Smogon Premier League VII - Week 9 (read post #313)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
gg frenben
gonna do shoutouts in the next days
im unhappy with my record but whatever its just pokemon :D
we are a cool team and i enjoyed this season a lot.
the middle of the season is why we didnt deserve to make play offs but im happy we could end this with 2 wins and 1 tie although i lost the last 2 weeks

GooOOOOO CRYOS <3

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Now we're out for real. Had lots of fun this season, so thanks Tigers and sorry for going out like that. Though, I felt like Honor deserved to play more than me and he ended up doing pretty well. It was really exciting watching the last few games of this week since they mattered a lot and we almost made it. Lots of games came down to luck, both for and against us, but that's how Pokemon works. Anyway, rooting for sharks obviously... so you guys better win. Competitive Pokemon is dead to me with this being over for us, just don't enjoy it like before anymore and I totally lost my touch. Not gonna be around anything tournament related after this so goodbye niggas

This was a pretty awesome experience getting to assistant manage a team that had so many good players / wonderful presences on it. There isn't a single person on our team that I don't like, and all of you contributed in different ways. We had terrible luck directly contribute to two of our losses (and to be fair, our win vs the Falcons), but we were definitely good enough to reach the playoffs. Things just didn't go our way; that's life.

Shoutouts etc, in no particular order

Asuya - You should have had a 4-2 or 5-1ish record without your horrendous luck, there's no question you going undrafted was a joke and you did a nice job manning the BW OU slot for us
atomicllamas - (penguin)(penguin) I know you are better than your 3-4-??? record indicates, you had some pretty cool ideas throughout SPL (hello shuca Diancie) and RU games are always fun to watch
ben gay - You played extremely well over the 2nd half of the year and were always a great presence in the team chat.TY for giving Omastar a 100% win rate! Let's meet in OST finals yn
mencemeat - Like Asuya, your luck was terrible. A shame, as you played really well throughout the season and were another chill presence in our group. Definitely worth the 13k imo
Escavalier - You got a couple of starts and split them, and I suspect that if you keep putting in work you'll get many more in future SPL's. Thanks for everything
Tokyo Tom - Someone who I wanted to get more playing time than he actually got, you were the very definition of a super sub. Always active and helpful, you'd make a good manager if you decide to go that route next year
Blast - I wish your last match-up weren't so unwinnable, but it was still fun watching you play. You're +.500 over the past two SPL's in a pretty deep tier, and that's impressive
JabbaTheGriffin - Yeah I don't suspect anyone is gonna question your retain after this year. Not only did you win the vast majority of your games, you dominated many of them
Lady Bug - Awesome presence and you managed to get some wins for us in a stacked tier. I know you will always be a Shark at heart, but you made for one helluva Tiger
Sapientia - Glad that we got you a start in week 9 and I hope you had fun playing. You were active and helpful and that's all I could have asked for
Earthworm - Absolutely dominant throughout the year, you proved you still have it and are one of the most feared players on the site. Sorry we couldn't get you a trophy, you deserve another one for sure
Honor - Damn, you came up clutch with two huge wins weeks 8 and 9. Great job keeping your head up after a couple of tough losses and I look forward to seeing how you do next SPL
ToF - Like Tokyo Tom, I wanted to get you another start somewhere, but you were active when you could be. Best of luck in your future endeavors
qsns - You played really well across multiple tiers, winning in NU and outplaying Meru in RU only to lose to some atrocious luck. MajorBowman wound up splitting time with you in Doubles but you proved to be a valuable asset to our team and will be highly sought after next year
MajorBowman - 4-0. Nothing more needs to be said. Great job this year
Floppy - Sorry we couldn't get you some more RBY starts, but you improved our depth & I wish you the best of luck next year
Golden Gyarados - Thanks for repping RBY for us, despite your overall RBY luck. i learned a lot about the tier from watching you play & you explaining plays after the game
dodmen - You wound up doing pretty well considering this was your first SPL. That last game was depressing with the overall rough luck but there's no question you were one of the stronger UU'ers out there
OP - Adorable user! I should have asked you for more playtests, so my bad on that, but your overall play this year was solid and I liked how fearless / not nervous you were. That's a great attribute to have in future SPL's
Thatsjustpeachy - Glad you could join the team midseason and be a positive presence. You and our other BW players had some good synergy and you will always be a Tiger at heart
tennisace - We came so close this year and probably would have made the playoffs with neutral luck. Thanks for the opportunity to assistant manage!

Also hats off to Tricking for his week 9 win, you were cool as well when you were on this team.

Rooting for the Wolfpack to take it home.

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
our 9 - 3 week came too late :(

Shoutouts to all scoots, but major props to ADV God Mael (for being a good enough team builder to carry me through this season) and xray (who's just an all round great guy :) and for playing what is probably the single best game of ORAS I'll ever witness). You guys all made my last SPL a ton of fun. Other shoutouts to Omfuga and Finchinator for making it fun to come play mons every week.

Big props to BKC, bro fist, and Jirachee for picking me up to play this year even knowing I was an activity threat/kind of apathetic/etc. <3 you all, and thanks for taking the risk with me for one more year (BKC pls refrain from posting too many logs about my PURELY HYPOTHETICAL life questions tyvm)

Finally, Nails and SilentVerse, you two will always be two of the best guys I've met here. Thanks for keeping me afloat with mons all these years, love ya both :')

Last edited:

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
im really proud of everyone on my team this season. of course i really wanted us to make playoffs but the reality is that more than half the teams in spl don't make it, and we were in the running until literally the last day of the regular season. i don't really have any regrets; you guys worked hard all season, supported each other, and just did your job. going into the season the team was mostly people i haven't played with before, but i'm glad i got to know you over the past few months.

Asuya - the most passionate guy on the team, hands down. if i had known that before the season, you definitely wouldn't have gone undrafted. i'm really glad we ended up with you, and there's no way you're going undrafted next year :]

atomicllamas - kevin (celebrate)(dog)(sun)(dog)(celebrate) (ninjacat)(beer)

ben gay - im glad you found your groove (and your luck) later in the season. you're one of the most innovative OU players i've seen in a long time, and i was extremely glad to have you on my team.

Blast - one of the best players in one of the deepest tiers. you really put in work this season, and you proved you were one of the most consistent players in the tier the last couple seasons. looking forward to working with you in the future!

dodmen - you certainly did well for yourself in your first SPL ever. hopefully next season you'll be a little less unlucky!

Earthworm - true story: a few weeks before the auction, i had already started making a draft plan. one night, i was chilling on irc while drinking when mizuhime told me you were going to sign up this season. i immediately msg'd sweep that i was scrapping our draft plan entirely and that we were getting you no matter what the cost. you proved this season why you're one of the best to ever play the game.

Escavalier - super chill guy, i'm glad i got the opportunity to work with you and get to know you a bit. i have a feeling you're going great places in the tournament scene, and i'm excited to see what happens next with you!

Floppy - floopy :] im glad you came back to the tigres, you're one of the coolest vets i've gotten the chance to work with.

Golden Gyarados - i think you were the most underrated RBY player going into the season, but you did really well imo in the most luck-heavy tier. congrats again on your engagement; if there's an open bar i'm crashing it.

Honor - you were one of the most helpful guys on the team, always willing to work with anyone who needed it. super clutch at the end of the season too after starting off unlucky. i'm looking forward to working with you in the future!

JabbaTheGriffin - i think i owe you a beer or four next time we meet for making me look like a damn genius. you better stick around for next year to teach these younguns how it's done in ADV! i'm super glad you were a tigre again, and i'm looking forward to hopefully having you anchor our ADV next season too.

Lady Bug - i'm super glad that you spent your (alleged) last season of spl with us. you gave us a solid veteran presence and you were always around helping test whenever people asked. i've long considered you one of the best tournament players on smogon, and now i know you're also one of the best teammates too.

MajorBowman - major "literally the worst pickup in spl history" bowman, seems like you did pretty ok for yourself?? idk man it's almost like i knew what i was doing when i drafted you :O

mencemeat - i'm really glad i ended up drafting you. you're one of the best OU players i've had in any season, and even when you weren't playing, you were always helping anyone who needed it.

OP - little metagame, big talent. you were the guy we wanted to play LC before the season, and i'm glad that it worked out how it did.

qsns - you did rly good this season even if you got absolutely mangled by the RNG a couple times. you're definitely going to find your way into spl for years to come.

Sapientia - even though you didnt play much, you were still a really valuable part of our team. you're a very solid veteran and you always helped test whenever anyone needed it. i was glad to have you back, and i'd be glad to have you back in the future!

Sweep - chris (puke) shut the fuck up with this whole "wahh wahh imma quit smogon" bullshit, you'll be back assmanning next season and you fuckin know it. <3 u buddy

Thatsjustpeachy - if you really are going to throw in the towel, then i'm glad you got to end it with us. you've been one of the best people i've had the pleasure to work with throughout the past 5(!!) seasons. lets be real tho, you never throw in the towel when you say you're going to ;)

ToF - you gave us some great veteran advice throughout the season, and that's way more valuable than pure wins and losses. i'm really glad i got the opportunity to work with you this season!

Tokyo Tom - if asuya was the most passionate, then you were 1a. you were one of the best players at supporting the team i've had the pleasure to work with in any SPL.

i really hope i'll have the chance to manage again next season; this tournament is always my favorite part of the year on smogon. again, i loved working with each and every one of you and i'm super proud of you all. you really came together as a team in every sense of the word, and you made this spl one of the most enjoyable i've had in a long time.

shoutouts hugo.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It wasn't our season, but it was still a good season. Thanks for putting up with me as a first year manager guys, and thank you all for trying so hard all season, even when we were out. I’d like to think we could have been a top team if a few of the earlier weeks went a little better in the odds portion of things but overall it was a very enjoyable season and I'm happy with each and everyone of you.

Funkasaurus - Thank you for letting me on as the assistant manager even though I have no experience with managing in SPL, it was a great season despite our record and it’s been a really good experience for me and will hopefully make me a better manager in the future. You’re an extremely good guy and one of my better friends on smogon.com and always will be, glad we got to share this experience but wish our luck could have gone a little better.

Finchinator - It’s very refreshing seeing someone like you come along, a person who prepares as hard as you do and a person who is as good as you. Im glad we got you into BW this year and im very happy that you were able to shine, you’re a very friendly and helpful person and you were there for all of your teammates when they needed you, you’ll be one of the better, most underrated players on this site for a while but don't let that stop you. #finchtour21 y/n

d0nut - 3k steal. Finch approached us early season when he knew he had -6k to spend on every tier and told us how much of a god you were. Turns out he was very right. Being able to fight with the big dogs of GSC is not an easy thing to to do. Very chill person and a very good teammate to have, hopefully you’re around for many seasons and I think Central needs to thank us for finding their gscer for the near future.

ZoroDark - For someone who doesn’t play LC you sure turned it around in the second part of the season, ending with that clean 5-4 record and shutting up the LCers is something to be proud of ;). Hope you get to play some real tiers in SPL eventually and show how good you truly can be, though.

rozes - The NU lord himself, it’s a shame you got a little burned out towards the end of the season, you truly have the potential to be one of the best nu players. Again, you were a finch suggestion, this nerd truly knows what he’s talking about… Take a break for a little and come back twice as strong, I hope to see you in SPL next year roses you’re truly a great person to have around and a great teammate.

bugzinator - “The Chosen One” i’ll be honest, i wasn’t happy with how you acted after mid. but you’re a very good player and very good at UU, as much as I like teal6 I'm glad that you could beat him and stop the prefect record. Stay around for a while and im sure you’ll be the top uu player on the site.

HANTSUKI - The BR Queen and the all around God Like Sub. It’s a shame you didn’t want to start all season but you still made major contributions to the team, helping with every tier you knew and subbing into tiers you didn’t and winning. You’re a great player and very underrated, happy to team with you like always :D

BLINGAS - The big for life, thank you for stepping up after week 3 and starting doubles every week, you’re a great builder and player who can always use the most random shit and still win. You made everyone realize how fucking good Hoopa is too.

Reymedy - One of the most unlucky players i’ve ever seen, but you’re still one of the better oras players in my eyes, Senpai has taught you well. Even with the rough luck early in the season you still did okay and im glad you were such a good presence in the team chan, willing to help others with whatever.

Malekith - Daddy! Honestly I was a little disappointed when you didn’t want to GSC at the start of the season but that let us find d0nut the king. DPP is your home anyways so it worked out. I never realized just how amazing of a player you really were and some of the shit you brought when we were already out is amazing. Lord knows how much longer you’ll be around on Smogon but it’s always enjoyable to be on a team with you.

MetalGro$$ - The man who broke Lavos calc. I don’t understand how one person could be so unlucky and it’s absolutely amazing that any of it happened. You’re one of the better RBY players out there and I know you hate the tier but you should keep up with it. You’re a real good guy and a great personality to have on the team. Hopefully we can team together in the future and your luck turns around.

SilentVerse - An Ru legend coming back after mid season to drop people on their necks with teams made by Nails. Good guy, great player, hopefully you get back into pokemon more so next year you can be a threat all season. League sucks.

boudouche - El Doucher, Gym Leader Doucher, Franch. You had a rough season but you’re still one of the better players around, ORAS is a bad tier, and im sorry that you had to be stuck in it when I know you wanted to DPP. One year you’ll be able to play it for a full season I promise :( . Love you though you’re a great friend and a great person to be around

McMeghan - Just not your season, you know that. Odds. Unfortunate though, I don’t need to tell you how much you mean to the team or how great you are you already know this ;). Love you though hopefully you play against next SPL. or even manage. Stay around friendo :D

Improbable - I know you didn’t get to play much but you still did good when you did play, great teammate and a great person to have in the channel helping with anyone who needed it. Hopefully you can carry central to victory and stay around and grow as a player.

galbia - you kinda vanished after mid? but you did your part and helped us in RU during the firs half of the season, you’re a good player just have to get more use to the tournaments. Keep on and you’ll grow as a player and become of the better low tier players on smogon.

Sken - A valuable LC pick up at mid, you came on and helped out zoro with his teams and proved to be a valuable person in our after mid success, whatever little of it we had. You’re a good player and hopefully you can shine in LC tours later.

Laga - I wont lie because you’re a good friend, activity sucked, you played like shit, and I know you could have done better, stop playing league and come back next year stronger then you were last year. Outside of that I hope you’re real life is going well and all your band stuff is good. but for the love of god stop playing league more than anything -.-

Vileman - you’re cute.

We didn't finish last, shoutout wolfpack

Bigs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)