Smogon's Official World Cup Discussion (Congrats to Glaucius on winning Pick'em!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
It's almost as if the swiss offense is disowning their shitty defense, and going out of their way to make a point.

Fuck Kuipers for ending the game, that goal would've brought the avg back to 3 per game :\

But seriously, fun stuff.

why the fuck would the referee blow the whistle right when benzema is about to shoot

insane game from an insane tournament, certainly the best World Cup i've watched since I've been alive (as long as the knockout stages aren't all 0-0s)

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
I think this time `France gonna win with thier superb defence and offensive plays
Benezema is playing like a monster

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
wow nice goal in the most hyped match of the world cup: Ecuador vs Honduras it is so obvious that the winner wins the cup.
Wow, the sarcasm there was completely unwarranted. Yeah, the match isn't much and the teams aren't great and I don't really care for it. But there's two entire countries full of people who give a shit. And both of these teams have a shot of making it to the top 16, however difficult it might be.

Don't watch it if you don't think it's much, throw out your abuse if they've done something wrong but don't say shit about the game just because it isn't Germany vs Brazil man, that's just rude.

Going to be interesting to see how this Argentina team this Iran team.
It is always interesting to see how counter attacking teams play against Deep defences.

Germany Ghana should also be fun and I hope Bosnia beat Nigeria

I became an Iran fan after the first 10 mins of the second half, lol. The first half was completely unwatchable, but at least Iran actually tried to do something on the second half and definitely deserved something. Romero motm should be a huge hint. They didn't make as many fouls as it was expected 10 mins in, so yea, they should've got at least one point.

I have nothing to say about Alejandro this game, he started with the team Messi wanted and he didn't even play the first 45 mins. He has no responsibility of how much we sucked, and I seriously doubt we'll be able to beat the Swiss/Ecuador on round of 16 if they play like that.

Also for the love of anything that's good in football don't fucking celebrate a goal like that in min 90 against a clearly inferior team. It makes me feel shame. Thank god Germany is playing in 50 mins so I can actually enjoy myself .–.

Great job Argentina, stealing a penalty from Iran, scoring a lucky goal over the time, sure, Iran was pretty much defending with his entire team, but that's no excuse for playing this bad.

Great job Argentina, stealing a penalty from Iran, scoring a lucky goal over the time, sure, Iran was pretty much defending with his entire team, but that's no excuse for playing this bad.
lol.

Lol Argentina can't break down Iran with all that talent at their disposal
I blame social media for your simple minded opinion.

The fact of the matter is that Iran defended well and nullified Argentina strengths which is to counter attack.
They were a little unlucky in the second half but then a moment of magic from messi pushes agrentina through to the next round.

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
Wow, a paranoid minnow team parking the bus put up a good defensive performance. My heart bleeds so bad like so many of you here (not)...

Especially a team whose core is counterattacking footbal

And that Goal wasn't lucky. That was the best possible shot to take when there were all 10 Iran players in the box.

I mean I won't take anything away from Iran, everyone loves the underdog upsets, but oh well. It was pretty clear on the 60th min mark that they were playing for the draw. Not that Argentina was the epitome of perfection and they need to work on their formation to have a legit shot, but they weren't as terrible as you people are making them out to be.

Also for the love of anything that's good in football don't fucking celebrate a goal like that in min 90 against a clearly inferior team. It makes me feel shame. Thank god Germany is playing in 50 mins so I can actually enjoy myself .–.
I'd celebrate just out of the sheer relief that I won't get blasted by my country's media for drawing against possibly the worst team in the world cup.

Last edited:

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
My prediction was Argentina 2-Iran 0
and after seeing the match i thought i will lose but /Messi striked
Iran played well though

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
And ladies and gents. That's how you put up a fight against a team that clearly outclasses you in every aspect. Without looking like a combination of 10 defenders and a keeper.

Massive kudos to Ghana. Stuck it up the German meinScHAFTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)