Song for school talent show?

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
So my schools talent show is in 18~ days and it's a pretty big deal this year, they're doing loads of decorating stuff and hyping it up loads. I am singing for it, but the songs I had planned i sort of got bored of / went off of.

1. Ne yo - so sick - kind of old, although it's a classic
2. Queen - somebody to love (i went off this one partly because hitting the end notes in falsetto is uh a pain)
3. John Lennon - Imagine - not up beat enough

so I was looking for song suggestions from you guys, I know Smogon is full of people who love music, heh. Please keep the reccomendations on rnb, pop, light rock (stuff that appeals to a teenage audience). I need the song to be relatively up beat and not too vocally acrobatic. Preferably well known stuff since that way people can get into it more or whatever.

thanks~

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I can check my play list I'm listening too right now.

Alright. The Promise is upbeat, not verbally acrobatic, was in a popular movie in the last ten years, made in England, and anyone who doesn't know it is a soulless douche anyway.

EDIT: FUCK THAT SHIT sing Maniac. Do it.

EDIT MORE: If you're not verbally acrobatic enough to do Queen, do David Bowie. Then it's a win win, because he's better anyway.
Teenagers who don't know shit about real music tend to like Journey as well, at least in America.

6A9 Ace Matador

we're already doing don't stop believing as the group end song, and i don't know the promise or maniac o-o i'll look into david bownie though.

i dont really like akon and his voice is pretty much fake and synthed like hell.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
BABY BABY BABY OOOOOOHHH OOHHH BABY BABY BABYYY OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH

:P

Joking. Michael Jackson? Thriller, or Don't stop Til you get enough?

The only ones I can think of atm are Breakeven by The Script which has tons of falsetto if you don't mind that, but from the OP I'm guessing you do xD.

Also, And I am telling you I'm not going by Jennifer Hudson, well Jennifer Holliday, but whatever. It's a big diva song, but changing a few words and pulling that off is really nice. It has really nice vocals to it.

I really like Wait for you by Elliot Yamin too. It's a nice song and the vocals are pretty easy too...for me anyway. Good luck!

I actually auditioned for my school talent show this past year, but unfortunately I got strep throat the day after so I couldn't participate. -.-

6A9 Ace Matador

oh good idea the script :] i like a lot of their stuff so i'll re download a couple albums and look from there. i'll look into elliot yamin, but i'm not sure about and i'm telling you, since i wanted to do something by a male artist.

and lol last year i got tonsolitis two days before and couldn't sing either heh. i hope i never get that strep throat thing though, i heard it's really bad for your vocal chords.

I don't like that many upbeat songs, but since ur looking for one i'll suggest "All Star" by Smash Mouth. I doubt it's the kind of song u r looking for though.

6A9 Ace Matador

lol nope =(

so far i've got these three down as potential songs:
chris brown - with you (looking most likely)
the script - man who can't be moved

i ruled out billie jean after i decided learning to moon dance was too hard :x

Sing beautiful by Christina Aguilera.

It's very uplifting and is a great song to demonstrate your vocal talents.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QcUnFL1AhPw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QcUnFL1AhPw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Man in the mirror by Michael Jackson is such a good song. Kinda uplifting, a little up tempo. Maybe?

Also, with you by chris brown is a good choice, but the chorus can get hella annoying, so take that as you will. I like superhuman and so cold, both by chris brown. =)

And the strep throat, I'm not sure if it really affects your vocal chords because I haven't noticed a differnce...thank god!

Lol at JB wannabe...dude looks like a ladeh?

6A9 Ace Matador

haha, idk some woman i know said it lowered her range by an octave or something. man in the mirror is a nice song but not something i'd enjoy singing probably.

for the chorus the with yous get p. high idk if its auto tuned or something lol

If you want to do something by Ne Yo, IMO "Miss Independent" is superior to "So Sick", and it's probably easier to sing.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Man in the mirror by Michael Jackson is such a good song. Kinda uplifting, a little up tempo. Maybe?

Also, with you by chris brown is a good choice, but the chorus can get hella annoying, so take that as you will. I like superhuman and so cold, both by chris brown. =)

And the strep throat, I'm not sure if it really affects your vocal chords because I haven't noticed a differnce...thank god!

Lol at JB wannabe...dude looks like a ladeh?
this has my vote!

what makes you think you wouldn't enjoy singing it?

edit: how's about a medley?

Personally I would suggest something like Wonderwall by Oasis. Everyone knows that song, and a lot of people like it. (And it doesn't suck like their new stuff). Maybe some Arctic Monkeys.

The Scripst is alright, but it was a little overplayed. And the message is a little stalkerish.

If you want an upbeat song I would suggest Hey Soul Sister by Train. Or you can do And Your Bird Can Sing by The Beatles. Both of them cheer up my day and the lyrics aren't very hard.

6A9 Ace Matador

because it's too high for me swaggaz my boy :[ ill look into so cold and superhuman and i considered a lot of beatles songs but none of them really have great vocals.

edit: decided on wonderwall by oasis, thanks for your help guys :]

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I HIGHLY recommend this one:
Led Zeppelin - Ramble On
How can you not want to sing about "Gollum, the evil one?" The vocals might be hard though, but you can change up the melody a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)