Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
How do you get a pokemon sprite gifs in your posts? I see everyone doing this and I have no idea how to.
By pressing Ctrl+P or pressing on the Image button at the text options, you can insert an image in your post. You can also use BB code with image URLs from the Pokemon Showdown sprite index.
Code:
Black/White animated sprites:
[IMG]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/bwani/<your Pokemon here>.gif[/IMG]
Code:
Black/White Shiny animated sprites:
[IMG]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/bwani-shiny/<your Pokemon here>.gif[/IMG]
Code:
Gen 6/7 animated sprites:
[IMG]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/<your Pokemon here>.gif[/IMG]
Code:
Gen 6/7 Shiny animated sprites:
[IMG]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani-shiny/<your Pokemon here>.gif[/IMG]
Code:
[IMG]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/bwani/deerling-summer.gif[/IMG]
gives:

Code:
[IMG]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/bwani-shiny/deerling-summer.gif[/IMG]
gives:

Code:
[IMG]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/deerling-summer.gif[/IMG]
gives:

Code:
[IMG]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani-shiny/deerling-summer.gif[/IMG]
gives:

Tenebricite

Leader of the Pawniards
is a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Has anyone from Smogon ever won the VGC?
I don't think anyone has announced themselves winning the VGC on the Smogon forums or site, or a winner of the official VGC said that they were playing in the name of smogon. Beyond that, it's pretty hard to judge what "from smogon" means. Also, know that I don't follow VGC at all, so know that I may be wrong about this although I think what I stated is correct.

Has anyone from Smogon ever won the VGC?
I don't think anyone has announced themselves winning the VGC on the Smogon forums or site, or a winner of the official VGC said that they were playing in the name of smogon. Beyond that, it's pretty hard to judge what "from smogon" means. Also, know that I don't follow VGC at all, so know that I may be wrong about this although I think what I stated is correct.
BlueCookies isn't around anymore, but he won three World Championships in a row, which is a pretty amazing feat. Wolfey's also a World Champ.
I have a neat idea for an april fools prank. Who do I suggest it to?
Best bet would be to tell a senior staff member. If you wanna just PM the idea to me, I'll pass it along to the others~

Raidx

Banned deucer.
Whenever I go to the page that lists badge holders, it says "A server error has occurred. Please try again later". Was that thread deleted or is this just some strange bug? If it was deleted an explanation would be great.

Tenebricite

Leader of the Pawniards
OUPL Champion
Whenever I go to the page that lists badge holders, it says "A server error has occurred. Please try again later". Was that thread deleted or is this just some strange bug? If it was deleted an explanation would be great.
The same thing happened with me, and the only explanation immediately provided is that it was a "server error." I'd assume it's a bug, and it isn't specific to a certain account, as like I said earlier, the same thing happened with me. I don't see why it would be deleted, but I can't offer any explanation beyond that.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
The same thing happened with me, and the only explanation immediately provided is that it was a "server error." I'd assume it's a bug, and it isn't specific to a certain account, as like I said earlier, the same thing happened with me. I don't see why it would be deleted, but I can't offer any explanation beyond that.
The page does not come with the forums by default, it was custom added a number of years ago and still has to be readded / reconfigured for the new forum software. It was down for some time after the switch from vbulletin to xenforo 1 for the same reason, and readding it is on the to-do list for forum fixes.

Raidx

Banned deucer.
The page does not come with the forums by default, it was custom added a number of years ago and still has to be readded / reconfigured for the new forum software. It was down for some time after the switch from vbulletin to xenforo 1 for the same reason, and readding it is on the to-do list for forum fixes.
Oh that's interesting, ty.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
What are all the ways of getting a badge?
And also why not have more OMs for ladder?
Dragon Heaven and ROM have a heckload of OMs up at all times; this makes them all really low on players. The rotational ladders and OMOTM let things have their time in the spotlight where everyone's attention can be focused; if an OM does get a big enough following to have its own permanent ladder then it is eventually done!

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Forum related question, but I find that sometimes whenever I get tagged in something, the tag doesn't work and I get notified at all. I've missed quite a few tournament matches because of this and I know I'm not the only one that has encountered this problem. Is there any way to fix it?

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Forum related question, but I find that sometimes whenever I get tagged in something, the tag doesn't work and I get notified at all. I've missed quite a few tournament matches because of this and I know I'm not the only one that has encountered this problem. Is there any way to fix it?
This is a known bug and so far there is no fix for it.

Tenebricite

Leader of the Pawniards
OUPL Champion
If missing tourney matches is the problem you can always make a physical list of ones you've signed up for and cross them out when they're over.

I was hoping you guys could help me figure out how the base stat graphs are created on the Smogon dex. You know, the horizontal bar graph with HP, Attack, Defense, etc.

I know they have a total of 255 and are color coded (green = high and red = low) but is there an easy way to find the code for how long the bars are or what color they are? Or even better an appplet or something that you can input your own values and it will make the chart for you?

I am starting a randomized run (just for fun) and I want to make profiles of my team members with their randomized stats.

This question doesn't have that much to do with Smogon or competitive battling, but you guys are the most knowledgeable around! I've looked everywhere for this kind of tool, but since I'm pretty new I think I'm not looking in the right place. So I was hoping you could point me in the right direction.

Thank you for your time!

Tenebricite

Leader of the Pawniards
OUPL Champion
I was hoping you guys could help me figure out how the base stat graphs are created on the Smogon dex. You know, the horizontal bar graph with HP, Attack, Defense, etc.

I know they have a total of 255 and are color coded (green = high and red = low) but is there an easy way to find the code for how long the bars are or what color they are? Or even better an appplet or something that you can input your own values and it will make the chart for you?

I am starting a randomized run (just for fun) and I want to make profiles of my team members with their randomized stats.

This question doesn't have that much to do with Smogon or competitive battling, but you guys are the most knowledgeable around! I've looked everywhere for this kind of tool, but since I'm pretty new I think I'm not looking in the right place. So I was hoping you could point me in the right direction.

Thank you for your time!
Hey, nice Bisharp avatar :]

The closest thing I believe there is to the app you're looking for is the teambuilder on play.pokemonshowdown.com, and while you can't 'randomize' pokemon's base stats (what the stat graphs on the SmogDex are based on, of course) you can make custom profiles with different natures, IVs, EVs, and moves on the Pokemon Showdown team builder. Basically, if you're looking to randomize BSTs (base stat totals) you can't do that, but on the teambuilder, you can modify natures, moves, etc. to make custom profiles. If you're looking for a random team for a randomized run, Pokemon Showdown has a command for that as well.

Hey, nice Bisharp avatar :]

The closest thing I believe there is to the app you're looking for is the teambuilder on play.pokemonshowdown.com, and while you can't 'randomize' pokemon's base stats (what the stat graphs on the SmogDex are based on, of course) you can make custom profiles with different natures, IVs, EVs, and moves on the Pokemon Showdown team builder. Basically, if you're looking to randomize BSTs (base stat totals) you can't do that, but on the teambuilder, you can modify natures, moves, etc. to make custom profiles. If you're looking for a random team for a randomized run, Pokemon Showdown has a command for that as well.
Thank you! But ah, yes, I am looking to change the actual base stats and have a visualization of that, without any IV/EVs. I used Dabomstew's open source universal randomizer, and it has the option of creating a log file after the randomization. So in that file I can look up the Pokemon and see the total base stats that were assigned to them, which can be very different than what they should be! (Sometimes in a good way, sometimes not)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)