Stall Team - Full of Gimmicks? RMT Biznatch.

Being bored by how repetitive the standard game has become I decided to create a team based on a gimmicky stall startegy. The idea is to set up Stealth Rock with Swampert, set up Toxic Spikes and Light Screen with Forrestress, shuffle with Swampert, or Pseudo Phaze with Gliscor. Lets look at the team:

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Same ol' Swampah. I love this lead to death. When in trouble with Grass Pokemon Blissey is the answer. In the case of Breloom it has to be Gengar.
---

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/96 Def/162 SDef
- Earthquake
- Light Screen
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Forrestress with a no Magnezone fear. Light Screen increases its survivability as well as my teams. It boosts my team's Physically oriented Defenses. Boring one might say but its strictly utility. Team players ftw.
---

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/180 Def/72 Spd
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Screech
- Roost

On my team because I need immunities. Idea is simple. Screech and pseudo haze to Knock Off the incoming Pokemon's item. If my opponent decides to stay in they will meet a STAB'ed Earthquake. EVs allow me to outspeed Timid Magnezone and Jolly Tyranitar. No Aerial Ace for Heracross unfortunately.
---

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Here for Speed factor as well as unpredictability. I say I get pretty good coverage with this set. Max Speed because I want to beat other ScarfGars. My main special attacker. Hippowdown and Gliscor die at his hands.
---

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 148 HP/252 Def/108 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
- Flamethrower

Saw someone use this on me and thought it was a pretty cool way to counter Grass Pokemon or should I say Roserade. Toxic to weak Pokemon and Wish to help my team. Protect is there for obvious reasons.
---

Lucario (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 24 HP/252 Atk/96 Def/136 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Protect
- Extremespeed
- Swords Dance

The most gimmick set ever created. No Speed investment since his only forms of attack are Priority moves. Swords Dance is there to use on switches. Protect is to recover a little bit of Leftovers while allowing the toxic effects of my team take its toll on my opponents. Originally I thought Lucario got Mach Punch but unfortunately he does not. Sucker Punch would have also been cool to have on him. Really here to finish my opponents Pokemon. To deal with my Steel Pokemon problem I might run Brave so I could access Vacuum Wave without the loss of a defensive stat.
---

In order to be effective with this I must play my team right and out predict my opponents. I only run into problems when facing Breloom and Roserade. I hope to refine my 'finisher' Lucario with a bit of you guy's help.

ohi.

that swampert lead needs a lum berry. breloom is going to own you, and incapacitate gengar. With lum berry, you can just roar him out of there. I just know your flawless rebutle will be "but gengar resists seed bomb! of course I can switch out. It's a safe switch", if you think that breloom is going to take HP ice, you're dead wrong. Good lead though, I love swamp leads!

Your foretress is cool. Light screen + blissey = fuckin' win.

Cool gliscor, but taunt is better. You lack the heraweak to be worried about being hera weak. You can also just EQ the fuck out of hera. ;-)

Gengar unpredictable. That's fucking priceless.

Blissey looks good, sorta like obi bliss?

Although that lucario is the definition of win, you do actually need just a little speed. I worked out that 32 speed EVs gets you just 2 points above bulky gyarados. You can swords dance before he taunts you, and it's awwwright.

Nice team I&T.

ohi.

that swampert lead needs a lum berry. breloom is going to own you, and incapacitate gengar. With lum berry, you can just roar him out of there. I just know your flawless rebutle will be "but gengar resists seed bomb! of course I can switch out. It's a safe switch", if you think that breloom is going to take HP ice, you're dead wrong. Good lead though, I love swamp leads!

Im sure Seed Bomb 2HKOs Gengar. Lum Berry could help me but if my opponent decides to attack instead I am screwed. Swamp is ftw.

Your foretress is cool. Light screen + blissey = fuckin' win.

Of course.

Cool gliscor, but taunt is better. You lack the heraweak to be worried about being hera weak. You can also just EQ the fuck out of hera. ;-)

I know there isn't a Hera weak. Just pointing out no Aerial Ace. I haven't calculated how much EQ does to Heracross after a Screech. If I can get it in after Close Combat he is as good as toast.

Gengar unpredictable. That's fucking priceless.

Have you failed to notice the variety of Gengar that have been on Shoddy lately? I will not be the subject of your jokes XD

Blissey looks good, sorta like obi bliss?

Oh I see its part of his stall team.

Although that lucario is the definition of win, you do actually need just a little speed. I worked out that 32 speed EVs gets you just 2 points above bulky gyarados. You can swords dance before he taunts you, and it's awwwright.

How about the MixCario? I'm thinking for uber win:
Lucario
Mild Nature
-Vacuum Wave
-Bullet Punch
-Protect
-Swords Dance

Nice team I&T.
Thanks for the suggestions

Ike and Tina said:
Have you failed to notice the variety of Gengar that have been on Shoddy lately? I will not be the subject of your jokes XD
ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Like hell I have. Modest scarfgar and timid scarfgar.

Sigged.

Ike and Tina said:
How about the MixCario? I'm thinking for uber win:
Lucario
Mild Nature
-Vacuum Wave
-Bullet Punch
-Protect
-Swords Dance
Your one is fine, in fact epically awesome. That set is great to, but shift those 32 EVs into speed regardless.

ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Like hell I have. Modest scarfgar and timid scarfgar.

Sigged.

Well maybe you should battle more players. CounterSash and McGar are making a comeback!

Your one is fine, in fact epically awesome. That set is great to, but shift those 32 EVs into speed regardless.
Ill do the 32 EVs just to see how it works. Ill come up with a Hail team next XD

If you're going for gimmicks, I'd add a specsdos. I have one, and it's wonderful. People never expect it and it is somewhat potent. Great for killing incoming starmies if you can predict them switching in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)