Smogon Pokemon League Monotype Tournament Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
ever wonder what a pokemon league of all smogoners would be like? wonder no more. this tournament will allow you to show off your favorite type in style! thats right, your whole team must consist of solely one pokemon type (double typing is ok, ex water/ice or ground/water is ok on a water team). there will be no tiers, however just like the in-game pokemon league, there will be no legendaries allowed. only pokemon that can breed will be permitted. all other standard rules apply.

• Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • No Swagger or Moody
  • No Tiers: A player can use any Pokemon ranked ubers and below.
  • No Legendary/Mythical Pokemon
  • Pertaining to Mega Evolution: Type changes via mega evo cannot qualify a Pokemon for your monotype team. The type will be calculated by the base form of the Pokemon. i.e. Mega Gyarados can be used on a water team, but not on a dark team.
  • This is an ORAS only tournament.
Note: This tournament will be run efficiently and organized. No missed battles permitted. No deadlines will be extended. If you go MIA or miss your match, you will be DQ'd.

That being said, lets have some fun. Sign up below with your FC, IGN and which type you will be using for the duration of the tourney!

(approved by ditto, thanks!)

Last edited:

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Update : I will be playing as well

IGN : Squ!dward
FC : 3110-6334-6852
Type : Water

Im going to keep the signups running through the end of next week or until 16 players have signed up. I will also do my best to prevent typing disadvantages in the matchmaking, at least in the first round. Thanks to all who have signed up so far!

I would also like to participate
IGN: BooBooBaer
FC: 3797-7222-4930
Type: Fairy
Also just to confirm are these Singles or Doubles

Last edited:
This looks really interesting, I haven't got a real monotype team but we'll see what we can do, it will be funny for sure, so I'm in xD
FC: 0447-5661-1020
IGN: Alex
Type: Steel

Slowmobro | 0817-4876-6576 | IGN: Kent
type: poison
This will be a challenge! Lots of water types lol i'll be different.

What is the rule on type changing mega evolutions? Can I use mega gyarados on a dark team? Or mega gyarados on a flying team?

ever wonder what a pokemon league of all smogoners would be like? wonder no more. this tournament will allow you to show off your favorite type in style! thats right, your whole team must consist of solely one pokemon type (double typing is ok, ex water/ice or ground/water is ok on a water team). there will be no tiers, however just like the in-game pokemon league, there will be no legendaries allowed. only pokemon that can breed will be permitted. all other standard rules apply.

• Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • No Swagger or Moody
  • No Tiers: A player can use any Pokemon ranked ubers and below.
  • No Legendary/Mythical Pokemon
  • Pertaining to Mega Evolution: Type changes via mega evo cannot qualify a Pokemon for your monotype team. The type will be calculated by the base form of the Pokemon. i.e. Mega Gyarados can be used on a water team, but not on a dark team.
  • This is an ORAS only tournament.
Note: This tournament will be run efficiently and organized. No missed battles permitted. No deadlines will be extended. If you go MIA or miss your match, you will be DQ'd.

That being said, lets have some fun. Sign up below with your FC, IGN and which type you will be using for the duration of the tourney!

(approved by ditto, thanks!)

Smokey
steel
0318-9047-2522

im in.
ign Shiguy 2
fc 0688 5502 4617
team water/fire
you understand you have to choose whether you are using only fire pokemon or only water pokemon not both Example you could have swamper for a water or a ground team but then you wouldn't be able to have a fire pokemon as the only water fire pokemon is Volcanion and since he hasnt been released im pretty sure that would go against wifi rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)