Spinblocking in UU

@ Panamaxis: Dusknoir can use attacking moves, but remember that they're still stupidly weak, and he has no good STAB to use. 4/0 Gyarados and Heatran arent usually KOed by ThunderPunch and Earthquake respectively, which, while not relevant to UU, is indicative of Dusknoir's lack of power. Lefties is good, but Evolite is better because their main form of recovery is pain split and rest, unlike Chansey/Blissey who usually Wish/Protect. When Chansey uses Wish/Protect in adverse weather, it only heals ~37% total, whereas adverse weather can help with Pain Split, and Rest dgaf.
Subpunch Dusknoir (the only Dusknoir worth using IMO) OHKOs both if it chooses to run those moves (even Gyarados most of the time after intimidate).

Azure Demon

most mismagius have only two attacks as shadow ball + hp fighting offer perfect neutral coverage. also, if hitmontop's only method of attack you is sucker punch then you win unless you're being stupid; sucker punch has 8 pp maximum, the hitmontop has to predict your single attack out of all the times you can spam nasty plot even past + 6. statistically, you should win.
I use sucker punch hitmontop and once you start spamming stupid shit like that or even seem like you are trying to dance around my Sucker punch I can destroy you with stone edge or bullet punch and make you have to attack.

@Extra.: What Rotom set do you run? What, specifically, do you do against Donphan or Hitmontop that carry Stone Edge or Sucker Punch?
tbolt/pain split/will-o-wisp/shadow ball, max hp/def bold (hence mismagius is probably better, i just like rotom). donphan stone edge does like 30% and i just burn hitmontop. they're only a problem when they foresight but at least i have a fast burn.

breh

強いだね
I use sucker punch hitmontop and once you start spamming stupid shit like that or even seem like you are trying to dance around my Sucker punch I can destroy you with stone edge or bullet punch and make you have to attack.
Literally almost every Mismagius I've ever seen has wisp. I don't care if one person runs nasty plot, non-foresight top is screwed.

On a side note, Foresight top is working well for me.

That's damn true in that donphan is actually unstoppable in the spinning if he has the right moves (altough i use two ghost pokes in my team since almost anyone only has one spinner) since i have one donphan do the exact thing to me, altough i thing the knock off one is far more annoying since even if you didn't spin you just make a poke loose their item (likely the eviolite they LOVE) or plain attack with assurance (altough that's actually not very good as an attack and can easily be survived

wannabe bulky ghost (rotom, mismagius) are losing its edge IMO..mismagius used to work well with WoW+pain split in Gen. 4 but now its become a huge liability...they both have to worry about pokes outspeeding them now that drought is popular..and hail makes them lose their precious leftovers recovery which is important to them..Rotom uses its typing to its advantage but the popularity of using more powerhouse moves means that even Not-very effective hits can KO rotom..im talking mainly about heracross/escalvier's megahorn...And from battles Ive seen, I have yet to witness a bulky missy come in a physical attacker to counter it by burning..she usually comes in after a kill and then go for burn because even she knows that with MAx Hp/Def she still cant come in take a physical attack and survive..

in other words to summarize everything, this metagame right now is too strong for some pokes to believe that they are bulky because they have Max Hp/Def with a 60 base HP stat and a 60 Defense..it worked back then, but not now

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
my point was if it's ONLY method of attack is sucker punch. you are disputing a point i did not make. also, as several other people have pointed out will-o-wisp fucks top over pretty handily, unless its only aim is to foresight + rapid spin.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
dual ghosts actually sounds pretty viable due to their diversity this generation; counters foresight rapid spinners quite handily, especially if you're running something like dusclops / WoW missy.

dual ghosts actually sounds pretty viable due to their diversity this generation; counters foresight rapid spinners quite handily, especially if you're running something like dusclops / WoW missy.
I'd have to agree with this pretty much wholly. With the UU ghosts simply being so good at blocking, I can see Foresight/Odor Sleuth use rising to the point where double ghost becomes very valuable.

Frosslass + dusclops is awesome since one can easily block, spike and kill many common spinners (like donphan) and dusclops can ressist and burn

I have to disagree with you, Sabeleye can Recover while most Ghosts have to settle for Pain Split if they even get that, and Sableye has 0 weaknesses. While offensively & defensively weaker than Spiritomb, it can W-o-w before being attacked so it takes less, something Spiritomb will usually not be able to do.

Sableye can also use Night Shade to hurt, and many people were surprised by a defensive Sableye set of :

Sabeleye: @ Leftovers
Prankster
252 HP/ 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm

-W-o-w
-Recover
-Taunt
-Night Shade

Keep in mind, W-o-w helps make up for the lack of Defense investment, and Recover can help it stall out burn damage. Taunt is useful with priority and works against walls. Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punches wont be super effective vs this Sableye. And with priority, it needs 0 Speed investment, and it can always Taunt before Hitmontop or Donphan use Foresight or Oder Sleuth.

breh

強いだね
prankster sableye doesn't exist. What's with your Sableye fetish? You've been mentioning it everywhere.

We'll only know how good Prankster Sableye is when it gets released. Let's stick to discussing Pokes that have already been released.

That being said, I've found Dusknoir to be good in terms of spinblocking and TR'ing. W-o-W is majorly helpful, IMO.

No, he is not, he has like 20 extra defenses without eviolite, with it Dusclops just takes hits a 100% better, te leftovers recovery is great, but being able to suvive shadow balls from miss is better

PS: Prankster sableye is amazing (and a pretty good physicall wall) but he is not relased yet so we'll have to wait

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)