Stat Exchange XY

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Approved by The Immortal

In this metagame, you swap your Pokemon's defenses with their offenses. For example, let's say you have a Regirock. In Stat Exchange, you swap Regirock's base 100 Attack with his base 200 Defense, resulting in him having 100 base Defense and base 200 Attack! Ouch. In a more defensive point of view, Archeops has pretty good 140 / 112 defenses, and having Defeatist doesn't really matter much when you have 65 in both offenses. So many Pokemon that were once called defensive juggernauts suddenly become offensive behemoths, and vice-versa, so there will be quite a gameplay difference.

There are also a few things worth noting when teambuilding in this metagame:
-Stat Exchange changes the base stats of a Pokemon, so if you want Regirock to have more power, simply move the EVs into his Attack. This also applies to IVs.
-Items that increase/decrease the damage dealt/received still power up what they're supposed to power up, so Eviolite still raises Defense and Special Defense by 50%, Choice Band still raises Attack, and so forth. So if you give Chansey an Eviolite, it will factor in her now 5 / 35 defenses, giving Kyurem-B a Choice Band powers up his now base 100 Attack, etc...

Threatlist:

Azumarill has a new and improved base 80 Attack to work with, and with Huge Power and an Adamant nature, she now has an astonishing 568! Factor in Belly Drum and Aqua Jet, and you have a monster on your hands.

Shuckle now has a horrifying base 230 Attack and Special Attack to throw around, and even has the movepool to make it happen. Sure, he has nonexistent bulk now, but he does have Sturdy to live any one hit, and if you can bring him in while Trick Room is active, you'd best have priority on your team, or the fight may very well be over at that point.

Kecleon now has a good base 120 Special Attack, and when backed by Protean and a wide special movepool, not many Pokemon will be able to wall his onslaught.

The banlist is as follows:

Arceus
Deoxys
Deoxys-A
Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Kyurem-W
Lugia
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zekrom

OHKO Clause
Moody Ban
Double Team/Minimize Ban
3 Baton Pass users per team
Swagger Ban

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bye Aegislash!

also Huge Power mons in general look absolutely fierce here, but the're also generally more frail so they may not be broken.

Latias is now Latios with Healing Wish and therefore completely outclasses it (unless you really like Memento for some reason)

and Deo-D looks like a completely ridiculous Scarfer, good think its bulk is appaling

Things I notice right off the bat:

Registeel is now THE mixed attacker, with 150/150 offenses. Actually fuck you Deoxys-D exists
Aegislash gets shit on by another meta.
Mega-Ampharos has unreasonable special bulk.
Landorus-I is a solid wall with 89/125/115 defenses

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
cobalion:

This thing is the new terrakion, except a nerfed gliscor/lslowbro are in play so sweeping becomes much easier!
but wait, what happens to landorus-t, terrakions best check?
the ultimate physical wall:

145 base physical defense + intimidate!:v4:
including a not shabby 105 special defense, overall a great defensive SR setter, but requires wishes from stuff like mega gardevoir (which is also now defensive :D)

edit: I like stall. I will make stall.

i really like this, scizor could be a mix, and mew would change the most (not really), mega aggron still gets decent defence, BUT 230 ATTACK!

Aggron has base 180 Atk and recoil free STAB Head Smash. Slap on a CB and put it in TR, and watch everything die (Except Aggron).
Goodra now has base 150 SpA, and good coverage with Sludge Wave, Fire Blast, etc. The only thing that can stop it now is Heatran, who is a great special wall.
Latios and Latias have exchanged stats, among a few other pairs like Terrakion and Cobalion, Keldeo and Virizion.
Granbull also deserves mention as a Physical wall, with 90/120 physical bulk backed up with Intimidate, a great Fairy typing and support move pool, including Taunt, Heal Bell, Super Fang, Roar, Thunder Wave and Toxic.

Well, Greninja has the bulk to be a better Spikes lead now I guess. With Taunt, U-turn and Scald/Water Shuriken it can do that pretty nicely.
A Head Smash from Aggron will hurt really badly and Mega Aggron has an insane Attack stat. Rock Polish sets will be great for it.
Mega Charizard X is kind of a defensive behemoth now. Will-o-Wisp will continue to be a great set for it along with bulky Dragon Dance.
Kyurem is bulky as hell, though its defensive typing is kinda poor.
Blaziken now gives Scolipede competition as a Baton Passer with its extra bulk, though Scolipede still has better speed and attack with solid physical bulk.
Aeigislash is much worse now and will need to set up in its frail form before being able to do a thing.
Lucario is very interesting now, as it gets more chances to Swords Dance/Nasty Plot, but it is much weaker and much worse at revenge killing with Extremespeed or Vacuum Wave.
Blissey is less annoying now and more fun for me at least thanks to its high special attack and lowered special bulk.

This should switch HP and Speed too.

I'm curious how viable things like Ferrothorn and Cofagrigus are, this meta game is loaded with slow powerful attacks. Speedy offensive is pretty much dead because previously fast pokemon were usually balanced out by low defenses, having stall being one of the faster play styles is pretty ironic.

Aggron's max attack stat: 299+160=459 when neutral, or 514 when boosted by nature
Deoxys-D attacking stats: 299+120= 419 ( 356 uninvested ) or 460 when boosted by nature.
How do these look with a Scarf on?
Also, prepare Screens, because 274*2*4=
add a priority and you will have a little, cuuuute, adorable, blue water critter which will kill you and your family!

I welcome our new overlords of attack stat:
avalugg - 184
Cloyster - 180
Steelix - 200

Also something funny:
Gallade and Hitmontop turn into alright special attackers

Infact:
Going deeper on to this, cloyster tho.
Just cloyster.
180 attack, SHELL SMASH, wreck havoc

Last edited:
I welcome our new overlords of attack stat:
avalugg - 184
Cloyster - 180
Steelix - 200

Also something funny:
Gallade and Hitmontop turn into alright special attackers

Infact:
Going deeper on to this, cloyster tho.
Just cloyster.
180 attack, SHELL SMASH, wreck havoc
slap a focus sash on that thing and only extreme speed will stop it

Things i notice:
Offensive blissey coming through
Deoxys-D would like to have a word with stall
Goodra has 150 base spa and coverage
Skarmory becomes the strongest brave bird user
Welcome ampharos-mega, our greatest special wall

Also mega bannette everywhere to counter those aggrons with 165 defense and willowisp and even cotton guard

Skymin looks very interesting to me. She can now take on a supportive role with aromatherapy, tailwind, healing wish, etc.
Diggersby gets a better attack stat, but not as good as azumarill's
Milotic gets a cool 125 base special attack
Scrafty is awesome now and doesnt need a set up(maybe for speed though). Same with Umbreon.
Claydol can use his special movepool reliably :D

Approved by The Immortal

In this metagame, you swap your Pokemon's defenses with their offenses. For example, let's say you have a Regirock. In Stat Exchange, you swap Regirock's base 100 Attack with his base 200 Defense, resulting in him having 100 base Defense and base 200 Attack! Ouch. In a more defensive point of view, Archeops has pretty good 140 / 112 defenses, and having Defeatist doesn't really matter much when you have 65 in both offenses. So many Pokemon that were once called defensive juggernauts suddenly become offensive behemoths, and vice-versa, so there will be quite a gameplay difference.

There are also a few things worth noting when teambuilding in this metagame:
-Stat Exchange changes the base stats of a Pokemon, so if you want Regirock to have more power, simply move the EVs into his Attack. This also applies to IVs.
-Items that increase/decrease the damage dealt/received still power up what they're supposed to power up, so Eviolite still raises Defense and Special Defense by 50%, Choice Band still raises Attack, and so forth. So if you give Chansey an Eviolite, it will factor in her now 5 / 35 defenses, giving Kyurem-B a Choice Band powers up his now base 100 Attack, etc...

Threatlist:

Azumarill has a new and improved base 80 Attack to work with, and with Huge Power and an Adamant nature, she now has an astonishing 568! Factor in Belly Drum and Aqua Jet, and you have a monster on your hands.

Shuckle now has a horrifying base 230 Attack and Special Attack to throw around, and even has the movepool to make it happen. Sure, he has nonexistent bulk now, but he does have Sturdy to live any one hit, and if you can bring him in while Trick Room is active, you'd best have priority on your team, or the fight may very well be over at that point.

Kecleon now has a good base 120 Special Attack, and when backed by Protean and a wide special movepool, not many Pokemon will be able to wall his onslaught.

The banlist is as follows:

Arceus
Deoxys
Deoxys-A
Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Kyurem-W
Lugia
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zekrom

OHKO Clause
Moody Ban
Double Team/Minimize Ban
3 Baton Pass users per team
Swagger Ban
Awww what? I had a Metagame almost exactly like this I put in submissions a month ago, and no moderators replied to it... ;_;

Oh well...

Mega mawile is 250 attack..... :O
Zygarde anyone? 121 attack now with still some nice defenses..
Florges with 154 special attack :3
And last but not least, Goodra with 150 special attack, 100 defense and 110 special defense.. This thing will wreck :D

EV

Banned deucer.
Mega mawile is 250 attack..... :O
Zygarde anyone? 121 attack now with still some nice defenses..
Florges with 154 special attack :3
And last but not least, Goodra with 150 special attack, 100 defense and 110 special defense.. This thing will wreck :D
Base 125 Attack x 2 =/= Base 250 Attack (but it is still ridiculous.)

EV

Banned deucer.
I've ran the calculations, and MMaw actually effectively has around 299 base Attack. Yikes.
Even worse! I have a feeling some of the big boys will get quick bans this time around. If I remember correctly, last gen didn't ban.

Steelix with life orb sheer force would be ridiculous. Staraptor has sizeable bulk intimidate defog and recovery with roost whick is nice. Will this meta ever be a thing on showdown?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)