Stat Switch [Azumarill+Regice Banned]

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay guys, to keep some discussion going, I'll announce some subject every once in a time. I hope you guys will respond to it. It'll all be theorymonning until this is coded.

Zoroark
Illusion
120/105/120/60/120/105
Dark Type

Zoroark is one of the most improved Pokemon in this Metagame. It's HP, Defense and Special Defense shifted from extremely low to really good. It exchanges those for it's Special Attack stat, which was while useful, not necessary. It still has decent physical offense and speed. It has a useful ability in Illusion which creates huge mindgames with the opponent. A mistake can cost them the game. While the nerf in Special Attack hurt it in just revenge killing annoying Pokemon while forcing mindgames what to switch in, it now has the ability to set up on Pokemon, scout or switch in more reliable. It can still revenge kill with it's Attack and a STAB Knock Off and Sucker Punch, but it's just less potent now. Be careful with switching in though, as it can Illusion. Illusion can also help other Pokemon on your team as your opponent might think they're Zoroark, giving you a free turn. It even gets U-Turn for you to scout.
That said, with amazing defenses and good speed and attack, a Swords Dance set could be really good as it has an easy time setting up with these huge defenses, especially if the opponent is tricked and mispredicts. It has a good Speed stat and the aforementioned Knock Off, which cause it to (probably) be more difficult to deal with as it looks.
If a Swords Dance set isn't your thing, it has decent support options in Memento and Taunt, though it doesn't get much more. This means it'll mostly to be forced to be a bulky attacker. It also can't abuse it's extremely good special movepool well anymore.

- What could check Zoroark (On both Offense / Defense)
- What could counter Zoroark (Offense / Defense)
- Which main threats does is struggle against?
- What does it beat easily?
- What is it's best set?
- Has it an easy time fulfilling is niche, is it a good niche?
- What kind of teams would use Zoroark?
- What kind of teams would be scared of Zoroark?
(You can theorymon a bit for these questions)

Good ideas and posts will be put in the OP!​

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Something to note is that the Megas' HP value should not change, ever, so it should have the same base HP as its pre-mega'd forme (and have it exempt from the min-max stat calculation). Just a note.

Carbink actually gets Power Gem. Diancie doesn't. But Carbink does. Why? I don't know.
Oh god what.

Well Diancie is just the worst in this meta. Diamond Storm can't save you now Diancie!

I think the short version can be summarized as "Pairs well (sort of) with Regice and Regirock by making the enemy panic" or "Invalidated by Regice and Regirock existing". It does get Foul Play though? That could be nice against Regice...

Time for other Legendaries, just because they tend to have good movepools and are a larger set for me to focus on.

Zapdos swaps its mediocre Defense for its good Special Attack. I initially thought it was boosting three stats, until I noticed Defense was 5 points below its HP, Attack, and Special Defense... Well, Zapdos frequently clears hazards, Roosts, etc, so it's not all bad.

Moltres does the same thing, only we say "mediocre Special Defense". Great. That's... just great Moltres.

Articuno instead swaps its good special Defense for its crappy Attack. That's actually a pretty good deal! Its Physical movepool is more diverse than its Special movepool, it gets Ice Shard, and it's not actually good at surviving hits anyway. Nice one Articuno!

Mew and Mew clones: Why, nothing of course.

The legendary beasts are all dropping their stats. Ouch. Raikou loses Speed and Special Attack in exchange for Defense, Entei loses HP and Attack in exchange for Special Defense, and Suicune loses Defense and Special Defense in exchange for Attack. These are not good trades guys.

Other people have already covered the Regis, so I'm skipping them.

Latios drops its Special Attack for HP and Defense, taking away its offense in exchange for extreme difficulty killing it, while Latias drops its Special Defense in exchange for HP and Attack. Physical Latis go! Especially Latias, amusingly enough.

Heatran is faster, but loses its Special Attack. I guess physical Heatran? Though honestly, compared to some of the crazy stuff out there, it's kinda... eeeeh....

Terrakion is now Special, and no it doesn't get Power Gem, screw you.

Virizion and Cobalion have swapped roles defensively. Meh.

Keldeo is now physical, which it actually has the movepool for!

Tornadus-Incarnate drops its Special Attack for Defense. Please Tornadus-Incarnate, please be good in a meta at some point. Tornadus-Therian instead drops its Speed for HP, which actually fits well to Regenerator and arguably U-Turn. Neat.

Thundurus-Incarnate... has the same statline as Tornadus-Incarnate. Yipee. Thundurus-Therian... is just an exaggerated version of the same. Ugh.

Landorus-Incarnate dumps Attack for Special Defense. Landorus, you're not going to survive an Ice Beam, stop pretending. Landorus-Therian is just a more exaggerated version of the same. Yaaaaaay.

And now I'm going to look at weather setters and abusers, because.

Ninetales drops its Speed and Special Defense for HP. Whyyyyy.

Mega Charizard Y drops its monstrous Special Attack to raise its HP and Defense to monstrous levels. Holy crap it might actually survive a rock move. Iffy overall.

Regular Charizard (Solar Power) swaps Special Attack for just HP. Er. don't use it.

Mega Houndoom also swaps Special Attack for HP. Whyyyy.

Heliolisk... drops its Speed and Special Attack for defense. Well, that's useless.

Sunflora swaps its good Special Attack for its awful Speed. Solar Power Sunflora is useless, but Physical Chlorophyll Sunflora would actually outspeed the Regis. Probably not worth bothering though.

Tropius swaps its good HP for its awful Speed. Solar Power Tropius is marginally more usable, while Chlorophyll Tropius, again, outspeeds the Regis, and has enough special Attack to actually use Solar Beam! Harvest Tropius just sucks.

Trevenant swaps its good Attack for its bad Speed. This... does not help it with Harvest abuse. In fact, mostly it means it sucks.

Exeggutor swaps its great Special Attack for its bad Speed. Well. It can pull of Physical... and it would be lightning fast with Chlorophyll... Harvest variants don't really care...

Bellossom is now 100 Speed, 50 special Defense. Well, it'll be faster than the Regis...

Venusaur ups its HP and Speed while dropping its Special Attack and Special Defense. That's not a bad trade, actually.

Vileplume dumps its Special Attack for even more Speed than Bellossom. I doubt physical Vileplume it gonna be viable.

Jumpluff swaps its great Speed for its awful Attack and Special Attack. Holy crap it might be an offensive threat. Maybe.

Leafeon swaps its great Defense for its awful Special Attack. That's actually a pretty good deal, and it's still fast enough to outrun the Regis in Sun with Chlorophyll when both sides are equally Speed invested!

Leavanny dumps its Attack for its Special Attack. Eeeeeh.

Lilligant trades its Special Attack for its Attack. Whyyyyy.

Maractus trades its Special Attack for its Speed. Again, able to outrun the Regis, but who cares?

Sawsbuck swaps its Attack for its Special Attack. I have no idea if it has the movepool for that.

Tangrowth cripples its Defense in exchange for hugely bolstering both its Special Defense and Speed. That's not half-bad!

Victreebel raises its Defense at the cost of its Attack. For a Sun team Victreebel that's a pretty good deal, actually.

Shiftry's Attack takes a hit so its Defense and Special Defense may rise. That's actually pretty nice!

Overall summary for Sun: gloomy, though there's some neat things in there.

Politoed trades its Special Defense for its Speed. I think this is basically a downgrade, especially when so many things still outspeed it.

I already covered Heliolisk (Dry Skin) earlier, but I re-iterate: sucks.

Toxicroak sacrifices Attack for Defense and Special Defense. Given that Dry Skin rain Toxicroak is trying to wall anyway, that's pretty nifty, and it's not short on utility moves. It even has the stats and movepool to go Special with some competency! Nice job Toxicroak.

Jynx... dumps its Special Attack for its Defense. I got all excited thinking it was boosting its huge physical movepool, but nope, it's sucking. I guess a Status-oriented Jynx could be useful in rain...

Parasect cripples its Attack to get decent Speed. Not saving it.

Armaldo cripples its Attack to get excellent Speed, and then it gets Swift Swim. Its Special Attack isn't that bad I guess...

Beartic does the same, but less extremely. Same Special Attack as Armaldo. I honestly don't recall if either of them can pull of Special movepools.

Carracosta cripples its Defense to get outstanding Speed. Honestly, ignore Swift Swim, take Sturdy, Shell Smash, kill everything.

Floatzel cripples its Speed to bolster its Special Defense. Yay?

Golduck drops its Special Attack some to raise its Defense some. OK.

Gorebyss drops its Special Attack to raise its Speed. Well, if physical Gorebyss is viable, that's decent.

Huntail instead drops its Defense to raises its Speed. That's actually not terrible, when it means it laughs at the Regi speed while its raining without sacrificing its offenses any.

Kingdra increases its HP by lowering everything except its Speed. Yep. Sucks.

Kabutops drops Attack to raise HP. Er.

Ludicolo drops Special Defense to raise Attack, Defense, and Speed. Holy crap. Nice one duckplant!

Qwilfish drops its Attack to raise Special Attack and Special Defense. That's a pretty good deal, given what it prefers to do!

Seismitoad drops HP for Speed. Not awful, not great.

Relicanth cripples its Defense to have excellent Special Attack. Then it goes and cries in a corner.

Seaking drops Attack to raise Special Attack and Special Defense. Not bad.

Poliwrath lowers Attack and Defense to raise Special Attack and Speed. Could be better, could be worse.

Lumineon drops Speed to raise HP, Attack, and Special Attack. Nice one Lumineon!

Omastar kills its Defense to get great Speed. Not so bad, actually.

Mantine kills its Special Defense to gain excellent Attack. It actually learns the likes of Earthquake! Worth considering?

Luvdisc kills its Speed to gain good Attack. Eeeeh.

As for Rain Dishers, Blastoise lowers Special Defense to increase Speed (eeeeh), Pelipper halves its Defense to double its Attack (Not fitting to Rain Dish), while Tentacruel swaps its Defense for its Special Defense. Whatever.

Lastly, Hydration guys. Oddly, several Pokemon have Hydration before they're fully evolved, but not once they're fully evolved. Weird. Skipping those though.

Accelgor kills its Speed to get amazing Defense. Has its good points for a Rest Hydration build.

Alomomola kills its amazing HP to... get monstrous Special Attack. Not fast enough to really use it. I dunno, it could be a nasty Trick Room Special Sweeper? Maybe?

Goodra trades Special Defense for Defense straight up.

Lapras kills its HP for Speed. Er.

Vaporeon kills its HP for Defense. Yaaaay.

Swanna drops its Speed for Defense and Special Defense. Nice!

Dewgong lowers its Special Defense to increase Attack, Special Attack, and Speed. Neat. Not great for Hydration (Nor for Ice Body), but neat.

Rain prognosis: Has some notables, most stuff is just bad. Better off than sun. As usual.

Tyranitar kills its Attack to become a Speed fiend. Given Special Tyranitar is a thing, this could be worse.

Hippowdon cripples its Defense to become quite fast. Not good for it.

Excadrill becomes a Special sweeper. Does it even have the movepool for that?

Sandslash cripples its Defense to get a good Special Attack score. Again, does it have the movepool??

Stoutland kills its Attack to get Special Attack. Still have to wonder about the movepool...

Dugtrio abandons Speed for quite good HP. A decent fit to Sand Force? Good fit to Arena Trap -and it finally has a use for Sucker Punch!

Garchomp is a Special sweeper. Hello Draco Meteor! Mega Garchomp, meanwhile, is lightning fast. Also it's a Special sweeper, because its Attack is worse than its Special Attack.

Gastrodon is fast but fragile. Er. I dunno, if the Regis get banned it might be viable?

Gigalith is lightning fast and has no offenses. Yaaaay.

Golem kills its Defense for its Speed, becoming quite fast. Pretty good, actually!

Stunfisk is the other Gastrodon, only sucky. Meh.

Cacturne kills both its offenses to become fairly quick. No.

Donphan kills both its Attack and Defense to gain Speed. Ugh.

Gliscor's Defense is now crap but it can do Special sweeping!!!! Assuming movepool allows and also no not really because everything kills it. Why would you even do Sand Veil Gliscor anyway?

Sand prognosis: If no regis, has some cool tools, but it has a depressing number of major downgrades.

Abomasnow drops both Attack and Special Attack for Speed. Yaaaaay. Mega Abomasnow is better off, crippling its Attack alone in exchange for lightning Speed. Super fast Blizzards hooray!

Avalugg cripples its Defense to become one of the fastest things in the game. It's a crappy Regice, basically.

Vanilluxe drops Special Attack to raise HP. Well. It does combo well with Weak Armor?...

Walrein drops HP for Speed. Not good with Ice Body. Not that good in general.

Glaceon is suddenly a Physical sweeper instead of a Special sweeper. Not great from the perspective of Blizzard-in-Hail, but not the worst thing ever... assuming its movepool can sustain it.

Mamoswine kills its Attack in exchange for great Special Defense. Er.

Froslass loses a good chunk of Speed in exchange for HP, Defense, and Special Defense. That's actually pretty nice!

Hail prognosis: For Ability-based-abusers? Meh. I haven't listed all the Ice types though, so there could be gems out there.

EDIT: Instead of double posting...

This is me looking at all the Pokemon that have a stat above 100 (I gave up early on HP) and then listing only the ones who do more than swap two stats. Trying to find those who become awesome... and those who are crippled.

Lanturn cripples its HP in exchange for Attack and Defense. Not great, not terrible.

Wigglytuff cripples HP to raise Defense and Speed. Uuuuh.

Mega Mewtwo X drops its Attack for ridiculous Defense and Special Defense. Just run it as a Special Sweeper and laugh maniacally. This thing is ridiculous. It might be Uber to Ubers. Mega Mewtwo Y is basically just the worst Mewtwo. All it does is switch from Special Attack to Defense. Mega Mewtwo X gets better bulk, offense, and only slightly worse Speed.

Mega Pinsir dumps Attack for Special Attack and HP. Oh god. Pinsir is just Attack for Special Attack.

Mega Absol cripples its Attack to get monstrous Defense and Special Defense. Pretty cool, though its HP is still low. Absol is the same thing, but less extreme.

Archeops abandons Attack for Defense and Special Defense. That's kind of nice, given Defeatist. A support Archeops might be worth running?

Mega Aggron is the fastest thing in this meta. (230 Speed) Crap defenses though.

Salamence drops its Attack to raise its Defense and Special Defense. Wall-y Special Salamence, I guess? It's got the movepool...

Mega Charizard X drops both of its offensive stats for HP. Unless HP is forbidden for Megas, in which case Special Defense. Either way: sucks.

Breloom cripples its Attack to raise HP, Special Attack, and Special Defense. It's a monster!

Kingler trades Attack for Special Attack and Special Defense. Nice!

Honchkrow trades Attack for Defense and Special Defense. Nice!

Gallade drops Attack for Defense and Special Attack. That's actually pretty good, since it inherits a good Special movepool from Ralts' line.

Cranidos is actually better than Rampardos here, dropping its high Attack for Special Attack and Special Defense, where Rampardos just performs a straight swap of Attack and Special Defense. As such, Cranidos can actually attack things, assuming its Special movepool isn't restricted to Hidden Power.

Golurk dumps Attack to raise Special Attack and Speed. That's not so bad, and I know it has Shadow Ball if nothing else.

Emboar dumps Attack to raise Defense, Special Defense, and Speed. Holy crap. Suddenly Scald might actually be worthwhile, not to mention Emboar in the first place!

Sharpedo drops Attack for Defense and Special Defense. Bulky Special Sharpedo? Goes well with Rough Skin and Speed Boost, anyway.

Crawdaunt cripples its Attack for Special Defense and Speed. Its Special Attack is solid, too!

Zangoose drops its Attack for Defense, Special Attack, and Special Defense. Holy crap. Not a good fit for Toxic Boost, but holy crap anyway.

Banette sacrifices Attack for Defense and Special Defense. Could be worse. Mega Banette instead does a straight swap of Attack and Defense, though to be fair since it manually increases Special Defense it's not as far behind Banette as you might expect.

Arcanine lowers its Attack a bit to increase its Defense and Special Defense. Whatever.

Dodrio sacrifices Attack to give a big leg up to its HP, Special Attack, and Special Defense. That's pretty cool, though I'm not sure its movepool can really support it.

Durant cripples its Attack for Special Attack and Special Defense, rounding out its durability a bit.

Muk drops its HP and Attack for more Speed. Ugh.

Hydreigon drops its Special Attack for more Defense and Special Defense. Not bad.

Gurdurr is arguably better than Conkeldurr, since it raises Special Attack and Speed at the cost of Attack, where Conkeldurr just straight swaps Attack for Speed, leaving it with no offenses.

Octillery sacrifices Attack and Special Attack for... more Speed. Sigh.

Primeape sacrifices Attack for Defense and Special Attack. If it has the movepool for Special, cool!

Infernape sacrifices Speed to raises its Defense and Special Defense.

Samurott trades Special Attack for special Defense and Speed. Nice!

Flygon trades away Attack and Speed to raises literally every other stat. It's only 20 points up and down per stat, but still, nice!

Zebstrika sacrifices Speed for Defense and Special Defense. Not bad.

Seviper swaps both its offenses for both its defenses. Well. It does have Shed Skin, Coil, etc... but it also has Sucker Punch... er...

Sudowoodo sacrifices Defense for Special Attack and Speed. I highly doubt it has the movepool...

Dusknoir sacrifices Defense and Special Defense for HP and Speed. Huh. Dusclops meanwhile sacrifices both its defenses... for just Speed. Eviolite Dusclops status: dead.

Nosepass (Not Probopass) dumps Defense for HP and Speed. Pretty nice.

Gourgeist performs different trades based on size: Super is Defense for Speed, Large and Medium are Defense for Special Attack, while Small is Defense for HP. Of these, I think Small comes out ahead.

Shieldon (Not Bastiodon) sacrifices Defense for HP and Speed. Good trade.

Bronzong sacrifices both of its defenses for Speed. Ugh.

Scrafty sacrifices both its defenses for Special Attack. Ouch.

Marowak is worth noting because it sacrifices Defense for Speed -there's still way too many things (Regis) that will outrun it in this meta, but that's a much better stat spread for abusing the Thick Club than its normal spread.

Spiritomb sacrifices both its defenses for Speed. Oh great.

All non-base Rotoms lower their defensive stats for HP. Arguably a good trade?

Vespiquen has decided to royally suck, by virtue of abandoning both defensive stats for more Speed. Yaaaaay.

I've covered Mega Houndoom before, but it's worth noting -if Mega exclude HP from their calculations, it becomes really good, sacrificing Special Attack to raise Attack, Defense, and Special Defense!

Gengar loses Special Attack to raise HP and Defense. Nice! If Megas just run off base HP and ignore HP for their calculations, then Mega Gengar will have a lot of bonus HP and switch to physical sweeping. Haunter does the same thing as Gengar -new Eviolite Dusclops?

Regular Gardevoir swaps Special Attack for Attack and Defense, which isn't ideal but is not terrible. It gets Shadow Sneak and elemental punches and stuff, including Psychic STAB, just no Physical Fairy STAB. Mega Gardevoir meanwhile just swaps Special Attack for Defense. Ouch.

I'm going to mention Togekiss just because it does get Hustle and Extreme Speed: lose Special Attack, gain Attack.

Typhlosion sacrifices Special Attack for HP and Defense. Nice!

Migmagius loses all of Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed... but in exchange gains HP, Attack, and Defense. Physical Mismagius new meta

Magmar is worth noting because it dumps Special Attack for HP, and its Attack is only slightly lower than its Special Attack. Magmortar instead boosts its Defense.

Beautifly sacrifices Special Attack for Defense and Special Defense. Now if only it had a physical movepool...

I'm noting Ledian because it has a great physical movepool it normally lacks the stats to use: Special Defense plummets, Attack goes way up.

Jellicent sacrifices Special Defense for Attack and Speed. Dunno if it's got the movepool.

Altaria sacrifices Special Defense for both Attack and Special Attack. Sort of nice?

Meganium sacrifices Special Defense for HP and Speed. Nice!

Crobat just swaps Special Attack for Speed, but it's still worth noting because Crobat has a surprisingly good Special movepool.

Swellow sacrifices Speed for Special Attack and Special Defense. Not particularly in line with Guts, but it actually learns Heat Wave, Air Slash, and even Boomburst! It even gets Scrappy to abuse Boomburst with! It's still not that tough, and now it's slow, but it has some potential nonetheless, perhaps in Trick Room or the like. (A doubles format of this would be very interesting) This is more Special Attack than any standard Pokemon with Boomburst gets, too!

Cinccino lowers Speed but gains Defense and Special Defense. That's got its good points.

Swoobat sacrifices Speed for Defense and Special Defense. That's kind of scary.

Serperior sacrifices Speed to raise HP, Attack, and Special Attack. Yikes.

Galvantula sacrifices Speed for Defense and Special Defense. Pretty useful.

Liepard also sacrifices Speed for Defense and Special Defense. For a Prankster that's overall all good.

Pidgeot trades Speed for Special Attack and Special Defense. Hurricane, Heat Wave, etc. Less overall fragile than Swellow, too, and less slow, though less lethal.

Simisage, Simipour, and Simisear all sacrifice Speed for Defense and Special Attack. Nifty?

Wailord cripples its HP in exchange for Defense and Special Defense. Laaaame.

That's everything that has 100 or more in a stat blah blah blah, barring HP, blah blah.

Swellow looks pretty cool!

Last edited:
I'm quite surprised no one's mentioned Scizor yet...
>While it doesn't have too much of a Special Movepool. It gets Technician along with a solid base 130 Sp. Attack Set, (150 as a Mega) making it a solid user of Hidden Power.

>Scizor also gets a few great support / STAB moves in the newly improved 75 BP Struggle Bug, the newly improved 90 BP Silver Wind, and the typical sound STAB Bug Buzz. (The first two buffed by Technician)

>He does also retain his good bulk, if you decide to use him as a Mega, meaning the Mega is a decent counter for SwapMon's lord and savior, Regice. (He also gets a decent priority option in Vacuum Wave, which...)

4 SpA Technician Mega Scizor Vacuum Wave vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Regice: 212-250 (70.4 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Regice Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 194-229 (56.3 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The damage Regice can do to Scizor is Roostable, which a Support Mega Scizor can definitely do very well with its great bulk, Struggle Bug, and Roost. Plus, Scizor gets Defog, Baton Pass, and other cooky stuff.

*Spread is up for change, however the overall idea isn't*

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal (Technician after Mega)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Struggle Bug
- Vacuum Wave/Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Specially Defensive Mega Scizor is one of the first sets I pictured, since Scizor's great Bulk is practically untouched along with cool feature of Struggle Bug as a decent STAB option for it. Burgh's cool little niche move can finally see the light of day as finally a Technician Pokemon can finally use the meak 50 BP move to a great extent. The Sp. Attack drop cripples most Special Attackers, making most of their moves pointless.

-1 252 SpA Mega Absol Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Scizor: 58-69 (16.8 - 20%) -- possible 5HKO

-1 252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Scizor: 109-129 (31.6 - 37.5%) -- 85.4% chance to 3HKO

While Specially Defensive Scizor can't stop things with Fire Coverage, most other special moves of coverage dink off of Scizor's armor after the -1 from Struggle Bug.
This is something Scizor doesn't lose. It's great 70/140/100 bulk still stands strong while it's great 150 Attack traded with its comparatively terrible 65 Sp. Attack, making Scizor a great wall that can still hit hard, just with Special Attacks.

The Option for Vacuum Wave or Toxic is an interesting one as Scizor could use Vacuum Wave to just 2HKO Regice, Golem, and other quick Fighting-Weak Pokemon with no risk to itself. It's also good to pick off a weaked sweeper with it. However, Scizor can stall out Special Attackers and Walls with Toxic + Roost after the -1. Roost is absolutely necessairy on this set as it is Scizor's only form on reliable recovery outside of Rest.

The Last Move is Defog since, Scizor is a very reliable Defogger considering its bulk and numerous amounts of resistances.

tyranitar swaps his attack for speed and tyranitar doesn't have that bad of a special attack stat. Also tyranitar have a good special movepool.

I'm quite surprised no one's mentioned Scizor yet...
>While it doesn't have too much of a Special Movepool. It gets Technician along with a solid base 130 Sp. Attack Set, (150 as a Mega) making it a solid user of Hidden Power.

>Scizor also gets a few great support / STAB moves in the newly improved 75 BP Struggle Bug, the newly improved 90 BP Silver Wind, and the typical sound STAB Bug Buzz. (The first two buffed by Technician)

>He does also retain his good bulk, if you decide to use him as a Mega, meaning the Mega is a decent counter for SwapMon's lord and savior, Regice. (He also gets a decent priority option in Vacuum Wave, which...)

4 SpA Technician Mega Scizor Vacuum Wave vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Regice: 212-250 (70.4 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Regice Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 194-229 (56.3 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The damage Regice can do to Scizor is Roostable, which a Support Mega Scizor can definitely do very well with its great bulk, Struggle Bug, and Roost. Plus, Scizor gets Defog, Baton Pass, and other cooky stuff.

*Spread is up for change, however the overall idea isn't*

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal (Technician after Mega)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Struggle Bug
- Vacuum Wave/Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Specially Defensive Mega Scizor is one of the first sets I pictured, since Scizor's great Bulk is practically untouched along with cool feature of Struggle Bug as a decent STAB option for it. Burgh's cool little niche move can finally see the light of day as finally a Technician Pokemon can finally use the meak 50 BP move to a great extent. The Sp. Attack drop cripples most Special Attackers, making most of their moves pointless.

-1 252 SpA Mega Absol Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Scizor: 58-69 (16.8 - 20%) -- possible 5HKO

-1 252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Scizor: 109-129 (31.6 - 37.5%) -- 85.4% chance to 3HKO

While Specially Defensive Scizor can't stop things with Fire Coverage, most other special moves of coverage dink off of Scizor's armor after the -1 from Struggle Bug.
This is something Scizor doesn't lose. It's great 70/140/100 bulk still stands strong while it's great 150 Attack traded with its comparatively terrible 65 Sp. Attack, making Scizor a great wall that can still hit hard, just with Special Attacks.

The Option for Vacuum Wave or Toxic is an interesting one as Scizor could use Vacuum Wave to just 2HKO Regice, Golem, and other quick Fighting-Weak Pokemon with no risk to itself. It's also good to pick off a weaked sweeper with it. However, Scizor can stall out Special Attackers and Walls with Toxic + Roost after the -1. Roost is absolutely necessairy on this set as it is Scizor's only form on reliable recovery outside of Rest.

The Last Move is Defog since, Scizor is a very reliable Defogger considering its bulk and numerous amounts of resistances.
Don't forget that scizor does get air slash from scyther too and flash cannon too so consider that

Mr155551 said:
Don't forget that scizor does get air slash from scyther too and flash cannon too so consider that
Scizor does also have those options, but Flash Cannon on the defensive set would really only allow it to murder Sylveon moreso than it does already, (which Scizor can do just fine at the current moment with its resistance to Fairy + Toxic).
>Though, Air Slash gets a special mention as it helps against Breloom, which can effectively wall any varient of Scizor without it. Though, Air Slash would purely be for Breloom and Support Mega Scizor doesn't have many options to lose over it.
>>The moves that would be dumped are either Vacuum Wave, Toxic, or Defog, as Roost and Struggle Bug are necessary for sustainability and STAB. Defog could be dumped if you're not worried about Hazards, but Scizor works well with Pokemon like Salamence and Dragonite, who are both weak to Stealth Rock and lose both Bulk and Multiscale, for Dragonite.
>>Toxic helps stall out Special Attackers and spread status and Vacuum Wave is a good way of picking off Regice and other weakened sweepers before they get a hit off. (Regice takes one before falling, unless you invest a lot of Special attack). Struggle Bug still does a number on Regice, but Regice then gets two hits off on you, which do a great chunk to Scizor, if not killing it outright with the 2nd hit, if you're Completely invested in your Special Defense and HP. (See, the spread I listed is still up for change. :P)

and then

-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Regice Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 130-153 (37.7 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

However, if you are Physically Defensive, it's still not too worth it to run it over priority. Air Slash is still a good option to use against Breloom, but they recover so much health per turn. Breloom is Specially Defensive Grass/Fighting Gliscor w/ Leech Seed.

4 SpA Mega Scizor Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Breloom: 184-220 (39.6 - 47.4%) -- 92.6% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal

4 SpA Mega Scizor Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 248-292 (53.4 - 62.9%) -- 75.8% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal

However, Offensive Varients probably should consider Air Slash, since Breloom is a counter otherwise. As Offensive Air Slashes are typically a 2HKO on Breloom even if it is Specially Defensive.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Unless you're running another Hidden Power, I don't see a reason to use Air Slash over Hidden Power Flying (you're too slow to FlinchHax anyways), as it is stronger and more accurate. Plus, it's only for Breloom really, and look at this. Hell HP Steel is better than Flash Cannon unless you're running another Hidden Power or really want those SpDef drops.

4 SpA Technician Mega Scizor Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Breloom: 224-264 (48.2 - 56.8%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal
4 SpA Technician Mega Scizor Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 296-352 (63.7 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

~~~
252+ SpA Technician Mega Scizor Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Breloom: 292-344 (62.9 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252+ SpA Technician Mega Scizor Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 384-452 (82.7 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

Pretty nice. Breloom is a bulky motherfucker though, but unless you're running another Hidden Power (which idk if you are considering an offensive set will probably run Roost / Bug Buzz or Silver Wind / Vaccum Wave / Hidden Power [x]), HP Flying is much better than Air Slash

Unless you're running another Hidden Power, I don't see a reason to use Air Slash over Hidden Power Flying (you're too slow to FlinchHax anyways), as it is stronger and more accurate. Plus, it's only for Breloom really, and look at this. Hell HP Steel is better than Flash Cannon unless you're running another Hidden Power or really want those SpDef drops.

4 SpA Technician Mega Scizor Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Breloom: 224-264 (48.2 - 56.8%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal
4 SpA Technician Mega Scizor Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 296-352 (63.7 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

~~~
252+ SpA Technician Mega Scizor Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Breloom: 292-344 (62.9 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252+ SpA Technician Mega Scizor Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 384-452 (82.7 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

Pretty nice. Breloom is a bulky motherfucker though, but unless you're running another Hidden Power (which idk if you are considering an offensive set will probably run Roost / Bug Buzz or Silver Wind / Vaccum Wave / Hidden Power [x]), HP Flying is much better than Air Slash
you forgot to change mega scizor's stats i believe.

this is what i got with the change to base 150:

4 SpA Technician Mega Scizor Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Breloom: 364-432 (112.3 - 133.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

4 SpA Technician Mega Scizor Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 560-660 (172.8 - 203.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

so yeah.

other calcs:

252+ SpA Technician Mega Scizor Hidden Power Bug vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 180-213 (44.5 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Technician Mega Scizor Vacuum Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 80-95 (19.8 - 23.5%)

Are those calculations including that Breloom has 130 Special Defense and HP?

EDIT: 252+ SpA Technician Mega Scizor Hidden Power Flying vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 384-452 (95.7 - 112.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

^This is with Breloom and Mega Scizor both having altered stats. Mega Scizor isn't certain to get a OHKO on a Breloom with no defensive EVs when it has full offense investment.

I said Breloom is a monster and I meant it.

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
you forgot to change mega scizor's stats i believe.

this is what i got with the change to base 150:

4 SpA Technician Mega Scizor Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Breloom: 364-432 (112.3 - 133.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

4 SpA Technician Mega Scizor Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 560-660 (172.8 - 203.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

so yeah.

other calcs:

252+ SpA Technician Mega Scizor Hidden Power Bug vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 180-213 (44.5 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Technician Mega Scizor Vacuum Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 80-95 (19.8 - 23.5%)
I can double check when i get home but im 100% certain i had both of their modified stats.

Brelooms a monster.

EDIT: Finally home (lel) and yeah my calc is correct

Last edited:
Some interesting mons: (yay revive)

Garchomp
108 / 80 / 95 / 130 / 85 / 102
Atk switches with SpA
Now boasting a great Special Attack stat, Garchomp STILL is a great fast-offensive 'mon, and is one of the only ones that can obliterate Regice (on the switch, of course!) and go carry it on from there on as well.
There is more from where that came...

Mega Garchomp

108 / 92 / 115 / 120 / 95 / 170
Atk switches with Spe
If you want a speedy monster that can late-game sweep after Regice has been taken out, Mega Garchomp is your man. Albeit losing 10 stat points from its Special Attack and raising only 12 in its Physical attack stat, Mega Garchomp is actually faster than more than 99% Pokemon in the meta. It still has a handly Special Attack stat and a great Speed stat to go on with it (and okay bulk).

Lucario
115 / 110 / 115 / 70 / 115 / 90
SpA switches with HP/Def/SpD
Lucario is amazing!!!111 Bulky offensive Lucario?! Aww yea! 115/115/115 bulk and a 110 Physical attack stat and then a mediocre 90 Speed stat as well makes Lucario literally the PANZER of this meta.​

Last edited:
Your highlighting approach is very confusing and suggests multiple stats are being changed that aren't. I had to triple-check just to be sure that wasn't what you were conveying.

They'll stand out just for being three-digit instead of two-digit. Seems unnecessary, in addition to confusing.

Now for the remaining "has over 100 HP and two or more stats dropped or increased" Pokemon I skipped over earlier.

Noctowl dumps HP for Attack and Defense. Well, it certainly has moves for that.

Azumarill becomes a monster, dropping its HP for Attack and Speed. Who needs Belly Drum? It's actually kind of too bad it gained 10 Special Attack this generation -it would be a competent mixed sweeper in Gen III-V.

Piloswine Eviolite status=dead. It sacrifices HP and Attack for Speed. Yaaaay.

... that's all I missed before.

Now I'm going to look for fully evolved, 50 in a stat or less Pokemon I haven't covered already.

Delibird is much improved actually. It drops Speed to raise HP, Defense, and Special Defense, so now it can pretend to be able to survive things.

Somebody else already covered the Unknown, but basically they sacrifice offenses for everything else. Given they can't even use their Attack anyway, that's basically a flat improvement. Still a limited gimmick Pokemon with low stats.

Mawile sacrifices Attack and Defense for HP and Speed. This is actually a really good deal, because if you're using Mawile it Mega Evolves into Mega Mawile, which instead trades Defense for Speed. (And also HP if Megas are separate, but Pikachuun says that doesn't work)

Sableye sacrifices Attack and Defense for HP and Speed. Helps it do stuff like Will O Wisp enemy priority, win against some other Prankster Taunters, and increases its overall survivability. Very nice.

Base Rotom drops Special Attack for HP and Attack. If it has the movepool for Physical, this might make it worth selecting over its alternate Formes, actually.

Smeargle trades away Speed for Attack and Special Attack. Nifty, but not making it an attacker, even with its access to ridiculous signature moves like V-Create. At least, not without Banding or Specing it.

Mega Alakazam I don't think I've covered before -it only trades Attack for Special Attack, but Alakazam actually has a really good physical movepool, so it's not unviable.

Dustox drops Special Defense for Attack and Special Attack. Not that useful...

Vivillon trades away its Special Attack for its Defense and Special Defense. Now if only it wasn't the awful Bug/Flying type.

Mothim swaps its offensive stats for its defensive stats. Eeeeh.

Whirlipede is worth commentary: it trades away Defense for HP and Special Attack. With an Eviolite it might work better than Scolipede as a Baton Passer.

Pachirisu trades away Speed for Attack and Special Attack. Not helping.

Numel trades away Special Attack for Speed. Only worth mentioning because Eviolite Simple Numel is something I see sometimes, and it frequently runs Flame Charge for Speed, and also frequently doesn't run a Special move at all.

Pikachu is also worth commentary, trading Speed for HP. This makes it bulkier than Raichu (Trades Speed for Defense), it's not going to outspeed that much in this meta regardless, and it has Light Ball.

... really, the main thing this exercise is doing is getting me interested in a Little Cup version of Stat Switch.

Hey this meta looks like it might be kind to my favourite kind of pokemon. Sub par things with one or two unusually high stats. They'll probably wind up still pretty sub par compared to some things but hey.

Kecleon:
60/90/70/60/40/120
Meet worse greninja. Although with an arguably better physical movepool. Alternatively you run colour change and have access to it's incredibly diverse selection of tutor moves.

Avalugg:
95/117/28/44/46/184
or as I like to call it global warming! The glaciers are going fast. Inferior to regice in nearly all aspects bar ability. Sturdy is great. Is it worth it though?

Wigglytuff:
45/70/140/85/50/140
Big loss of special bulk, but now it is fast enough to really work that ability competitive and can probably take a few more physical hits to boot. Most priority is physical, this may just be good for it.

Porygon-2:
85/80/90/60/95/105
Same old P2, but no more special attack and now fast. A quickwall, just what the world needed!

Chansey:
5/250/250/35/105/50.
Oh god. Why.
Blissey is much the same, but faster (barely) and with double the HP!

Shedinja:
90/1/45/30/30/40
HUGE DAMAGE. Is this even relevant? Are we going to have shedinja with 90 base HP?

Uxie:
130/130/75/130/75/95
Still decently bulky, but now has stats azelf could only dream of.

Dusknoir:
135/100/45/65/45/135
Fast, hits hard, Has an alright movepool and a bunch of support options. Could be fun to use.

Swellow:
60/85/60/125/125/50
SCRAPPY BOOMBURST MLG PRO STRAT.
Honestly I don't think this is great but something that can boomburst with style is now here. Also some special bulk never hurts with reliable recovery. Not that you wouldn't be running specs, right?

Last edited:
Chansey:
5/250/250/35/105/50.
Oh god. Why.
Blissey is much the same, but faster (barely) and with double the HP!
Again, not really. Pokemon HP at level 50 is base HP+10 HP (All Pokemon have 10 HP built in from level 1, except Pokemon whose base HP is 1. The game is hard-coded to take 1 base HP as always equaling exactly 1 HP)+another 50 HP. (Pokemon gain one HP every level in addition to whatever base HP should provide, which this meta doesn't touch) So before EVs and IVs add even more HP, a 5 base HP Pokemon and a 10 base HP Pokemon will have, at level 50, 65 and 70 HP, respectively. IVs add another 15/16 HP (I'm not clear whether Pokemon rounds the 31 IVs up or down) at level 50 and then at max EVs a level 50 Pokemon will gain another 31/32 (Again, not sure if Pokemon rounds up or down) HP.

So a bulk-invested Chansey in this meta will have 111-113 HP (Not sure on the rounding) vs a bulk-invested Blissey having 116-118 HP. (Using the calculator, it gives me 117 for Blissey vs 112 for Chansey) Even if neither of them invests in HP they'll still have 80 (Chansey) vs 85. (Blissey)

On the other hand Blissey has a noticeably higher chunk of Special Defense, so its survivability is still much better than non-Eviolite Chansey. On the other hand, Eviolite Chansey will have +50% to its horrifying Defense.

I'm really curious as to whether Eviolite Chansey will take the meta by storm or if Blissey will prove to have some crucial advantage -five more Attack and Defense isn't really that important when you have 250, most of the important threats will still outspeed Blissey even with more Speed, and 5 HP isn't really that big a deal, but maybe Blissey will prefer to run Life Orb or something?

Again, not really. Pokemon HP at level 50 is base HP+10 HP (All Pokemon have 10 HP built in from level 1, except Pokemon whose base HP is 1. The game is hard-coded to take 1 base HP as always equaling exactly 1 HP)+another 50 HP. (Pokemon gain one HP every level in addition to whatever base HP should provide, which this meta doesn't touch) So before EVs and IVs add even more HP, a 5 base HP Pokemon and a 10 base HP Pokemon will have, at level 50, 65 and 70 HP, respectively. IVs add another 15/16 HP (I'm not clear whether Pokemon rounds the 31 IVs up or down) at level 50 and then at max EVs a level 50 Pokemon will gain another 31/32 (Again, not sure if Pokemon rounds up or down) HP.

So a bulk-invested Chansey in this meta will have 111-113 HP (Not sure on the rounding) vs a bulk-invested Blissey having 116-118 HP. (Using the calculator, it gives me 117 for Blissey vs 112 for Chansey) Even if neither of them invests in HP they'll still have 80 (Chansey) vs 85. (Blissey)

On the other hand Blissey has a noticeably higher chunk of Special Defense, so its survivability is still much better than non-Eviolite Chansey. On the other hand, Eviolite Chansey will have +50% to its horrifying Defense.

I'm really curious as to whether Eviolite Chansey will take the meta by storm or if Blissey will prove to have some crucial advantage -five more Attack and Defense isn't really that important when you have 250, most of the important threats will still outspeed Blissey even with more Speed, and 5 HP isn't really that big a deal, but maybe Blissey will prefer to run Life Orb or something?
The game calculates the combined boost for EVs and IVs, and then floors the result.

That... is actually really clever and for the first time justifies using Zen Mode Darmanitan in... any meta, as far as I'm aware.

And it still has Zen Mode's solid defenses.

Of course it still has to compete with the likes of Regice and Regirock existing. I seriously half-expect those two to get banned.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Oh btw, here are the stats of the ORAS Megas, just because I'm bored and so you guys have easier thero

Beedrill: 60/40/90/45/80/75 --> 60/15/40/150/80/145
Pidgeot: 83/80/75/101/101/70 --> 83/135/135/80/135/121
Slowbro: 95/75/30/100/80/110 --> 95/75/30/130/80/180
Steelix: 75/85/30/55/65/200 --> 75/125/30/55/95/230 (Lol its still a poor man's Mega Aggron)
Sceptile: 70/85/120/105/85/65 --> 145/110/75/70/85/70
Swampert: 100/60/90/85/90/110 --> 100/70/110/95/110/150 (Wow this thing is fast in the rain)
Sableye: 75/50/50/65/65/75 --> 50/85/20/85/115/125
Sharpedo: 70/40/120/95/120/95 --> 70/65/70/110/140/105
Camerupt: 70/100/70/40/75/105 --> 70/120/100/20/105/145
Altaria: 75/105/90/105/70/80 --> 110/75/75/75/105/80
Glaile: 80/80/80/80/80/80 --> 120/80/120/80/120/100
Salamence: 95/80/135/110/135/100 --> 95/90/130/120/145/120
Metagross: 80/70/130/95/90/135 --> 150/145/80/105/110/110
Latias: 130/130/90/110/80/110 --> 150/100/120/140/80/110
Latios: 130/90/130/80/110/110 --> 160/130/100/80/120/110
Lopunny: 65/76/84/105/96/54 --> 65/54/94/136/96/135 (Yay a Special Fighting type with only Focus Miss)
Gallade: 68/65/125/125/115/80 --> 68/65/95/165/115/100 (Yay another Special Fighting type with only Focus Miss)
Audino: 50/60/86/60/86/103 --> 103/60/50/80/50/126
Diancie: 150/100/50/100/50/150 --> 160/50/110/50/110/110

Honestly, the intersting ones imo are Pidgeot, Metagross, the Latis, Camerupt, and Diancie, they all look pretty here, and hooray Diancie isn't horribly outclassed anymore

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)