Standard RMT [Stall Team, OU] Team No name

Ok so please READ this: There are moves that i chose to include BEFORE i made the them, and they are: Spikes, Toxic spikes, Stealth rock, Heal bell. Leech seed, a sleep move (sleep poweder), Light Screen, Reflect, Wish, Rapid spin, Roar.

At a glance:

Forretress (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/112 Atk/144 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Toxic Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Rest
- Spikes
---
Now this is where I went with Spikes and toxic spikes, He gets both and is quite hard to bring down so it seemed like the best choice seeing as i didnt haev room for a spearate spiker and toxix spiker. I went with the obvious Gyro ball because i get STAB and it can handle its self better this way. Now here is where i went away from the normal, i decided rest was the better choice than explosion or anything else. This is b/c i simply want him alive. With Heal bell on miltank i can rest switch out and come back awake. But i have a question should i keep this as the lead? or have someone else?

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP/224 Def/32 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam
---
Well, first of all i went with miltank as a cleric b/c its strong defences and thick fat help on the switch in's, but aslo it provides a normal type so i get a much needed ghost resistance. Next i gave her SR becuase it is needed for almost any time not to mention a stall team. Thick fat b/c scrappy really is not worth it, the def boost is better than hitting one more type. Body slam provides for another form of pissble stall, paralisis. Other than that i think there isnt much to change here, unless you have an idea

Venusaur (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP/152 Def/106 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Light Screen
---
Ok Venusaur is one my favourite pokemon of all time so i almost always use it, but this time I used it for more than just that it gave me 3 crucial moves. Light screen, Leech seed, Sleep power. Sleep powder is still at 75 accuracy over hypnosis so thats a plus. Leech seed helps bring HP back to venusaur along with giga drain. And light screen provides more sp def for my entire team. Giga drain is nice b/c i can attack AND get HP back sinse he is lacking a HP recovery move.

Gardevoir (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP/32 Spd/20 SAtk/206 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
---
I went with Trace here b/c it can help with things like Heatran (fire proof stops him dead in his tracks) Also taking natural cure off blissey is a nice bonus. Wish is here b/c its needed. Calm mind seemed like a nice choice, i figure if im in why not raise my sp def and sp attack. I know psychic has weak type coverage but it a solid move and gets STAB so i figure its worth it unless you have a suggestion. Now T-wave here over will-o-wisp b/c well dusknoir has will-o-wisp. Unless you have a better idea thats how it will stay.

Dusknoir (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Pain Split
- Sucker Punch
- Thunderpunch
---
Pain split is a nice move, its the best way for him to get any HP, If venu can manage to Sleep someone at ful Hp he can pain split or a pain split on a switch works as well. Will-o-wisp is good becuase it helps cover his lower def in this situation, and it cripples pokemon well. Sucker punch b/c its nice for priortiy. Now t-punch is b/c i need more coverage. Hmm he worries me somehow tho....

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Shard
- Roar
- Earthquake
---
Pretty standard, rfapid spin is here b/c i feel like stealth rocks will be a nuisance. Ice shard for dragons and ofcourse priority. Roar is to stop those trying to set up. and i guess EQ for STAB and coverage. Idk what to say here he is another worry to me. feel free to sugest a better rapid spinner. Sorry not much more to say here....

Ok well thats is, i know this will need a major revamp so please go ahead and say what u think is necessry

If ur gonna carry dual screen then U want it to be as early as possible. for that I suggest the standard dual screen bronzer sent to replace vedasor on ur team and fortress as ur lead. because ur running a very defensive set on gravador I suggest U upgrade to the full on wish bliss. it can get nearly the exact same set as gravador but possibly replace the psychic U will lose with ice beam for a walling combo between dusknor and its thunder punch with a ghost weakness and fighting immunity and blissy with its ice beam/blizzard with fight weakness and ghost immunity.

You should probably have Donphan lead or something and/or teach it or Forretress Stealth Rock? -Drops in Suggestion Box-

GO with Blissey over that Gardevoir. Blissey is a stable on any good Stall Team, and does the job of Gardevoir better. Trace isn't as good as it seems on the paper, that's the reason why Gardevoir and Porygon-2 remain on their respective tiers and not in OU.
Also i recommend changing Donphan for a Starmie or a Tenta, and changing Dusknoir for a Restalk Rotom-h.
I can't see what's Venusaur doing for this team, but if it works to you, go ahead.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Premising that I'm not a great stall player, I'll try to give you some advices:

1) You are really weak to SD Lucario and to a lesser extent Infernape (against mix-Ape your only hope is Gardevoir, which, by the way, has a very frail physical defence). First of all, you could replace Venusaur, which doesn't seem to fit in this team at all, with a defensive Gyarados:

Gyarados@leftovers
nature: impish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
-waterfall
-roar
-rest
-sleep talk

This pokemon checks Lucario and every stone edge-less Infernape, and may also help with Heatran. It's also an extra insurance against Scizor.

2) Gardevoir isn't going to sweep with calm mind, so in that spot thunderbolt would be a fine choice to counter Gyarados more effectively, and thanks to trace you can switch into it (just keep in mind that Gardevoir can't take repeated waterfalls, so be careful when switching into Gyara). As someone else suggested, Porygon 2 could be a better choice in this spot, so give it a try, this is the suggested set:

Porygon 2@leftovers
nature: bold
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpA
-discharge
-recover
-ice beam
-thunder wave/ magic coat

Obviously this pokemon doesn't provide the wish support that Gardevoir provides, but does almost everything else better. It can also come on draco meteor-less Salamence and force it out or ko it. The wish support your team needs can be provided by my next suggestion.

3) Miltank is pretty useless on this team, you already have two physical walls (Forrretress and Donphan) and Miltank doesn't help against strong special hitters like Latias and Gengar. I really suggest you to use Blissey in this spot. So:

Blissey@leftovers
nature: calm
trait: natural cure
EVs: 252 Def / 80 SpA / 176 SpD
-wish
-protect
-flamethrower
-toxic

Alternatively, if you feel that you need a cleric or you do decide to keep Gardevoir as your wish passer, use aromatherapy and softboiled over wish and protect.

4) I'd probably keep Forretress as your lead, though you'll be forced out by common leads like Heatran and Azelf.

5) Consider earthquake on Dusknoir, Heatran loves to switch into it for a free flash fire boost and EQ will be a nasty surprise for it. EQ can also scare Infernape if you switch in on a close combat.

That's all, I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Pretty much what everyone else has suggested. Give Forretress Rapid Spin over Toxic Spikes, and consider taking Payback/Explosion over Rest. Forretress can also use Light Screen effectively in that slot.Then change Donphan to a Swampert with Earthquake/Ice Beam/Stealth Rock and Roar or Protect, and lead with that.

Rotom-H is better than Dusknoir in just about everyway, I'd suggest changing to that, although Dusknoir is usable if you want to keep it. Rotom should run a RestTalk set with either Shadow Ball+Thunderbolt or one of the attacks+Will-o-Wisp. Alternatively, you can run both attacks and Will-o-Wisp without Sleep Talk, and take Aromatherapy on Blissey.

You definately need a RestTalk Gyara somewhere, it's one of the main members of current stall teams in countering a lot of physical threats, especially SD Lucario, who can 6-0 you otherwise. I'd replace Venusaur or Gardevoir, as neither does much for you.

Should you make the changes I suggested, Blissey is a much better choice than Miltank, the powerful special walling will be incredibly important, especailly when it comes to reliably switching into threats such as Heatran, and you should already have enough physical defense to manage. I'd run the Calm set with 252 Def/80 Sp Atk/176 Sp Def (should you run Seismic Toss over a special attack, the Sp Atk EVs can be moved elsewhere), and either Wish/Protect/Toxic or Softboiled/Aromatherapy/Toxic with Ice Beam/Seismic Toss/Flamethrower as the final move.

Finally, I'd suggest using either a Celebi or a Suicune over whichever is left out of Gardevoir and Venusaur (although it sounds like you might want to keep Venusaur). Celebi can play the same role as Venusaur does currently, but has better stats, and access to instant recovery that's much more reliable than Giga Drain. Celebi also gets U-turn for scouting and bringing in a counter more easily and Perish Song to force out late-game threats such as Curse+RestTalk pokemon. Suicune lets you switch in and set up on a number of threats, as well as being able to clean up late game once residual damage has taken its toll.

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)