Sony Vegas 9 - I don't get it

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So I've got this program that is superior in almost every way to Windows Movie Maker. Except seemingly the most important way. You know, that editing clips function. Basically, WMM is just a trimmer. It can't split video and audio, can't do green screen or picture in picture effects. Can't even stop crashing most of the time. But it can split a clip down to .03 seconds, and you can choose precisely where to split the clip.

In Vegas, you can create a subclip by dragging your cursor from one point to the next. Which is not precise at all. Even when I figure out exactly where I want the subclip to start I can't drag it because the current cursor mark is in the way. Can't split clips either. Splitting clips prevents overlap, which might be important when you can't pick exactly where your subclip starts and stops.

Please explain how I'm just retarded and missed something, because for a 500 dollar piece of software this is a fucking joke.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Funny how that doesn't work in the trimmer (I tried before posting). I guess I got confused because the trimmer has no function.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)