Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

"Brink of death"? Jeez, that's a bit dramatic. Although I guess you would have a big workload if you start such a huge project from scratch every time (explains why the games take so long to come out).

The one thing that stuck out at me in the article was how seamless and easy it was to acquire Mega Man, and how Capcom cooperated almost right away. It's like they've been waiting for the chance to make someone else responsible for putting him in a game, and jumped at the offer ASAP.
Yeah, talk is cheap. Yasunori Mitsuda kept getting sick while composing music for Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. That's dedication you can see hear about seeing!

So for some reason I started thinking about what music would be remade in the new Smash. I kind of wondered why they missed this in Brawl:
[youtube]0p0joUTvntE[/youtube]
It's the Arena theme from Super Star. They could make an awesome orchestral remix with this, maybe throw in a few trumpets. It's perfect fight music, and Sakurai probs wouldn't mind stuffing more Kirby stuff into Smash.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was considering something interesting regarding Sonic and Snake as our third party. Assuming the worst could they be replaced by another Nintendo character with the same or a buffed moveset. With Sonic I could easily see Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western being a feasible Sonic replacement in the same way Ike replaced Roy. He has the rolling part down at least and while he could do that.

His two games were published by a Nintendo second party, although they were e-shop only on 3DS. Snake would be an entirely different story as I can't think of any stealth or explosives guy at the moment who could replicate Snakes moves. But then again he was really OP and all the recent Metal Gear games on Nintendo were ports so I don't care if he doesn't come back.

Half of Snake's moveset, his specials and smashes, looks really difficult to to graft onto another character. The other half though, his aerials, tilts, and whatnot, are pretty easy to give to any lanky character with large legs and arms (say, Waluigi). I can't think of any perfect fit for both, however.

Also, a quick reminder that the image on the front page of the website changes daily so if you're going to link to it, you may want to upload it to another website if you're going to be posting it somewhere!

Also, I think you folks might enjoy this:
[youtube]kwFbG2ZRcjI[/youtube]

Also, I think you folks might enjoy this:
[youtube]kwFbG2ZRcjI[/youtube]
i was gonna say the guy at 1:06 is the best one just because of how pathetic he looks but
3:06
that was amazing
that was like the pinnacle of reactions.

[also i thought he was lloyd irving from his silhouette]

I'm happy at this point, Super Smash Bros is getting a shit ton of attention with all three new characters getting memes.

Villager is a creepyass psychopath

Wii Fit Trainer is a badass

And Mega Man makes people unable to talk

I'm happy at this point, Super Smash Bros is getting a shit ton of attention with all three new characters getting memes.

Villager is a creepyass psychopath

Wii Fit Trainer is a badass

And Mega Man makes people unable to talk
oh they can talk alright
they're just like
making bubbling noises and screaming about subway

Mewtwo's new Forme would be a great addition and it would make sense. Lucario was in as a 4th gen rep and his movie had just come out, Mewtwo is going to be in the same position.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
because drrobotnik linked directly to the daily changing image. i think it's better this way, because i get to reread the ensuing conversation in a new light daily

Another Sakurai interview.

Notes:
  • Move customization confirmed, however moves will just function differently as opposed to just being objectively better.
  • Sakurai states that he doesn't want the match to be linear and that he doesn't want the person who does best at the beginning to almost always win.
  • Sakurai notices that people that constantly rant about how great Melee is are not the majority (YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES).
  • Sakurai states that most fighting games are extremely difficult to get into and that's where Smash differs.
  • Smash is categorized in a concept, not a genre, and Sakurai feels that genres are too strict and deter people from games they'd otherwise like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)