ORAS UU Stall So Hard it Hurts

Howdy everyone! I just wanted to get some opinions on a team I run from time to time. I used it way back when Salamance was legal in UU, and aside from minor edits its stayed the same at its core. Without further ado:

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Aggron is the first half of this team's defensive core, and one of the best anti-set up sweepers I can imagine. He can eat a hit, roar, and pivot out, forcing your opponent to lose their momentum. Also, he is offensive enough to hit back against some other bulky walls, but don't expect him to break walls on his own.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Heal Bell

Vaporeon is the second half of our defensive core, and provides healing and status fixing for our mons who can't heal themselves. She is also our first CroCune counter, since that mon can break a stall with ease, and this forces it to switch

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

Cresselia is our set up sweeper, and second CroCune counter. It can set up alongside it, and surprise it with a psyshock. Its coverage also allows it to sweep a weakened team.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Behold, the bulky pivot! Gligar knocks off valuable items while also setting rocks and spreading statuses. His bulk makes it near impossible for us to be surprised with an OTK, and he will often get off at least one move.

Heracross @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn

Our second sweeper, we often rely on Heracross in the late game to turn a game around. If we're winning, it's often correct to leave him on the bench unless you need his coverage.

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt
- Superpower

And finally, our quick pivot and panic button. Almost nothing outspeeds him, and his power can KO pesky sweepers or weakened walls.

That's my team! Any suggestions?

Killintime

Time not so well spent
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
g'day mate, I saw your stall was look'in a little iffy so I thought of some ways to fix it.

-Alright so first off I looked at your aggron and was like "crikey whats going on here", The best way to fix this bad boy up:

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Roar / Thunder Wave

• Now the main reason to be using aggron is for its decent bulk, ability to switch into specs sylveon, and utility when invested otherwise you may as well use a cobalion. With this spread you can actually tank attackers a lot better while still being an annoyance to most mons thanks to roar. To put it into perspective friend, without any of the sp.def investment this happens:
    • 252 SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Aggron: 153-180 (44.6 - 52.4%) -- 81.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
-With that out of the way we can move on to our D ranked friend Vaporeon, a bulky water type that has trouble countering fire types like entei due to its reliance on wish/protect. We can optimise the team a but by changing a few mons like this one:
---->

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

• Sylveon also fulfils the role of a mixed wall, is a cleric, and is still capable of supporting aggron with wish. The big difference is sylveon is a lot more menacing thanks to pixalate making its stab a pretty strong move uninvested giving it more of a presence. And if you aren't aware of this a vaporeon lacking baton pass loses 1v1 to suicune thanks to pressure burning through vaporeons PP making it setup fodder to begin with.
-Next up is your cresselia and its odd spread:

Cresselia @ Colbur Berry / leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Moonlight

• Now the spread you were running wasnt taking advantage of calm minds ability to boost your sp.def side and you were pulling it out of phys def (the main reason cress is so annoying). By running this spread you are able to counter mamoswine, as well as be a pain in the ass for dark types trying to revenge you. I chose Signal Beam>Moonblast since your team seemed to have a horrible celebi matchup and this basically gave the green onion less space to setup on your team. The speed allows you to outpace jolly crawdaunt which you do 90% to at +1 with signal beam meaning you can walk out of this match up with a stomach full of lobster.
-Okay since we have a sylveon and cresselia I ask myself do you even need the current gligar spread? well:

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog
- Earthquake

• Alright I had a lot of misgivings for the set for the following reasons:
    • Lack of roost
    • No stab so you managed to become setup fodder for >half the tier
    • stealth rocks when you already have a rocker in aggron
  • So with all that in mind I gave you earthquake so you can actually just kill mons like lucario, cobalion, toxicroak, metagross, heliolisk, etc etc. The roost allows you to take pressure off your cleric since you're a strong independent flying scorpion who don't need no wishes. With sp.def you can switch into mons like sceptile, heliolisk, and celebi and proceed to u-turn out or kill them depending on the situation. This way you can at least u-turn on a celebis nasty plot and try to finish it off with cress signal beam or aggrons heavy slam. Its a decent pivot since its role isnt really to take knock offs.
-I saw you had toxic orb cross, and with stall its just a lot easier to use bulk up conkeldurr:
------------>

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up

• Conk is incredible right now in the meta and basically does what heracross is attempting to pull off on your team in breaking opposing walls, but the difference here is conk has access to drain punch and better overall defences allowing it to pull this role a lot better since its sustainability is a lot better. knock allows you to cripple faries by getting rid of lefites and forcing them to rely on their heals a lot more. With roar mega aggron in the back this basically makes opposing sylveons life a nightmare.
-Now the last mon we come to is Darmanitan which we can just change to milotic since we lack a fire resist after removing vaporeon:
---->

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic
- Recover

• With milo we now have a switch in to most fires as well as haze to clear off any scary sweepers that may have gotten to greedy. Toxic is a staple on all stalls and lacking it makes a lot of match ups go on for hours since you cant really touch certain walls without it. Marvel scale is great in general since you become stupidly hard to kill once its been activated with a burn.
Hopefully I haven't overwhelmed you bro, but in order to truly stall someone out in the stupidly offensive UU metagame you need to rely on a lot of top tier stall mons otherwise you'll just get broken in two. Gl with the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)