Super-Effectivemons

More observations:
- Thunder Politoed
- Thundurus-I has Prankster Stealth Rock
- Ambipom and Cincinno Technician Storm Throw...
Eh I can't think right now. I'll return later.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
More observations:
- Thunder Politoed
- Thundurus-I has Prankster Stealth Rock
- Ambipom and Cincinno Technician Storm Throw...
Eh I can't think right now. I'll return later.
On the topic of other weather summoners, Ninetales and Mega Charizard Y get Earth Power (Charmander's weak to Ground) and Stealth Rock, and Tyranitar gets Heal Order and Sticky Web. Pretty interesting if you ask me.

Last edited:
I just realized that there are a lot more Sticky Web users now: Espeon and Mega Absol w/ Magic Bounce, Shaymin, Celebi, Tyranitar, Krookodile, Zoroark, Lati@s, Deoxys, Cress, Mew, Meowstic, Chesnaught...this is pretty game-changing. At least the amount of new defoggers balances this out but having Deoxys, the Magic Bouncers and Meowstic-M with Sticky Web is a pretty big deal.

I just realized that there are a lot more Sticky Web users now: Espeon and Mega Absol w/ Magic Bounce, Shaymin, Celebi, Tyranitar, Krookodile, Zoroark, Lati@s, Deoxys, Cress, Mew, Meowstic, Chesnaught...this is pretty game-changing. At least the amount of new defoggers balances this out but having Deoxys, the Magic Bouncers and Meowstic-M with Sticky Web is a pretty big deal.
What if Espeon used sticky web on mega-Absol!? My life s a Lie!

http://pastebin.com/HcJmQkVa

Here's a pastebin of most viable mons and the (semi-)viable moves they get. Seems like the psychic types get the most fun out of this meta, in the form of sleep + set-up (Dark Void, Quiver Dance, Tail Glow) and a buttload of utility (Sticky Web, Topsy-Turvy, Parting Shot, Switcheroo, Destiny Bond, U-turn). Even though Shell Smash is (fortunately) absent, the meta looks like its going to be really set-up oriented, especially with so many possible sleepers at the moment. Just like with Alphabet's torny and thundy, Topsy-Turvy is an absolute godsent in this kind of environment, so I'm expecting Meowstic to finally get her chance to shine. Kind of on the fence about Mega-Banette, since Prankster doesn't activate on the turn you mega and using Protect or something to guarantee the free turn might just end with your opponent subbing in your face. Sableye really wishes it was weak to dark right now haha.

Geomancy Keldeo is ridiculous btw, the only thing that isn't 2HKO'd is 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jellicent if you're running Aeroblast, which is really the only thing you should run. Prepare your pranksters people. Greninja is even worse, as with Secret Sword / Moonblast / Dark Pulse it can 2HKO anything in the meta (Mega-Venu takes 42.8-50.5% from +2 Dark Pulse). The only thing Venu can do back is Haze or Roar (if he doesn't flinch), seeing how Greninja also gets that nifty +2 SpD boost.

On the other side of the spectrum, we have things like Shift Gear Tyranitar, Mamoswine, Azumarill and Kyurem-B. Luckily that last one still can't do much to Aegislash. We also finally got Dragon Dance Garchomp and a variety of Bulk Up and Curse users, though I have not yet come across any considerable threat among those. Then there's things like Talonflame and Kyurem-B again whose former drawback of bad coverage is completely remedied by moves such as Crabhammer and Close Combat, respectively.

Also, Scolipede gets access to Speed Boost + V-Create, which seems really interesting and possibly very threatening.

Here's a pastebin of most viable mons and the (semi-)viable moves they get. Seems like the psychic types get the most fun out of this meta, in the form of sleep + set-up (Dark Void, Quiver Dance, Tail Glow) and a buttload of utility (Sticky Web, Topsy-Turvy, Parting Shot, Switcheroo, Destiny Bond, U-turn). Even though Shell Smash is (fortunately) absent, the meta looks like its going to be really set-up oriented, especially with so many possible sleepers at the moment. Just like with Alphabet's torny and thundy, Topsy-Turvy is an absolute godsent in this kind of environment, so I'm expecting Meowstic to finally get her chance to shine.
*his. female meowstic doesn't get prankster.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.

Here's a pastebin of most viable mons and the (semi-)viable moves they get. Seems like the psychic types get the most fun out of this meta, in the form of sleep + set-up (Dark Void, Quiver Dance, Tail Glow) and a buttload of utility (Sticky Web, Topsy-Turvy, Parting Shot, Switcheroo, Destiny Bond, U-turn). Even though Shell Smash is (fortunately) absent, the meta looks like its going to be really set-up oriented, especially with so many possible sleepers at the moment. Just like with Alphabet's torny and thundy, Topsy-Turvy is an absolute godsent in this kind of environment, so I'm expecting Meowstic to finally get her chance to shine. Kind of on the fence about Mega-Banette, since Prankster doesn't activate on the turn you mega and using Protect or something to guarantee the free turn might just end with your opponent subbing in your face. Sableye really wishes it was weak to dark right now haha.

Geomancy Keldeo is ridiculous btw, the only thing that isn't 2HKO'd is 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jellicent if you're running Aeroblast, which is really the only thing you should run. Prepare your pranksters people. Greninja is even worse, as with Secret Sword / Moonblast / Dark Pulse it can 2HKO anything in the meta (Mega-Venu takes 42.8-50.5% from +2 Dark Pulse). The only thing Venu can do back is Haze or Roar (if he doesn't flinch), seeing how Greninja also gets that nifty +2 SpD boost.

On the other side of the spectrum, we have things like Shift Gear Tyranitar, Mamoswine, Azumarill and Kyurem-B. Luckily that last one still can't do much to Aegislash. We also finally got Dragon Dance Garchomp and a variety of Bulk Up and Curse users, though I have not yet come across any considerable threat among those. Then there's things like Talonflame and Kyurem-B again whose former drawback of bad coverage is completely remedied by moves such as Crabhammer and Close Combat, respectively.

Also, Scolipede gets access to Speed Boost + V-Create, which seems really interesting and possibly very threatening.
Absol already got knock off but before it was illegal with play rough cause play rough was gen 6 egg and knock off is gen 5 tutor iirc

Swellow @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Facade
Bolt Strike
Icicle Crash
U-Turn/ Roost
Swellow now gets gets Guts Facade with coverage. Watch out for magnets though.

Valmanway

Even though Shell Smash is (fortunately) absent, the meta looks like its going to be really set-up oriented, especially with so many possible sleepers at the moment.
I was expecting this, so I predict much usage in Pokemon with Unaware, Haze, Topsy Turvy, and Parting Shot.

Taunt will also be important, me thinks.

Oh, and Snatch could finally have some use to punish set up.

Last edited:
I was expecting this, so I predict much usage in Pokemon with Unaware, Haze, Topsy Turvy, and Parting Shot.

Taunt will also be important, me thinks.

Oh, and Snatch could finally have some use to punish set up.
Derped a bit on Taunt and forgot to include it anywhere, but yeah, there are some fun mons who get it now like rachi and the latis. As for Unaware mons, Quag did get access to leech seed and aromatherapy, so I guess he can be even more annoying now. Thundy and torn both have prankster haze, so at least that's another way to stop set-up. Really loving the look of this meta already, hope it gets implemented somewhere soon!

EDIT: Geomancy snatching would be one of the most rewarding things ever

Valmanway

Derped a bit on Taunt and forgot to include it anywhere, but yeah, there are some fun mons who get it now like rachi and the latis. As for Unaware mons, Quag did get access to leech seed and aromatherapy, so I guess he can be even more annoying now. Thundy and torn both have prankster haze, so at least that's another way to stop set-up. Really loving the look of this meta already, hope it gets implemented somewhere soon!

EDIT: Geomancy snatching would be one of the most rewarding things ever
I actually just found out that Geomancy can't be Snatched, I guess because it's a delay attack.

Valmanway

Out of curiosity, will this be implemented onto PS! in any way? And if so, when? I'm not sure how this works, and I'd love to try my own creation out.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Out of curiosity, will this be implemented onto PS! in any way? And if so, when? I'm not sure how this works, and I'd love to try my own creation out.
You could request for someone to code it and put it up on their own server. Also, every month, there is a vote for Other Meta of the Month, which is put on to the main PS server with a ladder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)