Spinda (Analysis)

[Overview]

<p>Contrary to what most people say about this Pokemon, Spinda did gain a few new tools to play with in this new generation, one of them being its new Dream World ability going by the name of...well, Contrary, which interstingly enough, reverses all stat changes. This new Ability should be more recognizable on a Pokemon such as Serperior, whose Leaf Storm increases its Special Attack by two stages. Spinda also gains a new move in that same area: Superpower. With this move, Spinda can deal a massive amount of damage and "Bulk Up" at the same time. On top of that, it's movepool is one of the largest in NU, giving it a bunch of tools to play around with, such as Hypnosis, Trick, Teeter Dance, Sucker Punch, and the list goes on. So does all these things make Spinda a great Pokemon? HAH! Who am I kidding!? This thing still sucks!

60 base stats all over makes this thing about as terrible as Farfetch'd. On top of that, this thing will 9 times out of 10 get knocked out by an unresisted hit before it can even set up. I would highly suggest placing this thing on a novelty team, because even in NU, it won't do much.</p>

[Set]
name: SUPER SPINDA POWER!!
move 1: Superpower
move 2: Toxic
move 3: Wish / Trick
move 4: Baton Pass / Fake Out
item: Life Orb / Black Belt
ability: Contrary
nature: Lonely
evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP

[Set Comments]
<p>Spinda was taught the art of not sucking, and I guess it was listening this time. It shiny new Superpower gains a lot of power from his incredible 240 Attack (*snicker*). However, it can wipe the smile off the unknowing opponent with a +1 Attack and Defense increase due to Contrary. Toxic can catch an off-guard wall or stall Pokemon with a crippling status condition. The third moveslot comes down to what item Spinda holds. Trick if it's sporting Black Belt, Wish if it's Life Orb. The final moveslot comes down to preference. Baton Pass can be useful to pass that boost from a Contrary Superpower. However, Fake Out can also be used to deal guaranteed damage and a flinch.</p>

[Other Options]
<p>Spinda can run a lot of other moves. Don't be hesitant to try any of them, seeing as Spinda is next to useless.</p>

[Checks and Counters]
<p>Everything. Well, maybe not Unown. But everything else can knock this dizzy little panda out with relative ease.</p>

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This doesn't follow any of the rules outlined in the Reservation thread; you did not reserve this analysis, nor did you send me any paragraphs with your writing as is procedure for joke analysis. Someone else already has this reserved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)