a good sport and pick New York because I feel like visiting.
Agreeing with this except not Montreal!!

anyway the last two times this happened I couldn't make it do to scheduling conflicts so hopefully this time things come together a little better, lol

pookar

Banned deucer.
though i will probably not be able to go, obviously because of my age... new york does seem like a good place to go. lots of stuff to do, though a hotel may be a little pricey, regardless of quality

im totally down with new york, its only 8 or 9 hours away from me which isnt much of a problem.

new york, toronto, and montreal are all places i would definitely go, with chicago being a maybe. everywhere else i wouldnt be able to attend.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
well, Toronto was a bit too far for me, plus I was busy moving out of my apartment those exact days, so i had to miss smocon 07. but i really, really want to go to smocon 08. So, hopefully it's somewhere near the east coast of the US. New York would be good. I would probably go as far west as Chicago. Philadelphia wouldn't really be THAT bad, it should definitely be an option. Boston is pretty cool. Baltimore wouldn't be bad. if i can only vote for one, i guess new york though, since it's the only northeast option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)