Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: February 2015 (See Post 222 for April Quick Rises/Drops)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
A little silly... Contrary Serperior was released January 9th and despite only being present for two-thirds of the month, it still managed to rack up enough OU usage to rise if you count this individual month, but since we go off of three month stats, it looks like it's going to take an extra three months for this thing to rise. :pirate:

Looks to be pretty good in UU with the tier shifts though, as its 113 Speed tier is much more important with two 115s gone and one of each of 108, 105, 100, and 85 mons coming into the tier.

AMAZING TIERS SHIFT !

It will stay into our memory for a long time, for sure. Basically, Psychic is best in OU, Monsters walk down to the UU, and Claydol finally DROPPED TO NU. I've been dreaming such a tiers shift for so long it's not even believable

I never thought I'd see the day that Mega Pinsir would be available to play below OU. I absolutely have to get into UU now. The monster is here.

| 25 | Breloom | 7.363% |

Breloom gets too much usage in OU

All it does is Spore something and die, which does not even help when Celebi is increasing in usage

One other thing I do not understand:

| 39 | Zapdos | 4.842% |
| 40 | Diancie | 4.469% |
| 41 | Manectric | 4.380% |

Why the hell is Manectric being used LESS than Zapdos? Zapdos is not even that good in OU

it looks like it's going to take an extra three months for this thing to rise.
Wait! Aren't tier shifts seasonal? We should have one more at the beginning of March. January and February shifts were exceptions because of the data loss.

My thoughts:

Celebi moved from UU to OU Not really surprised, actually pretty good in the OU meta rn
Heracross moved from OU to UU Heracronite is BL iirc, normal should still be decent
Armaldo moved from NU to PU NU got Claydol, so not a big loss, esp since Armaldo is ass
Pidgeot moved from RU to UU Effectively rendering 1/3 of that RU suspect test moot
Gligar moved from RU to UU Also not a big surprise
Heliolisk moved from RU to NU Will be at least decent in NU, maybe worth a look
Glalie moved from NU to RU >exploding your mega No seriously, this was kinda expected
Salamence moved from OU to UU Still BL, will get retested eventually
Manaphy moved from BL to OU Another underrated mon, good to see it back up by usage
Torkoal moved from NU to PU Haven't played a ton of NU, so I don't really know/care about this one
Sceptile moved from RU to UU Well, I need to redo my RU team again n_n
Terrakion moved from OU to UU See Salamence (ninja'd on this one, but w/e)
Pawniard moved from NU to PU See Torkoal
Diancie moved from UU to OU Gee, I wonder why...
Serperior moved from BL2 to UU Make that 2/3 of the RU suspect test
Quagsire moved from RU to NU Enjoy that Shell Smash, Gorebyss
Virizion moved from RU to NU A bit of a surprising shift. Might go back up now that Sceptile and Serperior are gone
Claydol moved from RU to NU About goddamn time. Now we just need Ambipom and Hitmonchan
Mawile moved from RU to NU Yeah, pretty much a given, but it will at least be usable again
Raikou moved from UU to OU Much deserved, may eventually kick Zapdos/Megaman down
Kabutops moved from NU to RU Back where it belongs
Musharna moved from BL4 to NU RIP BL4
Bouffalant moved from PU to NU Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Scyther moved from PU to NU See Torkoal
Pinsir moved from OU to UU Pinsirite is almost guaranteed BL, normal prob wouldn't do very well
Jirachi moved from UU to OU UU players can stop complaining now. In a similar boat with Manaphy and Raikou
Probopass moved from NU to PU Again, see Torkoal
Accelgor moved from NU to RU Spikes stacking may become viable in RU, esp since this thing can beat Kabutops if it carries Giga Drain
Starmie moved from UU to OU The reign continues

LOL Terrakion in UU... you can't be serious, happy to see Mence back tho
FlcL said he was going to be BL, but it isnt mentioned in the tier drop , its says: Terrakion to UU, , why didnt it just say Terrakion to BL instead

Btw will heracross and pinsir mega stones be allowed or not ¿?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)