ORAS OU STANDARD ALERT [M-Altaria+Heatran]

Hello everybody, and welcome to my first RMT here in Smogon. This one is a team I built around Altaria and Heatran. I'm posting this team because it served to me in some tournament matches and I feel it's the one that represents my playstyle the best.

THE TEAM AT A GLANCE

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS
+

I started the team with the altaria+heatran core. Heatran removes bulky steel/fire types and then ez ez altaria sweep
+

The team seemed really weak to azumarill and excadrill, so I added Hippowdon and Ferrothorn, the pokémon that give me stealth rock+spikes (Hippowdon can check heatran too, to make easier the ez ez altaria sweep)

I added tornadus-therian by two reasons. The first one was that I needed a ground inmunity and particularly annihilates Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Leech Seed Venusaur (really annoying).

I needed a spinner and a icy wind keldeo/stallbreaker heatran check, so starmie was the better option.
THE TEAM UNDER THE MICROSCOPE

ez, ez sweep
Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance ----- ez ez sweep
- Roost ----- recovery move
- Return ------ ez ez sweep
- Heal Bell ----- helps with w-o-w/toxic

EV SPREAD: The given EV spread along with an Impish nature optimizes Altaria's defenses and is ideal for setting up Dragon Dance. 28 Speed EVs are required to outrun Mega Lopunny and Manectric at +2, and to outrun maximum Speed Azumarill when unboosted. Mega Altaria can't be 2HKOed by Choice Band Dragonite's Earthquake, Life Orb Thundurus's Hidden Power Ice, Mega Heracross's Rock Blast, and +1 Jolly Mega Charizard X's Flare Blitz.

breaks stall ez ez
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm ----- Main STAB, 100 base power and traps the target
- Earth Power ----- Fuck oppo heatran lol
- Taunt ----- Stallbreak ez ez
- Toxic ----- Residual Damage and helps with stall

EV SPREAD: 252 SpA/252Spe to maximize offensive presence, timid nature over modest to maximize speed.

hehehe talonflame
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake ----- Main STAB
- Stealth Rock ----- The best move actually lol
- Slack Off ----- Recovery move
- Stone Edge ----- Talonflame is a big problem

EV SPREAD: The EV spread avoids the 2HKO from Life Orb Thundurus's and Mega Manectric's Hidden Power Ice, as well as the OHKO from +2 Life Orb Terrakion's Close Combat.

I don't know what to write here.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 72 Def / 178 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes ----- Very helpful move
- Leech Seed ----- Recovery
- Power Whip ----- KO things like gastrodon or Quagsire
- Gyro Ball ----- Needed to kill fast mons

EV SPREAD: 4 Speed EVs and Impish Nature because Sableye at 50% can't switch in. 252 HP/72 Def/178 SpD to maximize bulk

BIG BIIIIIIIIIIIIIRD.
Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane ----- Best STAB, allows tornadus to KO Keldeo
- Heat Wave ----- Coverage move, helps with scizor/thorn/any steel
- Knock Off ----- Knocks items, very helpful to deal with heatran
- U-turn ----- Helps with the momentum

EV SPREAD: The EVs give Tornadus-T a guaranteed OHKO on Keldeo with Hurricane whilst allowing it to outspeed Choice Scarf Tyranitar and still having some bulk to take on the likes of Gengar and Choice Specs Keldeo better.

Spin spin spin hehehe
Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Reflect Type

EV SPREAD: Full HP to maximize bulk and full Speed to outspeed some things. Timid Nature to maximize speed.
THREATS:

-
: Superpower Azumarill literally destroys this team.

-
: Rock Slide+Earthquake can ez sweep me if Altaria can't switch in.
-
: 252 Atk Adamant+ LO can sweep me if Hippowdon isn't at 100%.
-
: Fast SD+3 attacks. Every time it switch-ins can kill a pokémon.
-
: This thing literally destroys me, but I hope It will be banned

Ty for reading, let me know if this team has more threats :)

Last edited:
Hey nice team. I recommend getting rid of starmie for rotom-w which checks all the physical attackers that your team is weak to as well as Keldeo and assorted water types. Since you need hazard removal, you could remove hippowdon and use latias. Latias can check venusaur quite well too. instead as talonflame is checked by rotom-w. Or you could replace tornadus, that depends on you. If you do keep tornadus, however, tornadus and rotom could form a VoltTurn core. If you don't want to lose stealth rock you could use heatran's offensive stealth rock set along with latias and rotom-w. Additionally, you could go t-wave instead of gyro ball on ferro so that latias doesn't have to risk speed ties with gengar etc.
Basically
Latias>tornadus-t/hippowdon
Rotom-w>Starmie.

Sets:
Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.
hey nice team. Honestly, I think it's better off with Bulk Up Talonflame > Heatran. Altaria + Magnet support for Ferrothorn / Skarmory is really threatening to your team, especially if Altaria has Earthquake. Talonflame handles Altaria and isn't able to be trapped by Magnets and you have hazard control in Starmie, so you don't need to go out the way to put on a spinner. Bulk Up Talonflame is also a solid Stallbreaker too, so you don't just lose against Stall matchups. I would also change Tornadus-T's ev spread to the updated one that allows it to outrun Alakazam. I also feel that you are quite weak to Mega Gardevoir, Talonflame helps this but Psyshock can break it, so I'm going to suggest Chople Berry on Ferrothorn, this allows you to survive a Focus Blast then OHKO easily with Gyro Ball (also very useful against Keldeo and Alakazam).

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 236 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Changes in short:
Talonflame >
Heatran
96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe > 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Chople Berry >
Leftovers

That's all I got and I hope I could help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)