ORAS LC Sticky Web Hyper Offense - Peaked Rank #1 on Ladder

Hello smogon
This is my sticky web team, kinda old but is still very efective, so im doing a rmt of it.

Once i was trying to make a webs team, i started out with surskit, the best lc sticky web setter. Not much to talk of it

I choosed pawniard for my stealth rock setter, once it is one of the few pokemons that can set sr and still hit hard. Its also one of my Fletchling check.

I noticed that pawn was one of the biggest treaths to the team, so i obviously needed a fighting type, so I choosed mienfoo because its fast and has acess to Taunt, wich is pretty important.

Those are my special attackers, both are very strong, with very good STAB moves and some of the bests stallbreakers of the tier

Even tough with Pawniard, my team was very weak to Fletchling, so I choosed Archen to be the second check to it, as well taking care of mienfoo, timburr, pancham, etc.

The team:

Surskit @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
Level: 5
EVs: 196 SpA / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald/Hydro Pump
- Signal Beam/Giga Drain
- Protect
- Sticky Web

Basically, Surskit is my Sticky web lead. It is the best setter of the tier, (besides it, the only other options are Spinarak and Sewaddle). Its a simple moveset, Sticky web is obvious, Scald is the most useful offensive move of it, with a high chance of burn. You can also use Hydro Pump for more power, but you have a high chance to miss. Signal Beam can be used for a secondary stab, hitting harder Slowpoke or Ferroseed. Giga drain can be used to check staryu, a big problem for the team. Protect is for Fake Out users/scout taunt users. Focus sash is obvious, most of the times having a guaranteed Sticky Web

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch/Brick Break

Pawniard is my Stealth Rock setter and check to Defog users, Gastly, Ferroseed, Fletchling. It can pressure Stunkys and Vullabys to not Defog, once it can get a free +2 boost. Knock Off its one of the best moves at LC, knocking out Eviolites, Berry Juices, Scarfs, etc. Sucker Punch works as a revenge kill move, forcing 50/50 with Gastlys and Abras, as well hitting very hard. You can also use Brick Break for other Pawniards, its your choice. Iron Head its another STAB, hitting fighting and rock types hard. The EV Spread reaches 15 Speed/14Def/12SpDef/18Att, having a good offensive power, as well a good defensive spread.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 200 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Mienfoo is my Pawniard check, acting as a pivot to Abra or Gastly join safe in the field to get a kill. Drain Punch is a strong stab move for hit dark,rock,steel and other types hard. Knock Off is for hit Gastly and knock out Eviolites, Berry Juices, etc. U-Turn is to make the role of a pivot and get momentum. Taunt is for Defog users, Foongus and Ferroseeds.

Abra @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 68 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Substitute

Abra is the strongest mon of the team, it has no switchins besides Stunky and Vullaby, it is my awsner to mons that arent affected by SWeb, like Gastly, Doduo, Archen, etc. Psychic is the STAB and most effective move on it, Energy Ball is for both Spinners(Staryu and Drilbur), Chinchou and Slowpoke. HP Fighting is for the same reason of Gastly, hit Pawniard. Substitute is for get a free hit in most switchins, like in Mienfoo or Timburr.

Gastly @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 104 Atk / 204 SpA / 200 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Gastly is one of my powerhouses, as well doing the work as a spinblocker, and it is a great stallbreaker. Sludge Bomb and Shadow ball are both very strong stabs, with very low switches. Hidden Power Fighting is for hit Pawniard in the switch. Sucker Punch is a move to revenge kill a faster mon, like Abra and another Gastlys (after sash is broken), as well killing low-hp Fletchling. You can also use Substitute, it helps against Foongus and forcing a 50/50 with Pawniard.

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 132 HP / 180 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Archen is my awsner to fighting and flying types and work as a second pivot. Acrobatics is a great move, having 110 power + Stab after Berry Juice is consumed, Earthquake can kill Pawniard after some damage, as well hitting Chinchou and Magnemite. Rock Slide hits Flying and Bug Types, as well being a good stab move. U-Turn is for get momentum in forced switches.

Contrary Snivy can easily sweep my team if used correctly, once it can get a +1 Speed if I set Sticky Web, so it can be a big problem.

Hazard removers can be a big problem in late game, once Gastly cant switch in Staryu/Drilbur, so I need to get rid of them with Abra. Vullaby can Defog, even tough Pawniard can get a free +2 boost. Another big treath is Weak Armor NP Vullaby

Stunky is the biggest treath of the team, it can Pursuit Abra and Gastly, Fire Blast Pawniard and Defog.

Mienfoo can destroy this team, it is unpredicable and can remove Surskit utility with taunt. Choice Scarf Foo can also be a problem, but Abra takes care of it after Knock Off/Sticky Web drop.

Importable:
Surskit @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 196 SpA / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Protect
- Sticky Web

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 200 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Abra @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 68 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Substitute

Gastly @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 104 Atk / 204 SpA / 200 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 132 HP / 180 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Last edited:

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hi ggggd,
Not much to say here as the team has been around forever and has proven its effectiveness time and time again, but Surskit's spread isn't optimized because it gets an HP and Def point for free if you change its spread to 36 HP / 20 Def / 196 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe. You could also consider High Jump Kick over Drain Punch on Mienfoo, because bigger damage = good, especially for the OHKO on Archen (guaranteed after Stealth Rock); you already have Sub Abra + possibly Brick Break Pawniard for opposing Pawniard.
Nice to see the team finally posted, though - congrats on building one of the most influential teams of gen 6 LC!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)