Smogon Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournament

I've seen enough interest, so I may as well make this thread. I'm hosting a Yu-Gi-Oh! tournament, to be held over YVD (Yugioh Virtual Desktop). You can download YVD here. This is a great chance for you guys to flex your trading card game muscle, or even find a platform to get back into the game on!

Tournament rules
1. All players must carefully familiarise themselves with the latest rulebook and follow the rules carefully.
2. If there is a dispute in terms of rulings, refer to the Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki.
3. Game discussion will be held on #yugioh, on irc.synirc.net. This can also be used to schedule matches and find some help for your deck! (yes I'm shamelessly plugging #yugioh but who cares)
4. You may only use one deck throughout the whole tournament.
5. The tournament is knockout, played in Matches (not Duels!) ie. best of three (Victory Dragon is banned anyway).
6. No player may reveal the contents of their opponent's deck.
7. Each player may use a 15 card Side Deck.
8. Creativity is encouraged, unlike Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh! is actually boring if you use the same top tier teams, I mean decks.
9. It is advised that players compete whilst sober. Nobody wants to duel a drunk Hobo Joe.

Signups
I'm stopping signups at 32, letting a few more subs in if they want. Matches will be selected using Bracketmaker.
1. Thorns
2. Puggy
3. moot
4. Plus
5. Igor
6. Hobo Joe
7. coolking49
8. xtreemmasheen3k2
9. Ballad
10. Mr.378
11. Atlas
12. Class
13. imperfectluck
14. TDS
15. Pidge
16. Cubed
17. Kannon
18. drcossack
19. Navy
20. afroninja22
21. Raikou151
22. Ancien Regime
23. Atryoki
24. God Bless Atheism
25. Zakkusu
26. Game_Freak201
27. LightWolf
28. Bender

Subs
1. Eraddd
2. Vader
3. EueuQ

subs pm me

when's this going to start? i'd really like to play but i'd have to refamiliarize with a few months worth of metagame (like from blackwings release on probably...)

I'm so fucking in!

asim, you havent really missed much except for teleDAD being fuckstomped by the banlist and rituals got better with djiins. Also Blackwings got way better and a few things got some support, like geminis.

i used to play yugioh alot, until GX came along and ruined it. I still have my beastly pre-GX deck though. Lets see how I do. In

I want in. Though I've only had a couple of YVD duels so I'm not used to it yet. :P

A lil off topic but, anyone going to SJC next weekend? :P

zapzap29

The obssessive man of passion
I'd like to ref some matches if possible. I'm pretty good with rulings and I'd like to give some feedback.

EDIT: Also will this tournament be played with the current banlist?

Yeah, this tournament will be done with the latest banlist. I don't know how you'd go about reffing matches, since as far as I know, YVD doesn't have a spectator option. If you can find a way, please tell us!

zapzap29

The obssessive man of passion
If there isn't a spectator option I guess people could inform me about the time of the matches and they could ask me questions on rulings and the like while they are dueling.

unfortunately atlas they haven't invented a yugioh card slot in computers yet so you'll have to use a fake deck

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
in if you need a sub? I'll need time to learn the game again, I haven't played since 2005. I'll be an easy win though. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)