Space Rampage

Hakumen

Hot grill
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Hello everybody, this is Hakumen and it's my first RMT on Smogon. I decided to make it to introduce myself to the community as it seems to be an efficace way to do it. I've been playing pokemon competively since about 3 years and a half, even though I registered quite recently on Smogon. I began during Latias suspect test in DPP I had fun during this gen with OU and UU. Despite I enjoyed playing 4th gen OU, it wasn't the same with 5th gen. So after getting bored of OU, I decided to try lower tiers. I firstly got into UnderUsed that I found (and still find) interesting. But after a few months, I wanted to try something new so I decided to try the below metagame, Rarelyused. This was when Porygon-Z was firstly suspected. I'll never regret this decision, RU is such a funny tier and without a doubt my favorite BW one.

So, the team I'm gonna present you is a Bulky Offense. On this team, I really wanted to use Samurott because it is an efficace wallbreaker thanks to the combinasion of power, cool movepool which provides incredible coverage and finally quite good bulk for such an offensive monster. This team had a lot of versions before reaching its current form. Indeed, apart from 2 Pokemons(with one being Samurott obviously), all members changed. I don't even remember all its versions (that's why I'll only post the most recent team building). Samurott staying isn't surprising as I really wanted to use it but the other one, Lilligant has stayed for the simple reason that it's an excellent and fearsome Late Game. Despite the team has changed a lot, the goal remains the same. It is basically to wear down Lilligant counters and checks through the use of powerful threats while having a solid defensive back-up. Through the use of powerful threats with great offensive synergy, I can wear down the opponent team despite the lack of Entry Hazard other than Stealth Rock. As for the theme, I chose Metroid, probably my favorite saga of Nintendo video games. Btw, nicknames are from Super Metroid with 5 being boss and the other, Samus, the heroin. So, with further ado, I'll present you Space Rampage.

As I said in intro, I really wanted to use Samurott. So, I started with a WFG core of Samurott, as I wanted to use, Lilligant because it's an awesome Late Game Sweeper which can abuse of Samurott ability to wallbreak and finally Entei simply because it was the first fire-type coming to mind, straightforward but really efficace. Then, I wanted to use Escavalier because it is really bulky, has an excellent defensive typing, is able to trapp Slowking and hits like a truck. Then I ned SR. I firstly thought to Uxie but didn't like its lack of power so I decided to use Druddigon instead which also gives a second solid switch in to Sceptile, Fire-type etc.... Then, a Scarfer was needed, that's why I added Scarf Rotom-C which despite being redundant with Lilligant can weaken its checks and revenge kill while keeping momentum thanks to Volt Switch. The team worked well but could be better....

After thinking to possible changes, i realized that using Expert Belt Rotom-C could help Lilligant to sweep so I did this change. As, then, I lacked of a reliable revenge killer, I changed Entei to Emboar which is a great revenge killer and brings a lot defensively, helping a lot against Escavalier, Durant and Lilligant mostly. This team worked well but Rotom-C wasn't really useful. Also, flying type such as Swellow and Braviary, which despite being rare were really troublesome for the team. Druddigon with Fire Punch was also troublesome...

So, I changed Rotom-C which was the weakest link for Rhydon which was really great here, helping a lot against bird-type and Entei as well while being a monster offensively with perfect coverage and incredible power. As it was able to set up Stealth Rock, I changed Druddigon to Choice Band which was even better thanks to the extra power. This version was definitly better but still had some issues...

Fighting-types such as Medicham and Hitmonlee simply destroyed the team so I changed Rhydon for Specs Slowking, which is an excellent check and brings a lot offensively. I also changed Druddigon to SRer as I dropped Rhydon. But, birds were really annoying at that time for the team. Moreover, I realized that Escavalier wasn't really useful as Druddigon can already check Sceptile etc...

So, I replaced Esca with Choice Band Aggron. Not only the steel-man is really manly, it also brings a great check to annoying birds and helps a lot against Stall. The team worked well but sadly, it suffered from a big weakness to Entei, which could 2HKO the whole team. Also, I lacked of a reliable enough switch to Druddigon. These flaws were really annyoing seeing as how good and common these threats are.

As the team lacked of a reliable switch to both Druddigon and Entei, I added Rhydon back to the team, not only it is even manlier than Aggron, it also gives an excellent switch to the powerful dragon and dog and tanks hits from birds like there is no tomorrow. And, the team definitly worked well and I got what I wanted to...

Draygon(Druddigon) @

Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 208 HP / 232 Atk / 68 Spd
Nature: Adamant [+Atk, -SpA]
Outrage / Dragon Claw / Earthquake / Sucker Punch

Druddigon which was already good back in BW1 is just an amazing mon at the moment. Dragon is such an excellent typing in the metagame and along with its great bulk, it makes Druddigon a really potent check to Fire, Grass, Water and Electric types which are justso common in the tier. Dragon is as well really solid offensively and thanks to its sheer power, Druddigon will threaten all teams lacking a bulky-steel with Outrage. Before having Rhydon on the team, i used SR Druddigon but now with the Rhino being on the team i decided to go to Choice Band and i'll never change back, the power provided is just incredible. With it, Druddigon becomes a really fearsome threat which will basically do a kill each time it comes and coming won't be hard thanks to its numerous resistaces and bulk. Outrage is the main STAB and the move i'll use like 85% of the time, I just have to click on it to get easy kills even against bulky stuff like Amoonguss and Escavalier which get OHKO and 2HKO after SR espectively. Dragon Claw is the secondary STAB which allows to still hit hard while not being locked. Usualy, I'll use Dragon Claw in early game to weaken its main checks and creating incredible holes while still OHKOing frail threats like Galvantua and Cincinno. Then in mid game, once checks are weaken enough, I'll spamm Outrage to get simple kills. Earthquake provides great coverage, hitting hard Steel-types such as Steelix and Aggron, doing around 40-50% to the former while OHKOing the latter. Finally, Sucker Punch, despite it might seem strange on a choiced mon provides a strong priority which helps a lot against frail threats like Sceptile and Accelgor. EVs spread is nothing hard, I just decided to run a bit more speed in order outspeed most other Drudd as my own Druddigon is one of my main way to deal with Band versions. Also, I took out some EVs in Attack to HP in order to always take an Earthquake from Choice Band Rhydon without SR. As for the ability, I went to Rough Skin because it helps at wearing some threats. I could use Mold Breaker in order to make Earthquake hitting through Levitate but I honestly prefer Rough Skin for the added damages which are more helpful than having Earthquake hitting Levitate users imo.

Kraid(Rhydon) @

Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 40 HP / 208 Atk / 100 Spd / 160 Def
Nature: Adamant [+Atk,-SpA]
Stealth Rock / Earthquake / Rock Blast / Megahorn

Besides being really manly, Rhydon is an amazing mon and definitly one of the best tank in the tier. Thanks to its incredible bulk, Rhydon makes an excellent to most physical sweepers. It is my primary check/counter to things like Druddigon, Entei, Absol, Archeops and Braviary/Swellow which can't even hope to 2HKO Rhydon even with a super effective move. Rhydon can even check Klinklang, taking around 65-75% on +1 Gear Wind while koing back with earthquake. Moreover, Rhydon sets up Stealth Rock, which are just too helpful against threats like Moltres and Scyther and thanks to its excellent bulk and useful resistances, setting up them won't be hard. Finally, Rhydon also provides an important offensive pressure, having a STAB EdgeQuake coupled with a 130 base attack and Megahorn to hit hard Slowking and Tangrowth is really great. Earthquake is the main STAB and probably the best one available, both powerful and with perfect acuracy. Rock blast gives (nearly) perfect coverage while letting Rhydon to beat most leads like Scolipede and Crustle and as well breaking sub. Finally, Megahorn is one of the best Rhydon's move, hitting hard both Psychic and Grass-types. The EVs spread may look complicated but is actually rather simple. Defensive investment allows Rhydon to take a +2 Superpower from Adamant Lum Absol which gets OHKO back by Earthquake. I decided to run a bit more speed in order to outrun Life Orb Clefable which incidentally also outspeed Defensive Tangrowth, possibly 2hkoing it with megahorn after some previous damages. Finally, the remaining EVs goes to Attack in order to make Rhydon stronger. The loss of power is basically nothing as the manly rhino is still able to OHKO threats like Mesprit and Slowking with Megahorn after Stealth Rock.

Mother Brain(Slowking) @

Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 206 HP / 252 SAtk / 52 Spd
Nature: Modest [+SpA,-Atk]
Surf / Pyshock / Flamethrower / Trick

Slowking is definitly the best mon in the tier imo and should always be considered when building a team. Thanks to its typing, granting it numerous and useful resistances, great mixed bulk and Regenerator Slowking can check/wall a ton of mons while being really versatile and quite powerful. Without it things like Emboar, Entei, Medicham, Hitmonlee and Shell Smash Omastar would be much more harder to handle. Choice Specs Slowking is probably its best set imo and one of the best pivot in the tier. With Choice Specs, Slowking becomes a strong threats, able to do great damages like a 2HKO on Escavalier with Surf and despite the lack of defensive EVs and Slack Off, Slowking still can check threats like Gallade and has Regenerator to heal. Surf is the main STAB, which 2HKOes nearly everything without resistance and gets great neutral coverage, meaning it's quite easy to spamm. Psyshock is the secondary STAB, allowing Slowking to OHKO Offensive Gallade, Amoonguss, Roselia and Cryogonal after SR while 2HKOing Clefable and Lanturn, meaning they can't check Samurott anymore. Flamethrower is used in order to catch a grass-type like Ferossed or Tangrowth on the switch for a clean OHKO, it can also be useful to OHKO non-Occa Berry Escavalier. I don't like much Fire Blast because of misses and the fact that i don't gain any kill. Finally Trick cripples a Staller which would come on Slowking like an opposing Slowking, Defensive Spiritomb or Alomomola (and as well random Cosmic Power Sigilyph find on the ladder). EVs spread may seem weird but is actually pretty useful. Firstly I ran a bit more in Speed in order to outspeed other Specs Slowking, something which can be cool. As for the HP spread, it allows to take a Head Smash from Jolly Rock Polish Aggron which despite being rare is quite troublesome to face and even though Rhydon will be my main answer, having an extra insurance is great.

Ridley(Samurott) @

Trait
: Torrent
EVs: 84 Atk / 180 SAtk / 244 Spd
Nature: Naive [+Spd,-SDef]
Hydro Pump / Megahorn / Ice Beam / Aqua Jet

Samurott is such an awesome mon and the fact that it gets basically no usage really disappoints me. Samurott is an excellent MixedAttacker and one of the most fearsome wallbreaker. Samurott can pretty much destroy all defensive core in the tier thanks to its great offensive stats and excellent coverage with Hydro Pump, Megahorn and Ice Beam. Its wallbreaking ability is something really important for the team, Samurott just helps so much at luring and destroying things like Amoonguss and Slowking allowing a potential Lilligant or/and Emboar sweep. Also, Samurott is quite bulky or an offensive mon, meaning it can easily take a hit like a +1 Crunch from Ferraligatr if I need it. Finally, its speed may not be excellent but it is still fast enough to outspeed neutral base 80s such as Adamant Kabutops and Gallade and Modest Mesprit. Samurott also makes an excellent anti-lead, able to prevent other leads to get SR+Spikes thanks to the combinasion of Hydro Pump+ Aqua Jet. Otter also helps against Toxic Spikes which can be really annoying as it attracts and 2HKOes its main users, Qwilifish and Roselia with Hydro Pump and Megahorn respectively. Hydro Pump is the STAB and the move that i'll use nearly all the time, it is so strong that even Qwilifsh gets 2HKO by it. Megahorn is one of the best Samurott aspect, alllowing it to 2HKO Slowking Defensive Gallade, Cryogonal and roselia while also hitting grass-types such as Sceptile and Lilligant which would think to come on Samurott. Ice Beam hits hard grass-types like Amoonguss and also Druddigon for a clean 2HKO. Aqua Jet allows to finsish a weaken frail threat like Aerodactyl and Archeops. The speed EVs allow to outspeed neutral base 80's like Adamant Kabutops and Modest Mesprit. EVs in Attack to 2HKO Roselia even without Stealth Rock with Megahorn while OHKOing Moltres and Aerodactyl after SR and one round of Life Orb. Finally the rest goes to SAtk to make Hydro Pump and Ice Beam more powerful. I saw it on a french RMT and it's without a doubt the best spread for MixedRott imo.

Phantoon(Emboar) @

Trait
: Blaze
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 SDef / 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly [+Spd,-SAtk]
Flare Blitz / Superpower / Wild Charge / Sleep Talk

Emboar is the best scarfer atm(along with Rotom-C) imo and should always be considered when building an Offense or Bulky Offense. Emboar fulfill many important roles in a single slot. Thanks to its typing and quite good bulk, Emboar makes an excellent check to a lot of threats like Durant, Escavalier and Lilligant. Being able to have a reliable check to them in Offense is something really cool and quite rare. Emboar is also an excellent Sleep Talk user, definitly the best one and everyone who plays RU at the time would know how having Sleep Talk is really important seeing as how sleep is common. Thanks to its typing, Emboar can switch on pretty much all Sleep inducers appart from Jynx and Exegutor which aren't common anyway. From there, it can easily either 2HKO or OHKO assuming them assuming Sleep Talk chooses Flare Blitz. Finally, Emboar also makes a great revenge killer. Despite its speed is a bit lacking, with Scarf, Emboar is still fast enough to outspeed everything up to Swellow. Thanks to its great coverage and power, Emboar can revenge kill a lot of threats including Absol, Cincinno and Sceptile which can be troublesome for the team especially the former. Flare Blitz is the main STAB, hitting most thing without a resistance really hard. Superpower is the secondary STAB, which gives great coverage while doing decent damages to things that would come on flare blitz like Entei or Rhydon.. Wild Charge provides excellent coverage and hits hard water-types like Qwilfish and Slowking. Finally, Sleep Talk is as I explained an important move because Emboar can switch and ko back most sleep talk inducers like Amoonguss, Tangrowth and Lilligant. As for Evs spread, it's nothing strange, I just decided to run 12 EVs in Special Defense to always take a Focus Blast from SpecsGrowth after Stealth Rock. Overall, Emboar is an excellent filler for the team which fullfills many important roles and I'm pretty sure nothing could do the same while being as great as the fire-starter.

Samus(Lilligant) @

Trait
: Chlorophyl
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SAtk / 252 Spd
Nature: Timid [+Spd,-Atk]
Quiver Dance / Sleep Powder/ Giga Drain / Hidden Power Rock

Lilligant is without a doubt one of the most fearsome and efficace late game sweeper and it's not hard to see why. The combination of Sleep Powder and Quiver Dance is simply deadly. Thanks to Sleep Powder can find easy set up opportunities while removing a potential check lacking Sleep Talk or a potential Lum Berry. Then, after setting up Quiver Dance, Lilligant becomes a monster, really few things will enjoy taking a boosted Giga Drain or Hidden Power Rock. This move is used in order to hit fire-types such as Moltres, Magmortar and Entei which can be troublesome especiallly the former, they all get OHKO at +1 assuming Stealth Rock. Hitting hard Sigilyph, possibly OHKOing All out attacker while doing much to CM at +1 and OHKOing Scyther is also really cool. I don't really need HP Fire as Steel-types such as Escavalier, Durant and Feroseed are destroy by Emboar and lure by Slowking and Druddigon. Indeed Slowking Ohkoes Ferroseed with Flamethrower on the switch and 2hko Escavalier with Surf while Druddigon 2Hko Escavalier with both Outrage and Earthquake. As for grass-type, they can't do much to Lilligant appart from Acrobatic Sceptile which isn't that common and takes a lot on HP Rock. Lum berry is really cool here despite the loss of power, avoiding status can be really great. It makes Lilligant an excellent switch to thunder wave and toxic users like Qwilfish and Alomomola. Also, it helps against Toxic Spikes which can be really annoying for the team. Despite Lilligant is my late game sweeper, I often lead with it especially against Smeargle, able to put it asleep while avoiding a potential Magic Coat thanks to Lum. Anyway, Lilligant is a pretty straightforward mon, it just comes in Late Game, set up sleep Powder to set up easily Quiver Dance and sweep while sometimes being a lead especially against Smeargle. Lilligant also brings a key resistance to ground which can come really helpful against Rhydon and Golurk despite they run Megahorn and Fire Punch respectively.

Blue => This Pokemon isn't threatening
Orange => This Pokemon can be threatening but can be played around without losing something
Red => This Pokemon is threatening and need to play carrefully to not get sweep.

Absol
:
All Out Attacker : Not really hard to deal with. Dread Plate(which is the less commo, All Out Attacker) can trapp Slowking which is annoying but struggle against Emboar and Rhydon although Superpower hurts.
Swords Dance : This can give a hard time to the team especially Lum version which can set up on Lilligant if Sleep Powder misses. But, fortunately, Rhydon can take a +2 Superpower(assuming a Lum version) while OHKOing back but having it at full health won't be easy. Emboar can take a +2 Sucker Punch but like Rhydon needs to be healthy. Also, if it kills Rhydon, then Emboar will take easily a +1 Sucker Punch. Fortunately, it doesn't get much occasions to set up. But it is without a doubt one of the biggest threat to the team.

Accelgor :
Life Orbe : It can be annoying in Late Game and because of its Speed as it outspeeds Emboar. But it is a bit weak, meaning Druddigon can easily take a Bug Buzz and is frail so Sucker Punch will OHKO after SR and Aqua Jet will do much. Emboar can also take a Focus Blast while OHKOing with Flare Blitz but then we'll die from recoil damages so it's better to avoid.
Spiker : Because of Samurott, it will only set one layer of Spikes.

Aerodactyl :
Life Orb : Rhydon is one of its best check, talking well all hits while OHKOing with Rock Blast. Aqua Jet from Samurott also KO after SR and one round of Life Orb and Sucker Punch too.
Choice Band : Same, just a bit harder to deal with because of Aqua Tail and that Samurott can't imediatly kill with Aqua Jet but it's still not a big threat.

Aggron :
Chice Band : Rhydon will be my switch into Head Smash but is 2HKO by both Low Kick and Heavy Slam so I'll have to play smartly between Rhydon and Slowking.
Rock Polish: It can be really troublesome. I'll have to keep Rhydon healthy enough(i.e 70%) in order to check it. Fortunately, it doesn't get much opportunities to set up, only Druddigon locked into Outrage and even then it'll die quickly between Outrage, Life Orb, Rough Skin and Aqua Jet.

Archeops
:
Acrobatic : Like Aerodactyl, Rhydon is an awesome check and it will get revenge kill easily by Aqua Jet and Suker Punch.

Bouffalant
:
SubSD : It can be annoying because of its bulk and ability to wall Lilligant. But Rhydon takes hit well and 2HKO with Earthquake while Emboar OHKO with Superpower.

Braviary
:
Choice : Rhydon is an excellent check, taking well all hits apart CB Superpower while OHKOing with Rock Blast asusming it hits three times. If needed, Slowking can take a hit from Choice Scarf and OHKO back with Surf after Stealth Rock while Band version will be revenge kill by Emboar after Brave Bird recoil.

Charizard :
Swords Dancer : Rhydon has no problems dealing with that and it doesn't really get much opportunities to set-up and is revenge kill by Emboar.
Sun Sweeper : Druddigon destroys this. Being carrefull is important because of its power though. Knowing its version will be important. Stealth Rock will obviously be mandatory. Anyway, it is also easy to revenge kill with Emboar even if it manages to do a kill.

Cinccino :
Life Orb : It can be annoying as my only Tail Slap resistance, Rhydon is destroy by Bullet Seed. Fortuntately, it won't use much Tail Slap because of Druddigon and it easily gets revenge kill with Sucker Punch and Emboar.
Choice : Same but the lock make it easier to deal with. Scarf outspeeds Emboar but is weak so it's not gonna be a problem and Band may be quite powerful, the lock and the fact that it easily gets revenge kill by Emboar makes it far from troublesome.

Crawdaunt :
Dragon Dance : Firstly, it will have a hard time to set up, it can only set up on Slowking which does around 60-75% with Surf and Emboar locked into Flare blitz, something that can avoid by playing smartly. If it manages to set up, it will do a kill but will be easy to revenge kill with Emboar.
Druddigon :
Stealth Rock : Rhydon only takes around 35% from Earthquake and 2HKO with Earthquake.
Choice Band : Really threatening, as Rhydon is outsped and is 2HKO and it might pack Sleep Talk for Lilligant as well, meaning it will do at least a kill. But, once it takes a hit, it will be easy to kill and anyway, CB Druddigon is always threatening.
Mixed : Rhydon isn't 2HKO by any move and can threaten it with Earthquake.

Durant :
Choice Band : Fast and really powerful, Durant can be troublesome. But, Emboar is one of its best check, able to take a hit appart from CB Superpower (which unfortunately OHKO) while outspeeding and OHKOing.
Hone Claws : Same but it's much weaker so easier to deal with.
Scarf : Like Hone claws and it might even have Swarm so easier.

Emboar :
Choice : Slowking and Druddigon are the main checks, only fearing Wild Charge/Superpower, respectively. Rhydon also does well, able to take all hits even a Superpower even though this is better to avoid. Being carrefull is important against Band version as it hits like a truck. I'll try to attract it with Lilligant in mid-game meaning it won't be able to counter it anymore.
Mixed: Quite troublesome as it 2HKO all the team and can switch moves. I'll have to predict well against this version. My own Emboar helps though, able to take a Fire Blast while OHKOing assuming it used Superpower.

Entei :
Physical Sweeper : Rhydon is probably one of its best counter especially with HP Grass becoming less and less common for Sleep Talk. Slowking and Druddigon are also good checks,able to take a hit while koing back. Flame Plate can be annoying with HP Grass but then, Slowking and Druddigon are great checks.
CM : Slowking perfectly deals with this, only the surprise factor is annoying if the opponent predicts the Rhydon switch and use HP Grass. Druddigon is also really hepful as long as it doesn't get burn.

Electivire
-
Mixed : Rhydon has fun with it, talking pathetic damages from Ice Punch and Earthquake while OHKOing with Earthquake. Emboar also revenge kill this pretty easily.

Escavalier
-
Choice/Occa : Emboar is an excellent check, taking with ease Megahorn and only fearing Return that nobdy uses. It won't be hard to lure and 2HKO with either Druddigon or Slowking, meaning it won't be able to counter Lilligant anymore.

Feraligatr
:
Swords Dance : It can set up on Emboar as I'll try to avoid Aqua Jet. But, then Lilligant is a great check since it is faster, takes it quite well as it doesn't run Ice Punch and OHKO with Giga Drain.
Dragon Dance : Unlike Swords Dancer, this is going to be troublesome especially with Crunch. If it runs Earthquake, then Slowking is a good check, able to do about 60% with Psyshock while taking the same from +1 Earthquake. However, if it runs Crunch it's not the same story. In this case, I'll have to weaken it with Samurott which does about 40-45% while it takes around 50%. From there, it will be at around 30-37.5%, so I can use pivoting in order to weaken it. But it will be really dangerous and I'll have to sacrifice something in order to not get sweep most of the time.

Fraxure
:
Dragon Dance : Annoying if it manages to sey up. Rhydon will be the main check, able to take 2 Low Kick at +1. It can't really set up anyway, only Emboar and also without a Jolly nature it gets revenge kill by Emboar.

Gallade
:
Swords Dance : It is hard to deal with as after a Swords Dance as it OHKOes all the team appart from Rhydon which can't OHKO with Earthquake. Fortunately, it doesn't get much opportunities to set up, only Emboar locked into Superpower and Lilligant and it's easy to revenge kill it with Emboar. However, Offensive SD with Shadow Sneak is really not troublesome as it can't do much to Slowking but gets OHKO by Psyshock.
Substitute : The fact that it doesn't have Swords Dance makes it less troublesome as now everyone can take a hit. Also, Lilligant can put it asleep.
Bulk Up : Annoying in Late Game if it is well-used. I have to keep Slowking which breaks +2 Substitute with Psyshock. Rhydon helps too, able to take easily a hit while doing much back.
Specialy Defensive : Not a problem. Slowking destroys this and it doesn't stop any sweep(Samurott 2HKO with Megahron yes).

Galvantula
:
All Out Attacker : The Spider can 2HKO my whole team by using the right moves twice. I'll have to use well pivoting by switching Druddigon on Thunder to then KO with Sucker Punch or Emboar on Bug Buzz to kill it with Flare Blitz.

Golurk :

Stealth Rock : Lilligant will be my main switch, I just have to be carrefull about Fire Punch. Samurott can also take a hit while OHKOing it.
Choice Band : Same although it hits really hard.
Rock Polish : This can be an issue. After a Rock Polish, it outspeeds all my team and 2HKO everything. I'll have to keep Rhydon healthy(i.e about 75%). Fortunately, it doesn't get much opportunities to set-up, only Emboar locked into all but Flare Blitz but that's all.

Hitmonchan
:
Life Orb : Slowking does well, just having to avoid Thunder Punch. Emboar easily revenge kills it and Lilligant can put it asleep. Druddigon can also take a hit while koing this.

Hitmonlee
:
Unberden : Slowking will be the main check although a fighting gem HJK does a lot. Anyway it gets kill by Sucker Punch + Aqua Jet, making it less annoying.
Reverseal : It may be really strong but priority helps.

Jynx
:
All Out Attacker : Annoying because it is with Exegutor, the only sleep inducer able to easily kill Emboar. I'll have to use well Slowking + Emboar.
SubNP : Not a problem, Emboar does well
Scarf : Same as All Out Attacker, as running Trick or Lovely Kiss is the same anyway. It can also revenge kill Lilligant which is annoying.

Kabutops
:
Rapid Spin : Slowking and Druddigon. Lilligant can also take a hit if needed. Don't let it to set-up or get a speed boost and it's fine.

Kangaskhan
:
Physical Sweeper : It gives Lilligant troubles and Fake Out annoys Emboar but it can't do much to Rhydon.

Klinklang
:
Shift Gear : Slowking checks this thing well especially with Wild Charge being less common. Druddigon and Emboar can take a hit while koin. Ironically Rhydon can take a +1 Gear wind while OHKOing with its Earthquake. Samurott also checks it quite well.

Lilligant
:
Quiver Dance : Embar is my primary check, able to take the Sleep while OHKOing assuming Sleep Talk chooses either Superpower or Flare Blitz. Druddigon reminds also a solid check.
Scarf : Same
Magmortar
:
All Out Attacker/Sub : Annoying, I'll have to use well Druddigon which avoids the 2HKO from all combinasion bar 2 Focus Blast. Emboar can also take a hit and can OHKO with Superpower assuming Stealth Rock.

Magneton
:
Choice Specs : I have to use well Druddigon+Emboar but this thing hits like a truck. Fortunately, even if it manges to do a kill, it'll get revenge kill by Emboar or putting asleep by Lilligant.
Choice Scarf : Same but the fact that it is way less poweful make it easier to deal with.
Eviolite : Same as Scarf but it's slower so Emboar can revenge kill this.
Specially Defensive : Can stop Lilligant and somewhat Samurott but that's about all it does. It isn't hard to kill with Emboar. Also, Slowking can trick it, making it muc less bulky.

Manectric
:
Choice Scarf : Druddigon is an excellent check, only annoyed by Switcheroo. I can also put Rhydon on Volt Switch.
Expert Belt : Same.

Medicham
:
Choice Scarf : Slowking takes well all hits appart from Thunder Punch. Druddigon can also revenge kill with Sucker Punch if needed.
Choice Band : Same although it hits really hard. It's easy to revenge kill though with Emboar, Sucker Punch and Samurott(if it's Adamant) though.

Mesprit
:
Stealth Rock : Druddigon does well against this version
Calm Mind : Annoying. I have to rely on Sucker Punch but that's unreliable.
Choice Specs : Annoying too. I have to use well pivoting by switching, Slowking and all but Thunderbolt. Druddigon can revenge kill with Sucker Punch though.
SubCM : Rhydon destroys this if it doen't have Thunderbolt and so does Slowking if it runs Ice Beam. Just knowing its last move will be important.

Moltres
:
Life Orb : I really hate facing this thing. It can simply 2HKO my whole team by spamming Hurricane. I'll have to keep SR up. Otherwise, Slowking and Druddigon can take a Hurricane while OHKOing it back. Also, it gets revenge kill by Samurott and Emboar with Aqua Jet and Wild Charge respectively after Stealth Rock.
Choice Specs : Even worse as it OHKO Druddigon and does even more to Slowking. Also, Samurott can't revenge kill it. Basically, Slowking being able to take a Hurricane, revenge killing it with Emboar and Rhydonbeing able to take a Hurricane after a kill are my only answers.
Defensive : If it is really hard to deal with offensively, it's really not the same defensively. Rhydon loves coming while OHKOing through Subsitute thanks to Rock Blast. Slowking and Samurott can easily come on and threaten it with their STAB. Only Toxic is annoying.
Omastar
:
Shell Smash : The snail can be hard to deal with if it manages to set-up. If it does, then Slowking will need to be healthy enough to take a +2 HP Grass(i.e 70%) and OHKO back with Surf. Life Orb version is hard to deal with though as it can OHKO Slowking. It doesn't get much occasion to set up anyway, only Emboar locked into Flare Blitz.

Pinsir
:
Swords Dance: Rhydon can take a +2 Earthquake half the time whike OHKOing back. Also, even if it manages to do a kill, it'll get revenge kill as Lilligant and Emboar can take a +3 Quick Attack. But this thing hits damn hard and can do a kill if it manages to set-up. Fortunately, it doesn't get much opportunities to set-up.
Choice Scarf : Rhydon will be the main switch to scout the move and then switch into the right thing or attack.
Primeape :

Choice Scarf : Slowking is a great counter, only U-turn is annoying.

Rhydon :
Tank : Lilligant takes well all hits apart from Megahorn so I have to play smartly in order to avoid this move. Samurott can also take an Earthquake while OHKOing back.
Choice Band : This thing hits damn hard. I'll have to use pivoting between Lilligant to take Earthquake and my own Rhydon to take other hits.
Rock Polish : If it manages to set-up, I'm in troubles. Only my own Rhydon can take a hit and still take 60-70%. It doesn't get much opportunities to set-up anyway, only Emboar locked into all but Superpower and possibly Druddigon locked into Sucker Punch even though I don't use it really often.

Rotom
:
Choice Scarf : Lack of ghost-resist is annoying but everything apart from Samurott can take a hit while OHKOing back.
PainSplit : Rhydon is great here, doing much through Sub thanks to Rock Blast although it needs to be healthy enough.
SubWisp : Lilligant easily set up on and ironically Slowking can easily take a Thunderbolt while koing back.

Rotom-C :
Choice Scarf : Druddigon is a great counter. I can also put Rhydon on Volt-Switch.
Choice Specs : Same. Despite Leaf Storm hits really hard, it becomes revenge kill by Emoar.
Expert Belt : Same, just don't let Rhydon stay after blocking Volt Switch and it's fine.
Samurott
:
MixedRott : I have to use well pivoting in order to weaken it so Emoar can kill it or switch into Lilligant on Hydro Pump/HP Grass.
Swords Dance : I also have to use well pivoting in order to switch Lilligant into Wtaerfall on kill it but being carrefull is important because Megahorn OHKO.

Sandslash :

Swords Dance : Lilligant uses this as a set-up fodder. Slowking and Samurott can come in and threaten it with their STABs. It also likes to come on Druddigon to take a lot. I love facing this thing lol.
Rapid Spin : Same, it's even weaker so even easier to deal with.

Sawsbuck :

SubBP : Druddigon destroys this, Emboar also helps.
Swords Dance : Don't let it to set-up SD and it's fine as Druddigon and Emboar easily take a hit while OHKOing bambi.
Choice Band : Hits quite hard, I have to predict well between Druddigon/Emboar(for Horn Leech) and Rhydon(the other moves).

Sceptile :

Special Attacker : Druddigon is a great check although Focus Blast 2HKO. Emboar helps too.
Swords dance : Druddigon can't take a +2 Acrobatic but OHKO with Sucker Punch. Also, the combinasion Druddion+ Rhydon does well against this thing.
Mixed : Druddigon destroys this due to the lack of power.

Scolipede :

Swords Dance : Emboar does really well and it won't be able to set-up anyway.
Lead : It has to choose between setting up a layer of Spikes or attacking Samurott.

Scyther
:
Choice Band : Rhydon does well. I can also put Emboar on U-turn. SR obviously helps a lot.
Swords Dance : Rhydon loves destroying this.

Sigilyph :
All Out Attacker : Slowking does well, easily taking hits while OHkOing most of the time. Druddigon can a;so take a hit and OHKOing it or simply revenge ith Sucker Punch
Calm Mind : Slowking can easily take hit while attacking if it doesn't boos too much times or Tricking it if it does get lots of boosts.
Spiritomb :

Choice Band/Black Glasses : Emboar is a great check. Rhydon too although it has to watch for Will-O-wisp from Black Glasses.
Specialy Defensive : Emboar helps a lot. It doesn't stop anysweep anyway.

Swellow :

Guts : Rhydon is gonna have fun. Sucker Punch and Aqua Jet also helps.

Tauros :

MixedAttacker : Rhydon is a good check and Emboar can revenge kill this.

Typhlosion
:
Choice Specs: It hits really hard but Slowking is a great check and Druddigon too assuming SR are up.
Choice Scarf : It does pathetic damahes to Slowking and Druddigon.
Uxie
:
SubCM : As it uses Psyshock, Rhydon is an excellent check which doesn't take much.
Zangoose
:
All Out Attacker : Hits so hard . Even Rhydon takes a lot on. Basically, I'll have to rely on Slowking+Rhydon. Otherwise, Druddigon can revenge kill with Suker Punch and Emborar(which can take a Quick Attack) with Superpower.
Swords Dance : Same it won't get any occasion to set-up anyway and it will be easier to revenge kill with Emboar due to the lack of Quick Attack.

Alomomola :
Wall : I really hate thid thing.

Amoonguss
:
Defensive : Emboar freely comes in and absorb the Spore. Druddigon destroys it with Outrage. Rhydon and Samurott can catch it on the switch with Earthquake and Ice Beam respectively and 2HKO and Slowking with Psyshock which OHKO. It only stops Lilligant but that's all.
Offensive : Emboar is able to take well all its hits and absorb Spore. After taking the Spore, Druddigon becomes a really solid check, able to easily take Sludge Bomb while OHKOing back.

Clefable :
Defensive :It is a great check to Lilligant and Samurott as it avoids the 2HKO from +1 Giga Drain and Hydro Pump respectively. But Emboar and Druddigon easily kill it though. And if it is needed, Slowking can trick it.

Crustle :

Lead : By leading with Samurott, Hydro Pump and Aqua Jet, it will only set up either Stealth Rock or a layer of Spikes even if it has Custap Berry.

Cryogonal :

Defensive : Slowking destroys this with Psyshock, same with Emboar and its STAB. Samurott easily comes on and OHKO with Megahorn. It only stops Lilligant but can't do much else.
Offensive : Same, even easier to deal with as it doesn't stop Lilligant and can't cripple with Toxic

Drapion :

Defensive :It isn't annoying by itself( it just stops Lilligant) but Toxic Spikes are troublesome. Rhydon easily kills this though. Samurott also helps able to take a Crunch while doing much with Hydro Pump.
Offensive : Rhydon destroys this thing

Dusknoir :

Defensive : This, despite being really bad can be annoying for the team, mostly because of Will-o-Wisp. Lilligant can use it as set up fodder though. Samurott does a lot with Hydro Pump even though WoW can be troublesome.
Ferroseed :

Defensive : Thunder Wave can be an annoyance if the opponent predicts the Emboar switch and its ability to counter Druddigon and wall Lilligant and Samurott can be annoying. Fortunately, I can easily catch it on the switch with Slowking and play around it with Lilligant+ Emboar.

Flareon
:
Wall : Rhydon, Slowking and Samurott love it, just avoiding the burn will be important.

Hariyama :
Wall : It doesn't stop any sweep and Slowking easily kills it.
Guts : Slowking is a great check even though it takes uch on Facade. Anyway, it'll die quickly and is really easy to revenge kill.

Lanturn
:
Wall :It can be annoying because of its typing but fortunately it is easy to wear down. It gives a free set up to Lilligant though. Otherwise, Slowking can 2hko it with Psyshock while easily talking Volt Switch if needed and Emboar can do around 50-60% with Superpower. Druddigon destroys it with Outrage although it has to be careful with the burn.

RestTalk :Same a bit more annoying because it's a bit harder to wear down but it's still quite easy and it gives free set up to Lilligant.

Lickilicky :

Wall : Really bulky, it can be hard to kill. Rhydon does 2HKO though and Slowking can Trick it if needed.

Mandibuzz
:
Wall : Rhydon freely comes in and destroy it with Rock Blast(or Megahorn in the case it uses Roost). Druddigon comes in and KO with Outrage. Samurott also does much wit Ice Beam while not taking much back.
Miltank :

Wall : Sap Sipper is annoying because it allows it to wall Lilligant. It is also really bulky meaning it will be hard to kill and Milk Drink is an annoyance. Fortunately, Emboar easily kils it with Superpower and Slowking can trick it.

Misdreavus :

Wall : It will be hard to kill because of the bulk provided by Eviolite. Tricking it will be cool. Lilligant can also use it as set up fodder.

Omastar
:
Spiker :Lilligant easily prevents the snail from getting hazards even though it's quite obvious that it won't stay on anyway. Otherwise, Samurott does a nice job, doing around 80% with Hydro Pump and Slowking does the same.

Piloswine :

Tank : Slowking is so great against this thing. Samurott helps too.

Poliwrath
:
Wall : Slowking is probably the best switch-in. Lilligant can also come, just having to avoid Circe Throw.

Quagsire
:
Wall : Free set up for Lilligant. Easily smash by Samurott. It only gives Emboar torubles but that's all.

Qwilfish :

Wall : Eventual Toxic Spikes can be really troublesome for the team. Otherwise, it can't really stop any sweep appart from Emboar. It is also lured by Samurott as Hydro Pump 2HKO and gives a free set-up to Lilligant. Slowking helps too. Fast version which outspeeds Samurott are annoying if they run Tspikes though.

Regirock :

Wall: Slowking and Samurott destroys this. Rhydon also helps. And it gives a free set up to Lilligant.

Roselia :

Spiker : Like Qwilfish it isn't annoying by itself but Tspikes are, stoping Lilligant is also tricky. But like Qwilfish, it is lured by Samurott as Megahorn 2hko(or Ice Beam).

Slowking
:
Defensive : Annoying because of its typing, bulk, Slack Off and Regenerator, it can be hard to kill. Tricking it with Slowking will be great, Samurott also does well, as it sorta lure it since Hydro Pump+ Megahorn does 2HKO most of the time. Versions without Fire Blast are less annoying as there give free set up for Lilligant.
Choice Specs : My own Slowking will be the main switch and then I'll switch or stay in depending of the move.
Trick Room : My own Slowking helps a lot. Druddigon can either take a hit and destroy it with Outrage or revenge kill thanks to Sucker Punch
Nasty Plot : Annoying if it manages to set-up. I'll have to rely on predicting well between Slowking and Druddigon. Anyway, Druddigon OHKO with Outrage while easily taking a hit(even though +2 Psyshock hurts) and my own Slowking can Trick it if needed.
Calm Mind : my own Slowking can trick this. Also, Druddigon OHKO that and can easily take a hit(fuck you Scald burn though)

Smeargle :

Lead : By leading with lilligant and Sleep Powder first turn, it shouldn't be hard to deal with.

Steelix :

Wall : Slowking and Samurott loves it. Lilligant does well too.

Tangrowth :

Wall :Emboar with sleep Talk is an excellent switch-in. It isn't hard to lure with Slowking through Flamethrower and Lilligant can set up on too.
Specs : This thing hits so hard. Fortunately, Emboar can take a hit while koing back.Druddigon can also take a Leaf Storm although it has to watch for Sleep Powder. It is easy to revenge kill though wth Emboar and Samurott and Lilligant can either put it asleep or starting setting up after a Leaf Storm.

Uxie
:
Support : Lead with either Slowking or Rhydon as Rhydon 2HKO with Megahorn while Slowking does around 40%-50% with Surf.

Whimsicott
:
Support : Stun Spore is annoying but Lilligant has Lum Berry. It also gets kill by pretty much everything.

Thanks for reading, I hope you liked the RMT and the team. I really had fun playing with this team. Sorry about my English, I think I did some mistakes as it's not my first language. Anyway, RU is such a funny tier in which you can be really creative(just see how long the threat-list is lol). So, feel free to use the team, just keep nicknames if you do please. Shouts out to PTJon7 for banners, I really liked what you did man, also to Silvershadow234 for his help with the team and because he is a manly user, pkblizzard and Ace Emerald because they are the best.

Importable :​
Draygon (Druddigon) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 232 Atk / 208 HP / 68 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Phantoon (Emboar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 244 Atk / 252 Spd / 12 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Sleep Talk
- Superpower

Samus (Lilligant) (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 SAtk / 8 HP
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Ridley (Samurott) @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 180 SAtk / 244 Spd / 84 Atk
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Hydro Pump
- Megahorn
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Jet

Mother Brain (Slowking) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SAtk / 206 HP / 52 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower
- Trick

Kraid (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 208 Atk / 40 HP / 100 Spd / 160 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Hakumen, this is a really good RU team, and I didn't want to let it slip of the page without any rates, as it deserves some attention. First of all let me say this team looks incredibly solid, and it is clear you put a lot of effort into it, so thank you for making rating this difficult.

That being said, I actually think that you underestimate how dangerous an opposing defensive Slowking is to this team, as the only thing that is okay with switching into scald is Lilligant who you don't want to bring out until later in the game (your slowking loses one v one, samurott is worn down quickly especially when burned, drud hates burn etc.). I think that one way for you to help deal with opposing Slowking would be to change your own Slowking from Specs to Life Orb, and replace trick with toxic, as an opposing slowking that has been tricked specs can still spam scald and be a huge annoyance for your team. This would allow your Slowking to come out on top in the long run, while also preventing one of Omastar's 2 set up chances (choiced locked Flamethrower or Flare Blitz), as if oma manages to smash on one of these moves, you lose. If you are concerned about losing to much health with life orb, you could use an expert belt instead, as this allows you to lure in Escavalier and get him out of the way for a Lilli sweep. I also think you could consider using Scald over Surf as to me 30% burn chance > 15 BP.

So basically try (and decide for yourself):

Specs-->LO/E-belt
Trick-->Toxic
Surf-->Scald

As I said this is a super solid team, and I don't want to mess with it too much, so that is all I have for now.

Last edited:

Hakumen

Hot grill
Hey Hakumen, this is a really good RU team, and I didn't want to let it slip of the page without any rates, as it deserves some attention. First of all let me say this team looks incredibly solid, and it is clear you put a lot of effort into it, so thank you for making rating this difficult.

That being said, I actually think that you underestimate how dangerous an opposing defensive Slowking is to this team, as the only thing that is okay with switching into scald is Lilligant who you don't want to bring out until later in the game (your slowking loses one v one, samurott is worn down quickly especially when burned, drud hates burn etc.). I think that one way for you to help deal with opposing Slowking would be to change your own Slowking from Specs to Life Orb, and replace trick with toxic, as an opposing slowking that has been tricked specs can still spam scald and be a huge annoyance for your team. This would allow your Slowking to come out on top in the long run, while also preventing one of Omastar's 2 set up chances (choiced locked Flamethrower or Flare Blitz), as if oma manages to smash on one of these moves, you lose. If you are concerned about losing to much health with life orb, you could use an expert belt instead, as this allows you to lure in Escavalier and get him out of the way for a Lilli sweep. I also think you could consider using Scald over Surf as to me 30% burn chance > 15 BP.

So basically try (and decide for yourself):

Specs-->LO/E-belt
Trick-->Toxic
Surf-->Scald

As I said this is a super solid team, and I don't want to mess with it too much, so that is all I have for now.
Thanks for the rate atomicllamas :) .

So, Defensive Slowking can indeed be really annoying even though I can deal with it by double switching on Liligant but yeah it can be hard to kill. Your suggestion of Toxic sounds really interresting(I've never thought to use this sort of Slowking on the team, I used NP and Grass Knot a bit before ended up by using Trick), crippling stallers like opposing Slowking and Mola would be really cool with toxic, I'll test it for sure. As for the item, I think I'll probably use more ebelt to lure Esca but I'll try LO too for sure.
Again, thanks for the rate.

Ok, hi :> So I'm not that great at this kinda stuff, but I'll do what I can :P To preface this, I do really enjoy the idea behind the team; this team holds together a pretty solid balanced structure, while still maintaining a reasonable amount of lures and whatfor that can effectively pave the way for your win-con, w/out making assumptions like Grass-types will stay in on Emboar and so forth. I also enjoy how Samurott is employed as both a core-breaker and utility, which is nice for mitigating the team's lack of spinner. However, with these compromises, the team is put in a position where it needs to rely very heavily on prediction in order to keep its head up against something like [semi]stall, especially those that employ Toxic Spikes (as you address), and other speedy set-up 'mons can very well turn into much larger threats than they may otherwise be for this same reason. I'll mostly be aiming to mitigate these issues, so take of it what you will.

Firstly, I would consider HP Fire to be the more poignant choice for Lilligant. With the exception of Moltres (ie.a 'mon that you can't really completely check on a balanced team without making substantial compromises), your team handles opposing Fire-types all too well, and Druddigon is a pokemon that is a.not taking much more from HP Rock either way and b.a 'mon that is inherently designed to be a better target for wearing down than any Grass- or Steel-types. By utilizing HP Fire, you not only dispel yet another window for clean Toxic Spikes set-up for Roselia, but you also make Lilligant much more self-sufficient as a "stall-breaker", something your team requires much more due to a lack of spikes support or alternate boosting sweeper (Drudd does well enough against stall if you can apply consistent offensive pressure v.Steelix, but its susceptibility to burns, Scald or otherwise, make me reluctant to rely upon it in stall match-ups).

With this, I would take into consideration the use of Choice Scarf Rotom-N over Samurott. While I'm a fan of Samurott as a whole, with Lilligant's move change it becomes self-sufficient to the extent that the added utility of Aqua Jet and ability to bait / wear down bulky Waters and Drudd becomes less significant than the need to address other standing issues. Rotom-N gives your team leeway with offensive threats, including DD Gatr, RP Aggron, and LO Cinccino, that you previously lacked, while simultaneously providing a Ground immunity, which at the very least provides a deterrent for Choice Band Earthquakes. This change provides some additional utility in an alternative Trick user, as well as a decent bait for bulky Grass-types, and while it cannot immediately pressure them, having the ability to chain a Volt Switch into Drudd or something to that effect can be just as good.

Lastly, with this, a few smaller subjective changes can be made to iron out minor issues. For starters, I'd look into a spread of 128 HP / 192 Atk / 88 Def / 100 Spe on Rhydon; despite losing out on a few Attack points in doing so, Rhydon becomes substantially more proficient in taking on wayward special hits (ex:Specs Typhlosion's Fire Blast maxes out at 49.87% v.this spread, going from a 86% chance to 2HKO after SR to a 30.47% one), while retaining the same physical bulk. It might also be worth considering a slightly bulkier Druddigon, in order to combat Sceptile and SpecsGrowth better. I lean towards 224 HP / 148 Atk / 68 SpD / 68 Spe, which essentially forces the double Focus Blast in order to look to grab the 2HKO after SR, though it's up to you. Lastly, I would definitely consider atomicllama's suggestion of an offensive Toxic Slowking, since it does grant the team quite a bit more flexibility imo (though LO or Lefties, EBelt is dum =( ).

Anywho, I hope some of this proved useful, and sorry if it came across as rambling haha.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, not to override col49's rate, cause it has some cool advice, but I also think Fire Punch>Sucker Punch on Drud, as SP is kinda terrible to be choice locked into, and this would help with your esca problem (me and Silvershadow234 were talking and we agreed). This may also allow you to run HP rock lilli, as you have something to beat esca. This may make no sense, as I am not in a super awesome state right now, but FP> SP on choice set. Once again, this is a cool af team, and I don't want to change it too much but give it a try imo. GL and cool team n_n.

Last edited:

ss234

bop.
sup Hakumen, amazing presentation man. So uh ye col49 and llamas pointed out that you have a little trouble with stall. I feel this can quite easily be fixed with hp grass > aqua jet on samurott and superpower > megahorn, as well as the toxic slowking set suggested by bad user llamas. This rott set basically means you own mola stall without the need for prediction, and the only counter to this set is slowking rlly, which is where toxic king of your own comes in. You don't allow much tspikes setting up with this team(bar emboar vs. qwil I guess), so I think stall will be much easier to handle with these suggestions. And yeah I'd consider running fire punch on druddigon somewhere, considering another esca check is always rlly nice when lilligant is your main sweeper. Gr8 team dude :]

Hakumen

Hot grill
Hey, thanks guys for your rate and saying that this is a cool team n_n . Before replying I'd just say that Toxik King worked well so I may end up by using it as it did really well.

col49 : Thanks for taking time to rate :). So, yeah stall(especially Mola+Rose) can be rather hard to deal with. I'll defintily give a try to HP Fire Lilli which will work well I guess, helping a lot against Mola+Rose core while hitting some grass-types like ferroseed which can be hard to kill without Emboar. As for scarf Tom, I'll try it as well even though I love Rott, providing a reliable answer to threats you mentioned would be cool and ground immunity as well since relying on Lilligant as my only ground-resistance sucks. Both your spreads seem interresting, I'll use them for sure especially but I like the extra power on Druddigon so I guess I'll prefer my current spread but I'll end up by using your Rhydon spread I think.

atomicllamas : I'll try Fire Punch on Drudd along wth HP Rock Lillieven though I like Sucker Punch to destroy frail things like Gavantua and Cinccino. Thanks for the rate and saying that I get a cool team :> .

Silvershadow234 : Thanks for the rate man :]. Your suggestions on Rott seems really interresting, I'll try them. Mola can be hard to kill without relying on Lilli so HP Grass will be really cool, . As for Superpower,I'll try it(I've never thought to run it on the team but it'll be great), destroying things like Clefable, Miltank and Ferossed would damn cool as they can be hard to kill without Emboar. O and thanks for saying that's it's a great team andthere is an amazing presentation. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)