Murkrow @ Eviolite
Calm
Prankster
252hp/252spdef/4def
- FeatherDance
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost

prankster abuse, your basically unkillable in ou, uu is just gonna be domination

What people should really be worried about when facing stall teams are Xatu and Espeon. The glue they provide to a semi/heavy-stall team is damn strong. Coupled with support from team mates like Chansey, Deoxys-D, Registeel, Dusknoir, Mew, and Slowbro they'll be able have screens up 24/7 without having to worry about mis-predicting and switching in on attacks rather than status-type moves. The sheer bulk of the Pokémon I've mentioned is hard enough to deal with at times, but once they've got your team good and statused with residual damage all while having a protective shield from most disabling moves is about the time an Eviolite Shelgon will blow your team over(Bear with me, I'm trying to make a point).

With a few good moves early on it's easy to gain momentum with a Magic Bouncer, and from there on make hell for your opponent. It's a good thing these special Psychic-types have a place on nearly any type of team.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ironically Murkorw does well countering those exact same Psychic types.

Come in on a move that does nothing, Mean Look the Psychic, Perish Song/Roost, Roost/Sub spam, switch out. Dead Psychic.

I'm not sure if by 'Psychic types' you were referring to Magic Bounce Espeon and Xatu, but if that was the case I'm afraid I'm going to have to rain on your parade. Mean Look is reflected by Magic Bounce, leaving Murkrow with a better chance to check the two former Psychics with a Pursuit. Outside of that I think some of you give Murkrow too much credit, the list of offensive Pokémon he cannot touch is vast in number.

I've actually had that happen before with some idiot Murkrow user who tried to Perish Trap my Xatu and didn't even realize they'd just killed themself. Seriously people just don't read at all when facing Magic Bouncers.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
How good of a spinblocker is Golurk? It may not be as beefy as Dusknoir or Cofagrigus, but unlike those two, Golurk can use its strong base 124 Attack to damage opposing teams, and 89 / 80 / 80 defenses aren't too bad either.

How good of a spinblocker is Golurk? It may not be as beefy as Dusknoir or Cofagrigus, but unlike those two, Golurk can use its strong base 124 Attack to damage opposing teams, and 89 / 80 / 80 defenses aren't too bad either.
Seems worth a shot on a serious stall team with another Ghost-type if you fear Foresight Hitmontop. It definitely shouldn't be considered a go-to-spin-blocker mainly because of it's weakness to common offensive types and lack of recovery outside of rest. I like that it can provide some momentum with it's offensive capabilities, but when it gets right down to it it just doesn't have enough utility or coverage in it's movepool. Heck, it's one of 2 Ghost-types to not receive Will-O-Wisp. But hey, atleast it can fly.

Although I don't use one I've fought one several times and Golurk is a decent Spinblocker and a general nuisance. Subpunch Golurk from my experience is quite dangerous actually having the bulk to survive alot of punishment whilst actually dealing considerable damage thanks to the Iron Fist boost.

It seems to function best on a sand team (yes there are non-gimmicky ways to abuse sand in UU) or as an offensive spinblocker with Wish support and alot of good Wish users being water or normal types gives Golurk many switch in opportunities. But like mentioned it has some issues with really easily abusable weaknesses. When it comes down to it unlike Spiritomb, Dusclops/noir, Froslass, Cofagrigus it may not have an awful lot of utility it can actually have an offensive prescence.

I think Celebi can be considered a nice staller. Sure, it has what, 7 weaknesses? But 100/100/100 defenses are great. He can do all sorts of things, and can take a 4x SE U-Turn like a pro

yes espeon and xatu give murkow trouble, but in ou that thing will take stone super effective hits from almost anything bar a cb tar's stone edge, most powerhouses like that arent around and the faster prankster users are gone too, if you run a pursuit user to deal with espeon and xatu murkrow will toxic stall anything besides the obvious steel and poison types. also dont run murkow as pursuit trapper, it isnt that great at it

yes espeon and xatu give murkow trouble, but in ou that thing will take stone super effective hits from almost anything bar a cb tar's stone edge, most powerhouses like that arent around and the faster prankster users are gone too, if you run a pursuit user to deal with espeon and xatu murkrow will toxic stall anything besides the obvious steel and poison types. also dont run murkow as pursuit trapper, it isnt that great at it
I simply said it would check Espeon and Xatu more effectively through Pursuit. And, if you couldn't tell, I was being facetious. Murkrow is just one of those gimmicks where there's more it can't do than it can do.

Murkrow is gonna be the biggest troll

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Calm
Prankster
252hp/252spdef/4def
- FeatherDance
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost

prankster abuse, your basically unkillable in ou, uu is just gonna be domination
I've tested the perish traping set an' while it was pretty fun and it did do its job, I have a few problems with it. It losing to magic bouncers really sucked, I almost want to say that It's basically outclassed by Wobbuffett, it loses to some of the big special hitters right now like Zapdos and Nidoking, and it's either really weak to Tant if it lacks taunt its self or physical attackers if it carries taunt. I haven't used its toxic stall set yet but I'd assume that it has similar issues.

I wouldn't say that it's a gimmick, though. It definitely works once you get around its shortcomings :)

..... Typing with a wiimote sucks -_-

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Roserade and Deoxys-D I would say are the only two viable spikers in UU. Eviolite Ferroseed is too slow, too weak, and isn't that bulky.

Also, I don't understand why people are saying Heracross is killing stall. Nidoqueen is such an amazing pokemon in this metagame.

Roserade and Deoxys-D I would say are the only two viable spikers in UU. Eviolite Ferroseed is too slow, too weak, and isn't that bulky.

Also, I don't understand why people are saying Heracross is killing stall. Nidoqueen is such an amazing pokemon in this metagame.
what 'bout accelgor? that stupid fast bug? it seemed to work pretty well as a spiker... Not the bulkiest thing 'round but, eh...

what 'bout accelgor? that stupid fast bug? it seemed to work pretty well as a spiker... Not the bulkiest thing 'round but, eh...
its like the suicide frosslass..hopefully get 1 or 2 spikes then go away for good..the nice thing about deoxys-D and roserade is that they stick around for much longer even if the spikes are spinned...

lol so far from all these posts it sounds like the perfect stall team would be this...

Chansey,
Dusclops(or any bulky ghosts),
deoxysD/roserade(spiker),
suicine(or any bulky water),
Nidoqeen(toxic spiker),
registeel(something to stop kyurem)

but meh thats just throwing all the ideas to stop all the stall threats that ppl have mentioned throughout the posts

BurningMan

fueled by beer
The team mentioned above gets raped by things like Taunt cm cobalion and Anti Stall Mew so its far away from being "perfect"

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Froslass says hi.

U use a semi-stall team with kind of a gimmick, which is a Snorlax. I use it with max HP and SpD, leftovers with a Careful nature. Moves are Rest/Sleep Talk/Curse/Return. It gets walled by Ghosts, but I've got a CB Weavile that takes care of that and other bulky ass bitches. This Snorlax can even sweep late-game. With the fast centipede thing packed with T Spikes and Spikes I lay down at least two layers if I don't come against Aerodactyl, which help stalling out the opponent. Opponents switch a lot when I sponge they're WoW's, Twaves and other status moves.

RestTalk Snorlax is a beast.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The team mentioned above gets raped by things like Taunt cm cobalion and Anti Stall Mew so its far away from being "perfect"
Except virtually nobody runs Taunt+CM Cobaloin. Its either straight up CM Cobalion (which frankly I haven't seen one of) or the much more common Taunt+SD Cobalion--and if its the latter Nidoqueen beats it handily.

As for Mew...I dont really know how much speed it needs but it seems the best way to beat it is to run fast Deo-S and Taunt it. If Mew is running near max Deo can outspeed it with its base 90 speed.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Except virtually nobody runs Taunt+CM Cobaloin. Its either straight up CM Cobalion (which frankly I haven't seen one of) or the much more common Taunt+SD Cobalion--and if its the latter Nidoqueen beats it handily.

As for Mew...I dont really know how much speed it needs but it seems the best way to beat it is to run fast Deo-S and Taunt it. If Mew is running near max Deo can outspeed it with its base 90 speed.
What? What else does Calm Mind Cobalion need to run apart from Focus Blast, Hidden Power (Ghost or Ice) and Calm Mind? Taunt fits in there easily. If Cobalion runs Air Balloon, Nidoqueen would also have a much harder job countering it (phazing is like the only option, really).

Mew outspeeds Deoxys-D, mate. Base 100 > Base 90. All Mew needs to do is run a +ve nature with 176 Spe EVs and your Deoxys-D can dream on.

Cooky

Banned deucer.
Stall Mew runs max speed +ve nature, so your Deo-D (thats what you meant right?) is getting taunted and burnt.

Fortunately this variant of Mew is completely countered by any Fire / Guts pokemon or a faster taunt, so there is a pretty big list of counters.

edt: too slow fuck it

well of course every stall team has its specific threats...some teams might need to make adjustments here and there..especially with the increase in new pokes in this gen...personally i wish there was a quick usage to see and plan accordingly..if taunt+WoW mew is a problem for a person's stall team(which as you pointed out it is), then a quick change to CB spiritomb would solve this

its like the suicide frosslass..hopefully get 1 or 2 spikes then go away for good..the nice thing about deoxys-D and roserade is that they stick around for much longer even if the spikes are spinned...
What's nice 'bout Accelgor is that I'm pretty sure Espeon ain't gonna like switching into a bug buzz off of it... Of course, Xatu ain't gonna like Ice beam off of Froslass but... Accelgor also doesn't have to worry 'bout trying to predict a taunt like Deoxys - D since Accelgor out paces all the taunters anyways. I dunno... I personally think Accelgor is a pretty nice choice for stall despite being a total contradiction to what you're probably aiming for.

Besides, uu's got some pretty nice spin blockers, so I wouldn't really be to worried 'bout having my hazards spun when I'm running stuff like Dusclops... Especially since I'm pretty sure our best spinner right now can't really do much to said spin blockers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)