ORAS Doubles OU Stallers in Unlikely Places...

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
~~Team Preview~~

~~Movesets and Reasonings~~

Rawr (Aerodactyl) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake / Taunt
- Protect

This here is one of my leads, along with Charizard. Interestingly enough, an Aerodactyl staller works pretty well, and even better along Megazard Y. On turn 1, I generally go straight for a Tailwind, to give Charizard the extra boost. I have the Focus Sash there to withstand a hit, which most likely will happen on turn 1. Megazard's Drought can help with those nasty Water attacks. Rock Slide is both STAB and a spreader move, which is great for sweeping. Then there's my uncertainty of E-Quake or Taunt. I've alternated between the two, and both have helped me out a lot. For example, Taunt is good for those nasty T-Roomers and Wide Guard users, and sometimes other T-Winders. Earthquake, though, is good against Aegislashes and Aggron. Paired with Charizard, though, there's a nice coverage. Unfortunately, if, somehow, my opponent lands a TR, my Aero is a sitting duck for Aegislashes and Scizors. If that happens, I can always switch into my own Aegi and Clawitzer... then there's Protect, which proves useful.

>

006 (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Protect
- Air Slash
- Solar Beam

This is Aerodactyl's partner in crime; a fast, somewhat bulky sweeper. What's not to like? My only problem with sending out two flying-types is the threat of Electric-type attacks, especially a Thunder from a Politoed rain team. Anyway, as to let Aerodactyl safely set up with T-Wind, I start out with Protect without Mega Evolving, unless the opponent starts out with a Politoed with Drizzle. In that case, as to remove the threat, I will Mega + Protect. Also, in the case of a Mega Kanga on turn 1, the Fake Out is usually directed to Zard. To go back to my point of E-Quake, it's great that I have this Flying-Type so I can avoid my own attack. If I don't feel like leading with Zard, I can go with my Latios, which will have a similar effect. Aero with Taunt can take out those uncommon but nasty Wide Guard users, so Zard's free to use Heat Wave. Solarbeam's great against TR Slowking and all other Water-types and Ground-types in general, and Air Slash is STAB and takes out Mienshao and other Fighters.

Quaker (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Dragon Claw

This is my second and last Earthquaker (hence the name), so if Aero or Charizard faints early, I can still make use of Charizard's/Aerodactyl's/Latios's immunity. It could also work tentatively with Aegislash, but King's Shield can only be used so many times without failing. Now that I look at it, it's really a substitute for Aerodactyl, with practically the same set. Of course, there's the exception that is Dragon Claw, which provides more coverage. Garchomp has a decent bulk, so it's great with it's combo of Rough Skin/Rocky Helmet. If I'm anticipating an Electric attack on either of my two leads, I can switch to Chomp to absorb the attack. I've found that it's a great check to Mega Manectric and extremely bulky mons like [Mega] Aggron.

Latkes (Latios) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

This is a bit dangerous for me, especially since the introduction of Fairy-Types. With two Dragons on the team, it is likely that I will get into trouble. With my addition of Aegislash, though, it's proven to be not much of a problem. That said, this Pokémon is also a danger for my opponent, as it has insane power when Spec'd. I can OHKO or 2HKO most anything here, as I have great coverage. There are still some threats out there, such as the rare Florges or Klefki, or basically any bulky Fairies. I'm able to 2HKO Bisharp with Dragon Pulse, but a Sucker Punch or Knock Off will OHKO me. Guaranteed. With Tailwind, I will get the bonus of a Scarf and more. I'm debating between Psychic and Psyshock; I love Psyshock, but the 10 BP difference throws me off. Please give me some feedback! :3

Extra: In my modified version of this team for VGC, Latios has a Latiosite, so I can use it instead of Zard.

Pulse (Clawitzer) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Water Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Heal Pulse / Dark Pulse

First, I would like you to take a moment to enjoy the beauty that is a Shiny Clawitzer. I mean, look at that... it's my favorite Poké <3... Ahem. Back to the set! Everyone on the internet so far says Clawitzer should run Scald instead of Water Pulse, but I disagree. with its 90 base power and its same probability to confuse as it is to burn with Scald, with its 80 base power - I don't know, guys - I really love Water Pulse. Anyway, Clawitzer comes with great coverage, as it can OHKO Salamence with D-Pulse and take out multitudes of nasty threats. My only problem is Zard's Sun, which cuts Claw's Water attacks and leaves it open for an S-Beam. Fortunately, though, the Sun only lasts five turns, and hopefully the other team will be out by then. Both Heal Pulse and Dark Pulse seem to be needed to me, because I don't have anyone else with a Dark attacking move, but Heal Pulse can work great through Aegi's King's Shield. So that's a debate up for grabs... Really, people, you should see this beast in battle. Nobody likes an angry Clawitzer.

Prisoner Fi (Aegislash) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
~Wide Guard????

And now we come to the last Pokémon on my team, but certainly not the least. I never was a good Slash user, and it somehow feels out of place on my team. For now, though, it seems fine. I guess I run the standard set; it has good compatibility with my team, but I've pretty much already mentioned those. Wide Guard might be a swap for... something... as I see the threat of spreaded attacks from my own team. Suggestions would be awesome!

~~The Hate List~~
  • Bisharp!!!!!
  • Stealth Rocks (maybe put Defog on Latios?)
  • Rock Attacks
  • Taunt
  • Trick Room
  • More to come...
~~Closing Remarks~~

And that is my team! Here're some replays if you guys want to watch them...

Here's one...
And another...
And one more for y'all!

Anyway, guys, thanks in advance for your feedback; I hope to get lots! ;D

Rawr (Aerodactyl) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect

006 (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Protect
- Air Slash
- Solar Beam

Quaker (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Dragon Claw

Latkes (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Pulse (Clawitzer) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Mega Launcher
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Water Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Heal Pulse

Prisoner Fi (Aegislash) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Use minimum speed on Clawitzer and Aegislash, it'll make your life easier against Trick Room. Also Specs Latios should really run Draco Meteor instead of Dragon Pulse, as it's best used as a "in n out" type of mon, and Specs Draco Meteor ends lives and will pick up several OHKO's that Dragon Pulse only dreams of getting. It should also probably be played beside some form of redirection to get around pesky Sucker Punch users. On Charizard, there is almost no reason to be running Air Slash, as it provides near redundant coverage, so instead you should probably run coverage like HP Ground or Focus Blast, or outright nukes like Fire Blast or Overheat, and if you really wanna go out there, Tailwind. And lastly, you might want something more solid for threats like Mega Diancie, who can run through this team if Aegislash is out, so yeah.

Unsee

is an Artist
Use minimum speed on Clawitzer and Aegislash, it'll make your life easier against Trick Room. Also Specs Latios should really run Draco Meteor instead of Dragon Pulse, as it's best used as a "in n out" type of mon, and Specs Draco Meteor ends lives and will pick up several OHKO's that Dragon Pulse only dreams of getting. It should also probably be played beside some form of redirection to get around pesky Sucker Punch users. On Charizard, there is almost no reason to be running Air Slash, as it provides near redundant coverage, so instead you should probably run coverage like HP Ground or Focus Blast, or outright nukes like Fire Blast or Overheat, and if you really wanna go out there, Tailwind. And lastly, you might want something more solid for threats like Mega Diancie, who can run through this team if Aegislash is out, so yeah.
I completely disagree with your claim that there is no reason to be running Air Slash. It is the only Flying-type move I have on my team and is necessary for Megacham and threats to Aero. I feel the need to keep it.

Thanks for your point of removing the IVs for speed on Slash and Claw, that should be a big help.

When you say redirection, do you mean moves such as Roar and Dragon Tail? Or something like Follow Me? Unfortunately I am not familiar with the term.

Good point about Mega Diancie being dangerous without Slash; maybe I can run Iron Head on Garchomp instead of Rock Slide?

I'll definitely try out Draco Meteor instead of D-Pulse on Latios, maybe it'll be a great help!

And another note: could I swap Slash for Lucario to combat Diancie and provide Fighting coverage?

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
I completely disagree with your claim that there is no reason to be running Air Slash. It is the only Flying-type move I have on my team and is necessary for Megacham and threats to Aero. I feel the need to keep it.

Thanks for your point of removing the IVs for speed on Slash and Claw, that should be a big help.

When you say redirection, do you mean moves such as Roar and Dragon Tail? Or something like Follow Me? Unfortunately I am not familiar with the term.

Good point about Mega Diancie being dangerous without Slash; maybe I can run Iron Head on Garchomp instead of Rock Slide?

I'll definitely try out Draco Meteor instead of D-Pulse on Latios, maybe it'll be a great help!

And another note: could I swap Slash for Lucario to combat Diancie and provide Fighting coverage?
Mega Medicham is not something to be concerned about in doubles as it's rarely seen. If you're worried about fighting types, you already have a good check with Latios.

Redirection is the term used for moves that target attacks toward the user, such as Follow Me and Rage Powder.

Honestly I don't think you need to change any of Garchomp's moves. Rock Slide can be considered one of the best moves in doubles thanks to its spread and chance to flinch. If you're worried about Mega Diancie, don't forget that Clawitzer is actually a really good check to it.
252+ SpA Expert Belt Mega Launcher Clawitzer Water Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 377-446 (156.4 - 185%) -- guaranteed OHKO

As for my personal rate, I really only have to say that your team is really super offensive, and would appreciate having a bit more support. Running Wide Guard on Aegislash will help (in which case I would remove Shadow Sneak). Also run Taunt on Aerodactyl, as it will make it an excellent anti Trick Room lead. Lastly may I suggest replacing Clawlitzer with Rotom-Wash? It has access to support moves like Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave, which will really help your team out against strong Physical attackers, and slow down the opponent, giving you more room to sweep. I would personally suggest Will-O-Wisp, as it will help deal with Bisharp, which is under your list of threats you made. Rotom-Wash is also great at being an amazing support and offensive presence, so I highly suggest you try it out.

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 212 HP / 164 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

That's all I got. Cool team, and good luck!

Last edited:

Unsee

is an Artist
Mega Medicham is not something to be concerned about in doubles as it's rarely seen. If you're worried about fighting types, you already have a good check with Latios.

Redirection is the term used for moves that target attacks toward the user, such as Follow Me and Rage Powder.

Honestly I don't think you need to change any of Garchomp's moves. Rock Slide can be considered one of the best moves in doubles thanks to its spread and chance to flinch. If you're worried about Mega Diancie, don't forget that Clawitzer is actually a really good check to it.
252+ SpA Expert Belt Mega Launcher Clawitzer Water Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 377-446 (156.4 - 185%) -- guaranteed OHKO

As for my personal rate, I really only have to say that your team is really super offensive, and would appreciate having a bit more support. Running Wide Guard on Aegislash will help (in which case I would remove Shadow Sneak). Also run Taunt on Aerodactyl, as it will make it an excellent anti Trick Room lead. Lastly may I suggest replacing Clawlitzer with Rotom-Wash? It has access to support moves like Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave, which will really help your team out against strong Physical attackers, and slow down the opponent, giving you more room to sweep. I would personally suggest Will-O-Wisp, as it will help deal with Bisharp, which is under your list of threats you made. Rotom-Wash is also great at being an amazing support and offensive presence, so I highly suggest you try it out.

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 212 HP / 164 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

That's all I got. Cool team, and good luck!
Thanks! I'll try them out!

Anyone have any more suggestions? :3

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Charizard's Fire Blast in Sun out damages Air Slash against all targets except the Fire/Fighting starters and Flash Fire users (and you lose to Heatran, the only relevant one, anyway).

Unsee

is an Artist
Charizard's Fire Blast in Sun out damages Air Slash against all targets except the Fire/Fighting starters and Flash Fire users (and you lose to Heatran, the only relevant one, anyway).
Are you suggesting I swap Air Slash for Fire Blast?

You shouldnt run min speed on Aegislash, in an aegislash mirror you can keep spamming substitute while your opponent attacks. Eventually they will Kings Shield and you are sitting behind a sub! Also have fun wherever youre going :]

Unsee

is an Artist
I don't run sub on it... And I'm swapping Shadow Sneak for Wide Guard.

I was going home from vacation XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)