Playoffs Smogon Tour Season 35 Playoffs [Won by MichaelderBeste2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

fade

pistol pete
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
MPL Champion
live recorded star vs nat for last round

1. Skypenguin vs 9. MichaelderBeste2 - two good players both farmed their r1 opponents the sm game should be super enjoyable to watch. I think heute is the better player but has a tendency to reuse teams/cores a lot and skype is a good prepper but is also very comfortable in sm and his ss is still good. Don't think I've seen him play sv but heute wasn't good there in spl.

2. Luthier vs 10. Nat - I like how Luthier played last round it felt like he kept his cool and knew what he had to as he was surprisingly patient in the sm game though he seems resigned to being unable to win an sv game ever. Nat took down star r1 while being down 0-1 and feeling like she won a lost game in sv and having sm for last. She made blunders in the ending of both games she won though but played/pivoted really well to put herself in winning spots. She's great at sv good at ss and competent at sm where I would just say Luthier is good at ss and sm. I think of these two Luthier was the better player from r1, having an easier opp doesnt take away from him playing well and feel like nat succumbs to nerves easier than he does but I see her not letting him outplay her and getting to semis.

14. crying vs 11. Isza - cool series between two good friends I understand you both look up to me very much and want to be a smogtour semifinalist just like me. Only 2 turns out of isza's entire series come to mind that I didn't like and vs a better/more experienced opponent across 3 gens they are (probably) better than you at that's super impressive. I really like him calling punny on his plays in the sm game giving him no mileage out of his weavile and taking the gliscor for reuni trade in sm. Crying played pretty well throughout their series and seems to not be self goobing in the builder as much as normal, their sm and ss teams used normal mons with mostly normal sets apart from the terrible dittos. Think this will come down to ss. with crying taking the enabler gen and isza taking sm.

4. xavgb vs 5. SoulWind - both were a little lucky + good last round, just gut bolding stresh after remembering him beating 3 or 4 great players in a row last years ost.

really fire top 8 all of these matchups should be fun gl isza and nat will try to record some of these as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)