Blake (Shaymin-Sky) @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Aromatherapy
- Protect

The core of Scarf-Gardevoir and Mega-zor manage to beat a lot of the metagame. Gardevoir beats a lot of dragons, most intimidate users, which makes mega-zor's job that much easier. He acts as my team's bulky wall breaker. I use Knock Off over Superpower because it's more consistent at crippling and doesn't force me to switch afterwards. As far as Feint, I don't find it worth it unless my team works on a timer.

Hitmontop provides his normal crap ton of support. Intimidate softens up a lot of physical attacks and helps everyone take more hits and even lets my frailer 'mons (Gardevoir and Shaymin) take the occasional priority attack. Heatran kills steel types, and walls a lot of the fire threats. For third slot concerns, SR is legit in this meta, HP Ice isn't what it used to be, and I feel Scizor puts the Steel STAB to better use.

Rotom-W is my ChariYard lure and check. I use Rindo Berry because I don't believe in perfect conditions and therefore believe Rotom-W will never be at full health to take a Solarbeam (especially if I need to switch it in). It also lets me invest more in SpAtk. I could probably run HP Rock on Heatran, or maybe just use Gard to check it, but I like SR and don't think Gard gets a straight 0HKO. Also T-Wave over WoW because I have no speed control otherwise.

Shaymin-S was added because Gastrodon and Rotom-W piss me off its STABs are pretty useful, its speed is nice, and it has Aromatherapy, which is a good clutch option when T-wave gets me down or I need Scizor to take a WoW while killing something. It scares a lot of stuff thanks to its speed and power, so it can get a free turn for it, every so often.

TR is an annoyence to this team, so tread lightly there. If I see it, I usually go two of Shaymin, Heatran, Scizor (assuming there's follow me support/ghost as otherwise Hitmontop can buy a turn) based on their team and go for as much damage first turn and hopefully bring something down. Then start protect stalling.

This team is pretty reliable outside of facing TR teams, unfortunately I don't have any noteworthy replays to show for it. I'll keep trying to get one today, though.

I think Totem's team has slightly better synergy than Aura's, slightly better ladder ranking, slightly better win conditions and I don't like Rock Slide over Stone Edge on Ziggy personally so
Blood Totem barely edges out best team this round imo, but Aura's team is really solid. Also, disclaimer that I didn't consider Nollan's team purely out of bias bc I saw it lose in early playtesting too much. It ended up being very intricately built though, good job.

Didn't see all that much creativity this round compared to last round, probably because Gardevoir + Scizor is a very unflexible core (not even good core imo I'll be honest). However, this may just be the bias I have because Scizor and myself have not been compatible as teammates ever since Heatran became really popular (one day I will use Natural Gift Scizor and laugh at you all).

I vote for Darkmalice with BLOOD TOTEM as a close second place. And I don't really have the time to explain why right now; maybe later x_x

YUS I FINALLY MADE A TEAM WITHOUT HEATRAN ON IT EAT THAT

I'm really sorry this is going up so late, my weekend has been pretty crazy. Ultimathunder's having technical problems, so I'm going to go ahead and post this without too much discussion. Regardless, here comes week 3!

WEEK 3:
+

This core is interesting for a number of reasons. Rotom-W and Landorus-T both have great effects, complimentary typing, ways to neuter physical attackers and the ability to run multiple items effectively. The former is immune to the latter's Earthquake spam, and Rotom-W can destroy mons like Mamoswine and Azumarill that threaten Landorus-T. If you really feel like it you can even run a surprise DisQuake combo. Will-O-Wisp on Rotom-W is great, but so is Assault Vest. Both of them can also succesfully run Choice Scarf and Life Orb- there are so many possibilities with just those two. I can't wait to see what the rest of your teams are going to look like!

Probably the first core that I actually use normally.

Alright, finally got into provisional. I started off a bit rough (possibly because I chose to ladder late night, for some reason that never goes well for me x_x), losing a match against Haruno among others, but after some changes and practice, the team delivered very well. Following several high-level wins, the team has peaked at #2 on the ladder (will try for #1 pretty soon).

The Idea Behind the Team
The team plays a bit uniquely compared to most; rather than the typical speed control (though I do have that as well), this team focuses mostly on limiting the power of the opposition's moves. The overall goal is to ware down the opponent slowly by crippling his or her physical attackers, getting up Light Screen if needed, and then slowly beating down on them. A secondary win option is to use the free turns that Breloom and Rotom-W can provide to set up a Kangaskhan-Mega sweep, which I did fairly often. Overall the team worked great in practice, often leaving the opponent completely held down while my attackers did their job.

The Team

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 224 Spd / 252 SAtk / 32 HP
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

Hands down the star of the team. While this set takes some support to bring to its best potential, it delivers phenomenally when played right. I can cripple threats that are usually faster like Kangaskhan-Mega, Landorus-T (though I often simply went for the Hydro Pump against it), and Garchomp with Will-O-Wisp before they even get a chance to attack. Whether it was scouting the opponent's team with Volt Switch, spamming Will-O-Wisp, or simply picking up the pieces left over from Kangashkan-Mega's assault, Rotom-W got the job done efficiently and consistently.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 188 Atk / 192 HP / 128 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Protect

With the team's overall need of longer-lasting Intimidate support, I decided I needed a more bulky Landorus-Therian set, rather than the typical Focus Sash set I liked to use. The given EVs along with Yache allow it to always survive an Abomasnow-Mega's Blizzard from full health. Overall, they are really just useful for making Landorus nice and bulky on the special side as well as the physical side, however. Remaining EVs were put into Attack to give Landorus-T as much offensive presence as possible. Stone Edge is something I prefer over Rock Slide because it has much higher damage output and I prefer to get rid of Flying-types (especially Thundurus) as fast as possible (it also avoids annoying Wide Guards). Honestly, there isn't much more to be said, as Landorus-T did what it does best on this team: keeping physical attackers at bay.

Cresselia (F) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 100 SDef / 40 SAtk / 16 Spd
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Icy Wind
- Helping Hand
- Light Screen

Cresselia fit very nicely on this team, giving Landorus-T another Ground immunity to work with and providing Light Screen support to hold off special attackers. The given EVs allow Psyshock to always 2HKO a 252/0 Hitmontop, and survive a Mega-Heracross Pin Missile (when factoring in Sitrus Berry recovery). 16 Spe EVs allows me to get the jump on 4 Spe Rotom-W and opposing Cresselia. While it probably wasn't really necessary it was nice to get Light Screen up before Rotom-W attacked, or potentially pick it off with Psyshock if it was low on HP. Remaining EVs are dumped into SpD to make Cresselia incredibly bulky specially, which I needed so Cresselia could get Light Screen up repeatedly in the face of special attackers. Icy Wind and Helping Hand were there for general utility and each of them payed off in several matches.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 180 HP / 84 Spd / 244 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

The ever-so-standard Substitute Heatran was chosen as a Sun team and bulky Grass-type check, two things that could often give the three above members quite a bit of trouble. If you don't recognize this set you probably don't play Doubles. 84 Spe is really just a simple speed creep, beating opposing 76 and 80 Spe Heatrans that aim to outspeed Rotom-W. There are actually a lot of threats that aim to hit 209-210 speed to beat Rotom-W, so hitting 211 speed to beat all of them seemed useful. Everything else on this set is absolutely typical, so I'm gonna move on.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Protect

Breloom serves as an answer to Dark-types and Rotom-W, two things that were often left unchecked by the four above members. Because of its frail 60 / 80 / 60 defenses, Focus Sash seemed like a good idea (I often benefited from it greatly, enduring Talonflame Brave Birds, CharYZard Heat Waves, etc, and then retaliating against them with Spore). As far as Breloom goes this is more or less the standard set, so there isn't much to be said.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out

The other 5 members had almost everything covered; the only weakness I might have had (as far as I could see, anyway) was Ghost, though the most common Ghost-types (Aegislash, Jellicent, Chandelure, etc) were already checked. Seeing as I had not made use of a Mega Stone, Kangashkan seemed like a nice way to check any uncommon Ghost-types, as before Mega-Evolving it had Scrappy, allowing it to nail them with Fake Out and Return. It also provided a lot of offensive pressure with Power-Up Punch, and with the given support from my teammates it could easily sweep unprepared teams (and prepared ones once I removed the necessary members). Sucker Punch was nice for the occasional Latios, though my team (except Breloom if its Sash was broken) usually had the bulk to tank even a Specs Draco Meteor if Light Screen was up, so this was just a convenience and was hardly required.

Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-75494471 (Close game due to a well played turn 1 and some hax by my opponent; It shows the usefulness of Icy Wind as an option to fall back on when I can't do my typical Will-O-Wisp shenanigans. As a final note, bulky Heatran is bulky :>)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-75486387 (Not as close this time, though I should be ashamed for not seeing Trick Room coming. Also, I hope to never face a Parental Bond Conkeldurr again. That thing is legitimately scary under Trick Room)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-75478536 (All out sweep against a unusual rain team. I'm mostly showing this just because it demonstrates how evil Breloom + Kangashkan can be)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-75475821 (With a bit of hax I manage to spam Will-O-Wisp like a madman and more-or-less secure victory early on (I was already in a good spot without it, though). Demonstrates the utlity of Will-O-Wisp Rotom-W)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-75464718 (example of how the team tends to play against Trick Room)

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry
EVs: 188 Atk / 192 HP / 128 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 224 Spd / 252 SAtk / 32 HP
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

Cresselia (F) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 100 SDef / 40 SAtk / 16 Spd
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Icy Wind
- Helping Hand
- Light Screen

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 180 HP / 84 Spd / 244 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Protect

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out

Attachments

Last edited:

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
WHY IS THIS THREAD SO DEAD, IT'S NOT EVEN A BAD IDEA.

Anyway, here's my team:
NOT SCARFED (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Protect

WILL-O-WISP (Rotom-Wash) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

MEGA MILF (Kangaskhan) (F) @ Kangaskhanite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch

THE ORIGINAL QT (Shaymin-Sky) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Protect

HEART OF CARDS (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SAtk / 20 SDef
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak

BASICS OF CQC (Terrakion) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Protect

This is the team I used to get reqs. It went 44/6 or something idk.
First up is Landorus and it isn't scarfed. It's not a pretty set to be honest, but I wanted to use Stealth Rock and Explosion provides such lovely, unexpected momentum as we saw in Laga vs Ablast. Sitrus ensures rocks and Explosion and increases overall bulk if that's what I need.
Next is the Rotom. Standard as fuck ik but it performs just fine so I was more than happy with it. EVs are hit hard and have bulk with a bit of speed creep thrown in for good measure. I wasn't really bothered with surviving a Zard Y Solarbeam, I had plenty of other ways to handle big fire lizard. Moves are pretty standard, WoW is damn useful.
Then there's KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN. Khan is too good. I went for speedy mode EVs since you've gotta go fast. Fake Out provides ridiculous support, and Sucker Punch and mega strong Return make it a total bitch to take down. Scrappy is hilarious to fuck with trick room and other Ghost-types.
I've only ever run LO skymin before now and, having used Sash just now, idk why. Focus Sash is amazing on skymin and can turn the tables really quickly. Modest so I can OHKO non bulky landoge with Seed Flare and hit stuff harder like TTar in sand. Earth Power slams the tran and hits a couple of other things too. tl;dr skymin is based.
ALWAYS BELIEVE IN THE HEART OF CARDS. Having never watched Yu-Gi-Oh I decided that it was an appropriate name for spooksword. I've been really damn impressed by the way this thing has performed for me. Wide Guard is incredible on it and it hits so damn hard with Shadow Ball. Sneak is glorious for picking off weakened stuff and KS is standard to stay alive. Sword is also an outlet for Landoge to Explode for free.
Sub Terrak is real. I think it was Lolk who I saw using this and I decided to try it for myself and damn am I glad I did Terrak has swept teams with a bit of support from Kangaskhan. Rock Slide and CC hit tonnes of stuff really damn hard and if you get behind a sub, you're gonna cause some real damage and bait in attacks which you can shrug of with Protect meaning your oponent wastes their turn.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)