Stat Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Welcome to Stat Loop

Ever wanted your favorite Pokemon to have better stats, or thought of a strategy that a Pokemon could use, but it had too lackluster stats? Well not anymore as...

In this Metagame all the Pokemon's Stats are switched between them, but in a special way. All Pokemon's stats are given to the next Pokemon in the line.

Ex. Politoed, Keldeo, Sharpedo, Heatran, Toxicroak, Latios

Keldeo gets Politoed’s Stats, Sharpedo gets Keldeo’s Stats, Heatran gets Sharpedo’s Stats, ETC. Eventually Politoed gets Latios stats.

The current banlist is only Shedinja

Ideas:
Pure Power and Huge Power (Can sweep very easily)

Eviolite (Gives insane defenses to some mons, for example Eviolite Chansey with Cresselia's stats can't be OHKO'd by any unboosted move)

Light Ball, DeepSeeTooth etc. (Can increase your Stats even more)

Weather Starters can now either keep coming in if you give them Cresselia's stats or can
sweep if you give them high speed and attacking stats

Toxicroak will be great if you give it stats of a bulky attacker, the Recovery in rain is simply amazing and it will be able to hit hard while getting near to no damage, if it gets stats of something like Heatran

Sharpedo will hit like a truck if it gets Latios', Keldeo's or Heatran's stats as they can all benefit well from Speed Boost and now it will be relatively bulky and still powerful.

Breloom will be able to do a lot, from heavy hitting to a fast spore, it is just what you want, beware that you pay attention what to give Breloom's Stats to

Azumarill will be able to abuse it's Aqua Jet incredibly much as it can easily take powerful Stats of nukes like Rampardos or Slaking, remember that it's defenses aren't half bad if you need to pass them

Kyurem-B will give half of the metagame incredible stats that they would kill for

BUT, if you use for example Toxicroak, something will get it's lackluster stats, which will balance it tremendously.

Approved by Arcticblast

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
Slaking->Dugtrio->Who wants those stats?
Likewise, Slaking->Azumarill/anything.
Then again, what's Slaking gonna do for your team besides pass on gargantuan stats?

I feel like Archeops will be used a lot in this meta due to great stats and it can actually work if it gets defensive stats as some sort of wall i guess (dgaf about defeatist that way)

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
IMO Light ball sounds OP on paper if you give Pikachu like say, Accelgor's stats. Even with a Timid Nature, Pikachu can hit 598 SpA maxed, and if it runs 188 Speed EVs, it can outspeed Alakazam and Dugtrio, leaving some EVs open for attack, but generally max speed sounds better as I have a feeling we'll be seeing 130+ stat mons as well (Azumarill can take Aerodactyl's stats to outspeed a lot of shit and use Huge Power off a base 105 Attack stat, alternatively it can take Accelgor's, but it will be considerably weaker and it has Aqua Jet anyway). Alternatively, it can hit 656 SpA with Modest and a still good 389 speed - this still outspeeds Alakazam and Dugtrio. Dugtrio might pose a problem though unless you have hazard support. This will need some testing.

Azelf and Infernape will be great passers due to their great mixed stats.

Blissey can pass it's stats to something that can use eviolite, making it bulkier than Chansey and itself. Snorlax can do the same. Kyurem-B can pass it's fantastic stats to something with an actual physical movepool, and it can take something with good special stats to make use of its Special movepool.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think this sounds really cool, but I worry about the feasibility of programming this. I'm also concerned about knowing what Pokemon has which stats off the bat with Team Preview. One of the cool thing about Ability Exchange is that most Pokemon have two or three abilities and five potential Pokemon that they could pass to. This leaves the opponent wondering "what has Sheer Force?" or "what ability is that Roserade passing?" Keeping possibilities open for the opponent is important. Just some things to think about; I'd be open to playing this if the kinks are worked out.

SpartanMalice

Treecko that's the thing, it works in a loop: Mon 1 > Mon 2 > Mon 3 > Mon 4 > Mon 5 > Mon 6 > Mon 1. Unlike Ability Exchange where the mons can pass their abilities to any of the 5 other mons. So it's pretty easy to guess the stats.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
He did, but he forgot to put "Approved by Arcticblast" in the OP
Alright then.
Anyways, Assuming we don't ban things like Slaking or Regigigas, this metagame seems like a godsend for some Pokemon (Except Shedinja, who would be too OP living SR/Spikes damage), while a suck-fest for others. I'll make a team right away :L

Kyurem Black--->Smeargle
Spore
Swords Dance
Extreme Speed
Earthquake/Fire Punch/Brick Break

Blissey--->Ditto

Shuckle--->Whimsicott
Leech Seed
Substitute
Encore
Toxic/Taunt

Kyurem Black--->Azumarill
Aqua Jet
Does the rest even matter?

Personally, I think the Shuckle Whimsicott combination is the most interesting, especially since Whimsicott's stats are not that bad. Anyway, I look forward to trying this when it becomes playable.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Kyurem Black--->Smeargle
Spore
Swords Dance
Extreme Speed
Earthquake/Fire Punch/Brick Break

Blissey--->Ditto

Shuckle--->Whimsicott
Leech Seed
Substitute
Encore
Toxic/Taunt

Kyurem Black--->Azumarill
Aqua Jet
Does the rest even matter?

Personally, I think the Shuckle Whimsicott combination is the most interesting, especially since Whimsicott's stats are not that bad. Anyway, I look forward to trying this when it becomes playable.
Maybe Belly Drum instead of Swords Dance the first set and for Azumarill, it is like only walled by Jellicent, but there are some mons that you probably want to cover with SuperPower/Ice Punch and then Waterfall or Return on the set as fillers

Yeah, I had the Azumarill Kyurem B combo at the bottom. It's probably better, but Smeargle is so interesting and Spore+Espeed covers pretty much everything.

Also, I can't believe no one mentioned this:
Cresselia/Regigigas/Whoever--->Riolu
Eviolite
Copycat
Roar
Drain Punch
Substitute

In case all the broken shit (huge power, smeargle) gets banned, Dnite would be great with KyuB's stats. DD Lum and CB get a lot more power and speed to work with. Also, with its better bulk, it can probably afford to setup 2 DDs to sweep through scarfed 108/110s.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
I don't know about you guys, but I've got most of my team.

Alakazam ---> Cresselia ---> Sableye (oh god) ---> Slaking ---> Haxorus ---> Keldeo ---> Alakazam (from beginning)

Alakazam is just a filler with good special and speed for Cress, Sableye is God, Haxorus is even better, and Keldeo has a pretty good physical movepool.
I'm not going for anything cheap like Pure Power (even though Sableye is gonna be broken as hell), but I'm still pretty sure my team's gonna be pretty good.

One last thing: Sharpedo. It was mentioned, but give it Kyurem-B's stats, and bye-bye everyone.

I'll be making a sun team with regigas and darmanitan for this meta. Potentially makes sun a really fun part of the meta as rain is predominately specially attacking whereas sun can hit well on both sides with stab flare blitzes flying about.
Watch out for Sandslash btw, swords dance rock slide earthquake and coverage move is going to be awesome off of base 160 attack or even 140 attack if regigas/slaking get the ban hammer.
Kyerum-B and base kyreum alike will also be great stat givers, kyerum-b for sand rush/chlorophyll and kyreum because it's base stats are actually very good, being great bulkily and in it's mixed stats, meaning it can serve fine for pretty much any sweeper you want.
And dear gawd band Azumarril revenge kills pretty much everything with aqua jet.

How do you ev though? Would you ev on the Mon who receives stats or on the Mon giving stats? Likewise with hidden powers and ive/trick room mons.

Last edited:
Cotton Guard Whimsi is THE anti-meta mon!

Cresselia pass
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Ice Punch vs. +3 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 160-190 (36.03 - 42.79%) -- 97.07% chance to 3HKO

Shuckle Pass
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Ice Punch vs. +3 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 98-116 (40.16 - 47.54%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

With base 20 HP and max investment, Leech Seed heals 21% per turn on base 100s. You can get up to 33% healing with min invest and Lefties.

Ok what I would ban is: Huge/pure power, slaking, regigigas, smeargul, and kyurem-b. All that would make things less broken.

But how things are right now I think ninjask could potentialy be a great help. Pass shuckle or cresilia's stats and he can pass max speed and attack to a teammate and give a whopping 160 speed to a lead (or sweeper although his 90 attack and 50 satk is a bit to underwhelming)!

SpartanMalice

Ninjask can pass his 90 attack to Pikachu or Azumarill. They'll both benefit from 160 Speed and the attack boost and Pika from both attack and SpA.

Marowak could make his triumphant return to usage too. He learns swords dance and belly drum. Prediction: Lucario will be top tier tier with it's swords dance espeed set. Every team will need a fast ghost to revenge Lucario after a boost. Smeargle will be a great Mon too but you'll have to pass it's stats to set up the sweep. Chlorophyll/sand rush will be very good, potentially meaning rain has to take a back seat for once, however Toxicroak will fuck shit up especially with his immunity to an Azumarril aqua jet.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
When and where will this be playable?
Probably soon, as this is becoming a pretty hot topic. We still need to work things out though, like which poke you EV. I'm thinking that just the base stats should be passed. Might make things simpler.
As for where, I'm guessing Joim's Lab. That's where Ability Exchange and other metas are. Shouldn't be TOO hard to code. I think.

Marowak could make his triumphant return to usage too. He learns swords dance and belly drum.
That's interesting. I can see marowak becoming something to care of. With Weavile's stats and his exclusive item giving him a free Sword Dance, he migth become a good lategame sweeper. But because Weavile's low Defense he could be revege killed thouht.

My team will be: Ninjask -> Azumarill -> Regigigas -> Cloyster -> Riolu -> Shuckle -> Ninjask

This team uses ninjask to pass huge stats to every pokemon wich he can do as long as stealth rocks are down due to shuckle levels of defense + roost azumarill will be a dedicated huge power glass canon, especially with the boosts that ninja gives to it. regigigas won't do much but pass status to cripple a sweeper and be one-use leeway to prevent a pokemon from taking damage when switching in. Cloyster is the only pokemon that won't rely on ninjask to give it momentum while it uses it's most common shell smash set with good bulk and great offense to. riolu is meant to use it's roar + copycat set to rack up damage from shuckle's stealth rocks and can now do just that with 180 defense. shuckle is a lead/dugtrioish thing, he is sent out in battle and will use stealth rock, that will activate his occa berry so that he can use earthquake/stone edge one last time.

Last edited:

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
My team will be: Ninjask -> Azumarill -> Regigigas -> Cloyster -> Riolu -> Shuckle -> Ninjask

This team uses ninjask to pass huge stats to every pokemon wich he can do as long as stealth rocks are down due to shuckle levels of defense + roost azumarill will be a dedicated huge power glass canon, especially with the boosts that ninja gives to it. regigigas won't do much but pass status to cripple a sweeper and be one-use leeway to prevent a pokemon from taking damage when switching in. Cloyster is the only pokemon that won't rely on ninjask to give it momentum while it uses it's most common shell smash set with good bulk and great offense to. riolu is meant to use it's roar + copycat set to rack up damage from shuckle's stealth rocks and can now do just that with 180 defense. shuckle is a lead/dugtrioish thing, he is sent out in battle and will use stealth rock, that will activate his occa berry so that he can use earthquake/stone edge one last time.
Yea... Ninjask has a x4 weakness and now has base 5 speed. Good luck with that. Oh, and it's a Custap Berry, not an Occa Berry.

EDIT: Great idea time. Treecko and SpartanMalice's conversation made me think. How about no team preview? Adds to the complexity of it. Let's see... Is their Chansey a wall or a sweeper? (I know, horrible example. Or is it? Imagine a Chansey pulling the elemental punches on you. After all, with Slaking's stats, why shouldn't it?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)