Started From a Dragon Steel Fairy (DSF) Core

My first ever competitive team, I started with Noivern, Togekiss and Metagross, adding weakness checks and immunities along the way.

Skarmory @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Taunt

The annoyer and utility set-up.

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

The fast paced special sweeper.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave

Bulky Status Support. Love this guy, but I am still torn between making him offensive or supportive.

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 8 Spd / 248 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

My main physical Sweeper. I MM my way to being unstoppable.

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance

A late game sweeper or based on certain opponents my lead.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin

Originally I needed a sweeper and Tentacruel wasnt tanky enough (or I just played with him wrong).

First of all welcome to smogon and the competitive scene:) for a first team your team is really solid but there's just one thing and that's the sash on skarmory it doesn't need to be there because sturdy is like a perma sash

First of all welcome to smogon and the competitive scene:) for a first team your team is really solid but there's just one thing and that's the sash on skarmory it doesn't need to be there because sturdy is like a perma sash
thank u for the warm welcome. is shed shell a better option? cause i am already using leftovers.

Your team has no lightning resist. Two flying/dragons aren't helping your coverage at all. I strongly suggest replacing noivern and metagross. Both are merely average and don't contribute much to your team.

You need to elaborate upon that, who should he replace noivern with and meta gross with. Not havig a resist to one type isn't that big of a deal unless it's a glarin weakness like this one but still

My first ever competitive team, I started with Noivern, Togekiss and Metagross, adding weakness checks and immunities along the way.

Skarmory @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Taunt

The annoyer and utility set-up.

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

The fast paced special sweeper.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave

Bulky Status Support. Love this guy, but I am still torn between making him offensive or supportive.

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 8 Spd / 248 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

My main physical Sweeper. I MM my way to being unstoppable.

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance

A late game sweeper or based on certain opponents my lead.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin

Originally I needed a sweeper and Tentacruel wasnt tanky enough (or I just played with him wrong).
Why people insist on using noivern is crazy.

Noivern, even with specs, is simply outclassed by any other special sweeper.

ok im not sure if this is released yet but rather than lefties on skarm custap berry would be significantly better since you have tailwind being somewhat of a suicide move
Oops sorry for double post

thank u for the warm welcome. is shed shell a better option? cause i am already using leftovers.
There is no item clause. Give Skarmory Leftovers as well.

Noivern is outclassed if not using Infiltrator.

Run more bulk on Togekiss (248 HP/252 Defense or SpDef/8 Speed, giving max bulk and SR setter and beats uninvested 80s)

Aura Sphere > Ice Beam on Blastoise

Earthquake or Extreme Speed over Roost on Dragonite and Outrage over Dragon Claw.

Simplest changes without revamping the entire team.

Your team has no lightning resist. Two flying/dragons aren't helping your coverage at all. I strongly suggest replacing noivern and metagross. Both are merely average and don't contribute much to your team.
who would u suggest to replace my sweepers? i am having a hard time with noivern,ii do have a jolteon.

1 word, Infiltrator. Infiltrator and the high speed is the only reason I would use Noivern. With the amount of Defog and Rapid Spin in the current meta, I would not even bother with using hazards but if you would still like to, I would switch Skarmory possibly to a Suicide Lead Gigalith. If you decide that you really do not need the hazards, I would still recommend switching Skarmory to a Ground type. Imo, Mamoswine would fit well due to the fact that you also have 3 Ice weaknesses. I also agree to the changes said by dbzmariogeno.

Why can't you run two leftovers? Are you playing under "item clause"?

If you're playing with "item clause" and can only use one leftovers as a result, then move them from Togekiss. Skarmory really wants its Leftovers.

Actually, now that I think on it, Swag might be on to something with the rocky helmet. If you have to use it on one of them, skarm could get the most use out of it.

If we want to get really cute and gimmicky with your Togekiss, you can even run "Red Card" and auto-shuffle your opponent to spread paralysis around a bit more. Paraflinch as usual and when your foe DOES get to hit you, it automatically gets switched-out so you can paralyze even more opponents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)